ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

如何发挥最大潜力 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何发挥最大潜力

How to Reach Your Greatest Potential

This vidio was made possible by audible
此视频由Audible提供
Click the link in the description to get your first audiobook
单击说明中的链接即可获得第一份有声读物
and to Audible originals for free when you get a 30-day membership
领取30天的会员资格 并免费获得音频原件
A thousand different desires speak from a thousand different mouths.
每个人都有着不同的欲望
One says, “I want to be an artist.”
有人说 “我想成为一名艺术家”
Another says, “I want to be an athlete.”
另一个人说 “我想成为一名运动员”
We’re born with innate desires,
我们生来就有欲望
destinies inscribed into us at birth.
命运是与生俱来的
To achieve our highest potential,
要发挥最大的潜力
we need only to follow that voice inside.
我们需要遵循内心的声音
But as we’ll soon find out,
但很快我们会发现
our deepest, immutable desires call us to the highest mountains.
内心深处不变的欲望呼唤我们登上最高峰
And often, abandoning the climb is easier than making it.
通常情况下 放弃攀登比坚持更容易
On a hot summer’s day, we find ourselves bored at home.
在一个炎热的夏日 我们在家很无聊
A desire speaks from inside us, but it speaks unclearly.
我们内心的欲望在呼唤 但又含糊不清
We think it says, “freedom.”
它仿佛在说 “自由”
We look out of the window and see our bike.
我们向窗外望去 看到了自行车
We decide we’re going to learn how to ride it.
于是决定去学习如何骑行
On our first try, we fall and scrape our knees.
第一次尝试时 我们摔倒划伤了膝盖
We feel the pain of failure,
我们感受到了失败的痛苦
and we face a critical moment that all kids face
也面对一个所有孩子 当渴望无法满足时
when the fail to meet a desire:
都会面临的关键时刻
do we suppress it or find a way to meet it?
我们是放弃还是坚持?
We try again and again, and we fail.
我们一遍又一遍地尝试 还是失败了
Every time we fail, we get another bruise.
每一次失败 都会多一片瘀伤
When our friends and family see us fail,
当朋友与家人看到我们失败时
we feel embarrassment.
我们会感到尴尬
When our more successful friends ride past us
当那些更成功的朋友从我们身边经过时
we feel like dumb, inadequate failures.
我们会觉得自己像个愚蠢的失败者
Learning is slow and painful.
学习是缓慢而痛苦的
But we’re determined.
但我们有坚定的意志
After every fall, we get up.
每次跌倒 我们都会重新站起
We brush off our knees and keep going.
拍拍膝盖 继续前进
With every extra inch we pedal, we feel powerful.
每前进一点 都会感到充满力量
And after a thousand attempts, we do it:
在上千次的尝试后 我们终于做到了
we learn to ride a bike.
我们学会了骑自行车
Some of our friends use training wheels
有些朋友在学骑自行车之前
before they learn to ride a bike.
会使用辅助轮
Some fail at biking,
有些人不会骑自行车
but succeed at roller-skating and skateboarding.
但学会了轮滑和滑板
With experimentation,
通过实践
we all learn to meet our desire for freedom
我们都学会了满足自己对自由的渴望
We enjoy our freedom all summer.
整个夏天我们都享受到了自由
We feel the wind in our hair,
感受风吹过头发
experience the thrill of going down hill
体验下坡的刺激
ride over to our friends’ house
骑车去朋友家
make our way to the park
去公园
and even stop at the convenience store on our way home.
甚至在回家的路上停在便利店
But, what if we give up?
但是 如果我们放弃呢?
Let’s imagine what would happen
想象一下 如果我们
if we suppress our desire instead.
压抑自己的欲望会发生什么
We fall off our bike and scrape our knees.
我们从自行车上摔下来 擦伤了膝盖
We feel embarrassment.
感到很尴尬
Instead of sticking with our goal, we go home.
我们没有坚持目标 而是回家了
We lie to ourselves.
于是欺骗自己
We say we don’t even want to ride a bike,
说我们根本不想骑自行车
because they’re overrated.
因为它们被高估了
But everywhere we go,
但无论走到哪里
we see kids having fun on their bikes.
都能看到孩子们开心地骑着自行车
They challenge our worldview.
他们在挑战我们的世界观
We lie to ourselves again to explain this.
我们再次欺骗自己来解释这一点
We say biking is dangerous and dumb.
骑自行车既危险又愚蠢
Smart kids like us don’t do dumb things.
像我们这样聪明的孩子才不会做傻事
We use our lies to create a world
我们用谎言创造了一个
in which suppressing our desire is justified.
压抑欲望是合理的世界
With every lie we tell, we move further away from our destiny.
每说一次谎 我们就会离目标越远
The peak of the mountain gets taller, and we get smaller.
山顶越来越高 我们却越来越渺小
We let the fear and pain of failing the climb
攀登失败的恐惧和痛苦
prevent us from learning how to do it.
阻止我们学习如何登顶
We let shame and embarrassment prevent us from trying.
羞愧与尴尬阻止我们去尝试
We learn to resent those who can climb,
我们学会去憎恨那些攀爬的人
and we lie about them too.
并且对他们撒谎
We get rid of fear, pain, shame, and judgment
我们摆脱恐惧 痛苦 羞耻和批评
but only at the cost of pleasure.
但代价是快乐
But how are we doing in the other timeline—
但在另一个时间轴
the one where we follow our desires?
当追随自己的欲望时 我们会怎样呢?
We learn painfully.
我们在痛苦地学习
We fall and break limbs.
我们摔断了四肢
We fail.
失败了
We get laughed at.
还被嘲笑了
We fear that the mountain we climb today will be our last.
我们担心今天攀登的那座山将是最后一座
But we never run from ourselves.
但我们从不逃避
Every day we pick a peak to climb
每天我们都会选一个山峰去攀登
and learn how to get to the top.
学习如何到达顶峰
We pick peaks that are too high,
当选择的山峰太高时
and we realize we have to start on smaller ones.
我们意识到必须从较小的山峰开始
We try different paths to reach the peak.
并尝试不同的途径以达到顶峰
When others laugh at us, we laugh with them.
当别人嘲笑我们时 我们便一笑了之
On dangerous cliffs, the ones that really matter,
在攀登危险且至关重要的悬崖时
we pick our partners carefully.
我们会谨慎地选择伙伴
We pick friends that pull us up, hand in hand,
选择那些能并肩作战的
and not ones that pull us down by our boots.
而非拖后腿的朋友
And our desires keep growing.
我们的欲望不断增长
The mountains get bigger and
山峰越来越高
so does the potential for danger, pain, pleasure, and knowledge.
潜在的危险 痛苦 欢乐和知识也越来越多
We gain useful knowledge that we can give to others.
我们获得了有用的知识分享给他人
We can empower others to reach their own destiny.
给予他人实现目标的力量
By becoming strong ourselves,
通过让自己变得强大
we become the type of person who can make others strong.
我们成为了能让别人变得强大的人
To achieve our highest potential,
为了发挥最大的潜力
we climb the mountain of our desires.
我们需要攀登欲望的山峰
Not the shallow desires that change from day to day,
但不是指每天变化的肤浅欲望
but the stuff that’s written in our DNA.
而是刻在我们DNA里的东西
The desires that sit inside of us as children
那些在孩童时就埋下的
and call to us and call to us.
始终召唤着我们的欲望
They always lurk in the background of our lives.
它们总是隐藏在我们的生活背景中
They make us say,
提醒我们
“hey, maybe I should finally do that,” or,
“也许我终于该这么做了”或者
“I’ll do that one day!”
“总一天我会做到的!”
But one day never comes.
但那一天不会来
And it’s a shame,
真是遗憾
because our highest desires lead us to our highest selves.
因为我们最高的欲望将引导我们实现最高的自我
We face danger and feel great pain on the way up.
在前进的路上 我们面临着危险与巨大痛苦
We sometimes feel lonely and abandoned.
有时会感到孤独和被抛弃
People call us dumb, and they ask us where we’re going.
别人叫我们傻瓜 问我们要去哪里
They try to prevent us from climbing any higher.
他们试图阻止我们爬得更高
They point to other peaks, the ones they would like us to climb.
还让我们去攀登他们想让我们去爬的山
But only we know the way to ourselves—
但只有我们知道通往自我的道路
so we bravely continue.
所以勇敢地坚持
We learn wisely by taking careful steps
我们谨慎的踏出步伐
and experimenting with new paths
尝试新的途径来明智地学习
there are many ways to reach the peak.
到达顶峰有很多方法
But each step up the mountain feels good
但每爬上一步的感觉都很好
and gives us a more beautiful view.
我们能看到更美的景色
We turn knowledge into power and
我们将知识化为力量
use it to climb up to the summit of ourselves.
利用它达到人生顶峰
And if life is nothing but a mountain climb,
如果生活不过是一次攀登
we find joy in the climb.
我们会从中找到乐趣
And there’s nothing more beautiful than the view from the peak
没有什么比山顶的景色更美
Thank you to our sponsor Audible
感谢赞助商Audible
for providing our viewers with their first andiobook
为我们的观众提供30天会员试用资格
into Audible originals for free when they try 30-day membership
并可免费获得第一份有声读物和音频原件
Audible originals are exclusive audio titles created by
音频原件是由来自戏剧 新闻 文学等
celebrated storytellers from Worlds as diverse as
世界各地的著名故事作者
theater journalism literature and more
创作的独家音频
You can get way more out of your day and empower youself
在做事或锻炼时听听音频
by listening to audiobook while committing or exercising
您可以在一天中学到更多 并赋予自己力量
If you’re interested in learning more about
如果你有兴趣了解更多
achieving your highest potential
有关实现最大潜力的知识
I recommend listenning to 《Atomic Habits》by James Clear
我建议你听听James Clear的《原子习惯》
Get your first andiobook for free plus two Adible originals
试用30天会员即可免费获得第一本
when you try Audible for 30 days
有声读物另加两个音频原件
Visit Audible.com/freedominthought or
前往网站Audible.com/freedominthought或者
text ‘freedominthought’ to 500 500 to redeem your offer
编辑短信 ‘freedominthought’ 到500 500兑换优惠
As always thanks for watching and I’ll see you soon
感谢您的观看 下期再见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

每个人心中都有自己的欲望,欲望会引导我们实现自我。当遇到挫折时,我们该坚持还是放弃?如何激发自我的潜力?人生就像是攀登,只要坚持,就有属于自己的一片风景。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Lancy

审核员

审核员SR

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHtpKIViyB0

相关推荐