ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

如何练习英语发音 – 访汤姆凯利 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何练习英语发音 - 访汤姆凯利

How to Practice English Pronunciation -- Interview with Tom Kelley

大家好 欢迎来到
Hey guys. Welcome to the set
在YouTube上来自纽约的瑞秋英语
of Rachel ’ s English in New York at the YouTube Space.
和我们在一起的是瑞秋的英语老师汤姆
We’re here with the Rachel’s English teacherTom.
汤姆和我从2012年起一起教学
Tom’s been teaching with me since 2012
可谓是教学经验丰富
and has logged hundreds of hours teaching.
所以在这个采访里
So we’re going to sit down in an interview
我们将一起去了解他的课程
with Tom today to learn about his lessons. Also,
同时 你也会学到一些
you’ll get some tips about things
当你做练习时的一些思路和窍门
to think about when you’re practicing onyour own.
汤姆非常感谢您的到来
>> Tom, thank you so much for being here.
是我的荣幸
>> It’s my pleasure.
我的第一个问题是
> > My first question is,
当同学们第一次上你的课时
what is something that new students discover when they first
他们都是什么反应
start taking lessons with you?
说实在的 我想学生们可能会
>> To be honest, I think students tend
发现课程比他们想象中的还要复杂
to discover that it ’ s going to be more complicated than they thought.
许多学生
Many students come into
都觉得他们将会在课上
lessons with a belief that they will work
学习R的发音或者一些辅音字母的发音
on the R sound and maybe a couple consonant sounds,
然后 突然之间
and then, all of a sudden,
他们的英语就显著提高
their English will have improved dramatically.
我认为
And I think
我的课程比这要复杂的多
it’s often much more complicated than that.
它更多地关注韵律
It tends to be a lot of focus on rhythm.
–以及更多地在关注放松上–是的
And a lot of focus on relaxation.>> Yeah.
呃 有一件我和我的学生想了很久
> > Um, one thing that I think about a lot
然后也谈论了很多的事
with my students and talk about a lot with
就是 我的学生作为一个演员
my students is that, as an actor,
当我来到学校做语音培训时
when I went to school and took speech training—I ’ m
是以英语母语者的身份
a native speaker of English,
但我在语音课堂时 我们做的第一件事是
but I was in a speech class—and the first thing we did
尝试着去放松
was work on relaxation.
尝试着从机械呆板回归到平和的状态
Taking this instrumentway back to neutral.
因此我们可以开始尝试去
So that we could start from a place of
发现一些当初无法发出的
kind of, discovering some new sounds that I wasn ’ t capable of making
新的声音
when I went in there.
这才是英语母语者该做的
And that’s as a nativespeaker of English.
说起英语的节奏 我想起
> > Speaking about the rhythm of English reminds me,
当我在讲课的时候
when I was teaching, that students didn ’ t
学生不知道我会多么注意每个字母他们只是想着 发音
realize how much I was going to focus on character.They were just thinking: sounds. But I was
但我更注意字母 并且当他们开始上手后
more character-focused. And when they got into it,
他们意识到 哇 这个真的很重要
they realized, wow, this really matters.

>> Yeah.
讲真 我认为我上过最好的课
To be honest, I think the best lessons
是完全取决于字母的
that I do are almost solely based on character,
–发音就自然而来了–没错
and then sounds come up.>> Right.
并且你第一时间处理了他们
>> And you deal with them in the moment.
但是 相较于应付
Butthose are so easy …
–是的没错–那些英文字符
>> Yeah, right.>> …in comparison with dealing with that
已经是很简单了
character of English.
舌头在嘴里的移动方式
The way that you moveyour tongue in your mouth.
这将会
It’s going to
和你以往非常不同 因此
be very different than you’re used to. So,
如果你开始纠正
if you start correcting that, if you start
如果你开始运动舌头
playing with that movement,
你就会发现有许多音都是自然而然发出来的
you ’ re going to find that a lot of sounds take care of themselves.
但是你想做到这一点
But you ’ re going to
就需要通过构建角色来做​​到这一点
need to do that by building the character.
注意汤姆讲述了许多发声技巧
>> Notice that Tom’s talking a lot aboutplaying.
我觉得那是我们
And I think that’s one thing
做的还不够的地方
that we don’t do enough.
当我们学习新东西时 我们想确认我们是对的
When we’re learningsomething new, we want to make sure we’re right,
而这会让我们更紧张
which often brings in extra tension.
但当我们把这当成游戏
But when we think of it as playing, then it
我们就会放松不少
can sort of loosen us up.
实际上 Tom和我
And actually, Tom and I
给课本录了音频
recorded some audio for the book, in
我们只是发出任意疯狂的声音
which we ’ re just making random, crazy sounds,
并且鼓励人们去模仿
and encouraging people to imitate that.
–这就是本书要求的第一件事–是的
And that’s the first thing in the book.>> Yeah.
秘诀就是 放松
>> And the point is, relax.
释放自己
Get out of yourself.
这将会是一个不同寻常的新事物
This is going to be something different and new.
另一个也许能帮助那些不能够
>> Another thing that can help a student who, maybe,
上面授课或上网课的学生
can ’ t take lessons in person or online,
是让他们对如何对视觉性地发出声音
is to get really interested in how they ’ re
产生兴趣
making sound visually.
通过用一面镜子一台相机
To use a mirror, touse a camera.
我有时会和学生一起
Something that I’ll do with
练习包括听一些本土英语演讲者的TED演讲
my students is have them listen to a native speaker ’ s TED talk.
这同样很有趣
Which as so interesting
无论怎样这经常使人振奋 因此听这些是有趣的
and inspirational so often anyway, so it’sinteresting to listen to.
且他们有
And they have all
他们所有的可寻资料
their transcripts available.
因此你可以面对着相机读文稿并录影记录下来
So you can practice a transcript looking into a camera and record yourself.
然后 观察对比本土演说家和你自身
And then, watch the native speakerand watch yourself.
如果你注意到
And if you notice that
你一点也不倾向张开你的下颚你会发现你的牙齿
you tend to not drop your jaw at all, you see your teeth,
贴的十分紧凑
they ’ re very close together,
那就是一个你需要专注于
then that ’ s a sign that you need to work
放松下颌的信号
on that relaxation of the jaw.
创造出
Create a little
更多的一些空间 你能开始
more space. So you can start getting,
对观察其他发言人产生真正的兴趣
just really interested in watching other speakers.
并且和自己去比较
And comparing it to your own. That’s,
如果你只是自己去做并且
um,that’s if you’re on your own and you—and
没有人帮助你
there’s just no one around to help you out.
这是这个很好的方式
It’s a good, a good way to do that.
那是一个好的诀窍
>> That’s a great tip.
汤姆 你从你的学生那里学到了什么
>> Tom, what’s something that you’ve learnedfrom your students.
我会说
> > I would say that,
有时我会发现一些我很惊讶的事 我会想 噢
something that I was kind of surprised to learn—I went in thinking, oh,
在某种程度上我感到
at some point I will feel
好像我全都搞懂了
like I have it all figured out.
就像只是一种
Like it’s just kind
老生常谈 我会了解所有去帮助我学生
of cut and dried and I will know everything to hand to my students,
他们会轻易的
and they will simply
接受这个 我只能说这是一种方法
take it, and I will just have to say it one way.
我想 我意识到了
And I think, what I’m realizing, is
我们许多不同的过去会决定我们说话的方式
that we all have incredibly specific histories to the way that we speak.
对我来说 我成长于
For me, I grew up
印第安纳洲 属于中部地区
in Indiana. So, the center of the country. But,
但是因为我的父亲过去是新闻播音员
I had a father who was a newscaster.
所以伴随我成长的是广播式英语
So I grew up with, kind of, broadcaster English.
所以当我读研究生时
So when I went to grad school, there was less
我很快就能适应标准的美国英语
that I needed to adjust to find the standardAmerican English. But,
但是不同的学生
every student has a
有不同的经历
very specific history that they’re comingfrom.
他们说的语言
The languages they spoke, and then,
教授他们英语的人
the people that they learned English from.
他们来自何方
Where were they from?
以及他们
What kind of accent
说话时的口音
were they speaking? And,
所以当我在教学时
so, as I ’ m teaching, each student is,
每个学生其实都会
kind of, teaching me a new
让我学会一种新的讨论的思路是
way to talk about concepts.>> Yeah.
因为这也是我喜欢教学的原因之一
>> Because, that’s one of my favorite thingsabout teaching.
虽然有时也会陷入低谷
It can be frustrating sometimes,
但是当你找到正确的方式
but it ’ s really a joy to
来与每个学生交流观念的时候 非常兴奋
find the best way to communicate a concept to each individual student.
因为差异永远都存在
Because it’s always just a littledifferent.
所以我觉得我开始意识到
So I think I’ve really learned
我们在交流的时候是如此的不同
how unique we are, in the way that we communicate.
Tom 和我在上周说到
>> And Tom and I were talking last week about how,
有时 你给一个俄罗斯学生上课
sometimes, you ’ ll be working with,
你会在琢磨
for example, a student from Russia, and you ’ ll
一种正确的方式去教他或她
figure out the right way to, to teach something to him or her.
然后 你会发现一种
And then—oh, you’ve learned
适合这个人的教学方式是的
from the person the right way to teach it.>> Totally.
以后再遇到俄罗斯学生
> > And then the next time you have a Russian student,
你已经应付自如了
then you ’ re all the better prepared
是的
>> Yeah, yeah.
作为一个老师
Those are awesome moments.
这是个美妙的时刻
Those are huge light bulb moments for me as
让人有一种顿悟
a teacher, certainly.
如果学生正在为一些重要的事而准备
> > If a student is preparing for something important,
例如面试
like a job interview, for example,
他们时间有限 也许只有几周
and they have a limited amount of time, just a couple weeks maybe.
你会怎么帮他们
What would you do to
你会先做什么
work with them? What would your prioritiesbe?
嗯 在我所有的课程
> > Well, for all my lessons,
我们使用一种录音方案
we use a recording project to, kind of,
来让他们加入课程
get them into the lessons.
也就是他们会把自己的
So they ’ ll send me a recording
所说的录音来发给我
that they will record of themselves speaking.
然后
And so
在那一周,我们就可以使用一些文字内容
for that week, we would use the text of whatever.
假设比如你有一个展示 我们可以
If they had a presentation, we would use the
使用其中的内文字内容 如果是面试的话
presentation text. If they had an interview,
可以做一个模拟面试
they could do a mock interview of themselves speaking.
这样他们对于他们将要用到的词
So they get some practice on the vocabulary
去做一些练习
that they ’ re going to use.
接着
And then,
我们会用课上时间去认真咀嚼词汇
we would use the lesson time to really drill that vocabulary,
任何概念和单词
any concepts, any words
一些难以理解的词语
that are a little hard to understand.
我们常常着力于为什么它难以理解
We wouldreally kind of get into why it’s hard to understand,
并且帮助他们进行训练
and help them drill those.
然后会有一个贯穿整周的教学录像
Andthen they would have that lesson video throughout
来针对专门的面试思路
the week to, kind of, focus on those interview-specificconcepts.
他们会练习
And they would practice with that
一整周
throughout the week.
如果还有几周剩余
And then if they had a couple weeks,
我们可以在回过头来
we could come back, see how
看看效果和做些调整
that’s going, and adjust. But,
我喜欢上那种有些特别的课
I love inlessons when we have something that specific,
因为我们可以去着力于那些每天
because we can really focus in on vocabulary
都在使用的单词
that they ’ re using on a daily basis.
这能有效帮助他们学以致用
And that can be great to help them integrate the practice into their everyday conversation.
在采访的最开始
> > Now, at the beginning of this interview,
你提到学生发现的第一件事是
you said one of the first things that students
这个课程任务繁重
discover is, sort of, how much work it’sgoing to be.
而且难懂 所以当你
>> Yeah.>> And how complicated it is. So when you
只有很短的时间去完成一个目标时
have a short period of time to work on one goal,
你会如何简化过程
how do you simplify the process, or,
或者 你又集中于何处?
what do you focus on?
如果只是一个目标的话 我们主要
>> For that, if it’s just one goal, we really
会关心如何成功 或者说是狭义的单词
just focus on succeeding on that, kind of, small world of text.
这会使单词变得
So it becomes much more
更加具体
specific about this word,
作为得出单词的主要含义的相对面
as opposed to trying to extrapolate major concepts from that word,
我们只关心
we just focus in on,
当你遇到这个单词时 你怎么摆出口型
when you get to this word, remember to drop your jaw, remember
舌头的姿势 在这一周内重复无数次
that tongue movement, and drill it a milliontimes this week.
是的
>> Right.
所以 搞定面试不在话下
>> So that you can really nail it in the interview
或者你的展示
or in your presentation.
对于面试 它有可能
>> So, for an interview, it would maybe be
会出现一些专业单词或者其他状况
vocabulary specific to that job interview,or whatever.
肯定的只要对那些核心词汇熟练就好
>> Absolutely>> Just getting comfortable with those core words.
是的 我的意思是我们只是深入
>> Yes. Yeah. I mean, we just dive into the
他们将来会用到的部分
material that they will be using in that,
也无论他们将面对什么
whatever environment they ’ re headed into,
他们就能体会到尽可能放松的状态
so that they can feel as comfortable as possible. The,
你可以尽可能地去练习
the thing is, you can practice as much
也许一天五小时 但是
as you can, you, maybe you can practice five hours a day. But,
当你要去面试时
when it comes down to it,
你有可能在这些些情况下紧张
you’re probably going to be nervous in thosesituations.
当你在房间里时
And so, when you get in the room,
不要去想其他任何事 做自己就好
you kind of have to let everything go and just be yourself,
然后想象
and hope that the
和平时练习时一样是的
practice kind of comes with you.>> Yeah.

> > Um,
但是训练的最好方式是
but the best way that that practice is going to come with you is if you ’ ve drilled
不断的重复练习
and drilled and practiced.
同时 我们也试着
And so, we try
为那些独自练习的人
in the lessons to really give a specific kind
在课程中加入
of sense of what they need to work
一些特别的理念
on in their alone time as they practice.
从而构建
To build up,
并获得成功的经营
and have a successful experience.
太棒了
>> Great.
Tom 非常感谢你的
Well Tom, thank you so much for
宝贵建议 非常感谢
this advice. I appreciate it,
同时也希望所有人对此表示感谢
and I hope everyone out there has appreciated it too.
不客气的
>> Absolutely.
我的荣幸
My pleasure.
同志们 Tom的安排里
>> And guys, Tom does have availability yet
还有几个空位
in his schedule for a few more students.
如果你在为大事件准备的话
Soif you’re preparing for an important event,
亦或者想要与你
or you just want to work
工作上特殊事项的人直接对接的话
with somebody directly on your specific issues,
请登录 RachelsEnglish.com/lessons
check out RachelsEnglish.com/lessons.
我将会非常高兴与大家一起
>> I’d love to work with you.
这就是所有内容,谢谢观看
>> That’s it guys, and thanks so much for
瑞吉英语
using Rachel’s English.
如果你喜欢这个视频的话 请相信
If you like this video, besure
那么请不要就此停住 一直跟我学习美式英语吧
but don’t stop there, keep learning with my American English
我的
my

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

如何在放松的心态下学习英文

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

*雾岛之樱。

审核员

审核员YX

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jobiAHhNotA

相关推荐