ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

怎样能让求职过程减少点痛苦 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

怎样能让求职过程减少点痛苦

How to make applying for jobs less painful | The Way We Work, a TED series

我们这个年代 线上求职是最糟的数字体验之一
Applying for jobs online is one of the worst digital experiences of our time.
线下求职也没有好到哪儿去
And applying for jobs in personreally isn’t much better.
(工作方式)
[The Way We Work]
我们都知道 求职常常失败
Hiring as we know itis broken on many fronts.
对人们来说 这是个糟糕的体验
It’s a terrible experience for people.
去年 使用各种方法的求职者中
About 75 percent of people who applied to
有大约75%的人说
jobs using various methods in the past year
他们未曾从雇主那里得到任何反馈
said they never heard anything backfrom the employer.
而且所在的公司职位也不如意
And at the company levelit’s not much better.
46%的人在他们工作的第一年
46 percent of people get fired or quit
被辞退或者辞职
within the first yearof starting their jobs.
这非常让人生气
It’s pretty mind-blowing.
这对经济也造成了影响
It’s also bad for the economy.
有史以来第一次
For the first time in history,
我们拥有的开放性岗位多于失业人数
we have more open jobs than we have unemployed people,
我们遇到一个问题
and to me that screamsthat we have a problem.
我相信关键在于一张纸:简历
I believe that at the crux of all of thisis a single piece of paper: the résumé.
一份简历必定包含一些有用的部分:
A résumé definitely hassome useful pieces in it:
人们担任过什么职务 电脑技术如何
what roles people have had,computer skills,
他们会说什么语言
what languages they speak,
但是被忽略的是 人们有潜力去做到
but what it misses is what they have the potential to do
他们以前没机会做的事情
that they might not have had the opportunity to do in the past.
在这样一个快速发展的经济环境下
And with such a quickly changing economy
工作来自于网络 可能需要些没人具备的技能
where jobs are coming online that might require skills that nobody has,
如果我们只看到人们过去完成的事情
if we only look at what someone has done in the past,
我们就不可能把他们和以后的工作匹配起来
we’re not going to be able to match people to the jobs of the future.
所以我觉得这是科技的一个益处
So this is where I think technologycan be really helpful.
你也许都看见 算法在匹配人和事物方面
You’ve probably seenthat algorithms have gotten pretty good
已经做的很好了
at matching people to things,
但如果我们可以用同样的技术
but what if we could use that same technology
帮自己找到真正适合的工作会怎样呢
to actually help us find jobsthat we’re really well-suited for?
我知道你在想什么
But I know what you’re thinking.
算法为你挑选下一份工作听起来很奇怪
Algorithms picking your next jobsounds a little bit scary,
但是有一件事是可以预见的
but there is one thing that has been shown
未来一些人会在其工作中获得成功
to be really predictiveof someone’s future success in a job,
这被称为多测量实验
and that’s what’s calleda multimeasure test.
这个测试不是一件新鲜事
Multimeasure testsreally aren’t anything new,
但是它们很昂贵
but they used to be really
而且要一位哲学博士坐在你面前
expensive and required a PhD sitting across from you
回答很多问题并写出报告
and answering lots of questionsand writing reports.
这是一种评估人们内在特质的方法—
Multimeasure tests are a way to understand someone’s inherent traits —
你的记忆力 专注度
your memory, your attentiveness.
如果我们能进行多测量实验
What if we could take multimeasure tests
并使之可扩展 易理解
and make them scalable and accessible,
如果给雇主提供一个人的某些特质
and provide data to employersabout really what the traits are
可以让他们做好这份工作会怎么样呢?
of someone who can make them a good fit for a job?
这些听起来有些抽象
This all sounds abstract.
我们一起来试着玩一个游戏吧
Let’s try one of the games together.
接下来你将看见一个闪烁的圆圈
You’re about to see a flashing circle,
而你要做的就是
and your job is going to
当圆圈变红的时候拍手
be to clap when the circle is red
当圆圈变绿的时候什么也不做
and do nothing when it’s green.
[准备好了吗?]
[Ready?]
[开始!]
[Begin!]
或许你是那种遇见红圆圈时
Maybe you’re the type of person who claps the millisecond
毫不犹豫就拍手的人
after a red circle appears.
或是那种遇见红圆圈时
Or maybe you’re the type of person
要花点时间百分百确定后再拍手的人
who takes just a little bit longer to be 100 percent sure.
又或者你在绿圆圈时不小心拍了手
Or maybe you clap on green even though you’re not supposed to.
这个游戏最有趣的地方在于
The cool thing here is that this isn’t
它不是一个标准的
like a standardized test
判断哪些人符合要求而哪些不符合的测试
where some people are employableand some people aren’t.
相反它可以更好的根据你的性格
Instead it’s about understandingthe fit between your characteristics
来判断你能做好哪些工作
and what would make yougood a certain job.
我们发现如果在红圈的时候
We found that if you clap late
你拍手慢了 在绿圈时候没拍手
on red and you never clap on the green,
你可能有很高的专注度和约束力
you might be high in attentivenessand high in restraint.
这些人一般都是好学生 好的测试者
People in that quadrant tend to begreat students, great test-takers,
在项目管理或会计方面表现很出色
great at project management or accounting.
如果你在红色时拍手很快
But if you clap immediately
在绿色时会不经意拍手
on red and sometimes clap on green,
这可能意味着你反应灵敏并富有创造力
that might mean thatyou’re more impulsive and creative,
我们发现优秀的销售员都具有这种特征
and we’ve found that top-performingsalespeople often embody these traits.
我们在招聘时使用这种方法
The way we actually use this in hiring
是因为我们通过这样的神经学训练后
is we have top performers in a role
都表现良好
go through neuroscience exercises like this one.
接着 我们建立了一种算法来理解是什么使这些人表现与众不同
Then we develop an algorithm that understands what makes those top performers unique.
然后 当人们去应聘时
And then when people apply to the job,
我们可以从表面判断出谁最适合这份工作
we’re able to surface the candidates who might be best suited for that job.
可能你会觉得这风险很大
So you might be thinkingthere’s a danger in this.
因为现在的工作并不是最多样化的
The work world todayis not the most diverse
如果我们以现在最出色的人为基础建立算法
and if we’re building algorithmsbased on current top performers,
我们如何确定
how do we make sure
我们没有怀有早已存在的偏见呢
that we’re not just perpetuating the biases that already exist?
例如 如果我们以高层的CEO的标准建立算法
For example, if we were building an algorithm based on top performing CEOs
并以标准普尔指数为基础
and use the S&P 500 as a training set,
你肯定会发现
you would actually find
你更可能雇佣叫约翰的白人男性而非女性
that you’re more likely to hire a white man named John than any woman.
现实中也正是这样
And that’s the realityof who’s in those roles right now.
但是技术也确实创造了些令人瞩目的机会
But technology actually posesa really interesting opportunity.
我们可以创造更加平衡的算法
We can create algorithmsthat are more equitable
比以前的更加平等
and more fair than human beingshave ever been.
每个实行的算法都已经过测试
Every algorithm that we putinto production has been pretested
保证没有性别和种族歧视
to ensure that it doesn’t favorany gender or ethnicity.
而且 如果某个群体被过分照顾
And if there’s any populationthat’s being overfavored,
我们可以修改算法直到问题解决
we can actually alter the algorithmuntil that’s no longer true.
每当我们注意到让我们更好的
When we focus on the inherentcharacteristics
适应工作的那些天生特质
that can make somebodya good fit for a job,
我们可以超越种族 阶级 性别 年龄
we can transcend racism,classism, sexism, ageism —
甚至学历的限制
even good schoolism.
那些高科技和算法不应该
Our best technology and algorithmsshouldn’t just be used
局限于帮我们找到热门电影和流行的贾斯汀比伯的歌
for helping us find our next movie binge or new favorite Justin Bieber song.
憧憬一下如果我们可以运用科技的力量
Imagine if we could harnessthe power of technology
指导我们应如何
to get real guidanceon what we should be doing
在已有的基础上更上一层楼吧
based on who we are at a deeper level.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

怎样能让求职过程减少点痛苦

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Z

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJz69v_7258

相关推荐