未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何快速精通英语

How to Learn English Easily by Doing the Hard Shit

– Do you keep making the same foolish choices again and again?
你是否三番五次地作出同样愚蠢的选择呢?
[upbeat music]
[欢快的音乐]
Hello, I’m Julian Northbrook from doingenglish.com.
大家好 我是来自DoingEnglish的朱利安·诺斯布鲁克
About a month ago I went to Amsterdam
大概一个月前 我去了阿姆斯特丹
for three days to do some video work
我在那呆了三天 做了一些视频工作
and just to have a look around
然后四处逛了逛
and whilst I was there
在那闲逛的时候
I found this leather jacket.
我看中了这件皮夹克
Ba-bam. Pretty cool, yeah?
看 很酷吧?
I love the fit, I love the colour
很合身 颜色不错 我很喜欢
and I love the shoulder pads
垫肩也好看
that make me look like I’ve got muscles
让我看起来有肌肉
when in reality everybody knows
虽然事实上人们都知道
that I haven’t.
我没有
I saw this jacket, I loved it
我看到了这件夹克 觉得很喜欢
and I just bought it there and then.
当场就买下了它
Big, big mistake.
大错特错
See these red marks all around my neck?
看到我脖子上的这一圈红痕了吗?
Yeah, from this jacket.
没错 就是这件夹克弄的
Turns out that I’m allergic to brown leather dye
事实证明我对褐色皮革染料过敏
and every time I wear this jacket
我每次穿这件夹克的时候
I break out in a rash.
身上都会出疹子
Now, if it were the first time
如果我是第一次
I’d ever bought a brown leather jacket
买褐色皮革夹克的话
I could be forgiven for having bought it
那么我买了这件夹克就是可以被原谅的
but it’s not.
可惜并不是
I bought a similar brown leather jacket last year
去年 我买了一件跟这个差不多的褐色皮革夹克
and I had a terrible allergic reaction to it.
而且过敏反应非常严重
My entire neck went red and spotty
我的整个脖子都红了 起满了疹子
and itchy as hell.
而且极痒难耐
We checked and yes, I was allergic
我们去检查后得知
to something in the brown leather dye.
我对褐色皮革染料中的某种物质过敏
Why did I buy another brown leather jacket?
但我为什么又买了另外一件褐色皮夹克呢?
I mean, surely you buy one once,
没错 你是买过一次了
you have a terrible allergic reaction to it,
过敏反应严重
you learn your lesson
你得到了教训
and you don’t buy another one, Julian.
不要再买第二次了 朱利安
Yeah, you’d think so, wouldn’t you?
你是这么想的 对吗?
You really would but I did.
你就是这么想的 但我还是买了
You see, when I saw it in the shop
当我在服装店里看到这件夹克
and knew I wanted it,
并且想要买下它的时候
the first thing that popped into my head
我脑海中想到的第一件事
was indeed that I may well have an allergic reaction
就是我对这件夹克
to this jacket too
可能也会过敏
but I really, really wanted it
但我真的太想要了
and there was a small irrational part of me
我的内心听到一个不理性的声音
that kept saying but Julian,
一直在说 但是 朱利安
perhaps this time it will be different.
这次可能会不一样
Perhaps this time you won’t go red and spotty
或许这次你的脖子不会红 也不会起疹子
and what did I do?
我最后怎么做了?
I listened to that little hopeful, irrational voice
我听从了那个带着点希望的不理性的声音
and bought the God damn bloody jacket.
买下了那件该死的夹克
We do it all the time though, don’t we?
我们总是会做这样的事 不是吗?
Take improving your English as an example.
就比如说提高你的英语水平这件事
If you are anything like I was
如果你像我
when I was trying to improve my Japanese,
在试图提高自己的日语水平时一样
you are probably stuck using methods
你可能会卡在使用方法上
that really aren’t very effective.
这太没效率了
You are probably stuck in quite poor study habits
你可能卡在坏的学习习惯
and thinking patterns
和思考模式上
and they are holding you back
这些东西都拖住了你
from really improving your English-speaking ability.
真正提升英语口语能力的脚步
But also, if you’re anything like I was
但同样的 如果你像我
when I was struggling,
在挣扎的时候一样
you probably on some level already know that
在某种程度上你可能也已经知道了自己在挣扎
but keep doing it anyway
但是仍在继续学习下去
and for me, I knew what I was doing
对我而言 我知道我在做的事情
wasn’t really helping me that much.
并不能帮我进步多少
I knew that just memorising lists of vocabulary,
我知道光是背诵词汇列表
just memorising more words,
只不过是记住更多单词
I knew that just going out and just chatting to people
我也知道出门和别人用日语
in Japanese and watching TV
交谈和看日语的
and watching films in Japanese
电视和电影
really wasn’t actually doing much to help me anymore.
也对我没有太大帮助
I knew that
我知道的
but and here’s the thing,
但是还有件事
it was easier and more fun
这些做起来比
than doing the hard work that I knew that I had to do to really improve.
能真正提升我的能力要做的那些艰苦的学习要简单的多好玩的多
Reaching the highest levels of English mastery,
达到精通英语的最高水平
the pinnacle of English achievement,
达到英语成就的高峰
it can be done
是可以做到的
but it ain’t gonna happen by faffing around.
然而瞎忙活是不可能做到这一点的
At some point you’re gonna have to roll up your sleeves
在某一刻 你得卷起袖子
and do the hard, uncomfortable work
好好做并不舒服的工作
to get really, really, really good at English,
来达到对英语的精通
to reach that extraordinary level.
取得那个非凡的成就
I can help you
我能帮助你
and it all starts with my book,
从我的书开始
Master English Fast,
《快速精通英语》
An Uncommon Guide to Speaking Extraordinary English.
一本不寻常的指南 教你精通英语口语
This baby, it does what it says on the tin,
这本书 会教你封面上所写的内容
it will help you to master English fast
它会帮助你快速精通英语
and speak extraordinarily good English
并且精通英语口语
but only if you are prepared to put some serious time
但是 它只在你准备好为提高英语水平
and effort into improving your English
以及达到精通英语的最高水平
and reaching that highest level of mastery.
付出时间和努力的时候有用
Do not even think about buying this book
如果你不想付出时间和努力
if you’re not gonna put the time and the effort
来按照书上的指示学习的话
into actually doing what it tells you to do.
那你就不要想着买书了
This ain’t a walk in the park.
这不是在公园散步
This is not easy.
这并不简单
What I teach is extraordinarily effective
我教的方法非常有效
but only if you do the work
但只在你真的去学的时候有效
and this ain’t for lazy people,
这不是为懒人准备的
this is not stupid magic method
也不是什么让你
where you get fluent in English instantly
什么都不用干
without having to do anything.
立刻就能说一口流利英语的愚蠢的魔术
Dear God, no,
天知道 根本不是这样的
it’s gonna take time and effort.
这本书需要你付出时间和努力去学习
Assuming that you actually are prepared
假如你已经准备好
to put the time and the effort
付出时间和努力
into doing the work that you know you should be doing,
去做你知道该怎么做的工作了
you can if you like read the introduction
那么如果你想 你就可以免费阅读这本书的介绍
and the first chapter for free.
还有第一章
Just head over to masterenglishfast.com.
来masterenglishfast.com这个网站听课吧
If you loved today’s video,
如果你喜欢今天的视频
go ahead, give it a thumbs up.
记得给我们点赞
If you hated it and thought it was a load
如果你讨厌它 觉得它很老套
of old shit, go ahead, hit that thumbs down button now.
那就点击逊毙了按钮
If you’re new to the channel, subscribe,
如果你是新来的 记得订阅
hit that bell button
点击那个钟形状的按钮
so that you’re notified next time
这样我下次更新英语学习的好处的视频时
I upload a new video of English learning goodness
你就能收到提醒啦
and I’ll see you in the next video
下个视频见
and of course in my book,
当然 也在我的书里见
Master English Fast.
《快速精通英语》
Goodbye.
再见
The only question which remains now of course
那么现在剩下的唯一一个问题就是
is what the hell do I do with this jacket?
我该拿这件夹克怎么办呢?
Anybody want a brown leather jacket?
有谁想要一件褐色的皮夹克吗?
[upbeat music]
[欢快的音乐]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

本视频通过朱利安犯的错误,引出学英语时的阻碍,并教你如何快速精通英语

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

DiannaL

审核员

sf

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW8KNq_0238

相关推荐