未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
/* Error on https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@mdi/font@^3.0.0/css/materialdesignicons.min.css : Something went wrong: cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 7000 milliseconds */ /* Error on https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/animate.css@^3.5.2/animate.min.css : Something went wrong: cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 7001 milliseconds */
播放视频

如何增强意志力?

HOW TO INCREASE WILLPOWER - THE WILLPOWER INSTINCT BY KELLY MCGONIGAL ANIMATED BOOK REVIEW

为什么意志力很重要?
Why is willpower important?
研究表明 意志力更强的人
Research shows that people with stronger willpower
几乎在生活的各个方面都要好一些
are better off in almost every aspect of life:
他们更快乐 更健康
they’re happier and healthier,
拥有更令人满意和持久的人际关系
have more satisfying and long-lasting relationships,
他们更成功 能赚更多的钱 甚至更长寿
are more successful, make more money – and even live longer.
简而言之 如果你想改善你的生活
In a nutshell, if you want to improve your life,
意志力是一个很好的起点
your willpower is a good place to start.
今天我们要讨论的是 我们的大脑奖励系统如何运作
Today we will talk about how our brain-reward system works,
为何我们想着不要做某事 实际上我们却做了
how focusing on not doing something actually makes us do it
以及为什么我们的意志力像肌肉一样
and how our willpower is like a muscle
我们越是锻炼它 它就变得越强
and the more we train it the stronger it gets.
首先 了解你大脑的奖励系统
First, understand your brain’s reward system.
为什么满足了我们一时冲动的欲望后
Why do we often feel bad and guilty
我们常常会感到内疚不已?
after satisfying our immediate desires,
比如买了一件我们不需要的新毛衣
like buying a new sweater we don’t need,
或是在电视机前度过了一个慵懒的夜晚
or spending a lazy evening in front of the TV?
又是为什么尽管我们知道会这样 却还是屡犯不止?
And why do we do it again and again, despite knowing better?
因为你大脑的奖励系统
Because your brain’s reward system is
并不一直是你的朋友
not always your friend,
有时它会带你走错方向
and sometimes it leads you in the wrong direction.
那么当你渴望得到某些东西时 大脑究竟会发生什么呢?
So what exactly happens in the brain when you crave something?
首先 你看到你想要的东西或是闻到它的气味
First you see or smell something you desire,
仅仅那样就足以激活大脑中的奖励系统
and just that, is enough to activate the reward system in the brain.
该系统会释放出一种叫做多巴胺的神经递质
The system releases a neurotransmitter called dopamine,
它可以激活大脑中
which activates the areas of the brain
负责注意力 动力和行为的区域
responsible for attention, motivation and action.
这种多巴胺的释放
These dopamine releases can be triggered by anything
会被让我们感觉良好的任何东西所触发
we have associated with feeling good:
商场打三折的标志牌
a 70-percent-off sale sign at a mall,
美味食物的香味
the smell of delicious food,
或是冲你微笑的迷人脸庞
or an attractive face smiling at you.
当释放这种多巴胺时
And when this dopamine is released,
我们会十分想要得到触发它的这个东西
the object that pulled the trigger immediately becomes very desirable
即使它违背了我们的长期利益
even if it’s against our long-term interest,
如不健康的食物
like unhealthy food,
沉迷网络 酗酒 或是一夜情
internet binges, binge drinking or one night stands.
这就是为什么我们
This is why we engage in activities that
会去做那些第一眼无法抗拒
seem to be irresistible at first glance,
但随后会让我们感到内疚和不满的事情
but afterward leave us feeling guilty and dissatisfied.
然而 我们的史前祖先
Our prehistoric ancestors, however,
并没有受到这个奖励机制的困扰
were not troubled by this reward mechanism.
事实上 被甜食吸引对他们有利
In fact, being attracted to sweet things was to their advantage,
因为甜水果和浆果是他们饮食的重要组成部分
as sweet fruit and berries were a crucial part of their diet.
我们的祖先没有现代社会的种种限制
Our ancestors were also more free
他们可以更加自由地追求配偶
to freely pursue mating partners without modern-day society constraints.
尽管这种冲动机制在我们这个时代不好用
But even though this impulsive mechanism isn’t as useful
但它仍然存在
in our day and age, it’s still there,
我们必须确保
and we have to make sure
它不会让我们做出不健康或不明智的选择
it doesn’t push us toward unhealthy or unwise choices.
那么 你可以做什么呢?
So what can you do?
实际上 你可以通过将令人不愉快的任务
You can actually make this weakness your strength
和触发多巴胺释放的东西结合起来
by combining unpleasant tasks with something
使这个弱点变成你的力量
that gets your dopamine firing.
例如 你可以将无聊的文书工作带到你最喜欢的咖啡厅
For example, bring your boring paperwork to your favorite café
然后在品尝一杯美味的热巧克力时完成它
and finish it over a delicious cup of hot chocolate.
第二 不要主动克制你的欲望或是老想着你的欲望
Second, stop actively resisting or thinking about your desires.
这里有一个挑战
Here’s a challenge:
在接下来的五分钟内不要去想白熊
for the next five minutes don’t think about white bears.
你能做到吗?
Can you do it?
大部分人做不到
Most people fail in this task.
尽管我们平常不会想到白熊
Even though we never usually think about white bears,
但如果你积极尝试不去想它们
if you actively try to not think about them,
那个念头几乎停不下来
it becomes almost impossible to stop.
你的渴望也是如此
The same is true for your cravings:
虽然抑制刚开始可能会起作用
though suppression might seem to work at first,
但实际上它会让结果变得更糟
it actually makes them worse.
这得到一位研究人员的证明
This was shown by one researcher who believed
他认为 抑制想法会迫使我们
that thought suppression compels us to do
去做那些我们试图不去想的事情
the very thing we are trying to not think about.
那么如何在不抛开这些念头的情况下战胜渴望呢?
So how can you overcome cravings without pushing them away?
在你节食的时候
When you’re on a diet,
不要禁止自己吃最喜欢的食物
don’t deprive yourself of your favorite foods
因为那样只会增加你的渴望
because it will only increase your cravings.
与其决定“不吃”快餐或纸杯蛋糕
Instead of deciding “you won’t” eat fast food or cupcakes,
还不如多想想
devote your energy to the idea
“你将会”多吃一些健康的食物
that “you will” eat more healthy food.
自然而然 你就会少吃一些不健康的食物
A decline in unhealthy food will automatically follow
这样 你就能更容易坚持这个积极的挑战
and you’ll have a much easier time sticking to such a positive challenge.
第三 意志力就像一块肌肉
Third: Willpower is like a muscle.
你帮朋友搬过家具吗?
Did you ever helped a friend move his furniture?
搬完那天结束 你的肌肉会累得不行
At the end of the day your muscles are so tired
就算你想再搬 你也搬不动了
you couldn’t carry anything more even if you wanted to.
你的意志力也一样
For your willpower, it’s just the same.
如果你的“意志力肌肉”用力太久
after flexing your willpower muscle too much,
你会变得很累 而且无法控制自己
you become exhausted and can’t control yourself anymore.
如果你像去健身房那样锻炼你的意志力
So if you hit the willpower gym,
你能增强你“意志力肌肉”的力量
you could improve the strength of your willpower muscle.
那么为什么过度使用你的意志力会导致意志力耗尽呢?
So why does overusing your willpower cause you to run out of it?
因为每次成功进行自我控制
Because every successful attempt to exert self-control
都会从同一个有限的来源消耗意志力
draws from the same limited source.
这意味着每抵制一次诱惑
This means that resisting a temptation
不仅会削弱你抵挡其他诱惑的能力
will not only weaken your ability to avoid other temptations,
而且会导致拖延和其它意志力不足的问题
but also prompt procrastination and other willpower failures.
而且 我们一直在消耗意志力
And this willpower exhaustion happens all the time.
这是因为许多日常任务
This is because many daily tasks
你觉得那些不是意志力挑战
you would not think of as willpower challenges
如 不得不通勤 忍受无聊的会议
having to commute, sit through a boring meeting
或是从20个品牌的洗发水中挑一种
or choose between 20 brands of shampoo
这些都会消耗我们每日有限的意志力储备
all draw from our limited daily willpower reserve.
可观看我另外一个视频《选择的矛盾》了解更多信息
Check my other video called The Paradox of Choice for more info.
就像可以通过举重来训练你的手臂肌肉一样
And just as it’s possible to train your arm muscle through weight lifting,
可以通过意志力挑战 来训练你的“意志力肌肉”
it’s possible to train your willpower muscle with willpower challenges.
通过经常进行一些小的意志力挑战
By performing small but regular willpower challenges
你可以逐步改善你的自控力
you can gradually improve your self control.
例如 将禁止打开的糖果罐放在一个很显眼的位置
For example, keep a forbidden candy jar in an easily visible location
但又不准去碰它
you’re never allowed to touch,
不管它看起来有多么诱人
no matter how tempting it looks.
经常通过这种小的诱惑来练习
Practicing often with this small temptation
能训练你的“意志力肌肉”
will train your willpower muscle,
当你遇到更大的意志力挑战时 也能帮你应对
which will help you cope when it comes to larger willpower challenges.
希望你们通过本视频学到一个
Hope you got out at least one helpful thing
能在生活中派上用场的知识
that you can apply in your life from this video.
如果你喜欢本视频 可以点个赞
If you liked it leave a thumbs up
也欢迎分享给你的朋友们
and feel free to share it with your friends.
好了 感谢收看 我们下期再见
Anyway thanks for watching and I’ll see you next time.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

增强意志力的小方法

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

XC8849

审核员

审核员1024

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZdvsDhOkWY

相关推荐