Warren Buffett is a very unique
沃伦·巴菲特是个与众不同的人
and very special guy and he is a charitable person.
并且他还是一个热衷于慈善的人
One of the charities that he donates money to is Glide
一个叫格莱德的慈善组织曾接受过他的捐赠
And, it is in San Francisco
该组织位于在洛杉矶
He offered, going back about 10 years
大约10年前
to have lunch with anyone that would pay for it
他提出愿意与捐助者共进午餐
so he auctioned himself off and he raised
他不断地拍卖他的午餐
I believe 25 thousand dollars
我认为巴菲特通过这种方式筹集了
to have lunch with Warren Buffett.
2万5千美元
I head b about it
我听说了这件事
Got his phone number
并得到他的电话
By the way, that took at least a year
顺便一提 花了至少一年
to get his phone number
我才得到他的号码
because I didn’t wanna just call up the company
因为我不想只是打电话到他的公司
but I did get his phone number and when I called him
当我最终得到号码并打电话给他时
he actually answered the phone himself.
真的是他本人接的电话
He said, “Hi, this is Warren,”
他说 “你好我是沃伦”
and I was, sort of, stumped for words.
当时我有点讲不出话
I couldn’t quite believe that
我不敢相信
I had Warren Buffett on the telephone
我和沃伦·巴菲特通话了
and I said, Warren
然后我说沃伦
this is Allen Stillman I own some restaurants called, Smith,
我是斯蒂尔曼 我有个餐馆叫做史密斯……
and I never got to say the last word.
我还没有说完餐厅的名字
He said, and Wollensky.
他说 “……和沃伦斯基餐馆”
I said, that’s correct, how do you know? He says, oh,
我说:“是的 你怎么知道的?”
I come to a couple of your restaurants
他说:“我去过你的餐厅”
I said, really? I have an idea. He said, what’s that?
我说:“真的吗 我有个想法” 他说:“是什么?”
I said, I wanna donate an additional,
我说“我想额外捐赠……”
and I don’t remember exactly the number,
我不记得确切的数目
but I think it was 25 thousand dollars,
但应该是2万5千美元
for you to come to New York
“……用于邀请你到纽约
and have lunch at Smith & Wollensky
在史密斯&沃伦斯基吃午餐
and I’m going to give to your favorite charity, Glide,
我还会给你最喜欢的格来德基金会
25 thousand dollars.
捐赠2万5千美元”
It took him about, maybe five seconds, to say,
他沉默了可能大约5秒钟 然后说
You, Mr. Stillman, have a deal.
斯蒂尔曼先生 成交
You put it together and I’ll be there.
把钱准备好 我会去那
Well, the first time that he did that,
然后他首次做了这件事
it went for a million dollars
筹集了100万美元
and since that time, it’s gone for
然后自从那次以后捐赠金额
two and a half and three million dollars.
变成了250到300万美元
So that, currently he does it once a year,
因此 目前他会每年一次
he comes to Smith & Wollensky,
来到史密斯和沃伦斯基餐厅吃午餐
has lunch and I suspect that this year won’t be any different.
我认为今年也不会有任何不同
It’s going to go for two and
这次将会筹集到
a half or three million dollars.
250到300万元
You can bring six or seven friends
你可以带上六七个朋友
and Warren, himself, will absolutely have lunch with you
和巴菲特本人 一起共进午餐
and you can ask him anything you want,
然后你可以问他任何你想问的
unless it pertains to the stock market.
除非问题与股票市场有关
He’s not interested on giving you hints on the stock market.
因为他没有兴趣给你关于股票的信息
But, anything else that you’d like to know,
但如果你还想知道些别的
come to Smith & Wollensky, have lunch with Warren,
来史密斯&沃伦斯基与他共进午餐
and lay your check on the table for
把你250万或300万美金的
two and a half or three million bucks and he’s there.
支票放在桌上 之后他就会来
And, he shows up in a Yellow Cab,
他会坐黄色出租车来
and he gets out of a Yellow Cab,
然后坐着黄色出租车离开
and what you see with Warren Buffett is what you get.
你将会从沃伦·巴菲特身上收获许多
Warren, when he comes to lunch, orders a steak,
当沃伦来吃午餐时他会点一份牛排
but always with Diet Coke,
但是总和无糖可乐一起
and Diet Coke is his drink of choice and
健怡可乐是他的首选饮品
he drinks lots of them.
他总喝可乐
He, I think he drinks, three, four, five Diet Cokes a day.
我觉得他一天会喝三四瓶甚至五瓶
And, he can finish a good steak
他喜欢
and he likes a good steak.
上等牛排
He is one of the most phenomenal people you’d ever meet
他会是你所见的最杰出的人之一
and whatever he is saying is what he honestly believes.
无论他说的什么都是他自己深信不疑的
He is not anybody that
他不是一个
will tell any stories out of line
信口雌黄的人
and he has been one of
而且他成为了史密斯&沃伦斯基
Smith & Wollensky’s great supporters.
最忠实的支持者之一
