ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

炒鱿鱼的人性之道 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

炒鱿鱼的人性之道

How to Fire with Compassion (Quick Study)

Firing is one of the things that you have to do it.
解雇员工是你必须做的事情之一
The more that you do it, the less stressful it is.
这事儿你干得越多 压力就越小
But I think if it ever becomes sort of standard,
但我认为如果这成为一种常规流程
you know, just another day at the office,
嗯 在办公室再呆一天
you probably have lost a little bit of your humanity.
你可能就丢失了一些人性化的东西
This means a major change in somebody’s life.
被解雇会是一个人生活中的重大改变
It can be so humiliating to the person, so troubling to them.
这会让人感到非常屈辱和困扰
It may mean that they have to tell their kids they’re moving.
这可能意味着他们必须告诉孩子该搬家了
It may mean that they can’t make their mortgage payment, et cetera.
还可能意味着他们还不上贷款之类的事情
So you want to make it as smooth as you can.
所以你想尽可能平和地解雇员工
We’re all in this together.
我们为共同的事业相聚在一起
We’re all responsible for each other.
我们对彼此负责
I’ve been at this 45 years, either running companies
45年中 在管理公司时
or being on boards, et cetera.
或在董事会上 我都解雇过员工
And in one case, we had to take the size of the company
有一次 我必须把公司的员工
from 3,500 down to 2,800.
从3500人裁到2800人
In other cases we’ve had to shut down divisions.
还有几次我们不得不关闭一些部门
You’re building a Super Bowl winning team,
你要组建一支“超级碗”胜利队
and that just takes work.
这需要努力
And you’re going to have some layoffs and some benchings.
你会需要裁员和整合
[MUSIC PLAYING]
[音乐]
Mistakes made in firing people are multifarious,
解雇员工的错误五花八门
and I think I made all of them.
这些错误我都犯过
I think I tried to give the reasons.
我想尽量给出原因
I gave a big long discussion.
和他们促膝长谈
I offloaded it on other people.
把责任推卸给别人
Yes, I’ve been fired, and it’s not fun.
确实 我也曾被炒过鱿鱼 这并不有趣
And I had a bad experience with it.
而且这段经历对我来说很糟糕
So I’ve developed over time a far better script.
所以后来我探索了一个好得多的方案
[MUSIC PLAYING]
[音乐]
So good bosses have human emotions
好的上司和被解雇的员工
just like the employee that’s being terminated has emotions.
有着相通的情感
People don’t like to hear the word, you’re fired.
人们不愿意听到“你被炒鱿鱼了”
It has a connotation that people just don’t like to hear.
这其中的含义是人们不想听到的
You can be sad about it and say I’m
你可以怀有歉意地说
sorry this hasn’t worked out.
抱歉 这是没有办法的事
But you’re firm.
但是你很坚强
It’s essential when you let someone go
辞退员工时 有一点很必要
to let them know in the first 30 seconds what the decision is.
就是让他们在最初30秒知道这个决定
You’re trying to help them to
你尽力帮助他们
move on to a new place that’s better for them
去一个对他们更好的
and is smooth for the company.
对公司更有利的地方
I like to do my own firing.
我会亲自解雇员工
I don’t like to do it,
我不喜欢这样做
but I want the organization to know
但是我想让我的团队知道
that I’m not afraid to do difficult things.
我不怕做困难的事
That’s fair to the party being let go,
这对被解雇的员工来说是公平的
and it’s fair to the rest of the team that’s watching.
对团队其他旁观的员工也是公平的
[MUSIC PLAYING]
[音乐]
Most people delay.
大多数人会拖延
They procrastinate.
他们会耽搁这件事
They’re often waiting for a triggering event,
他们常常等待一个恰当的时机
say, well, I can’t do it now.
说我现在还不能解雇员工
I know this isn’t working out,
我知道这样不解决问题
but they’ve not done anything terrible.
但他们没犯恶劣的错误啊
So I’ll just wait until they do, and then I’ll make it–
所以我会等他们犯了 再解雇他们
and then the emotions are much higher.
但那时情绪会更激动得多
I had one where I had to walk the person to the elevator,
有一次我不得不陪被辞退的员工走到电梯
lock them out of their office,
把他们锁在办公室外
encourage them to get a lawyer.
鼓励他们找律师
And so that didn’t go well.
那样的过程并不顺利
Most of the time, firing does take place over a period of time.
大多数时候 解雇是在一段时间内进行的
There are some events
在一些事件中
where people actually breach some kind of a moral turpitude,
有些人确实干了某种违背道德的可耻的事
or there are things like that where firing happens on the spot.
或者能让他们当场被解雇的事情之类的
But in most cases, you realize things aren’t going well,
但大多数情况下 你会发现过程并不顺利
you need to pull people aside in the moment
当时你需要把他们拉到一边
and say, that meeting didn’t go well.
然后说会议进展得不顺利
Or did you recognize what happened in that exchange?
或者问 你知道在那次交流中发生了什么吗?
Nobody should be surprised when they’re fired.
被解雇时没有人会感到惊讶
People are smart.
人是聪明的
They sense, I’m not really doing very well.
他们能感到自己做得不够好
[MUSIC PLAYING]
[音乐]
The more that you realize that you’re solving for a good outcome,
你越是意识到你在创造一个好的结果
it’s not nearly as stressful.
就越不会感到压力
It’s a better outcome generally for the person who’s being let go.
对被解雇的人来说 通常这是更好的结果
It’s a better outcome for the enterprise.
对企业来说也是更好的结果
I try to regard everybody that I’ve let go
我试着把每个我解雇的人
as an alumnus that I’m going to work with.
都看作我将要共事的朋友
I’m going to run into them in the marketplace.
我会在大卖场碰到他们
They may be friends.
他们可能是朋友
Their kids may date my kids.
他们的孩子可能会和我的孩子约会
You know, and so if you think about them that way,
要知道 如果你用这样的方式去想
it’s not as stressful.
压力就没那么大了
Let’s move forward in the most elegant possible way.
让我们以最优雅的可能性前进
I don’t want to be known as the firing guy.
我不想被当做炒鱿鱼的魔头
I was introduced at a private equity conference by one of my former students.
一次私募股权投资大会上 我以前的学生
And she said, you know, Joel teaches a leadership–
介绍我说 知道吧 Joel讲授领导力
he teaches a class on–
他的课程关于
his class talks– well, it’s basically
他的课程 嗯 基本上是
a class about firing people.
关于炒鱿鱼的课
I mean, I teach all kinds of things,
我想说 我讲很多相关知识
and I just hate– that’s not the brand I want.
那不是我希望留下的印象
It’s just I think it’s one of the really critical things that
我要讲的是作为一个企业领导者
you do as an entrepreneurial leader to build a great organization.
打造优质团队时要做的至关重要的事情
[MUSIC PLAYING]
[音乐]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

企业管理者通常对如何解雇员工感到头疼,因为这对员工来说是一种“灾难”。有着45年“炒鱿鱼”经验的乔尔教授,以自己的经验和思考,提出了三条解雇员工的准则。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Eureka

审核员

审核员MS

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AUjBkUo-t0

相关推荐