ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

如何找到并从事一种你喜爱的职业 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何找到并从事一种你喜爱的职业

How to find and do work you love | Scott Dinsmore | TEDxGoldenGatePark (2D)

哇 好荣幸我常想站在这里会是什么感觉
Wow, what an honor. I always wondered what this would feel like.
8年前 我得到了我一生中最糟糕的职业意见
So eight years ago, I got the worst career advice of my life.
我的一个朋友告诉我
I had a friend tell me,
“不要担心你是否喜欢正在做的工作
“Don’t worry about how much you like the work you’re doing now.
重要的是做好你的简历”
It’s all about just building your resume.”
那时我在西班牙住了一段时间刚回来
And I’d just come back from living in Spain for a while,
就加入了财富500强公司 我想 “太棒了
and I’d joined this Fortune 500 company. I thought, “This is fantastic.
我将影响世界”
I’m going to have big impact on the world.”
我怀着这些想法 不到两个月的时间
I had all these ideas. And within about two months,
我注意到每天早上大概10点钟 我就忍不住
I noticed at about 10am every morning I had this strange urge
想要用我的头撞穿电脑的显示器
to want to slam my head through the monitor of my computer.
我不知道有没有人有同样的感受
I don’t know if anyone’s ever felt that.
而且 在那之后我很快意识到在我们公司所有同事
And I noticed pretty soon after that that all the competitors in our space
都已经和我差不多同样状态了
had already automated my job role.
就是这个时候 我听到这个做好我简历的忠告
And this is right about when I got this sage advice to build up my resume.
好吧 当我正努力思考
Well, as I’m trying to figure out
我应该从二楼的哪个窗户跳下去来重获新生的时候
what two-story window I’m going to jump out of and change things up,
我从沃伦·巴菲特中读到一些完全不同的意见 他说
I read some altogether different advice from Warren Buffett, and he said,
“为了简历好看而工作就跟节省性生活等老了用一样”
“Taking jobs to build up your resume is the same as saving up sex for old age.”
(欢呼)
(Laughter)
我听进去了 那是我所需要的
And I heard that, and that was all I needed.
两周内 我离开了那里离开的时候只有一个想法:
Within two weeks, I was out of there, and I left with one intention:
去找个我能够搞砸的事情 最糟不过如此
to find something that I could screw up. That’s how tough it was.
我想要产生某种影响 什么影响都行
I wanted to have some type of impact. It didn’t matter what it was.
我很快发现 并不是只有我这样:
And I found pretty quickly that I wasn’t alone:
结果证实身边有超过80%人
it turns out that over 80 percent of the people around
不喜欢他们的工作
don’t enjoy their work.
我猜想在座的各位可能不一样
I’m guessing this room is different,
但是这个只是德勤所做调查的平均数据
but that’s the average that Deloitte has done with their studies.
因此 我想要找到让人们不同态度的原因
So I wanted to find out, what is it that sets these people apart,
做着热情的 改变着世界的工作的人们
the people who do the passionate, world-changing work,
每天醒来干劲十足
that wake up inspired every day,
另外80%的人
and then these people, the other 80 percent
谁使他们的生活如此绝望
who lead these lives of quiet desperation.
所以 我开始采访这些做着创造性工作的人
So I started to interview all these people doing this inspiring work,
我读了些书 做了很多案例研究
and I read books and did case studies,
关于目的 职业的书 我看了300多本
300 books altogether on purpose and career and all this,
完全只是自我沉浸 为了自私的原因……
totally just self-immersion, really for the selfish reason of…
我想要找到我不能不做的工作
I wanted to find the work that I couldn’t not do,
那份属于我的工作
what that was for me.
但当我在做这件事情的时候越来越多的人开始问我
But as I was doing this, more and more people started to ask me,
“你对职业这么感兴趣
“You’re into this career thing.
我不喜欢我的工作有空坐下来吃个午饭吗?”
I don’t like my job. Can we sit down for lunch?”
我会说 “当然” 但我会先告诉他们
I’d say, “Sure.” But I would have to warn them,
当时 我的辞职率是百分之80%
because at this point, my quit rate was also 80 percent.
与我共进午餐的人中 80%的人会辞掉他们的工作
Of the people I’d sit down with for lunch, 80 percent would quit their job
在两个月内
within two months.
我对此很自豪并不是因为我有什么特别的魔法
I was proud of this, and it wasn’t that I had any special magic.
我只会问一个简单的问题
It was that I would ask one simple question.
“你为什么做着现在的工作?”
It was, “Why are you doing the work that you’re doing?”
往往他们的答案会是
And so often their answer would be,
“因为有人告诉我 我应该这样做”
“Well, because somebody told me I’m supposed to.”
我意识到我们身边的很多人
And I realized that so many people around us
都顺着别人给的的梯子在爬
are climbing their way up this ladder that someone tells them to climb,
最后意识到靠错了墙
and it ends up being leaned up against the wrong wall,
或者根本就没有墙
or no wall at all.
我越和这些人相处 看了到这个问题
The more time I spent around these people and saw this problem,
我在想 要不我们创建一个社区
I thought, what if we could create a community,
在这里 人们能够有归属感
a place where people could feel like they belonged
与众不同是被接受的
and that it was OK to do things differently,
激励人们不走寻常路
to take the road less traveled, where that was encouraged,
并且鼓励人们做出改变?
and inspire people to change?
后来有了现在的“活出你的传奇”组织
And that later became what I now call Live Your Legend,
之后我将为大家介绍
which I’ll explain in a little bit.
但随着这些发现 我注意到一个共性
But as I’ve made these discoveries, I noticed a framework
简单的三件事情
of really three simple things
所有富有激情的世界改变者都有的
that all these different passionate world-changers have in common,
不管你是乔布斯 还是一个
whether you’re a Steve Jobs or if you’re just, you know,
普通路过面包店的人
the person that has the bakery down the street.
你正在做的工作体现着你是谁
But you’re doing work that embodies who you are.
我想要与你们分享这三点 可以当做启发
I want to share those three with you, so we can use them as a lens
希望对当下的生活甚至以后的生活
for the rest of today and hopefully the rest of our life.
热情投入工作三步中的第一步
The first part of this three-step passionate work framework
就是变成自己的专家 了解自己
is becoming a self-expert and understanding yourself,
如果你不知道你在寻找什么
because if you don’t know what you’re looking for,
你将永远不会找到它
you’re never going to find it.
问题是 没有人会为我们做事
And the thing is that no one is going to do this for us.
在大学没有与激情 目标和职业这些专业
There’s no major in university on passion and purpose and career.
我不知道为啥这些没被设为双修中的必修
I don’t know how that’s not a required double major,
甚至 我没有注意到这些的重要性
but don’t even get me started on that.
我是说 你们花了更多时间在选电视机上
I mean, you spend more time picking out a dorm room TV set
而不是挑选你们专业 学习领域
than you do you picking your major and your area of study.
但关键在于这个是由自己来解决的
But the point is, it’s on us to figure that out,
我们需要一个方法 一条路航行通过迷雾
and we need a framework, we need a way to navigate through this.
因此 我们第一步就是找到我们特有的优势是什么
And so the first step of our compass is finding out what our unique strengths are.
什么是我们一睁眼就热衷去做的
What are the things that we wake up loving to do no matter what,
无论我们是否得到报酬但人们会感激我们的
whether we’re paid or we’re not paid, the things that people thank us for?
一本《发现你的优势2.0》的书也是一个线上工具
And the Strengths Finder 2.0 is a book and also an online tool.
我强烈推荐它 因为它能找到你擅长的事
I highly recommend it for sorting out what it is that you’re naturally good at.
接下来 什么是我们做出决定的根本原因?
And next, what’s our framework or our hierarchy for making decisions?
是因为我们在乎人类家庭 健康
Do we care about the people, our family, health,
还是成就 成功这样的东西?
or is it achievement, success, all this stuff?
我们必须弄清是什么让我们做出决策
We have to figure out what it is to make these decisions,
这样 我们才知道什么构成我们灵魂
so we know what our soul is made of,
所以我们才不会因为狗屁理由出卖自己的灵魂
so that we don’t go selling it to some cause we don’t give a shit about.
然后第三步 就是我们的经验
And then the next step is our experiences.
我们都一样 我们每天每分钟都在学习
All of us have these experiences. We learn things every day, every minute
关于我们爱什么 讨厌什么
about what we love, what we hate,
擅长什么 不擅长什么
what we’re good at, what we’re terrible at.
如果我们不花时间注意这些信息
And if we don’t spend time paying attention to that
不消化所学
and assimilating that learning
也不用于以后的生活 这些都没有意义
and applying it to the rest of our lives, it’s all for nothing.
每天 每周每年的每个月
Every day, every week, every month of every year
我都花时间反思什么是做对了
I spend some time just reflecting on what went right,
什么错的 什么是我想继续的
what went wrong, and what do I want to repeat,
什么能更多的应用在生活中
what can I apply more to my life.
甚至 你看到人们
And even more so than that, as you see people, especially today,
谁激励你 谁做的事你觉得
who inspire you, who are doing things where you say
“噢 上帝 杰夫真厉害 我要像他一样”
“Oh God, what Jeff is doing, I want to be like him.”
你为什么这么说?翻开日记本
Why are you saying that? Open up a journal.
写下那些鼓舞了你的话
Write down what it is about them that inspires you.
不是实写他们的生活的每件事
It’s not going to be everything about their life,
不管什么想法 都可以记下
but whatever it is, take note on that,
时间长了 我们就有一个信息库
so over time we’ll have this repository of things
可以用于我们的生活使我们更有活力
that we can use to apply to our life and have a more passionate existence
和创造更大的影响
and make a better impact.
当我们开始把这些放在一起时
Because when we start to put these things together,
我们就能发现成功对我们意味着什么
we can then define what success actually means to us,
没有罗盘的每个部分 是不可能的成功的
and without these different parts of the compass, it’s impossible.
我们丧失希望的活着庸庸碌碌
We end up in the situation… We have that scripted life
每个人似乎都在不断的爬着没有未来的梯子
that everybody seems to be living going up this ladder to nowhere.
这有点像华尔街2 如果有人看过
It’s kind of like in Wall Street 2, if anybody saw that,
一个日工雇佣员问华尔街银行的CEO
the peon employee asks the big Wall Street banker CEO,
“你的目标是多少?每个人都有一个目标
“What’s your number? Everyone’s got a number,
等他们赚够了 就马上辞职”
where if they make this money, they’ll leave it all.”
他说 “这个很简单 更多”
He says, “Oh, it’s simple. More.”
然后他只是笑
And he just smiles.
这正是大部分人的可悲
And it’s the sad state of most of the people
没有花时间弄明白自己想要的
that haven’t spent time understanding what matters for them,
一直在追求对我们来说毫无意义的事
who keep reaching for something that doesn’t mean anything to us,
只是因为别人说我们应该这样做
but we’re doing it because everyone said we’re supposed to.
但一旦我们把这些框框放在一起
But once we have this framework together,
我们能开始发现让我们重生的东西
we can start to identify the things that make us come alive.
你知道 你曾和一股激情擦肩而过
You know, before this, a passion could come and hit you in the face,
可能就是你从事工作的热情你可能丢掉了它
or maybe in your possible line of work, you might throw it away
因为你没有意识到它
because you don’t have a way of identifying it.
但是一旦你做了 你就会有和自己的能力
But once you do, you can see something that’s congruent with my strengths,
价值、人生观一致的目标
my values, who I am as a person,
我得抓住它 用它做点什么
so I’m going to grab ahold of this, I’m going to do something with it,
我要追逐它并试图让它留下点什么
and I’m going to pursue it and try to make an impact with it.
“活出我们的传奇”和我们取得的成就
And Live Your Legend and the movement we’ve built
将不会发生 如果我没有意识到的话
wouldn’t exist if I didn’t have this compass to identify,
“哇 这才是我要追求的我能做出改变”
“Wow, this is something I want to pursue and make a difference with.”
如果不知道自己要的是什么我们永远也不能找到它
If we don’t know what we’re looking for, we’re never going to find it,
但是一旦我们有了这个方向这个指南针
but once we have this framework, this compass,
我们就可以走下一步那个不是说我
then we can move on to what’s next… And that’s not me up there…
做不可能的的事 超越你的极限
Doing the impossible and pushing our limits.
人们做不成事有两个原因
There’s two reasons why people don’t do things.
一是他们告诉自己 他们做不到
One is they tell themselves they can’t do them,
二是身边的人说他们做不到
or people around them tell them they can’t do them.
不管是哪种方式 我们相信了
Either way, we start to believe it.
我们要么放弃 要么不开始行动
Either we give up, or we never start in the first place.
每个人都看似不可能 直到有人做到了
The things is, everyone was impossible until somebody did it.
世界上每一个发明 每一个新的东西
Every invention, every new thing in the world,
最初人们都觉得不可理喻
people thought were crazy at first.
罗杰·班尼斯特 一英里4分钟这是物理身体的极限
Roger Bannister and the four-minute mile, it was a physical impossibility
一英里要跑进四分钟
to break the four-minute mile in a foot race
直到罗杰站出来 做到了
until Roger Bannister stood up and did it.
然后发生了什么呢?
And then what happened?
2个月后 16个人打破了这个极限
Two months later, 16 people broke the four-minute mile.
在我们脑海中总觉得不可能的事情
The things that we have in our head that we think are impossible
经常只是等待我们跨越一个节点
are often just milestones waiting to be accomplished
只要我们把极限再往前推进一点
if we can push those limits a bit.
我认为可能是从你的身体和健康开始的
And I think this starts with probably your physical body and fitness
而不是其他 因为我们能够控制它
more than anything, because we can control that.
如果你不信你能跑一英里
If you don’t think you can run a mile,
证明自己 你可以跑一或二英里
you show yourself you can run a mile or two,
或者马拉松 或者瘦5磅或者是其他任何事情
or a marathon, or lose five pounds, or whatever it is,
你会意识到自信心增强
you realize that confidence compounds
并可以渗透到你生活其他的方面
and can be transferred into the rest of your world.
实际上我和我的朋友已经养成了习惯
And I’ve actually gotten into the habit of this a little bit with my friends.
我们有一个小群体 我们经常去探险
We have this little group. We go on physical adventures,
后来 我发现我有个弱点
and recently, I found myself in a kind of precarious spot.
我有深水恐惧症
I’m terrified of deep, dark, blue water.
我不知道有没有人和我一样
I don’t know if anyone’s ever had that same fear
看了一到四部差不多6遍《大白鲨》
ever since they watched Jaws 1, 2, 3 and 4 like six times
在我小时候
when I was a kid.
水只有那么高 但如果很暗我现在都有点感觉了
But anything above here, if it’s murky, I can already feel it right now.
我发誓 里面一定有东西
I swear there’s something in there.
即使是塔霍湖 很清澈的湖水没有理由
Even if it’s Lake Tahoe, it’s fresh water, totally unfounded fear,
可笑的是 还是害怕
ridiculous, but it’s there.
话说三年前我坐在一艘拖船上
Anyway, three years ago I find myself on this tugboat
就在旧金山湾这里
right down here in the San Francisco Bay.
是一个暴风雨天 人们在船上很不舒服
It’s a rainy, stormy, windy day, and people are getting sick on the boat,
我坐在那穿着救生服 看着窗外
and I’m sitting there wearing a wetsuit, and I’m looking out the window
怕得不行 满脑子拼命的游
in pure terror thinking I’m about to swim to my death.
我试着游过加金门海峡
I’m going to try to swim across the Golden Gate.
我猜在座的各位可能游过这
And my guess is some people in this room might have done that before.
我坐在那不动 我的朋友乔纳森看到了
I’m sitting there, and my buddy Jonathan, who had talked me into it,
他走过来 看出了我紧张的状态
he comes up to me and he could see the state I was in.
他说“斯科特 最坏的情况是什么?
And he says, “Scott, hey man, what’s the worst that could happen?
你穿着救生衣 你不会沉下去
You’re wearing a wetsuit. You’re not going to sink.
实在不行 你就爬到20个橡皮艇中的一个
And If you can’t make it, just hop on one of the 20 kayaks.
再说了 就算有鲨鱼袭击为什么在80多个人中要选你呢?“
Plus, if there’s a shark attack, why are they going to pick you
所以 很感谢他说的话起了作用
over the 80 people in the water?” So thanks, that helps.
他说“真的 高兴点 好运”
He’s like, “But really, just have fun with this. Good luck.”
他跳入水中 游开了
And he dives in, swims off. OK.
结果证实打气的话很有用 我完全冷静了
Turns out, the pep talk totally worked, and I felt this total feeling of calm,
我认为可能是因为乔纳森有13岁
and I think it was because Jonathan was 13 years old.
(欢笑)
(Laughter)
那天游泳的80多个人中
And of the 80 people swimming that day,
有65个是在9岁到13岁的孩子
65 of them were between the ages of nine and 13.
想一想 这会对你处事原则有多大影响
Think how you would have approached your world differently
如果在9岁 发现你能够游1.5英里
if at nine years old you found out you could swim a mile and a half
从恶魔岛到旧金山 56米深的水中
in 56-degree water from Alcatraz to San Francisco.
你会接受哪些事?
What would you have said yes to?
你不会放弃什么?你还会尝试什么?
What would you have not given up on? What would you have tried?
当我游完这段 我去了水上公园
As I’m finishing this swim, I get to Aquatic Park,
我从水上出来的时候
and I’m getting out of the water
一半的孩子也已经游完了
and of course half the kids are already finished,
然后他们朝我欢呼 非常激动
so they’re cheering me on and they’re all excited.
我现在脸都冻麻了 在海湾游过泳的人知道
And I got total Popsicle head, if anyone’s ever swam in the Bay,
我试着把我的脸捂暖 看着人们到达终点
and I’m trying to just thaw my face out, and I’m watching people finish.
我看到有个小孩不太对劲
And I see this one kid, something didn’t look right.
他像这样不停的打水
And he’s just flailing like this.
探头时几乎无法呼吸 然后猛的沉下水面
And he’s barely able to sip some air before he slams his head back down.
我注意到其他家长也看到了
And I notice other parents were watching too,
我肯定他们跟我想同一件事
and I swear they were thinking the same thing I was:
这就是为什么不要让9岁的孩子在恶魔岛游泳
this is why you don’t let nine-year-olds swim from Alcatraz.
不是体力的原因
This was not fatigue.
突然 两个家长跑过去抓住了他
All of a sudden, two parents run up and grab him,
把他扛在肩上 像这样拖着他
and they put him on their shoulders, and they’re dragging him like this,
一瘸一拐地走上岸
totally limp.
突然 他们又走了几步
And then all of a sudden they walk a few more feet
扑通一声把他放回轮椅上
and they plop him down in his wheelchair.
他握紧了拳头 举起来那种胜利的手势是我见过最疯狂的
And he puts his fists up in the most insane show of victory I’ve ever seen.
我现在仍能感受他散发的温度和能量
I can still feel the warmth and the energy on this guy
当他完成任务时
when he made this accomplishment.
在那天之前 我见到他在轮椅上
I had seen him earlier that day in his wheelchair.
我完全不知道他是要去游泳
I just had no idea he was going to swim.
我在想这20年他会取得多大的成就?
I mean, where is he going to be in 20 years?
有多少人跟他说他做不到 如果他去游可能会死?
How many people told him he couldn’t do that, that he would die if tried that?
你发现 错误地估计了别人和自己
You prove people wrong, you prove yourself wrong,
你能一点点靠近
that you can make little incremental pushes
自己坚信的目标
of what you believe is possible.
你不用成为世界上最快的马拉松运动员
You don’t have to be the fastest marathoner in the world,
只需要去战胜自己的不可能的事
just your own impossibilities, to accomplish those,
一小步一小步的开始
and it starts with little bitty steps.
其实完成它最好的方式
And the best way to do this
是和那些充满激情的人在一起
is to surround yourself with passionate people.
对完成不可能的事情最快的捷径是
The fastest things to do things you don’t think can be done
是到那些已经超越自己的人周围
is to surround yourself with people already doing them.
下面引用的吉姆·罗恩的话
There’s this quote by Jim Rohn and it says.
“你是你最常接触5个人的平均值”
“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
有史以来 最厉害的人生黑客
And there is no bigger lifehack in the history of the world
是影响你走到现在的人
from getting where you are today to where you want to be
而不是你选择放在你的角落的人
than the people you choose to put in your corner.
他们改变了所有的事 这是事实
They change everything, and it’s a proven fact.
在1898年 诺曼·特里普利特在一群骑自行车的人中做了实验
In 1898, Norman Triplett did this study with a bunch of cyclists,
他测量了一群自行车运动员一起绕圈的时间
and he would measure their times around the track in a group,
以及单独通过的时间
and also individually.
他发现每次都是在一起的时候骑得更快
And he found that every time the cyclists in the group would cycle faster.
此后 这个结果在各行各业中都得到了验证
And it’s been repeated in all kinds of walks of life since then,
一次一次的证明了同一个结果
and it proves the same thing over again,
你周围的人对你很重要 环境很重要
that the people around you matter, and environment is everything.
但是这些都是由你决定你可以选择身边的人
But it’s on you to control it, because it can go both ways.
80%的不喜欢他们现在工作的人
With 80 percent of people who don’t like the work they do,
这说明我们周围的大部分人 其他人不是在座的各位
that means most people around us, not in this room, but everywhere else,
都安于现状 并放弃追求对我们来说很重要的东西
are encouraging complacency and keeping us from pursuing the things that matter to us
所以我们必须改变这个环境
so we have to manage those surroundings.
我发现我就曾处于这个情况
I found myself in this situation…
我亲身经历 几年前
Personal example, a couple years ago.
有没有人曾经全身心投入到一种爱好或冲动
Has anyone ever had a hobby or a passion they poured their heart and soul into,
你花费了大量时间 想把它当做自己的职业
unbelievable amount of time, and they so badly want to call it a business,
但是没有人在意 而且认为这一文不值?
but no one’s paying attention and it doesn’t make a dime?
是的我用了4年来建立“活出你的传奇”这个机构
OK, I was there for four years trying to build this Live Your Legend movement
来帮助人们做真正想做的工作 并且鼓励他们
to help people do work that they genuinely cared about and that inspired them,
我做了所有能做的事情
and I was doing all I could,
关注我的 只有三个人
and there were only three people paying attention,
他们都在这:我的妈妈爸爸和我的妻子切尔西
and they’re all right there: my mother, father and my wife, Chelsea.
谢谢你们的支持
Thank you guys for the support.
(欢呼)
(Applause)
这是我非常想要做的 但四年里一直保持零增长
And this is how badly I wanted it, it grew at zero percent for four years,
我都快放弃了
and I was about to shut it down,
就在那时
and right about then,
我搬到了旧金山 遇见一些非常有趣的人
I moved to San Francisco and started to meet some pretty interesting people
那些人过着非常疯狂的生活
who had these crazy lifestyles of adventure,
积极从事着网站和博客
of businesses and websites and blogs
通过他们的激情 帮别人做有意义的事
that surrounded their passions and helped people in a meaningful way.
现在 我的一个朋友家里有八口人
And one of my friends, now, he has a family of eight,
他养活了一家人
and he supports his whole family
靠着每周写两次博客的方式
with a blog that he writes for twice a week.
他们一家人在欧洲待了一个月 刚刚回来
They just came back from a month in Europe, all of them together.
我感到震惊 这样也能行?
This blew my mind. How does this even exist?
这个事情给我巨大鼓舞
And I got unbelievably inspired by seeing this,
我更认真的对待事业而不是放弃它
and instead of shutting it down, I decided, let’s take it seriously.
我尽我所能的来利用我的时间
And I did everything I could to spend my time,
花大量的时间 去接触这些人
every waking hour possible trying to hound these guys,
和他们一起逛街 喝酒 健身运动
hanging out and having beers and workouts, whatever it was.
四年来 一直是零增长
And after four years of zero growth,
但经过6个月的与这些人相处中
within six months of hanging around these people,
“活出你的传奇”这个群体增长了10倍
the community at Live Your Legend grew by 10 times.
之后的12个月 又增长了160倍
In another 12 months, it grew by 160 times.
现在来自158个国家的3万多人
And today over 30,000 people from 158 countries
每个月都在使用我们职业规划和链接工具
use our career and connection tools on a monthly basis.
那些人让这里充满活力
And those people have made up that community of passionate folks
多年前 他们给我了灵感
who inspired that possibility that I dreamed of
关于创立”活出你的传奇”
for Live Your Legend so many years back.
人们能够改变一切 这就是为什么
The people change everything, and this is why…
你会奇怪到底发生了什么事
You know, you ask what was going on.
四年来 我对这个领域一无所知
Well, for four years, I knew nobody in this space,
我甚至不知道它存在不知道人们能做这些事
and I didn’t even know it existed, that people could do this stuff,
可以这样做
that you could have movements like this.
后来我来到旧金山 我身边的人都这么做着
And then I’m over here in San Francisco, and everyone around me was doing it.
很平常 所以我的想法从”我怎么能做到”
It became normal, so my thinking went from how could I possibly do this
到”我怎么不能做到”
to how could I possibly not.
那时 就像打开了你脑中的开关
And right then, when that happens, that switch goes on in your head,
一发不可收拾
it ripples across your whole world.
从这到这 没有费力 你的标准也改变了
And without even trying, your standards go from here to here.
你不用改变的你的目标 你只需要改变你的环境
You don’t need to change your goals. You just need to change your surroundings.
就是这么简单这就是为什么我喜欢跟这些人在一起
That’s it, and that’s why I love being around this whole group of people,
为什么我尽力参加每一次TED
why I go to every TED event I can,
在上班的路上用平板看TED
and watch them on my iPad on the way to work, whatever it is.
因为就是这群人让我觉得没什么不可能
Because this is the group of people that inspires possibility.
我们今天在一起 以后也会
We have a whole day to spend together and plenty more.
总的来说 上面三件事
To sum things up, in terms of these three pillars,
都有一个共同点
they all have one thing in common more than anything else.
它们完全处于我们的控制中
They are 100 percent in our control.
别听人家说你不能去了解自己
No one can tell you you can’t learn about yourself.
别听人家说你不能突破你的极限
No one can tell you you can’t push your limits
找到到你自己的极限 然后突破它
and learn your own impossible and push that.
不要听别人说你不能和正能量的人在一起
No one can tell you you can’t surround yourself with inspiring people
或者无法远离打击你的人
or get away from the people who bring you down.
你不能控制经济衰退
You can’t control a recession.
你不能控制被辞退或者出车祸
You can’t control getting fired or getting in a car accident.
很多事情不在我们的控制中
Most things are totally out of our hands.
但这三件事是完全取决于我们
These three things are totally on us,
如果我们决定有所行动 能够改变自己的世界
and they can change our whole world if we decide to do something about it.
并且重要的是 这具有传播效应
And the thing is, it’s starting to happen on a widespread level.
我才在《福布斯》看到 美国政府报告说 首次
I just read in Forbes, the US Government reported for the first time
出现一个月内人们主动辞职人数超过
in a month where more people had quit their jobs
裁员人数的情况
than had been laid off.
他们认为这很反常 但持续发生了三个月
They thought this was an anomaly, but it’s happened three months straight.
在一个生活艰难的环境下
In a time where people claim it’s kind of a tough environment,
人们受够了这种被安排的人生
people are giving a middle finger to this scripted life,
这种别人告诉你应该怎样去做
the things that people say you’re supposed to do,
而转向对他们重要的并且激励他们的事
in exchange for things that matter to them and do the things that inspire them.
重要的是人们开始醒来走向这种可能性
And the thing is, people are waking up to this possibility,
只有想象力才能束缚你的可能性
that really the only thing that limits possibility now is imagination.
这不再是陈词滥调
That’s not a cliché anymore.
不管你热爱的事情是什么
I don’t care what it is that you’re into, what passion, what hobby.
如果你喜欢编织 你能够找到擅长它的人
If you’re into knitting, you can find someone who is killing at knitting,
你可以向他们学习 这很自由
and you can learn from them. It’s wild.
这和人们今天来这里学习演讲的原因一样
And that’s what this whole day is about, to learn from the folks speaking,
“活出自己的传奇”每天都在更新人们的近况
and we profile these people on Live Your Legend every day,
如果普通人在做不平凡的事
because when ordinary people are doing the extraordinary,
并且我们生处其中
and we can be around that,
这就会变成司空见惯
it becomes normal.
这不是说成为甘地 乔布斯 做很多疯狂的事
And this isn’t about being Gandhi or Steve Jobs, doing something crazy.
只是做你认为重要的事
It’s just about doing something that matters to you,
只有你才能造成影响
and makes an impact that only you can make.
说到甘地 他是一个优秀的律师
Speaking of Gandhi, he was a recovering lawyer,
我曾听过
as I’ve heard the term,
他找到了更棒的事 对他很重要的事
and he was called to a greater cause, something that mattered to him,
他不能放下
he couldn’t not do.
他有句话我铭记在心
And he has this quote that I absolutely live by.
“开始他们忽略你后来他们嘲笑你
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you,
然后他们攻击你 最后你赢了”
then they fight you, then you win.”
在有人做之前 一切都是不可能的
Everything was impossible until somebody did it.
你会选择告诉你不可能做到
You can either hang around the people who tell you it can’t be done
不要做愚蠢尝试的人做朋友
and tell you you’re stupid for trying,
还是鼓励你 突破不可能
or surround yourself with the people who inspire possibility,
和在座的各位一样的人
the people who are in this room.
因为我觉得我们有责任向世界展示
Because I see it as our responsibility to show the world
那些被视作不可能的会成为新常态
that what’s seen as impossible can become that new normal.
并且现在已经开始了
And that’s already starting to happen.
首先 做能激励我们的事
First, do the things that inspire us,
然后 我们就能够鼓励别人去做能让他们感到兴奋的事
so we can inspire other people to do the things that inspire them.
但是前提是
But we can’t find that
我们知道自己要什么
unless we know what we’re looking for.
我们得为自己工作
We have to do our work on ourselves,
主动去找 去发现
be intentional about that, and make those discoveries.
我期待一个80%的人都热爱自己工作的世界
Because I imagine a world where 80 percent of people love the work they do.
那会是什么样呢?
What would that look like?
创新又会是什么样呢 你会怎么对待你身边的人呢
What would the innovation be like? How would you treat the people around you?
事情会开始转变
Things would start to change.
随意我演讲的结束我想向你们问一个问题
And as we finish up, I have just one question to ask you guys,
我认为最重要的问题
and I think it’s the only question that matters.
那就是什么工作你非做不可
And it’s what is the work you can’t not do?
去发现它 为它拼搏
Discover that, live it,
不仅是为你自己也为所有你身边的人
not just for you, but for everybody around you,
因为那是改变世界的起点
because that is what starts to change the world.
是什么工作你非做不可
What is the work you can’t not do?
谢谢大家
Thank you guys.
掌声
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

是什么工作你非做不可?找到自己热爱的路,让别人说去吧。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

傻白甜了解一下

审核员

译学馆审核员B

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpe-LKn-4gM

相关推荐