未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何在困难的时候做正确的事

How To Do The Right Thing When It's Hard

One of our viewers asked,
我们有一个观众问道
“Doctor Paul, how do you do the right thing when it’s hard?”
保罗博士 如何在困难的时候做对的事?
There’s some psychological tricks to this.
这儿有一些心理学上的技巧
And I’m gonna fill you in on each one of them.
我将一一为你们介绍
First of all, newsflash!
首先 快讯!
The right thing often is hard.
正确的事情往往是困难的
Why is that anyway?
为什么呢?
I’m not completely sure of all the reasons for that.
我不完全确定这其中的原因
But if you notice this in your life?
但在生活中你是否注意到这一点
In fact, you remember in Harry Potter
事实上 还记得《哈利•波特》
Did you watch the Harry Potter series where
你看过哈利•波特系列
Dumbledore is talking to Harry
邓布利多和哈利谈话的内容吗
and he says, “There will come a time
他说“总有一天
when you have to decide
你会在做正确的事情
between doing what is right and doing what is easy.
和做简单的事情之间做出选择”
” That implies that the right thing is hard.
这意味着做正确的事情是困难的
My friend Art Coombs
我的朋友阿特•库姆斯
is just finishing his new book
刚刚完成他的新书
entitled Hard Easy, Easy Hard.
《困难不难 容易不易》
And it’s about this concept where
这本书表达了这样的观念
if you choose to do the easy thing right now,
如果你现在选择做简单的事情
you probably are going to create a harder life for yourself.
你可能会为自己创造更困难的生活
And then the converse of that
然后反过来
If you choose to do the hard thing now,
如果你现在选择做困难的事情
you’re more likely to set up an easier life for yourself.
你很有可能为自己建立一个更轻松的生活
Hard easy, Easy hard.
困难不难 容易不易
Quick example of that:
一个简单的例子
My son used to run cross-country in high school.
我儿子在高中时曾参加过越野赛跑
And for these cross-country meets
在这种越野比赛中
they would get together and run 5 kilometers in a race.
他们需要一起跑完五公里
Could you do that today?
你今天能做到吗?
I’m not sure I could.
不知道我是否可以
But this is what they would do at every meet.
但每次比赛中 他们都会这样做
What did they do to prepare for those meets?
他们如何为比赛做准备呢?
Well they would get together and they would work out.
他们会聚在一起 然后去锻炼
They would exercise, they would run.
他们会锻炼 跑步
They would basically get themselves in condition to go run the race
他们基本上会让自己进入
on the weekend.
周末比赛的状态
Is it easy to go work out?
锻炼很容易吗
No. It would be much easier to just
不 去看个电视节目什么的
go watch a television program or something
可能更容易
And I remember my son once commenting
我记得我儿子有一次抱怨道
“Oh, it’s so hard to go to these workouts.”
“哦 去做这些锻炼太难了”
Well, going to do the workout
进行一些锻炼
made it a whole lot easier when race day came.
这会让比赛的时候 一切都变得容易多了
What happens to those who skip the workout?
那些不锻炼的人会怎么样呢?
You can guess it’s gonna be a whole lot harder
可以猜到他们的比赛会更难
I experienced this myself when I moved here to the town
当我搬到我们居住的小镇时
where where we live currently.
我也亲身经历过这种事
And I just come out of graduate school
那时 我刚从研究生院毕业
and I just finished my dissertation.
刚完成我的论文
I was a little out of shape physically.
我有点长胖了
I’ve never been terribly out of shape.
我的身材从未严重走样过
But I wasn’t up to par.
但也没有达到标准
And I went and ran a 5k race.
所以我去参加了五千米跑步比赛
And it was so hard. Oh, I was sucking air.
这太难了 噢 我快喘不过气了
I was burning up. I could barely even cross the finish line.
我好像着了火似的 甚至没能越过终点线
And I had stopped several times during the race.
比赛期间 我还停下休息好几次
Well, I started to exercise that following year.
第二年 我开始锻炼
Exercise is hard, right?
锻炼很难 不是吗?
But as they did the hard thing,
但当做完了困难的事情
it made my life easier.
我的生活就变得更容易了
I enrolled in that same 5k the next year
第二年 我再次参加了五千米比赛
and I took third.
得了第三名
They gave me a medal for the old guys.
他们给了我这个老家伙一枚奖牌
But still I believe everybody has
我始终相信每个人都拥有
what I sometimes refer to as a natural knowing.
我有时称之为自然的认知
Do you hear the voices?
你听到那些声音了吗?
The voices in your mind
那些来自于你心灵的声音
some people freak out when a psychologist asked them that.
当心理学家询问时 有些人会抓狂
But honestly, you hear some voices, right?
但说实话 你听到一些声音 对吧
Little voices that say, “Hey, you should probably go call your mother.”
小声音说“嘿 你应该给妈妈打个电话”
Or “You should probably stop at the store on your way home
或“你回家的路上应该在商店停一下
and pick up a flower for your wife.”
买束花给老婆”
Or… You know the voices I’m talking about
或者……你知道我说的那些声音是什么
Usually,
通常
you’ll hear the first voice
你会听到第一个声音说
that tells you to do something really good
你应该做一些很棒的事情
It’s kind of like the little shoulder angel and shoulder
就像肩上有一只小天使和小恶魔
devil if you want to think of it that way.
如果你想这么认为的话
And little shoulder angel says,
这个小天使说到
“Hey, you should go do this good thing.”
“嘿 你应该去做这件好事”
And then the little shoulder devil jumps in and says,
然后小恶魔跳出来说到
“You know what?
“你知道吗?
Here’s 5 reasons why you shouldn’t do that?”
有五个理由让你不该这么做”
Or why it’s hard.
或这么做很难
Or the reasons that maybe it’s not a good idea
或第一个声音说的
to what the first voice said.
可能不是个好主意
Here’s the strategy: Listen to the first voice.
有一个窍门 听从第一个声音
Listen to the first voice.
听从第一个声音
That’s telling you to do those good things
它在告诉你要做那些
which are usually hard.
通常会有些困难的好事
Is it easier for me to just drive home?
直接开车回家容易些?
Or to stop at the store on the way home
还是在回家路上的商店停下
and pick up a flower for my wife?
买束花给妻子容易些?
Which one’s harder?
哪件事更难做到?
Well, picking up the flower is harder. But guess what?
买束花更难做到 但猜猜看
My life gets better when I do the hard things.
当做了些困难的事情 生活却更美好了
Do the right thing even when it’s hard.
即使困难 也要做正确的事情
It’s almost always harder to do that. But really?
这几乎总是很难做到 真的吗?
Because it creates a much easier life for us.
因为它让我们的生活更容易些
Listen to the first voice and ignore those 5 that
听从第一种声音 别去管那五种
tell you all the reasons why you can’t or shouldn’t.
告诉你不能或不该做的原因
A couple of years ago
几年前
I had the amazing opportunity to interview
我曾有一个难得的机会去采访
Jim calf guard
守门员吉姆•卡夫
on my podcast live on Purpose Radio.
在我的直播节目中
You can go look it up. It’s called the Acorn principle.
你可以找一找 这节目叫做橡子原理
Jim is an amazing inspiring man
吉姆是个会鼓励人心的人
who taught me this next concept:
他教给我一个观点
“How would the person I want to become
“我想成为的那个人
handle what I’m about to do?”
在我的处境下会怎么做”
Okay, I’m not sure I got that completely right the way Jim said it.
好吧 我不确定这是吉姆原模原样的话
But you get the picture?
但你能理解吗?
“How would the person that I want to become
我想成为的那个人
handle the decision I’m about to make?”
会如何对待我将要做的决定?
What would that person do in this circumstance?
他在这种情况下会怎么做?
We get this picture of who we what to be.
知道了自己想要成为的样子
And it’s aspirational sometimes.
有时是很令人向往的
It’s it’s a goal. It’s a far-off kind of a thing.
这是一个目标 是一件遥远的事情
Bringing home and imagine
回归本心 去想象
that person, that one that you really want to be.
你真正想成为的人
And then ask yourself how would that person handle this situation.
然后问问自己那个人会如何处理这种情况
Suddenly, the right thing even though it’s hard
突然间 即使有些困难
becomes a whole lot easier
这件正确的事情也会变得容易一些
because the person that you really want to be
因为你想要成为的那个人
would handle it in that way.
会这样去做
That’s a powerful concept.
这是多么强有力的话语
Everything that we talk about here at Live On Purpose TV
我们在生活的目的这档节目中谈论的一切
becomes easier when you know how to operate the equipment
当你知道如何控制自己的想法时
of your own mind.
会变得更容易去做
I hope you have a copy of my book Pathological Positivity.
我希望你们买本我的书《病态的积极性》
If you don’t, I’m going to buy one for you
如果你不买 我就送你一本
and ship it to you if you cover the shipping.
然后寄给你 如果你付邮费的话
Just go to drPaulJenkins.com. Big orange button, click on that.
去点击那个橙色的大按钮
Fill out your information. I’ll get it right to you.
填写个人信息 我会马上处理

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

困难的事情往往会带来一个美好的结果。当面对困难的事情犹豫不决的时候,听从内心的声音,它会引领你勇敢面对困难。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Jeanine

审核员

审核员HJ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuHdPqfCcqg

相关推荐