未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

设计自己的生活

How to Create Your Own Original Life

I’m Casey Gerald. This is Generation Flux.
我是凯西·杰拉尔德 这里是《流动的一代》
And we’re here today with Ayse Birsel,
今天我们邀请到了艾斯·波赛尔
an award-winning product designer,
她是一个获奖的产品设计师
and a genius of many mediums.
也是一个材料方面的天才
She is a mama and she is with us today.
她是一个妈妈 她今天来到了我们节目
– Thank you so much for being here, Ayse. – My pleasure.
—感谢你的到来 艾斯 —很荣幸
When we think about generation flux,
提起流动的一代
one of the things that continues to strike me is that
其中一件让我印象深刻的事就是
there seems to be a moment or a series of moments
似乎有那么一个时刻或者一连串的时刻
where a person realizes that they were put on the earth to do something.
人们意识到自己来到地球上是应该做点什么的
Walk me through that moment or that time in your life,
跟我讲讲对你来说 这样的时刻或时间段是怎样的
when you said, you know I was born to do this.
就是那个你说“我就是为此而生的”的时刻
You know, I come from a family of lawyers.
你知道 我出身律师世家
And I was going to do law but I love drawing.
我本来打算学习法律 但是我热爱绘画
And I thought maybe I could be an architect.
我当时以为也许我会成为一名建筑师
And there’s a family friend came over one day for tea and then
一天 有个家族朋友来喝茶 然后
I talked to him, you know, I want to become an architect.
我和他说 那个 我想成为一名建筑师
He said, do you know anything about industrial design?
他说 你对工业设计有什么了解吗?
I was like no.
我说没有
So he took his tea cup,
于是他端起茶杯
and show me how that was designed,
给我展示了它的设计过程
how the rim was kind of curling,
边缘是如何卷曲
so it could fit in your lips and then it had a handle.
以使它适合你的嘴唇 并且它有个把手
So you could hold hot liquid in your hands and the saucer so that…
所以你能用手拿着热水 还有茶托能够……
if I spilled I would be ruining my mother’s tablecloth.
如果我弄洒了 就不至于毁掉我妈妈的桌布
And I at that moment I fell in love with the scale,
那一刻 我爱上了这种体系
the human scale of product design.
就是产品设计的这种人性化的体系
So I mean you go on from there to design some of the most remarkable things.
那么 从那时候起 你设计了一些了不起的东西
And then the financial crisis hits, what was that like?
后来金融危机袭来 那时候的情况是怎样的
We didn’t feel it right away, so I thought,
我们没有马上感觉到它 所以我想
you know, this is not so bad.
你懂的 还不算太糟
But then we had six clients.
但当时我们有六个客户
-And they all took their projects in house. -Wow.
– 他们都把项目收回去了 – 哇
I found myself with a lot of time in my hands.
我发现自己手上有很多空闲时间
And I work with this woman, Leia Captain.
我跟一个叫莱雅·卡普顿的女人合作
Then she said, you know,
然后她说
I should want you to use this time to think about how you think.
我觉得你应该利用这些时间来思考你的想法
Because there is a system to how you think.
因为你的想法自成一派
So I started kind of doing about that.
于是我开始做这件事
And I called it deconstruction, reconstruction.
我称之为解构 重建
And then at one point I feel like,
后来 有那么一个时刻 我感觉
OK, I think I have this done.
好了 我做好了
So I started showing it to my friends,
于是我开始把它展示给我的朋友们
and they were like, this is so complicated.
他们都说这太复杂了
It’s very clear to me, but very complicated to a lot of people.
对我来说是很显而易见的东西 但对大多数人来说很复杂
So I had to kind of, clean it up, work on it,
所以我不得不把它清晰化 继续钻研
and show it to people, and refine it.
把它展示给人们 不断优化
And if it hadn’t been for that moment,
如果不是因为那一刻
of like nothingness, I wouldn’t have done it.
一切就是虚无 我不会去做的
You have this idea,
你有一个想法
which is one of the best phrases I’ve seen in the past year.
是我去年看到的最好表达之一
At least is “Our lives are our biggest projects”.
简而言之就是“我们的生活是我们最大的企划”
That literally just you said, it just came to you.
你刚刚说 就是突然想到的
– I don’t know, I don’t know, it’s too good. – I think
– 我不知道 我不知道 那太棒了 – 我觉得
here is what happened. I was a part of
事情是这样的 我是
the Women President Organization, so WPO.
女性主席组织的一部分 就是WPO
I was the only designer in this group.
我是组里唯一的设计师
And one day we did a seminar or workshop among ourselves.
有一天 我们自己搞了个研讨会
And the person who did the workshop asked us to write one sentence.
组织者让我们写一句话
One sentence our strategic intent. I wanted to do something funny.
一句话总结我们的战略目标 我想做些有趣的事
I didn’t take it seriously.
我没认真对待它
And so I said my strategic intent is “To design the life I love”.
所以我说我的战略目标是“设计我喜欢的生活”
One that looks like you, feels like you, and that is
这种生活一看就是你的样子 你的感觉
– is coherent with who you are, – Not physically.
– 和你的内在相符 – 不是说身体层面
which to me is that’s design.
对我来说这就是设计
So wrapping up, this is great Maya Angelou quote says,
最后 引用玛雅·安德鲁的名言
“When you get, give. When you learn, teach.”
当你得到时 记得去给予 当你学习时 要去传道
What you hope people learn from you?
你希望人们能从你这学到什么?
I hope that people learn from me is that life is a design project.
我希望人们能从我这学到的是“生活是一个设计项目”
It’s risky, you don’t always know how it’s going to turn out,
很冒险 你并不总能提前知道结果
but why not create your own original life.
那么为什么不去创造你独一无二的生活呢?
Well you have definitely done that,
你显然已经成功做到了这一点
and I will be hopefully at one of your workshops very soon.
我希望不久的将来能参加你们的研讨会
Thanks so much for joining us today on Generation Flux.
感谢收看《流动的一代》
I’m Casey Gerald. Here with Ayse Birsel.
我是凯西·杰拉尔德 这是艾斯·波赛尔
Go design the life you love. See you next time.
去设计你热爱的生活吧 下次见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

知名设计师带来的人生感言

听录译者

常思

翻译译者

AnnaCLN

审核员

审核员 AF

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSG0T7JmVVo

相关推荐