未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

注意,你在浪费时间!

How to Break Your Social Media Addiction

The famous management consultant, Peter Drucker, once said,
著名的管理顾问彼得·德鲁克曾说过
“Tell me what you value, and I might believe you.
“告诉我你重视什么 我可能会相信你
“But show me your calendar and your bank statement,
但是给我你的日程表和银行账单
and I’ ll show you what you really value.”
我就能告诉你你真正重视什么”
And it’s true.
这是真的
Well, I might say that I value truth, justice,
嗯 我可能会说我重视事实 正义
and always eating my spinach,
并总是磨砺自己
A detailed look into those two troves of information
但仔细看看那两个信息宝库
would yield quite different answers.
就会得出完全不一样的答案
Digging into my bank statements would reveal
看看我的银行账单
an enormous amount of money spent on coffee
会发现有相当大一笔钱花在了咖啡
and wooden gnomes from eBay.
和易贝买的木制地精上
And look at my calendar, not my Google calendar,
看看我的日程表 不是谷歌日程表
but an actual real-time log of my life’s events,
而是我真实生活的实时记录
if such a thing were possible to build,
如果真的可能去做记录的话
would shed light upon way more time
可以发现 尽管我不愿承认
than I care to admit, spent scrolling through Instagram,
但我的确花了大量时间在ins
and Twitter, and other social media apps.
推特和其他社交媒体上
And I would bet that if we were to look at your calendar,
别不信 看看你的日程表
we would see something similar,
我们会看到相似之处
if not worse.
甚至更糟
Comparisons aside, though, I think it is safe to say that
我们先不比了 我觉得我可以肯定
most of us, myself included,
我们大多数人 包括我自己
spend more of our time and attention than we would like to
将过多的时间和精力花在了
on these apps,
这些应用程序上
if we were to look at our lives from more rational points of view
如果你们有更理性的审视过自己的生活的话
And that is why, today,
这也是为什么 今天
I wanna give you some tips
我想给你们一些小建议
for breaking your social media addiction,
来戒除社交媒体上瘾的原因
whether you actually call it an addiction
不论你是否把已经把它称为上瘾
or whether you’re in denial.
或是拒绝承认自己上瘾
Now, as astute and long-time viewers of this channel may know,
目前 正如该频道聪明的长期观众可能知道的
I am a big fan of the author Kyle Newport,
我是作家凯尔·纽波特的忠实粉丝
especially his book Deep Work,
尤其喜欢他的《深度工作》这本书
which actually has a chapter called Quit Social Media.
书中有一章叫《远离社交媒体》
Given that fact, you may be surprised to know that
基于这一点 你们可能会惊讶
I’m not gonna recommend quitting social media in this video.
我做这期视频并不是建议你们退出社交媒体
At least, not right up front,
至少 我还没有开门见山的说过
That’s because I’m an advocate of moderation,
因为我认为适度最重要
and I also recognize that social media can bring a lot of benefits,
我也意识到社交媒体有很多益处
but along with those benefits come drawbacks.
只是有利也有弊
And as the ex-Facebook data scientist, Jeffrey Hammerbacher once said,
前脸书数据科学家杰弗里·汉默巴克曾说
“The best minds of my generation are
“这代人中最有头脑的
thinking about how to make people click ads.”
都在思考如何让人们点击广告”
And of course, to make you click those ads,
当然 他们除了让你点击广告
those minds also have to think about
他们还要思考
how to keep you on their platforms for as long as possible,
如何使你在这些平台上尽可能多作停留
which means that, at the very least,
起码 这意味着
these things are meticulously engineered
这些东西都是有意被设计成了
to be huge time sinks.
巨大的“时间黑洞”
But that is the only criticism you can level against them.
不过你能控诉他们的地方还有很多
They also can make you a less happy person
他们还会使你更加郁郁寡欢
as repeated research has shown.
多项研究表明
When you’re spending a ton of your time
当你花费大量时间
scrolling through these feeds of meticulously crafted posts
刷着别人发布的
that show the highlights of people’s lives,
他们生活中的精彩瞬间的动态时
including people that you probably know in real life,
这些人中包括现实生活中你可能认识的人
and you’re comparing them, sometimes subconsciously,
有时候你会潜意识地把他们的生活
to your own life,
同你自己的生活相比较
the entire thing, warts and all.
所有事情 毫无保留
You can start to make comparisons that
你做的这些比较
really put a damper on your happiness.
会减少你的快乐
So the question is, how do you use these tools
所以问题是 你要如何使用这些社交软件
and treat them like tools
并把它们作为工具
to get their benefits while avoiding the drawbacks.
再有效利用它们 同时避免受到不良影响
Let’s start off with something that is very easy to do,
让我们从非常简单的事做起吧
kill your notifications.
关掉通知提醒
Notifications are like that ringing bell
通知提醒就像那个
that made Pavlov’s dogs salivate.
让巴甫洛夫的狗分泌唾液的铃铛
Only instead of giving you food,
只不过不是给你食物
they deliver a quick dopamine rush
而是让你的大脑快速产生多巴胺
in the form of a new comment, or DM, or post from someone else.
通过一条评论 或者私信 或者其他人的动态触发
Now, there is nothing wrong with checking these posts,
听着 查看这些动态
or answering your DMs,
或回复私信本身并没有错
but when you look at them in response to a notification,
但对这些通知提醒做出反应
you are establishing a habit.
会成为一种习惯
You are establishing a craving,
你在心里形成一种渴望
and when those notifications come in the future,
将来那些通知出现时
you are going to have fewer mental defenses for avoiding them.
你就很难对它们有抵抗力
And the problem, here, is that
问题来了
these notifications have no respect for your time,
这些通知一点也不尊重你的时间
or the fact that you need long, uninterrupted periods of concentration
事实上 为了完成工作
to actually get your work done.
你需要长时间不被打扰
So go into your phone’s notification settings for
因此 打开你手机的通知设置
each and every social media app that you have,
把你安装的所有社交软件
and destroy those notifications.
的通知统统关掉
Sencondly, I’m going to suggest that
我的第二个建议是
you redesign your phone’s home screen
重新设置手机的主屏幕
to remove all social media apps from it,
把社交软件从上面移除
and this is something that I actually did recently.
我最近就这么做了
You may have seen the video that I put out just a couple of months ago
你可能看过我几个月前上传的
on my iPhone home screen,
关于我iPhone主屏幕的视频
but even that home screen layout
但即使是那个整齐的主屏幕布局
has now gone the way of the Dodo,
现在也像渡渡鸟一样消失了
because it had social media apps on there.
就因为上面有社交软件
I think Twitter was on there, and Instagram was on there.
我想到上面有推特 有ins
And at the time, I kind of justified it,
而那时 我还有点儿为它正言
because, as a content creator,
因为 作为一个内容制作者
I use those platforms for my work.
我的工作需要用到这些平台
But I am also a consumer on those platforms,
但我同时也是这些平台的用户
and more often than I liked,
很多时候
I found myself scrolling through them, wasting my time.
我发现自己都在刷着社交软件 白白浪费时间
So I just got them entirely off my home screen.
所以我刚刚将它们全部从主屏幕上移除
I created an entire second page of apps on my phone,
我添加了一个新页面来放置应用程序
and I buried all those social media apps inside of folders.
然后将所有的社交软件收进了文件夹
So if I wanna go to one,
因此 如果我想使用其中一个
I have to look for it.
就必须要去翻找它
It’s a very intentional thing.
这是一件相当刻意的事
Now if you are on an iPhone, like me,
如果你像我一样使用iPhone
there is one thing you have to do
有一件事你必须做
beyond just shoving those apps into folders.
除了仅仅将它们收进文件夹中
You have to actually turn off Siri’s suggestions as well
你还得关掉Siri的应用建议
because, in my case, when I would swipe down
因为 就拿我自己来说 当我下滑屏幕
to search for a different app that wasn’t on my home screen,
去找一个不在主屏幕上的应用时
I would always see Instagram and Twitter sitting there,
我总会看到ins和推特横在那里
which is basically the same thing as having them on the home screen.
这和把它们放在主屏幕上没有一点区别
So if you are on an iPhone,
所以如果你使用iPhone
you can go into the settings,
你可以点开“设置”
you can go into Siri app suggestions,
找到“Siri应用建议”
and you can disable them on an app-by-app basis.
然后把它们一个一个关掉
Now, to suggest another option that
现在 还有另一个选择
would actually negate the need to do all of that,
无需上述这些操作
what if you only used social media on your computer?
如果你只在电脑上使用社交软件呢?
The problem with social media apps on your phone and
使用手机社交软件的弊端
one of the biggest things we’re trying to get away from
以及我们一直尝试避免的最大问题之一
here is that they can become pervasive throughout your entire life,
就是它们会渗入到我们生活的每个角落
and that’s because your phone is in your pocket
这是因为你的手机在你的口袋
or in your purse all day long,
或者在你的手提袋待一整天
meaning you have constant, easy access to these tools.
你可以随时轻易地使用这些软件
But if you were to delete all these apps off of your phone,
但如果你把这些软件从手机上删掉
you’d still be able to use most of them on your computer
你仍然能在电脑上使用这些软件中的大多数
in a more deliberate manner.
只不过更麻烦一点
Maybe some of them are a little bit hard to access, like Snapchat.
可能部分应用会有些不易使用 如Snapchat
I’m not even sure if you can get to that on a computer,
我甚至不是很确定你是否能在电脑上使用它
but most of them do have a desktop site,
但大多数社交软件确实都有电脑版
and in fact, my friend Martin even found a way
而且事实上 我朋友马丁还找到法子
to post his photos on his Instagram profile using a desktop computer.
用台式电脑在ins发照片
So if you’re finding yourself mindlessly
所以如果你发现自己总是不自觉地
opening Twitter or Snapchat or Instagram on your phone all the time,
打开手机里的推特或者Snapchat或者ins
try deleting those apps from your phone
试试看把它们从手机里删除
and just using them on a computer for a while.
并且只在电脑上使用一阵子
See how that works out for you.
看看这对你有多大帮助
Now, going back to that problem of social media,
现在我们回到社交软件
becoming pervasive, throughout your entire life,
正逐渐渗入你生活的方方面面这个问题上
the next suggestion I have is to
因此 下一个建议是
deliberately only use it at a specific time of the day.
刻意让自己 只在特定的时间段使用它们
Treat social media like you treat Netflix
像使用网飞 电脑游戏或其他
or like video games or like anything else
只在特定时间使用的社交软件
that you only do at specific places and times
那样你只能在特定场合和时间去使用
And if you want help enforcing this,
如果你需要帮助 来强制自己这样做
you could use a Website and app blocking tool,
可以使用一个网站或软件限制工具
like Freedom, which is the one that I use.
比如我用的Freedom
And this has been a very helpful tool for me.
它对我帮助很大
I use it to block all sorts of social media sites,
我用它屏蔽所有的社交网站
things like Reddit and HackerNews and
如Reddit和HackerNews
all kinds of other places that I tend to waste time on
以及所有浪费时间的各种其它软件
during my mornings, so that way,
这样 在每个早上
instead of procrastinating during those hours,
我就不会浪费时间
I’m writing or I’m reading
而是把时间用来创作或阅读
or I’m actually getting my work done.
或者落实完成我的工作
Now, so far, all we’ve talked about is
好了 目前为止我们一直在讨论
the binary choice of using these social media apps
在“在特定时间使用社交软件”
at specific times of the day or not using them,
和“不使用它们”之间二选一
but this next tip actually
但接下来的这个建议
kind of gets into the middle ground
其实是个折中选项
because social media tools and apps are actually
因为社交软件其实
collections of many different features.
集合了很多不同的功能
Take Facebook, for example.
拿脸书举例
Facebook has the news feed,
脸书不仅会推送新闻
but it also has the messenger tool,
而且也具有通信功能
and it also has the events tool and the groups tool.
同时也是记事工具和分类工具
And some of those tools might actually be very useful to you,
有一些功能可能对你来说很有用
like messenger, or the groups,
比如通信和分组功能
while others, like the news feed,
而其他功能如新闻推送
may be completely valueless in your life.
可能对你的生活毫无用处
So instead of asking yourself
因此 别再追问自己
“Should I block it or should I use it?”,
“我到底该不该停止使用它”
what if you blocked certain features?
想想是否可以只关闭某些功能?
And if you use a tool like Todobook, you can actually
如果你使用一个类似Todobook的工具
block the news feeds of most major social media platforms,
你就能屏蔽大多主流社交平台的新闻推送
and other Websites, like Reddit and HackerNews,
以及其他类似Reddit和HackerNews的网站
So you can only use the more useful functions,
这样你就可以只使用那些更有用的功能
and when you go to look at the news feed,
而当你试图点开新闻推送时
you’re gonna see a to-do list reminding you of things
就会看到一条任务清单
that you’re supposed to be doing instead.
提醒你还有其他任务要做
Okay, so we’ve talked about
好了 我们已经讨论了
all the rational middle ground answers,
所有合理的折中方案
and now we’re going to get to the question of
现在我们来谈谈
should you quit social media
你是否应该停止使用社交媒体
Or should you at least stop using certain social media platforms
或者是否能不像现在这样
in the way that you are currently using them?
使用某些社交媒体
So in his book Deep Work, the author Kyle Newport
凯尔·纽波特在《深度工作》中
talks about something called the “any benefit approach”,
说到关于事物的称呼“任何有益的方法”
which is something that people use to justify using social media tools.
也就是人们用来评判社交软件使用的方法
They basically say, if there’s any benefit that
就是说 如果我可以从中
I can get out of this, that might improve my life,
得到些什么能改善我生活的东西
no matter how small of an improvement it may make,
无论这个改善有多么微小
I am justified in using it.
我都有理由使用它
And as he writes in the book,
就像他在书中所说
“The problem with this approach, of course,
“这种方法显然有个问题
is that it ignores all the negatives
它忽视了其他所有
that come along with the tools in question.
伴随那些工具的弊端
These services are engineered to be addictive,
这些服务就是为了让人沉迷其中而设计的
robbing time and attention from activities that more directly
它们夺走你的时间和注意力
“support your professional and personal goals.”
让你无法专注于你的职业和个人目标
So if those goals are a priority for you,
所以 如果这些人生目标对你真的很重要的话
then you should seriously ask yourself
你应该认真地问问你自己
“Do I need all the social media accounts “that I currently have?”
“我需要这些我正在使用的社交媒体账号吗”
And you can also get more granular than that as well,
你也可以问得再具体一点
such as asking”Do I need this particular app on my phone?”
比如“我需要使用手机上的这个软件吗”
For example, I don’t keep the Pinterest app on my phone
举个例子 我不会在手机上用Pinterest软件
because I find that it’s just a time-waster, there,
因为我发现它真的很浪费时间
but I haven’t deleted my account entirely
但我并没有彻底注销我的账户
because I do find it to be a useful repository of design,
因为我发现它确实是一个有用的知识库
inspiration, and ideas, that I can go look at
我可以在上面浏览设计图 灵感以及想法
when I wanna, say, redesign my Website.
当我想要重新设计我的网页时
But on the other hand, I found recently
另一方面 我发现最近
that Snapchat offered me no value, whatsoever.
Snapchat对我来说完全没有价值
So I actually went in and deleted my account there.
所以我就注销了我的账户
And that brings me to my final tip here
于是就有了我的最后一个建议
which is for people who feel that they are truly
给那些发现自己真的
addicted to the social media platforms.
对社交媒体平台上瘾的人
If all the other tips in this video
如果目前为止视频中的
haven’t helped you so far,
所有建议都对你没有帮助
if you just can’t resist
如果你就是忍不住会
opening these apps and wasting your time on them,
打开这些应用 在上面浪费时间
then try a 30-day serious social media detox.
那就尝试定一个严肃的30天社交媒体戒瘾计划
Get completely away from all of it.
彻底与社交媒体告别
And the first step to doing that would be
第一步要做的就是
deleting those social media apps off of your phone,
从手机上删除那些社交软件
blocking the Websites on your computer,
在电脑上拦截社交网站
making it generally as difficult as possible to access them.
尽量让它们难以打开
Keep in mind that your ability to maintain self-discipline
记住 你维持自律的能力
is highly influenced by your environment.
很大程度受环境影响
So just like somebody who’s on a diet
所以 就像一个正在节食并
and trying to avoid junk food
尝试戒掉垃圾食品的人
needs to get all the junk food out of their house,
需要把家里所有的垃圾食品扔掉一样
you need to get all of the access to social media
你需要让所有社交媒体
out of your immediate vicinity.
变得可及性极差
And then, once that 30 days is up,
然后 当30天计划结束后
you can start to slowly reintroduce these tools back into your life,
你可以开始慢慢让它们回到你的生活
and see if you can use them in a way that
看看你是否可以做到只取其利
does benefit you but doesn’t cause you to waste too much time.
而且不会在上面浪费太多的时间
And then once you’ve gained back that time
在你找回了那些
you were previously wasting,
以往你浪费在
scrolling through your Facebook and Instagram feeds,
刷脸书和ins推送上的时间后
you may want to dedicate some of it
你可能会想把其中一些时间
to improving your creative problem solving skills,
用来提高你解决创意问题的技能
as well as your skills in the fields of
以及你在数学
math, science and computer science.
科学和计算机科学领域的技能
And if that’s something that you do want to do,
如果你真的想做这些
you should check out Brilliant.
可以试试Brilliant
Brilliant is a math and science enrichment tool
Brilliant是一款数学和科学知识拓展工具
that takes an incredibly active approach to learning.
能让你的学习变得更加积极
So when you go into their courses,
当你点开他们的课程
you’re going to be immediately thrown into challenging problems
你马上就会被那些需要绞尽脑汁
that force you to really work to find the solutions.
具有挑战性的难题吸引住
And in addition to being a very effective way
同时 除了是提供学习这些科目的
to learn these subjects,
一个有效途径之外
this approach also makes you a universally better problem solver
这个方法还会让你学会更好地解决问题
because you have to apply effort and creativity rather than just
因为你必须投入努力和创造力 而不只是
passively intaking the material
像你在一节讲授式课堂一样
like you would in a lecture-style class.
被动地吸收信息
Within Brilliant’s library, you’re gonna find courses
在Brilliant的图书馆中 你可以找到很多课程
on calculus, on math for quantitative finance,
如微积分 计量金融数学
on probability, on science topics like gravitational physics
概率学 科学课题(如引力物理学)
and computer science topics like algorithms and machine learning.
计算机科学课题(如演算法和机器学习)等
In addition, you’re also going to find an incredibly detailed wiki
你还可以找到一个非常详细的维基百科词条
that covers problems from all across their courses,
里面涵盖了所有课程里的问题
so when you get stuck on something tough,
所以当你遇到什么难题时
you can go do some in-depth learning there.
就可以去那里做深入学习
And there’s also an awesome community area,
这里还有一个超棒的社区
where people from around the world are constantly helping each other out
来自世界各地的人们在这里不断地
and challenging each other.
互相帮助 互相挑战
So if you wanna start learning for free today,
所以如果你想从今天开始免费学习
then head on over to brilliant.org/thomasfrank,
就去brilliant.org/thomasfrank看看吧
which you’ll find in the description down below.
你可以在下方的详情栏找到这个网站
And if you’re one of the first 83 people
如果你是前83个通过链接
to sign up with that link,
登录的报名者之一
you’re also gonna get 20% off your annual premium subscription.
你将可以以八折订购年费会员
I wanna give a big thanks to Brilliant for sponsoring this video
非常感谢Brilliant对本视频的赞助
and being a huge supporter of this channel,
及对本频道的大力支持
and as always, guys, thank you so much for watching.
也非常感谢大家的收看
If you enjoyed this video,
如果你喜欢这个视频
hit that Like button to support this channel.
请点赞支持本频道
You can also subscribe right there to get new videos every single week.
你也可以点击这里订阅 获取每周更新的视频
You can also click right over here to get a free copy
你还可以点击这里 免费得到一份
of my book on how to earn better grades.
我写的关于如何取得更好的成绩的电子书
Find one more video on this channel right over here,
点击这里观看本频道的更多视频
or follow me on Instagram over @TomFrankly.
或在ins上关注我@TomFrankly
Thanks for watching, and I will see you in the next one.
感谢您的观看 我们下期视频再见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

介绍了一些避免沉迷社交媒体的方法

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

哎呀~

审核员

审核员_BZ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGe_cG3g6kw

相关推荐