未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

舒适区如何毁了你的生活

How the comfort zone is ruining your life

[gentle piano music]
[舒缓钢琴曲]
There’s a weird phenomenon I’ve noticed all throughout my life
在生活中 我注意到一种奇怪的现象
where the more I subject myself to discomfort,
当我越是将自己处于不舒服的环境
the happier I am.
我就越开心
I think this phenomenon became increasingly apparent to me
我觉得这个现象在我上大一的时候
in first year of university,
变得尤为的明显
where I wanted to make the best impression possible.
当时我尽可能的想给大家留下最好的印象
You know, typical freshman behavior.
你懂的 这是典型的大一新生行为
It’s a new school, new network of people, new city,
这是个新的学校 新的人际关系 新的城市
so I really felt a need
所以我真的觉得需要
to reinvent who I was as a human being,
重塑一个全新的自我
especially on a kind of social skills basis.
特别是在社交技巧方面
So in order to do that, I was forcing myself
为了达到这个目的 我强迫自己
outside of my comfort zone so frequently,
频繁地踏出自己的舒适区
it’s as if it was some sort of game.
就感觉好像在玩某种游戏
It’s like I was able to peel back a layer of reality
我似乎可以揭开一层现实世界的面纱
and see some sort of one-to-one relationship
“臣服于自己的不舒适”
between subjecting myself to discomfort
还是“作为人类不断提升自己”
and upgrading who I was as a human being.
这两者之间我看到了某种对应关系
Now that I’m in my old age, I don’t necessarily think
但现在我已经年长了些 我不一定认可
that is a one-to-one relationship, more on that later,
这是种一对一的关系 稍后再细说
but I was definitely onto something,
但我当时肯定是发现了些事
because I felt incredible.
因为我那时感觉特别棒
I was energetic, optimistic,
我那时很有活力 很乐观
I remember waking up in the morning not being tired
我还记得早上起来一点都不累
because I was ready to tackle the day with energy,
因为我准备了满满的能量来应对一天
and although this euphoria didn’t last forever,
尽管这种亢奋的状态并不能一直持续
I never forgot how I felt.
但我永远记得当时的感受
And I remember the importance of viewing the comfort zone
同时 我还记得审视舒适区
and the effect it has on your overall wellbeing
审视它对你整体幸福感和生活方式的影响
and the way you live your life.
是很重要的
So in this video, we’re gonna talk
所以 本期视频我们将讨论
about a few things that I’ve learned
我了解到的一些
about the comfort zone, and how I think
关于舒适区的事 以及我自己的想法
if you can gain a better understanding of how the comfort zone works,
如果你对舒适区的运作 有了更好的了解
you can start living life on your terms
那你就可以开始按你的规则来生活
instead of its terms.
而不是按它的规则
Because it has a lot more control over the way
因为舒适区控制你生活方式的程度
you live your life than you might think.
比你能想到的还要大
So here are some things
以下这些情况
that I’ve discovered about the comfort zone,
就是我关于舒适区的发现
and hopefully, you can apply them to your life, as well.
希望你们也可以将其应用到自己的生活中
So everything you’re physically capable of doing
在这个世界上 我们身体能做到的事情
in this world falls into one of two categories:
都被归纳为以下两类中的一个
inside the comfort zone or outside the comfort zone.
在舒适区内 还是在舒适区外
The things that are inside the comfort zone
在舒适区内的事情
are easy for you to do, comfortable,
对你来说很简单 很舒服
they take little or no effort to do,
只要花很少甚至不花力气就可以做到
and there’s pretty much no mental resistance
并且在做这件事的时候
in the way of doing that thing, like driving.
基本没什么心理阻力 比如开车
For a lot of people, driving
对很多人来说 开车
is completely in the comfort zone.
完全是在自己的舒适区
You know, you drive to work, you drive to your house,
你看 你开车去上班 开车回家
you drive to the store to pretend to buy vitamins
开车去商店假装要买些维生素
so you can get footage for this video.
这样你就可以为本期视频拍到素材
Since driving is so easy, at one point or another,
因为开车很简单 在某种程度上
your brain went and subconsciously placed it
你的大脑下意识地将它
inside the comfort zone.
归类在舒适区内
So you don’t really think about doing it before you do it,
所以在做之前根本不用怎么思考
it’s just something you do.
这就是件常做的事
Okay, how about going for a run?
好了 那如果是跑步呢
A lot harder, isn’t it?
有点难了 对吗
It’s more physically strenuous,
这个更耗费体力
requires more preparation, it makes you lose your breath
需要做更多的准备 跑步时会喘不上气
or sweat, and if you haven’t ran for a while,
还会出汗 而且如果你有段时间没跑步
you’ll probably be really sore the next day.
那你跑步后第二天就会浑身酸痛
And because you know running is physically strenuous,
并且因为你知道跑步更耗费体力
and hard to do,
而且很难
your brain at one point or another
所以你的大脑在某种程度上
went and placed it outside the comfort zone.
将这一行为放置在舒适区以外
The further outside the comfort zone something is,
当一件事距离舒适区越远
the more mental resistance there is
那做这件事需要克服的
in the way of doing that thing.
心理阻力就越大
But here’s where things get kind of interesting.
但是 接下来就说到有意思的地方了
Running is good for you.
跑步对你是有益的
After a week of running every day,
坚持每天都跑步 一周后
you can find that your mental energy increases,
你会发现你的精力增加了
your outlook on life is better
你在生活中的形象也变好了
and more optimistic,
并且更乐观了
and after a week of driving,
而连续开一周的车
you kind of feel nothing.
你基本不会感受到什么
It’s just driving.
就只是开车而已
So there really isn’t a clear cut relationship
所以其实并没有一个明确的界限
between things that are inside the comfort zone,
来区分什么事情是在舒适区内
outside the comfort zone,
什么事情是在舒适区外
and the value that these things have on your life.
以及这些事在你生活中的价值
In fact, the comfort zone is terrible
事实上 舒适区最不擅长的
at telling you what’s good for you
就是区分什么对你有益
and what’s bad for you.
什么对你有害
What activities you should adopt into your life
你的生活中应该增加什么活动
and what activities you should avoid.
应该减少什么活动
So let’s take walking, for example.
所以 我们用散步来举个例子
Walking is probably inside your comfort zone,
散步这件事应该是在你的舒适区内
and running is outside of it.
而跑步则在舒适区外
But it doesn’t mean that walking is bad for you,
但这并不意味着散步对你有坏处
in the same way stabbing yourself in the leg
同样的 把铅笔扎在你的腿上
with a pencil is probably outside of your comfort zone
这个行为应该是在舒适区外的
but it doesn’t mean it’s good for you.
但也不意味着对你有好处
So there really isn’t a clear cut relationship
因此 舒适区内与舒适区外的事
between things that are inside the comfort zone,
并无明确界限
outside the comfort zone,
某事是否对你的人生有价值
and the value that these things have on your life.
也无法用舒适区来判断
All the comfort zone is concerned with
舒适区的主要任务
is keeping you inside of it.
就是要让你一直呆在舒适区内
And the way it does that is
它通过以下方式来达到目的
not only does it make sure that things outside of it
首先 确保舒适区以外的事情都让人不自在
are really uncomfortable and hard to do,
并且做起来有难度
it’s also always shrinking
其次 如果你无动于衷的话
if you don’t do anything about it.
舒适区还会逐渐缩小
Unless you venture at least a little bit
除非你敢于踏出舒适区以外
beyond the borders of the comfort zone,
哪怕只踏出一点点
it will get smaller and harder to escape.
否则舒适区会越来越小 且更难以逃脱
And this is something that most people
而这就是大部分人
have experienced in their lives,
在生活中经历的
whether they’re aware of it or not.
无论他们自己是否意识到
In my own life, this happens all the time.
在我自己的生活中 几乎天天都会发生
Like when Halo Five came out a few years ago,
就好像几年前《光环5》发售
I spent so much time just playing it
我花了大量的时间来玩它
for hours and hours every day,
每天花好几个小时
eating Doritos Sweet Chili Heat
吃着甜辣味的多力多滋
and drinking Mountain Dew like a real gamer,
喝着山露 就像个真正的游戏玩家
and after days of doing this,
连续几天都是这样
binging a video game and not doing
疯狂地玩电脑游戏
anything outside of my comfort zone,
舒适区以外的事一概不做之后
things that were previously just on the edge
很多之前是在我舒适区边缘的事情
of my comfort zone, like going to the gym,
例如去健身房
the comfort zone shrank to a point
我的舒适区通过不断地缩小
where going to the gym was now extremely difficult
把去健身房变成了件极度困难的事
and very hard to bring myself to do.
导致我无法说服自己去做
You may have also experienced this type of thing
你可能也经历过这类事情
where maybe you’re on vacation,
可能当你度假时
and it’s sort of one of those sit around
就那样到处坐一坐
and don’t really do much vacations,
没做什么度假该做的事
you’re kind of on your phone a lot,
你可能还是经常窝在长椅上
on the couch, maybe the weather’s really nice,
打电话 可能天气真的很好
and you start to become soft, you know?
你也开始放松了下来 懂吗
You don’t really want to do many interesting things
你其实并不想做很多有意思的事
or very hard things or anything
或者是难的事 或者是任何
that would take much effort.
需要花费力气的事
You kind of just become a blob
你开始变得渺小
and you feel pathetic.
你感到悲观
Okay, so what have we learned?
好了 所以我们学到了什么
We’ve learned that in order to keep the comfort zone from shrinking,
我们学到了 为了不让舒适区越来越小
we have to do things
我们必须要做些
that are outside of the comfort zone
舒适区以外的事
to keep the comfort zone large.
来保障舒适区的范围
But we also learned that the comfort zone in general
但我们也知道了 舒适区基本上是一个
is a pretty terrible guide for telling us
很糟糕的引导者
what to do with our life,
它不能告诉我们如何生活
what activities are useful to us
以及哪些活动对我们有用
and what activities don’t really do anything.
哪些活动其实没啥用
So basically, we need a solution to this problem.
简言之 我们要找到解决问题的方法
We need a more reliable guide for making decisions.
我们需要一个更值得信赖的引导者来做决策
And I think you can’t go wrong
而我认为在基本价值观的决策上
with making values based decisions.
是不能出错的
Your values.
你的价值
Figure out what kind of person you want to be,
你要搞清楚自己想成为怎样的人
what kind of traits you want to adopt,
你想要拥有什么样的品质
what kind of skills you want to learn,
你想要学会什么样的技能
and make your decisions based off of that.
在此基础上再做出你的决定
And using the knowledge of the comfort zone,
并且通过运用关于舒适区的知识
be aware that any potential discomfort
你就会发现 在以自己想要的方式生活时
in the way of doing the thing that you want to do isn’t a real obstacle,
出现的潜在不舒适感并不是真正的阻碍
it’s all just in your head.
而只是你假想出来的
If you live life this way,
如果你以这种方式生活
the comfort zone can also work in your favor
舒适区也会为你所用
because as you start living this new lifestyle
因为当你开始用这种新方式生活
that may have at first been unnatural to you,
刚开始你可能还不习惯
the longer you live that way,
随着时间的增长
the comfort zone is expanding to meet you.
舒适区会扩展自己来找到你
So living the way you want to live
所以 以你想要的方式生活
will become increasingly natural
会变得越来越自然而然
and, dare I say, comfortable.
并且 我敢说 越来越舒适
So to bring this whole thing
所以 将这整件事
back to my freshman year,
回溯到我大一那年
it’s becoming clear to me that
我越来越清晰地意识到
the reason I felt so good
我为什么感觉那么棒
wasn’t necessarily because I was
并不是因为我
just uncomfortable all the time.
每时每刻都感觉不自在
The reason I felt so good
我感觉那么好的原因
was because I was living the life
是因为我当时在以自己想要的
that I wanted to live
方式生活
and I disregarded discomfort altogether.
我对所有的不舒服熟视无睹
And when you no longer let discomfort
当你不再让不舒服
have a say in how you make any of your decisions,
来左右你做出的决策时
the potential for what you can do with your life
你生命中的潜能将会变得
expands dramatically.
意想不到的大
So you guys may have noticed
所以你们可能注意到了
that a lot of the B roll shots today
本期视频有很多辅助镜头
were quite cinematic.
很有电影质感
That was because I was able to rent a Sony FX9,
那是因为我租到了一台索尼FX9
which is a Netflix-approved cinema camera,
这是网飞公司认可的电影相机
and I was only able to do that
我之所以能租到这个
because of awesome sponsors like Skillshare,
要感谢超棒的赞助商Skillshare
which is a really relevant sponsor
他们也跟今天讨论的话题
to today’s video topic,
有很大关联
especially if you use the classes
特别是如果你通过课程
to help you develop skills you really want to work on.
来提高你意向行业的技能
For instance, I’m currently taking
例如 我现在在上的课
Storytelling in Film: Using Cinematography
“电影中的故事讲述:通过电影相机承载情感”
to Convey Emotion, by Joe Simon,
授课人乔•西蒙
which is directly relevant to
就跟我想要提升的
the cinematography skill I’m trying to develop.
电影拍摄技巧有直接联系
For those of you who don’t know,
对那些还不了解的朋友们
Skillshare is an online learning community
Skillshare是一个网上学习平台
with thousands of classes covering countless topics,
有上千门课程 涵盖了无数领域
everything from self improvement
从自我提升
to photography, videography, productivity.
到摄影 摄像 生产力
With so much to explore, real projects to create,
很多等着你来发现 也可以创造实际的课题
and the support of fellow creatives,
获得其他人的创意支持
Skillshare empowers you to accomplish real growth.
Skillshare可以让你实现自我提升
All of their classes are designed for real life,
上面的课程都是具备实操性
so you can easily apply
所以你可以很轻松地
whatever you’re learning on Skillshare
将你在Skillshare上学到的知识
into your real life pursuits.
用在你的现实生活中
It’s also extremely affordable,
同时课程的价格也很实惠
especially when you compare it
特别是将它与
to in-person workshops and master classes.
那些面对面研讨会以及大师课相比
With an annual membership,
通过购买年度会员
it costs less than $10 a month.
平均每个月不到10美金的费用
Skillshare is doing this awesome thing
Skillshare现在推出劲爆活动
where the first 500 of you
前500名点击
who click the link in the description below
下方简介中链接的人
get two months of Skillshare Premium absolutely free,
可以免费获得Skillshare平台2个月的使用
so make sure you hit that up.
所以一定要点击链接
Explore your creativity,
发现你的创造力
and as usual, have a great time.
并且想往常那样 享受一段好时光
If you like this video, make sure to hit like
如果你喜欢这个视频 请点击“喜欢”
because when you hit like,
因为你点了“喜欢”
the algorithm blesses me by shoving this video
计算机算法就会把我的视频
in front of other people’s faces,
推荐给其他人
helping them out, which also helps me out.
帮助他们的同时 也是帮助我
And the channel spread its love–
我的频道也散播它的爱心……
No, I’m not gonna say that, that’s crazy.
不 我才不会那么说 那太过了
Needless to say at this point,
无需多言
if you’re lurking here and you watch a lot of the videos
如果你潜水并且看了很多视频
and you haven’t subscribed yet,
但是你还没有订阅
please consider subscribing
请考虑订阅
and hitting the bell icon
并点击铃铛图标
so that you don’t miss future videos.
这样以后你就不会错过更新
Anyways, that’s all for today.
好了 以上是今天的内容
Thank you for watching,
感谢观看
and we’ll catch you in the next video.
我们下次视频再见
(gentle piano music)
[舒缓钢琴曲]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

关于舒适区对生活的影响,以及如何反客为主,变成舒适区的控制者。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

一春

审核员

审核员YY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h-IAlNjd4Q

相关推荐