ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

艺术怎样帮助无家可归的青年人恢复与振作 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

艺术怎样帮助无家可归的青年人恢复与振作

How the arts help homeless youth heal and build | Malika Whitley

你一定喜欢睡午觉吧?
Don’t you love a good nap?
(笑声)
(Laughter)
借着偷走的一点光阴
Just stealing awaythat small block of time
蜷缩在你的沙发上 仿佛逃离了整个世界
to curl up on your couch for that sweet moment of escape.
这是我很喜欢做的一件事
It’s one of my favorite things,
是我认为理所当然的事 直到我成了一个无家可归的青少年
but something I took for granted before I began experiencing homelessness as a teenager.
睡午觉的特权是只给
The ability to take a nap
有着稳定生活的人预留的
is only reserved for stability and sureness,
这种特权是可能被剥夺的——
something you can’t find when you’re
当你把所有的家当都背在身上的时候
carrying everything you own in your book bag
当你要小心数着每一刻
and carefully counting the amount
坐在一个地方的光阴的时候——
of time you’re allowed to sit in any given place
因为你下一刻就可能被赶走
before being asked to leave.
我在美国乔治亚州的亚特兰大长大
I grew up in Atlanta, Georgia,
从一个地方辗转到另一个地方 我有一个充满爱的亲密家庭
bouncing from house to house with a loving, close-knit family
虽然我们的经济状况
as we struggled to find stability
不太稳定
in our finances.
但是当我的妈妈患上精神病
But when my mom temporarilylost herself to mania
并把我当做替罪羊的时候
and when that mania chose meas its primary scapegoat
当我经受情感上和肉体上的虐待的时候
through both emotional and physical abuse,
为了我的人身安全
I fled for my safety.
我逃离了 我得出结论
I had come to the conclusion
比起回家 无家可归对我来说
that homelessness was safer for me
是个更安全的选择那时我
than being at home.
16
I was 16.
岁无家可归的我成了亚特兰大3300 名无家可归的青少年中的一员
During my homelessness,I joined Atlanta’s 3,300 homeless youth
夜幕降临时 感觉无人关心 被抛弃
in feeling uncared for, left out and invisible each night.
成了隐形人那时候没有 至今也还没有一个
There wasn’t and still is not any place
无家可归的未成年人可以去
for a homeless minorto walk off the street
并睡上一觉的地方我知道
to access a bed.
很多人觉得无家可归的人
I realized that most peoplethought of homelessness
都是懒惰的、有毒瘾的、肮脏的社会负担
as some kind of lazy, drug-inducedsqualor and inconvenience,
但这不能代表我那个
but that didn’t represent my
装满了衣服和书的书包
book bag full of clothes and schoolbooks,
和我全优的成绩
or my A+ grade point average.
我会坐在市中心最爱的长椅上
I would sit on my favorite bench downtown
看着时光流逝 直到我能够偷偷
and watch as the hours passed by until I could sneak
睡上几个小时
in a few hours of sleep
不管是在沙发上、
on couches, in cars,
车上还是在楼里或仓库里
in buildings or in storage units. I,
像上千名无家可归的其他青少年一样
like thousands of other homeless youth,
我消失在了这个城市的影子里
disappeared into the shadows of the city
而世界依然在不停转动
while the whole world kept spinning
就好像什么都没发生一样
as if nothing at allhad gone terribly wrong.
仅仅这种隐形感就几乎彻底击垮了我
The invisibility alonealmost completely broke my spirit.
但是当我一无所有的时候
But when I had nothing else,I had the arts,
我还有艺术它不向我索取 任何回报作为交换
something that didn’t demand material wealth from me in exchange for refuge.
几个小时的唱歌、
A few hours of singing, writing poetry
写诗或者攒足够的钱
or saving up enough money to disappear
然后消失到一个戏剧的世界里
into another world at a play
它们让我坚持下去
kept me going and jolting me back to
并在我最低迷的时候把我拉了回来
life when I felt at my lowest.
每个星期三晚上我都会去教堂
I would go to church serviceson Wednesday evenings and,
如此渴望艺术带给我的心灵放松
desperate for the reliefthe arts gave me,
我通常会提前几个小时去
I would go a few hours early,
然后溜到楼下
slip downstairs
进入另一个世界
and into a part
那里唯一重要的事情
of the world where the only thing that mattered
就是我能不能把
was whether or not I could
我那个星期
hit the right note in the song
练的那首歌的旋律唱准
I was perfecting that week.
我会练上好几个小时
I would sing for hours.
它给了我力量 让我允许自己
It gave me so much strengthto give myself permission
忘记一切并尽情歌唱五年后
to just block it all out and sing.
我创办了自己的组织 ChopArt
Five years later,I started my organization, ChopArt,
这是一个针对无家可归的青少年的多学科艺术组织
which is a multidisciplinaryarts organization for homeless minors.
ChopArt 借助艺术这个工具来修复创伤
ChopArt uses the artsas a tool for trauma recovery
将我们对打造社区、
by taking what we knowabout building community
重塑尊严的认识 运用到艺术创作的过程中去
and restoring dignity and applying that to the creative process.
ChopArt 的总部在乔治亚州的亚特兰大
ChopArt is headquarteredin Atlanta, Georgia,
在印度的海德拉巴和加纳的阿克拉也有项目
with additional programsin Hyderabad, India, and Accra, Ghana,
从 2010
and since our start in 2010,
年创立至今我们已经服务了全球 4
we’ve served over 40,000 teens worldwide.
万名青少年我们的青少年
Our teens take refuge
在艺术的魔力中找到慰藉
in the transformativeelements of the arts,
他们需要 ChopArt给他们提供这样的安全空间
and they depend on the safe space ChopArt provides for them to do that.
隐形的人群可以借助
An often invisible population uses the
艺术站到灯光下
arts to step into their light,
但是踏出那个隐形的区域却并不是那么容易的
but that journey out of invisibilityis not an easy one.
我们有一对兄妹 杰里米和凯莉
We have a sibling pair, Jeremy and Kelly,
他们来我们机构已经三年多了
who have been with our programfor over three years.
他们每个星期三晚上都会来上 ChopArt
They come to the ChopArt classesevery Wednesday evening.
的课但是大约一年前
But about a year ago,
杰里米和凯莉亲眼目睹了他们的母亲病情发作并死亡
Jeremy and Kelly witnessed their mom seize and die right in front of them.
他们亲眼看着急救医护人员未能抢救回她的生命
They watched as the paramedicsfailed to revive her.
他们哭着 看着他们的父亲
They cried as their father
把临时监护权签给了ChopArt
signed over temporary custodyto their ChopArt mentor, Erin,
的艾琳老师 他们甚至都没来得及
without even allowing them to take an extra pair
在出门时多拿上一件衣服
of clothes on their way out.
这件事让我感到心碎
This series of events broke my heart,
但是杰里米和凯莉对 ChopArt 的信仰和决心
but Jeremy and Kelly’s faithand resolve in ChopArt
是鼓励我坚持做这项工作的动力
is what keeps me grounded in this work.
凯莉会在最低落的时候给艾琳打电话
Kelly calling Erin in her lowest moment,
因为她知道艾琳会尽自己最大的努力
knowing that Erin would dowhatever she could
让他们感觉到被爱和被关心
to make them feel loved and cared for,
这些都让我相信
is proof to me
用艺术作为切入点
that by using the arts as the entry point,
我们可以给无家可归的青少年人群疗伤
we can heal and buildour homeless youth population.
帮助他们重建生活 我们的脚步一刻也没有停下
And we continue to build.
我们帮助德文重建生活 德文一家变得无家可归
We build with Devin, who became homeless with his family
因为他妈妈不得不在医疗账单和房租之间做出选择
when his mom had to choose between medical bills or the rent.
他通过 ChopArt发现了自己对油画的热爱
He discovered his loveof painting through ChopArt.
我们帮助丽兹重建生活
We build with Liz,
她的整个青少年时代几乎都是在大街上度过的
who has been on the streets most of her teenage years
但是她通过音乐找回自己
but turns to music to return to herself
尤其在她年轻的肩膀不堪重压的时候
when her traumas feel too heavyfor her young shoulders.
我们帮助玛利亚重建生活 她用诗歌疗伤
We build for Maria, who uses poetry to heal
在她的祖父在面包车中死去后
after her grandfather died in the van
她和她的家人现在住在车里面
she’s living inwith the rest of her family.
无家可归的青少年们
And so to the youth out thereexperiencing homelessness,
让我告诉你们 你们内心有重建生活的力量
let me tell you, you have the power to build within you.
你可以通过艺术找到
You have a voice
你的声音 艺术不会评判你的过往
through the arts that doesn’t judge what you’ve been through.
永远不要放弃站到灯光下的努力
So never stop fightingto stand in your light
因为即使在你最黑暗的时刻
because even in your darkest times,
我们也在注视着你!
we see you.
谢谢!
Thank you.
(掌声
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyrcWMvu9ek

相关推荐