ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

美国贴吧Reddit是如何诞生的 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

美国贴吧Reddit是如何诞生的

How Reddit Was Born Out of a Very, Very Bad Idea | Inc. Magazine

这是我九年级的时候
This is me in ninth grade.
是的 我从那个时候开始接触因特网
Yeah. And I got an internet connection at this point
我觉得 自己就像是一个超级英雄
and I felt like…I felt like a superhero,
因为我能够创建网站
because I could build websites and because
这个网站叫 GOCD
this website GOCD GOCDs,
它可以被全世界的人们所看到
could be seen by millions of people all over the world
而且为了好玩 不久后我发布了关于
and it wasn’t long before I was going on message boards
请求支援非营利组织
reaching out to nonprofits, just for fun.
帮他们创建网站的公告
In order to build websites for them.
我很高兴得知这些大人们不了解这些
It was so great to know that these adults had no idea.
认为我只是一个待在父母家傻小子
I was this dorky kid in my parents’ house.
他们所知道的就是
All they knew is
我拥有一个他们没有的技能
I was someone who had a skill that they didn’t have
这让我感觉自己有点厉害
and it made me feel kind of powerful.
因为我刚上大学的时候
Because by the time I got to college,
我遇见了史蒂夫 他住在我宿舍对面
and I met Steve, who lived across the hall from me,
典型的大学一年级
freshman year very typical,
也许有种创始人会议故事的感觉
sort of founder meetings story. I don’t know.
那天是入住日 然后我想
I was on move-in day and I thought,
“我希望这里有更多喜欢电子游戏的人”
‘I hope there are more people who like video games here.’
我环顾四周
and I look across the hall
看到史蒂夫正在玩PlayStation2
and there’s Steve playing PlayStation2.
我非常激动
And I was thrilled.
我真的没有想到大学里还有人玩电子游戏
I really didn’t think people play video games in college.
我太天真了 我激动地想和他打声招呼
I was very naive. And I was thrilled to meet him obviously
因为他是一名游戏玩家
because he was a gamer.
见到我他有点小失落
He was a little disappointed to meet me,
因为他在门上见过我的名字阿莱克西斯
because he had seen my name Alexis on the door and thought
以为自己住在一个男女混合宿舍里
he was on a co-ed hall.
但是我们仍然很快成为了朋友
But we still became fast friends
很快我就意识到
and it wasn’t long until I realized
我是不可能成为一个律师的
there was no way in hell I was going to be a lawyer.
我直接走出LSAT考场的大门
I literally walked out of an LSAT
来到了Waffle House
to go to a Waffle House.
我没开玩笑 这就是星期六发生的事情
No joke. Saturday morning what’s going on
如果有人了解Waffle House的话
If there’s someone who know about Waffle House,
你就会明白我会在那里的顿悟了
you’ll know that epiphanies happen there.
我的顿悟恰好是:
Mine happened to be: I didn’t
我不想做一名律师
want to be a lawyer. And instead
相反 我回到家里然后说 “史蒂夫 兄弟
I came back home and said ‘Steve dude!
我们得一起创建点儿东西
We need to build something together,
因为我不想从事不喜欢的职业”
because I don’t want to have a job I don’t love.’
然后他说 “好吧 那么
and he said, ‘Alright, well,
我有个想法”
I have this idea.’
于是他开始教我
And he started pitching me on this ability
使用手机的基本技能 这在当时
to basically use your cell phone which back then,
是世界上最智能的手机
this is the smartest phone in the world.
“这是市场上最智能的手机” 史蒂夫说
But this was the smartest phone on the market and Steve said,
“瞧 现在我们都有手机了
‘Look we all have phones now, why
为什么我们仍然要去排队呢?
are we still waiting in line?
我们应该可以用它向星巴克
We should be able to place that order at the Starbucks
熟食店 或其他几个街区开外的地方下订单
or the Deli or wherever while we’re a few blocks away
然后就等着直接去拿”
and just have it there waiting for us.
“真是太聪明了 兄弟!”
So this is brilliant dude!’
然后我当时想
And I was like
“我们可以把它叫做My Mobile Menu或者 Mmm”
‘We can call it My Mobile Menu or or Mmm…’
这将会非常棒 我说服他去辞职
And it’s gonna be amazing. I convinced him to drop.
他当时有一个工作机会
He had a job offer.
我说服他推掉了那个工作
Convinced him to turn it down and
并且和我一起开公司 然后我们成立了一个公司
start a company with me. So we founded a company and
大四春假时 某件神奇的事发生了
then senior Spring Break something amazing happened.
这和坎昆或龙舌兰没关系
It didn’t involve Cancun or Tequila
和保罗•格雷厄姆有关系
and involves a Paul Graham.
这真是一件幸运的事
It was this really fortuitous thing. He was giving a talk
他在波士顿哈佛大学开了一场叫做《如何开始创业》的演讲
up at Boston Ben Harvard called How to Start a Start-up
我们觉得这太了不起了
We thought this is amazing.
这就是我们想要的!
This is exactly what we want!
这正是我们需要的
This is exactly what we need.
我们也不想去沙滩了
We wouldn’t want to go to the beach anyway
因为那里没有WiFi
because there is no Wi-Fi there.
那就去波士顿吧!所以我们就去了
Let’s go to Boston. So we did.
他做的这场演讲 太了不起了
He gave his talk. It was amazing.
我们随后和他见了面
We met him afterwards.
史蒂夫拿了个签名 我跟着他并且说
Steve got an autograph and I followed and said,
“格雷厄姆博士
‘Dr. Graham, I would love to
我想请你喝杯咖啡
take you out for a coffee.
史蒂夫和我从弗吉尼亚过来
Steve and I have come up from Virginia
我们想向你介绍一个公司”
and want to pitch you on a company.’
他说 “好啊 当然可以”
He said, ‘Sure, yeah okay.’
我们当晚就向他介绍了Mmm
We pitched him on Mmm that night.
他很喜欢这个!很喜欢!
He loved it! He loved it! And imagine
想想看我们有多惊喜
our surprise: not three
不到三周他就宣布了Y Combinator创业孵化器项目
weeks later he announces Y Combinator.
这个想法主要是向每位创始人投资6000美元
This idea to basically invest $6,000 per founder, and
在整个三个月长的夏天的时间里给他们机会
give them a chance to
在波士顿工作
work for three months all summer long in Boston,
来写代码以及获取用户
just writing code and getting users.
他给我们发了电子邮件 说
He emailed us. He said,
“你们的想法不错 应该干起来”
‘You guys have a great shot. You should apply.’
我们想 “哦 对啊 我们一定会的”
We thought ‘Oh yes. Oh yes we will.
这太完美了:现在万事俱备
This is perfect: Everything is aligning.
我们要成功了
We are going to be great successes.
然后我们就接到电话去接受面试
And so we got called up for an interview.
我们去了波士顿
We went up to Boston,
参加了YC孵化器给我们的面试
gave the interview of our lives for YC. I mean
我是说 我们觉得太不可思议了
we were feeling amazing.
那天晚上他们打电话给我们 说到
That night they called us up and they said,
“抱歉 你们没通过”
‘Sorry you’re rejected.’
你看到了我用这只可怜的猫咪
You’ll notice I’m using cats to demonstrate my
展现了那个不安的时期我的情绪
emotions during this volatile period.
我们很沮丧 自然而然地喝了很多了
So we were bummed and so naturally we drank,
都喝醉了
a lot.
但是在回弗吉尼亚的火车上
But Steve and I were on a train back to Virginia
我们接到了保罗的电话
when I got a call from Paul.
太激动了
It’s pretty exciting.
“在吗?”
‘Hello?’
他说 “是这样的
He said, ‘Look,
我们讨论了一下但仍不喜欢你们的想法”
we talked about it and we still don’t like your idea.’
我心想:你就是想打电话给我们
It’s like: You just called to tell me
让我们知道你还是不喜欢这个想法吗?
that you still don’t like the idea?
他们说 “别别别 别挂断
They said, ‘No no no, hold on.
但是我们喜欢你们
But we’d like you two.
并相信你们
We believe in you two.
只要你们转变一下想法
As long as you change your idea,
想出点别的什么来
and come up with anything else,
我们就会投资你们”
we’ll invest in you.’ I thought
我想 “好吧 好的 我们听着呢
‘All right. Okay. We’re
让我想想看”
listening. Let me think about it.
我们想了一会儿
We thought about it for half a second.
史蒂夫跑到售票员那儿
Steve ran, found the conductor
我们从康涅狄格州某处最近的站点下车
we got off at the nearest stop somewhere in Connecticut.
我买了张回波士顿的票 我们见到了保罗
I got a ticket back to Boston. We met with Paul.
一小时后
An hour later,
他交给我们一张12000美元的支票 并说
he handed us a $12,000 check, and said,
“在一个浏览器里创建一个
‘Just build something in a browser that
可以每天早上解决你们问题的网站”
solves your problem every morning.’
我们想到的就是Effectively Reddit
What we came up with was Effectively Reddit.
这就是我们两个在 Y Combinator 孵化器的第一天
That’s the two of us on the first day of Y Combinator.
这像一张上课的照片 我知道…
It’s a class photo day. I know. I know
右边的人就是我
that is actually me on the right.
你们会发现我穿着一件有我设计的吉祥物的T恤
You’ll also notice I had a t-shirt with a mascot
这是很早以前 甚至还没有构建网站
that I designed, long before we actually built a website or
不知道未来会怎样的时候 我自己设计的
even knew what it was going to be.
它挺笨的 总把操纵命令搞错
That was dumb. Wrong order of operations.
但是很明显 我真的真的很喜欢这个吉祥物
But clearly, I really really liked mascot.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

成功的人生需要坚持不懈,美国的贴吧Reddit诞生时也并非一帆风顺

听录译者

沉默Monica

翻译译者

懿曌

审核员

审核员YZ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkwLCVFs47U

相关推荐