未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)

快速脱发如何改变了我的生活

How rapid hair loss changed my life

– So I’ve had a lot of comments
过去的几年 在我的频道中
on the channel over the years, being like,
收到很多评论 像是
“Joey, you should share your hair loss journey.”
“Joey 你应该分享下你的脱发之旅”
As if I have some epic tale,
说得好像我有史诗般的故事似的
a dramatic story arc, infused with life lessons,
一个有着戏剧性的故事框架 其中加入了人生哲理的
a coming of age tale, but in reality,
一个成长故事 但实际上
it’s not something I’ve really thought about much.
我还真没过多地考虑这件事
Hair loss was always in the cards for me.
脱发于我而言是早晚的事
Growing up, my dad really didn’t have much hair
在我成长过程中 父亲就没有多少头发
and my two older brothers shaved their head
并且俩哥哥在我12岁左右时把头发推了
due to male pattern baldness when I was around 12 years old.
原因便是雄性遗传脱发
When they did that at the time,
当时他们在推的时候
I didn’t really think much of it,
我还没想太多
probably for like five minutes, I said,
大概五分钟之后 我说
“Oh, that’s kind of weird.
“额 这就怪了
You look kind of dumb,”
你们看起来有点傻”
but then the novelty wore off
但后来 这种新奇感渐渐消失了
and they were just my brothers,
他俩只是我的哥哥而已
the same brothers that I always knew since birth,
与我出生便认识的哥哥无异
but when it was my turn and I started seeing symptoms,
但是后来轮到我了 我开始发现脱发的征兆
I wasn’t so nonchalant about it.
我可不能坐视不理
Growing up, I always looked older than I actually was,
随着长大 我看起来总比实际的年龄老
even right now that fact rings true.
即便现在 事实依然如此
I’m 25 years old.
我才25岁
A lot of people think I’m like 32.
但很多人说我看着像32
So when I was a kid, I really took pride in the fact
小时候 对看起来比实际年龄大这件事
that I looked older than I am,
我挺引以为傲的
that way I could boss other kids around
这样我就可以指挥其他孩子了
and seem like an adult before I actually was,
并在我真正长大之前 我可以看上去更像成年人
even though I didn’t have two brain cells to rub together back then.
即使我那时也没几个脑细胞可以使用
So when I was 16 years old, my barber told me,
我16岁时 理发师告诉我
“Hey, you’re starting to lose your hair.”
“兄弟 你开始脱发了”
I kind of freaked out internally.
我心里就有点抓狂
It’s like the “SpongeBob” meme
就像海绵宝宝
where he’s calm on the surface,
表面风平浪静
but internally losing its shit
内心却波涛汹涌
and I was like, “You know what, this is kind of a bummer.
当时便想:啊 这就有点过分了
Now I’m gonna look really old,
现在我看上去真的有些上了年纪
like I’m going to look 40 when I’m 17.”
似乎17岁的年纪有了40岁的外表
But I didn’t really do anything about it.
但我真的啥也没干
I started to notice
我开始注意到
that my hair was starting to recede at the temples,
太阳穴附近的头发开始脱了
but it was slow enough
但这个过程太过漫长
that I didn’t feel the need to do anything about it.
以至于我并不觉得需要对它做些什么
I was just hoping and praying
我那时就在希望和祈祷
that my hair might last me somewhat into university.
我的头发也许能用某种方式活到我上大学
Oh, we should probably just fast forward to photos of me
哦 我们可以快速看一下我的照片
when I’m 18 years old.
都是我18岁拍的
This is sort of high school graduation territory
这是我高中毕业时期的照片
and you can start to see
你能看出来
that I’m receding at the temples fairly significantly
对于一个18岁的人来说 太阳穴两边
for an 18 year old.
脱的太明显了
I definitely do not have like a squared off head of hair
18岁的时候 我显然没有一头
at 18 years old.
有方形发际线的头发
And this is the summer before I went into my freshman year of university.
这是我进大一前的那年夏天拍的
So into university, you can see that my hair it’s still there
进入大学之后 你能看到我还有头发
you know, it’s still fairly thick on top,
是吧 上面还很茂密
but definitely lots more temple is showing.
但太阳穴这块的脱发明显展现出来了
If I had actually done something about it,
如果我当初给予些关注的话
I would’ve had a decently full head of hair to work with
我本可以拥有一头像样的头发
and potentially experienced some regrowth
并且有可能再长出一点来
to the point where I would almost have
那到现在我几乎就可能
a full head of hair right now.
有满头的头发了
You and me would be talking, having this conversation,
我们会在这里交谈
actually, it’s a one-way conversation,
当然这只是一场单向对话
I’m just talking at you,
只有我在讲
but we would be doing this together
但我们一起参与到了对话中
and I would have hair on the top of my head, but I didn’t.
同时我头顶上会有头发 但事实上我没有
I was in denial.
我当时拒绝接受现实
I just said, “You know what, I don’t wanna worry about it.
我只是说:“你知道吗 我不想担心这件事
I don’t really care that much.”
我不太在乎这个”
But I think I did care.
但我觉得我还是在乎的
It did affect me.
这个确实影响了我
And we’ll get into that a little bit later.
这个我们随后再深入聊
You can already see by the end of my first year,
这是我大一结束那一年的照片
there’s a lot of temple there
可以看到太阳穴那里秃了一大块
and I don’t know what I was doing with my hair at the time,
我不知道当时我对我的头发做了什么
but it was not doing me any favors.
但都于事无补
I was slicking that right back, kind of curling it back.
我把这些头发向后弄平整 稍微弄卷了一点
You could tell, this man is losing his hair,
你能看出来 这个男人正在脱发
like a middle-aged man at 18 years old.
有着18岁的年纪和中年男人的样貌
And I think at the time it affected me subconsciously
我觉得那时候它在潜意识地影响着我
whether I was aware of it or not.
无论我是否意识到它
So I’d start to wear hats a little bit more often,
所以我会更频繁地戴帽子
trying to cover it up, but the hair loss got worse.
意图把它遮住 但是脱发更严重了
Here’s me at the start of my second year.
这是我大二开始那一年的照片
There’s a lot more forehead.
我的额头露出更多了
I’m starting to keep my hair shorter on top,
我开始让头顶的头发更短些
because I noticed it would just draw
因为我注意到只有这样
a little bit less attention to the fact
别人才不会太注意到
that I was balding and I’d keep my hair very short
我变秃的事实 并且我把两侧的头发
on the sides as well.
也弄的非常短
Just trying to do some techniques
只不过是 试图去用一些
that didn’t look absolutely ridiculous.
看上去不太愚蠢的技巧
I didn’t wanna look like I was trying to hide the fact
我不想显得 我正试图去掩盖
that I had a receding hairline.
我发际线后移的事实
I kind of wanted it just to look clean and out of the way,
我只想让它看起来干净且有个性
but then it got worse and obviously,
但结果显然越来越糟
you know, that’s what happens with male pattern baldness.
你知道 这是患有雄性遗传脱发的人的必经之路
It doesn’t just get better.
事情并不会变好
So here’s me playing piano at some gig or something
这是我在现场演出还是什么其他场合 弹钢琴的照片
with my brother, Eli.
我的哥哥Eli也在
I was cutting my own hair at that point,
在这个时候我把我自己的头发减短
buzzing it all the way up to the sides
从侧面往上一路推掉
and then leaving it lengthy on top.
然后在头顶留下一些长发
It kind of is an optical illusion from the side.
从侧面看 会给人一种错觉
It makes me look like I’m kinda going
那就是我看上去像是
for that Mohawk look, but it’s not a great look.
要留一个莫西干头 但这不是什么好看的发型
I do look very pointy.
我看上去非常有棱有角
My entire head kind of looks like a crescent moon.
我的整个脑袋看起来像个月牙
I think my third year is when I should’ve bit the bullet
我想我在大三就应该克服困难
and shaved my head.
去把头发剃光
I even started a YouTube channel in my third year
我还在大三那一年开通了油管频道
and it was called, Better Ideas and I had hair
它叫《更好的主意》那时候我还有头发
and you guys can tell, it doesn’t look that great.
从这你们可以看出我的头发状态不佳
It was starting to do that weird androgenic alopecia thing,
这个诡异的雄激素原性脱发开始发威了
where it was starting to get thicker on the sides,
我的头发两侧
like right around the ears
就是在耳朵周围变得更厚
and then kind of getting a little bit puby on top.
并在头顶露出了一点耻骨
Sorry, mom.
抱歉 老妈
It just wasn’t a very good look.
这样并不好看
It just didn’t look fresh.
也不精神
It wasn’t the best version of what I could be doing
这不是我能做到的最好的发型
and here’s the weird thing psychologically
同时 关于我为什么不能把头剃光这件事
as to why I didn’t shave my head.
还有一些奇怪的心理因素作祟
It wasn’t because I wasn’t aware of the fact
这并非是因为我当时没有意识到
that I would probably look better
如果我克服心理障碍
if I just bit the bullet and shaved my head,
并把头发剃光 我可能会更好看
but it was just the fact
但主要是
that I had lived my whole life with hair
我过去一直有头发相伴
and it was almost like I didn’t want to say goodbye.
而我并不想和它说再见
I attached a part of my identity to my hair.
我将自己的一部分身份赋予了我的头发
I almost felt like I wasn’t ready
我觉得我还没有准备好
to become a new person by shaving my head.
用剃头的方式改头换面
I wasn’t ready to present to the world
我还没准备好 用一个全新的自己
that I’m a new person now.
去展现给这个世界
I finally let it go.
最终我释然了
I’m no longer in denial
我不再逃避事实
and obviously you don’t think these things consciously,
不过你显然不会有意识的考虑这些
it’s just sort of a subconscious identity crisis you have.
仅仅因为你有一种类似潜意识的自我认同危机
You’re kind of at a crossroads.
你像站在十字路口
Do I just let go of my hair as a variable in my life
我是应该任由头发成为我人生的变量
or do I continue to hold onto it for whatever it’s worth,
还是无论情况如何恶化 尽管头发不再为我而用
despite the fact that it’s not serving me anymore?
我都继续留住它呢?
But I pressed on for at least another year.
但我还是硬着头皮 至少又把头发留了一年
This was when it really started to just not look so good.
这时候我的头发看上去真的不太行了
I definitely have this sort of like bowl shaped thing
我头发延续这种类似碗状的形状
going on on my head, two semi-circles
加上两个半圆形
and from the top, it was starting to thin
然后从头顶开始发量变得稀疏
right on the crown.
像戴了皇冠
So here’s the year before I shaved my head.
那是我推掉头发的前一年
Everyone’s looking suave.
每个人都看上去很精明
Here’s all my brothers.
这都是我兄弟
Here’s a bald brother of mine.
这位是我的其中一位光头哥哥
Here’s another bald brother of mine
这是我另一位光头哥哥
and then some non balds, look at this non-bald right here,
然后这些没秃的老哥 看这位没秃
non-bald right here, non-bald right here.
没秃 没秃
Then here’s the funny thing about Daniel,
这有一件关于Daniel的趣事
is actually he was starting to recede here,
这时候他其实开始变秃了
but he actually did something about it
但他为头发做了一些事情
and now he has sort of, you know, more hair,
现在从某种意义上说 和他刚开始脱的时候
like way more hair than he did when he was losing it.
比起来 他头发更多了
That’s what happens when you’re proactive.
当你有意识的去防护时 这是会发生的
So good on Daniel for not denying reality
Daniel 很棒 因为他没有拒绝接受现实
so he can improve upon it.
所以他可以在脱发上做一些改善
Either way, my hair’s really looking rough at this point.
总之 我的头发此时看着真是高低不平
It’s definitely like an advanced Jude Law look
像状态不佳的裘德·洛的样子
and I don’t have Jude Law’s face,
但我没他那张脸
so it doesn’t work as well for me as it does for him.
所以这个发型在我脑袋上就不如他的好看
So at the end of my fourth year,
所以我在大四的末尾
the summer between fourth and fifth year,
就是大四与大五之间的夏天
I finally bit the bullet and I shaved it off.
我最终克服障碍 去剃光了头发
All right, let’s film this video.
好了 让我们开始拍视频
So I shaved my head.
所以 我推了头
I think it looks a lot better, to be honest.
说实话 我觉得比原来强了
I was really postponing that.
我真的一直拖着没剃
My hairline was like,
我的头发看上去
I mean, you can see where my hairline is
我的意思是 你能看见我的发际线在哪
and I had like a little bit of hair kind of like,
然后我有一点点头发
that I’d do this with and then you turn my head,
就在我比划的这里 接着转过我的头
it’d be all thin up here.
在顶部有很浅的一层
It looks like I’m not trying to hide anything anyway.
剃完头的我显得不再遮遮掩掩
And I sent some photos to my friends and family being like,
同时我给我的朋友和家人们发了点照片
“Yo, look, I shaved my head.”
说:“嘿 我把头发推了”
And they’re like, “It looks good, dude.”
他们回复说:“看着不错 哥们”
That’s it, you know,
你知道吗?目的达成了
I’ve met with some friends that summer
那个夏天 我遇到了一些朋友
and they’d be like, “Oh, you shaved your head.”
他们会说:“哦 你把头推了”
I’m like, “Yeah,” they’re like, “Yeah, it looks good, man.”
我会说“嗯嗯” 他们说“挺好看的 哥们”
That’s it, you know, all that buildup for,
就是这样 你明白吗
you know, 22 years or whatever it was,
历经22年还是几年的
led to the reaction of people being like,
所有的心理建设 获得了人们的反馈说
“Oh, it looks good.”
“哦 看着不错”
And then treating me like they’ve always treated me.
接着待我与从前无异
You know, it doesn’t really…
你知道这并不是很……
It’s not a thing, like, it just doesn’t matter.
这根本不是个事儿 无所谓的
And what I’ve learned over this whole process
从脱发的整个历程来看 我明白了
is that nobody cares, even when my hair was receding,
根本没人会在乎 即便我的头发越来越少
unless you had somebody else
除非你有别的朋友
who was really self-conscious about their hair,
特别在意他自己的头发
they would probably compare it with you and be like,
他们可能会和你比较发量
“Oh, that guy’s receding a little bit more than me,”
然后想“哦 这位朋友秃的比我更厉害一点”
but all in all, you know, nobody’s thinking about your hair
但总之 没人会比你本人
more than you are.
更在意你自己的头发
And when you shave it off, it’s not like a big reveal
当你把头推了 也不是揭了惊天大密
and it’s like the “Princess Bride”
就像公主新娘一样
where you have this giant glow up,
有了彻头彻尾的改变
there’s a glow up in the “Princess Bride”?
在《公主新娘》里有这段吗?
No, “Princess Diaries”, I think.
不对 我觉得在《公主日记》里
Yeah, it’s not like that.
没错 不会像那里一样的
Nobody cares, nobody cares before you shave it off,
无论是你推之前还是之后
nobody cares after you shave it off.
没有人会在意
Your hair is just dead protein on the top of your head,
你的头发只是一堆长在头顶的死蛋白
do what’s best for you.
做对你自己最有利的事情吧
In my opinion, if your hairline is receding to an advanced degree
在我看来 如果发际线后移很严重
it probably will look better when you shave it off
可能把头推了看着更好一些
but do I care if you shave your hair off or not?
但我会关注你是否会推吗?
No, so just make the decision based on what’s best for you.
不会 看哪个对你好 自己决定就好了
And funny enough, since shaving my head,
有趣的是 当我推了头之后
I feel like I have actually gotten more confident,
我觉得 我实际上更自信了
especially when meeting strangers
特别是当面对生人
and it’s totally a subconscious thing,
这全然是关于潜意识的事
because I don’t have to think about the fact
因为我不会再想
that I have an incomplete hairline.
我的发际线后移了
I don’t have a hairline anymore.
因为我压根没有发际线了
I literally can’t have a bad hair day.
我字面意义上不会有头发不好的日子了
I can also walk faster, because I’m more aerodynamic.
从空气动力学的角度讲 我走的更快了
I can also tell when it’s raining quicker than anyone else.
我还能比别人更快的觉察到下雨了
I can jump higher, swim faster,
我可以跳得更高 游得更快
I’ve basically become a god, but in all seriousness,
基本上我成为了全能的人 但严格地说
the moral of the story, I guess I can conclude
从我脱发这整个过程来看
from my hair loss journey,
这件事的寓意
is that no one really thinks about you
那便是没有人会 太多地关注你
nearly as much as you think about yourself, not even close.
与你自以为的那样 相距甚远
Most people, most of the time are not thinking about you
大部分人 大部分时间 都不是在想你
and that might be a little bit of a hit to the ego,
当然可能有点伤自尊
but it’s the truth.
但这就是事实
Most people are mostly thinking about themselves.
大部分人更多地在想自己
So to think that people are like sitting down
所以臆想着人们会在圣诞晚餐时
at a Christmas dinner, thinking about Joey’s hairline
围在一起想想Joey的发际线
is such a joke, but that’s how our brain,
这件事儿压根儿就是个笑话
we always think that’s gonna happen.
但这是我们以为会发生的事情
The same could be said, not just about hair loss,
同样的可以推知 不止关于脱发
but about a mole that you happen to have on your upper lip
还有你碰巧在上嘴唇长了一颗痣
or a zit that you have on your forehead one day.
或是某天额头上长了一颗青春痘
It’s a huge deal to you maybe,
这些事对于你来说也许是个巨大的打击
but really you’re just kind of like a background character
但在大部分人的生活中
in most people’s lives
你真的只是一块背景板
and they’re not really thinking about you at all.
并且他们压根不会给予你太多关注
So why would you put yourself through the trouble,
所以为什么要让自己陷入困境
the mental distress, to let that affect you?
让那些心理上的伤痛去影响你呢?
So, yeah, that’s the story of my hair loss journey.
没错 这就是我整个脱发的历程
I hope you guys got something out of this
我希望诸位会从中收获更多
or at least just had some fun getting to know me better
或者只是更好地了解了我 从中收获了一点快乐
and you know, kind of picking apart
这像从我的过往经历中
a little bit of my history.
获取了一小块碎片
Maybe you could learn a thing or two from this,
可能你对此事会收获一二
but if not, maybe you’ll learn a thing or two
倘若没有 那你也许可以从本次视频的
using today’s video sponsor, Skillshare.
赞助商Skillshare中学到一些
Man, I’m getting good at this.
兄弟 我广告打的越来越溜了
For those of you who don’t know,
为不了解的人介绍一下
Skillshare is an online learning community
Skillshare是一个在线学习社区
with thousands of classes, covering dozens of topics.
涉及上千个学科的课程
Everything from photography to videography,
从摄影到摄像
to learning to color grade or tell stories better,
学习色彩分级或者更好的讲故事
creative writing, cooking.
创作性写作 烹饪等任何事情
Do you wanna learn how to cook?
你想学习如何做料理吗?
You can learn how to cook on Skillshare.
那你就可以在这个网站上学
Do you wanna learn how to code your own website
你想学习如何给你的网站编码
and make thousands of monies?
并且大赚一笔吗?
You can learn that on Skillshare too.
你也可以来这个网站
Whatever you’re into,
无论你想进哪一行
there’s probably a class for it on Skillshare
此网站总会有相应的课程
and whatever class you choose to take on Skillshare,
无论你在Skillshare选择哪门课
it will be extremely practical,
都会是极其实用的
because every class on Skillshare is designed for real life.
因为每门课程都是为实际生活而设的
It’s super easy to take
无论你在Skillshare学什么
whatever you’re learning on Skillshare
都很容易上手
and apply it directly to your real life pursuits.
并且直接运用到现实生活的爱好中
That’s why I always like to mention the fact
这就是为什么我总爱提
that I’m constantly taking videography
我一直在Skillshare学习
and editing classes on Skillshare,
摄像和编辑的课程
because that’s my real life pursuit.
因为这便是我现实生活的追求
I want to enhance the things that I am interested in
我想要 在我感兴趣的事情上取得进步
and Skillshare is just an awesome resource
而Skillshare刚好是个不错的资源
to help you do that
来帮你达成此事
and Skillshare is doing this awesome thing
而且Skillshare还做了超级棒的事情
where the first 1000 of you
那就是前1000名
who click my link in the description below
点击我下方的文字链接的人
will get a one month trial of Skillshare Premium.
会获得一个月的Skillshare奖金
So make sure to take advantage of that offer,
所以一定要好好利用这次特惠
learn something new, explore your creativity
学点新东西 探索你的创造力
and as usual, have a great time.
同时像往常一样 祝你开心
And if you liked this video,
如果你喜欢这个视频
make sure that you actually hit the like button,
别忘了点个赞
because when you hit the like button,
因为当你点了赞
the algorithm shoves my bald head
大数据算法会把含有我这颗光头的视频
into other people’s homepages,
推送到别人的主页
helping them out, which also helps me out,
帮助他们摆脱困境 同时也帮我完成工作
so it’s kind of a win-win for everybody involved,
对每个参与的人来说 这就是双赢
this whole Better Ideas community can grow and that’s good.
《最好的主意》这个社区可以更繁荣 就很不错
That’s a good thing.
是一件好事
And if you’re lurking here and this is the thousandth time
然后如果你一直潜伏在这里
that you’ve watched one of my videos,
而且这是你第1000次看我其中一个视频
consider hitting that subscribe button.
考虑点点订阅呗
Other than that, thank you so much for watching.
还有 感谢您的观看
Make sure to check out the second channel,
别忘了去看第二个频道
because there’s lots of fun content on there
因为那里有很多有趣的内容
and I’m a lot more casual,
我会更加轻松 随意
like I was in this video on there,
就像在这个视频里一样
so if you like this style of video,
若您喜欢此风格的视频
hit up the second channel, it’s a great time.
那就进入第二个频道 你会喜欢的
Other than that, thank you so much for watching
然后 非常感谢您的观看
and we’ll catch you in the next video.
我们下个视频见
(soft jazzy music)
(轻柔的爵士乐)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

脱发会对一个人造成什么影响?Joey通过自己的经历给出了答案。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBa-geRTVwE

相关推荐