未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

权力是如何让人变自私的?

How Power Makes People Selfish

权力如何使人变得自私?
So there are regions of the frontal lobes
大脑额叶中有些区域
that are now being called the empathy network
现在被称为共情网络
and those regions of the brain do a lot of things,
它功能众多
but what one of the things that they do is
其中一种功能就是
they can help us detect other people’s pain
助我们感知他人的痛苦
when you damage the empathy networks of your brain
一旦大脑中的共情网络被损坏
which some people do, they become really impulsive
有些人就会变得十分冲动鲁莽
and you can have people who were really good citizens of the world, right?
而他们曾经也是好公民 不是吗?
And if they have this head trauma
如果他们头部受创
and little chunks of the frontal lobes are gone
损伤了一小部分额叶
they’ll start swearing suddenly,
他们就会突然爆粗口
they’ll start yelling at their kids,
对着自己的孩子大吼大叫
they feel disconnected.
显得与社会格格不入
In the neuroscience literature they call this
这种症状在神经学上被称为
“acquired sociopathy” –
“后天性反社会人格” ——
through brain trauma you become a sociopath
大脑创伤后 变成了反社会者
and our lab studies find
实验室研究表明
if you give people a little bit of power
人一旦拥有一些小权力
they kind of look like those brain trauma patients, right?
他们的行为看起来就像是脑部受创的病人
So we find like,
我们发现
if I feel powerful, I flirt inappropriately,
如果人拥有权力 就会口不择言
I am more likely at work to swear or act in a rude fashion,
很可能在工作中爆粗口或举止粗鲁
I’m more likely to gamble.
也可能冒险
It makes you impulsive.
会容易变得冲动
When you feel powerful
当你拥有权力时
you kind of lose touch with other people.
你就会与他人失去联系
You stop attending carefully to what other people think.
不再在意别人的想法
In our lab its come to be known as the Cookie Monster study.
在实验室中 我们都将他称为“甜饼怪”
We brought three people to the lab.
我们带三个人进了实验室
We pointed to one person and said, “you’re in charge,” right?
指定了一个人 “你来掌管这里”
And that person kind of felt powerful
那么他便觉得自己是有权威的
and then they had to do this really boring task of
然后 他们需要完成很无聊的任务
like writing policy for the University.
比如说抄校规
And they’re getting kinda bored.
之后他们会觉得很无趣
We bring a plate of chocolate chip cookies.
我们带来一盘碎粒巧克力饼干
Everybody takes one cookie.
一人一块
All groups always leave one cookie on the plate
每组都会剩一块
because you don’t want to be that person that takes the last cookie.
因为大家不想做拿走最后一块饼干的人
So there’s that fourth cookie
所以第4块饼干剩下了
and we find high-powered people they reach out and take it.
掌权的人会拿走那块饼干
And then my grad student, Dan Ward at the time,
我那时带了一个研究生叫丹·沃德
he came to me and is like,
他跟我说
“I think people are eating differently when they have power.
“我觉得人们掌权的时候连吃饭的样子都变了
and lo and behold our high-powered person
瞧瞧这些掌权的人
is more likely to be with their mouth open, lips-smacking,
长大了嘴巴 吧唧着嘴
crumbs literally like falling onto their sweaters…(laughs)…
饼干屑都掉毛衣上了……(笑)
It’s ridiculous!
这太搞笑了

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

权力会改变一个人吗?它会对人有哪些影响?变化的背后是什么原理?本期视频将给为你解答

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

默可可

审核员

审核员SR

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vvl46PmCfE

相关推荐