未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何靠清理犯罪现场来谋生

How People Make a Living by Cleaning Up Crime Scenes | Inc.

你正在赚钱
You’re making money,
你知道的
you know,
通过清理那些曾经被爱过的人的遗体
cleaning this up for loved ones.
你内心是否有过挣扎?
Do you ever get pushed back,
或者有人觉得你是在赚死人的钱?
or people that feel like you’re cashing in from people’s deaths?
《灰色地带》
犯罪现场清理
24 Trauma 公司Michael Wiseman 创始人兼首席执行官
我是Gerard Adams 欢迎收看《灰色地带》
I’m Gerard Adams and this is Gray Area,
《灰色地带》是专门记录在社会边缘地带谋利的企业家的节目
where we follow entrepreneurs doing business in the margins of society
今天 我们将见到Michael Wiseman
Today we’re going to be meeting up with Michael Wiseman
他是马萨诸塞州一家犯罪现场清理公司的创始人
the founder of a crime-scenecleanup company here in Massachusetts.
在每个犯罪现场
With every crime scene,
验尸官带走尸体
the coroner takes the body,
警察收集证据
the police collect the evidence,
剩下的一切就由Wiseman的公司来负责
and Wiseman is responsible for everything else.
我和他坐着聊 以便更好地了解
I sat down with him to get a better sense
他的公司到底有多少生意
of the industry in just how much business his company sees.
我们差不多每天会接到30到40个电话
Our daily calls, our phone probably rings between 30 and 40 times a day,
不论是只为警察部门做清洁
whether that’s just doing cleanups for police departments
还是为牢房和游船 或者街上有人被车撞 等这些事
and cells and cruises or street scenes people get hit by cars these things,
还有人自然死亡后 我们也可以进行清洁
to natural deaths.
当收容所中发生状况的时候
We do work for hospice,
我们也为收容所服务
when they get a situation in the house.
还有就是很不幸的自杀者们
And then suicides, unfortunately suicides.
在不同时间和季节 自杀率都不同
And they run rampant at different times different seasons.
但是这种事每天都在发生
But they happen every day,
就是每天都在发生
literally every day.
在采访结束后不久 一通电话打了进来
A call did come in shortly after an interview.
这是一个在旅馆中滥用芬太尼的案件
It was a fentanyl overdose in a hotel room.
几分钟之内 迈克尔集合好了他的团队
Within a few minutes Michael had mobilized his team
我们正在去的路上
and we were on the road.
所以 是的 我已经从事三十多年尸体清理的工作了 我投入的并不多
So, yes, I’ve been doing dead bodies for almost 30 years without getting too into it.
我开始从事这一行是因为家里发生了一些事
I started this business cuz something happened in my family,
我接到一个家人的电话
and I get a call from a family member
他说 嘿 你知道的 某人去世了 我需要一些帮助
says hey you know, so-and-so passed away I need some help.
那时我才22岁
Twenty-two years old
我穿上短袖和牛仔裤
and I’m gonna t-shirt and guest jeans
然后说 好吧 我现在就过去
and say yeah I would have a come pick now.
我们到了亲戚家 然后下楼
We get to the relatives house and we go downstairs.
看到地下室里有一大片血泊
It’s just a huge pool of blood in the basement.
然后我们把它清理干净了
And we cleaned it up.
我出来后
I get out,
开车上了495公路
driving down to 495.
我的衬衫上浸染着血渍
My shirts covered in blood.
膝盖上有大片的红血圈
I got these big red circles on my knees.
我在高速公路上 将衣服一件件脱了扔出车窗外
I’m literally stripping throwing things out the window on the highway.
我回到家 在早晨睡去
I get home. I go to sleep in the morning.
我开始
I start,
你知道的 和我妻子说起这件事
you know, saying things to my wife,
就像你知道的 嘿 你知道的
like you know, hey, what, you know.
他们怎么不打电话找别人?
How come they didn’t call anybody?
为什么这个家庭那么小气
How come the family so cheap
然后你知道的 他们没有这样或那样做
and you know, they didn’t do this or that.
他们好像在说 嘿 我已经打电话给大约50个公司了
They are like, hey I called like 50 companies
没有一家去那打扫血迹
No one out there cleans up blood.
你应该开一家做这件事的公司
You should start a company that does that.
如今 24 trauma在新西兰的四个办公点里有超过100个员工
Today 24 trauma has over a hundred employees in four offices across New England.
公司大部分的收入 都来自对滥用芬太尼案件的清理工作
A large portion of the company’s revenue comes from fentanyl cleanup.
当我们来到滥用药物的案件现场时
When we arrived at the overdose scene,
迈克尔向我表明我也将一同进去
Michael made it clear to me that I would be going in.
好 那么Drive 我们准备把你打扮一下
Alright, so Drive we’re gonna dress you up,
把你打扮成一个即将被我们扔进水池里或者其它地方的家伙
like one of the guys that we’re gonna throw into the the pool of whatever it is.
在这个案件中是被扔进芬太尼里的家伙
In this case it’s fentanyl.
如像芬太尼一样的合成阿片类药物
Synthetic opioids like fentanyl.
在2017年 我们负责了近30000起药物滥用致死的案件
We’re responsible for almost 30,000 deaths in 2017.
在进入任何一个被芬太尼污染的区域前
Before entering any fentanyl contaminated area,
Wisemon和他的团队会尽全力来保证自身安全
Wisemon and his team go to great lengths to ensure their safety.
走吧 干活去吧
Let’s go get them.
把那扇门关上
So get that door shut.
这儿就是有芬太尼的地方
So this is where the fentanyl is.
我们不想太靠近
We don’t want to get too close.
你可以看到在那个角落的粉末 对吗
You can see the powder on the corner right there?
不仅仅是芬太尼需要被中和处理
Not only does the fentanyl need to be neutralized,
所有具有多孔渗水表面的物品都必须从房间里清理出去
but all items with the porous surface must be removed from the hotel room.
否则 将来的住客就会接触到残余物
Otherwise future guests could be exposed to trace amounts that have been left behind.
因此 所有这些都得搬出去
So all of these will have to go.
所以下一件事就是
So the next scene
他们会把弹簧床垫包起来
they’ll bag up the boxspring and mattress
并且处理掉
and that’ll be disposed on.
接着 我们会从房间的角落开始 逐渐往外打扫
Then we’ll start from the corner of the room and work our way out
他们会处理房间里地毯的每一英尺
and they’ll take every inch of the rug that’s in the room.
这样就没什么东西还留在酒店里了
So nothing leaves the hotel
这并不糟糕
that’s not bad.
事物最终会回归正常
Everything gets back.
所以 你清理了许多租赁车辆和酒店房间
So you cleaned a lot of rental cars and hotel rooms.
当你清理过那么多地方后
Has it changed your perspective at all
这些经历对你的观念有影响吗
when you use some of those?
这确实有影响
It definitely does.
所以当我走进一家宾馆时
So when I go in a hotel room
我就像是来旅行一样
and I do like to travel.
我进过镇上许许多多的房间
I’m in a lot of the towel rooms,
是的
yeah.
我检查过一些你想都没想过的地方
I checked places that you wouldn’t even think about.
你知道的 如果我看到那些看起来不太对劲的 比如飞溅物等类似的东西
You know if I see any type of splatter that doesn’t look right to me
或者我看到任何新刷的油漆 即便它仅仅是一小块区域
or I see any new fresh paint and it’s only in a small area
或者有些东西被改装或重做
or something’s been rerouted or redone,
我会改变这些房间
I change rooms
哇哦
Wow.
那么像这种工作的费用是多少
So, how much is a job like this?
我只是一个参观者
I’m just a visitor.
直到工作100%完成我才会知道耗费的时间和材料
So we build time and materials I won’t know till it’s over 100 %
费用可能会在4000到5000美元之间
Ballpark this will be probably between 4 and 5 thousands.
4000到5000美元
4 and 5 thousands.
根据涉及到的方面 有的工作费用可能会高达100000美元
Some jobs can be as expensive as $ 100,000 depending on what’s involved.
我想知道Michael实际上是如何看待收入的
I wondered how Michael actually went about collecting payment,
尤其是在面对一些沉浸在失去亲人的痛苦的家庭成员时
especially when dealing with family members in grief.
你是如何看待这份工作的收入的呢
How do you from a revenue,
只是从商业角度来说
like just from a business standpoint mostly right like,
这就是你赚钱的方式
this is something where you’re making money,
你知道的 你从清理那些曾经被人爱过的人的遗体中赚钱
you know, cleaning this up for loved ones.
你有过犹豫不决
Do you ever get pushed back
或者人们觉得 你是从别人的死亡中赚钱的吗
or people that feel like you’re your cashing in from from people’s deaths
所以你怎么处理这种情况?
So how do you deal with this?
那是另一个问题
That’s another great question.
我唯一听到过一次 噢 我有听到过很多次
So the only time I’ve ever heard that and oh I’ve heard it many times,
它并不来自雇佣我们服务的任何人
it’s never from anyone that’s used our service.
因为 当你遇到你所爱的人去世时
Because when you have this happen to you,
你想做的最后一件事
the last thing you want to do
就是为那个你所爱的人做清理工作 比如为你的祖父母
is go clean up a loved one your grandmother your grandfather
上帝会阻止你的伴侣或小孩(说那样的话)
God forbid you, you know, your spouse or a child.
因此我未曾从那些我们为之工作的人口中听到过
So I’ve never had that from the people we’ve worked for.
也许某个处于局外的人会说
Somebody the outside looking in might say
嘿 你在开玩笑吧
hey you got to be kidding me!
这些人在通过这种方式赚钱
These people are charging for that.
但是 如果我们不做
But if we didn’t do it,
谁又会来做呢
who would do it?
Michael是一个天生的商人
Michael is a natural salesman
但是 很明显 他十分关心他的工作
but it was clear he careddeeply about his work.
他的声誉为人所熟知
His reputation is so well known
以至于 来自全国的执法机关都来寻求他的建议
that law enforcement agencies from across the country seek his advice.
再次回到芬太尼滥用案件上
On the way back from the fentanyl overdose,
迈克尔接到了一通电话 事发地点距此约1200英里远
Michael received a call about a scene some 1,200 miles away.
你确实是找对人了
So you definitely reach the right person.
我很确定我能帮助你
I’m sure I can help you.
只要告诉我一些消息 你那什么情况
Just give me a little bit on what you got going on.
我们在现场所知晓的是
What we’ve got is in the state,
这大概是第一户
apparently this is the first house
发现粉末状芬太尼的人家
that has had fentanyl in the powdered form that where it was actually found in the house
它扩散了一点
kind of spread around.
所以当你在说粉末的时候
So when you say powder,
他是在生产芬太尼
so is he manufacturing,
他是在在制作和切割吗
is he making, is he cutting?
你知道芬太尼是怎么传播的吗
Do you know how it’s being spread he’s cutting
他所做的就是 把芬太尼放到吸入器里
What he was doing was put them in inhalers
然后把这些吸入器用船运出去给人们
and then shipping these inhalers out to people.
哇哦 真是会耍手段
Wow, that’s ingenious.
是的 我有很多种方式可以去帮你
Yeah, so there’s a lot of ways I can help you I mean,
但很显然 如果
but obviously if, you know,
我距离你大概15个小时的路程
I need to be like 15 hours from you,
如果有必要的话 我会把我的工作人员安排好并送到你那里
but I would be fine if get the crew down and send the crew down if that’s what needed to be done.
如果我能拿到照片和材料
If I could get photographs and stuff,
我就可以安排我的员工了
I could walk somebody through. .
我可以给你列出个大概
I could make you an outline
你知道 这儿没有什么是我不能帮助你的
You know, there’s nothing I can’t help you with you.
你必须得告诉我你们想做些什么
You just have to let me know what you guys wanna do.
犯罪现场清理工作是一种交易
Crime scene clean-up is a business.
在和Michael相处一天后
After spending the day with Michael,
我有了更清晰的认识
that was clear to me.
但是 我在想
But I wondered
在这些工作的背后
beneath all the work,
死亡会影响一个人有多深
how does so much death affect the person?
在那天晚些时候
Later that day,
当迈克尔的团队正在清理另一个现场时
as Michael’s crew was cleaning up another scene,
我找到了询问他的机会
I got my chance to ask.
Michael你整天都在处理死亡
So Michael you deal with death all day long,
但是就像我很好奇的
but like I’m curious,
你对死亡真实的想法是什么
what are your actual beliefs about death,
然后死亡是怎么影响你的生活的
then how is death impacted your life?
很显然 处理死亡会让你获得一种不同的视角
Obviously dealing with death you get a different, you get a different view of it.
我处在这样的情况中 我很清楚地感觉到
I know I’ve been in situations where I’ve definitely felt presents.
当我在一间有很多人去世或者被杀死的房间时
When I’ve been in a house with multiple people have passed or been killed,
你会有一种感觉
you have that feeling that just that
不论是一阵微风 或者是厚重的空气
whether it’s that breeze or that the air is thicker,
最大的一点感受就是 我见证了生命的短暂
the biggest thing is to is I’ve seen how short life is,
以及你真的得感恩每一天
and how you have to appreciate everyday.
把每一天当做你的最后一天来度过
Live every day like it’s your last.
人们度过着每一天 却从来都不知道他们快要死了
We do people every day and that never knew they were gonna die.
是的
Right.
特别是在17岁 18岁 20岁到25岁之间的人
Specially the 17, 18, 20 to 25 year old people.
这个工作教会和展示给我的一件事就是
The one thing this job has taught me and showed me
生命真的很脆弱
is that life is so fragile.
Michael Wiseman是一位先驱
Michael Wiseman is a pioneer.
他通过处理许多人们无法或不愿处理的场景
He has built a successful company by handling situations
建立了一家成功的公司
not many people are able or willing to deal with.
我是Gerald Adams 感谢收看《灰色地带》
I’m Gerard Adams and this is Gray Area.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

在灰色地带,死亡是一种交易,背后是生命的脆弱。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

回响

审核员

审核员_Y

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PkkvYeBURc

相关推荐