未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

人类(还有乌贼)是怎么测量长度的

How People (And Squids) Measure Things

嗨 大家好 我是杰西 这里是sci show kids 儿童科学秀? 我。。。哦,等一下,我们有电话打入
Jessi: Hi guys, I’m Jessi, and this is SciShow Kids! I’m — oh wait, we have a call coming
它一定是巨无霸章鱼哥!
in! It must be The Giant Squid!
巨无霸章鱼哥:嗨,杰西
The Giant Squid: Hey Jessi!
杰西:嗨,章鱼哥!最近忙啥呢
Jessi: Hey, Squid! What are you up to?
章鱼哥 哦,我最近正想着拜访你和 squeak 呢,所以我看了看
TGS: Well, I was just thinking about coming to visit you and Squeak, so I looked at the
谷歌地图,发现你住在几乎3000英里外
Google Map, and it says that you guys live almost 3000 miles away.
杰西 是的,你说得对
Jessi: Yeah, that’s right.
章鱼哥 好的,但是,那么,英里是什么?
TGS: OK. But. So. What’s a mile?
杰西:哦,英里是一种测量单位。那是我所在的国家的人们
Jessi: Oh, well, a mile is unit of measurement. It’s how people in the country where I live
用来测量两点之间距离的方法
measure the distance between two points.
哦,你是说像千米那样吗?
TGS: Oh, you mean like a kilometer?
正是! 英里和千米都是测量距离的单位
Jessi: Exactly! A mile and a kilometer are both ways to measure distance.
那么,等等,怎么会有两种测量的单位呢
TGS: So, wait, how come there are two ways to measure the same thing?
事实上,英里和千米 是分别属于两种不同
Jessi: Well actually it’s because miles and kilometers are each part of two different
的测量系统
systems of measurement.
就像有很多不同的语言一样
It’s just like how there are different languages.
一些人说 hello你好,另一些人说 hola西班牙语?或者说 Bonjour 法语 来打招呼。他们都是用来问好的方式
Some people say “hello,” others say “hola” or “bonjour.” All of them are just ways
就像英里和千米都是来测量距离的单位罢了
to say hello, just like miles and kilometers are both ways to measure distance.
所以呢,就像这有不同的语言,不同的国家有不同的测量系统
So just like there are different languages, some countries have different systems of measurement.
在美国,我们使用帝国系统来测量距离
Here in the United States, we use what’s called the Imperial System, to measure distances
比如说英寸, 英尺,还有英里
in inches, feet and miles.
章鱼哥 唔,英尺(脚),听起来十分人性化,来测量距离嘛。
TGS: Hmm… “Feet” sounds like a pretty human-centric way to measure distance. What
对于在大洋中的我来说,我需要用 触手来衡量我的距离吗?
about me in the ocean: should I be measuring my distances in “tentacles?”
杰西 好吧,事实上,听起来你对于另一套测量系统十分熟悉嘛
Jessi: Well actually, it sounds like you’re already pretty familiar with the other major
它叫做 公制系统,也是国际系统
system of measurement. It’s called the Metric System, or International System. And if you
如果你用它来测量的话,那就是 分米,米,和千米
measure things that way, then distances are measured in centimeters, meters and kilometers.
章鱼哥 哦,好的,我知道了。这就是我妈妈在我长大后怎么打量我的
TGS: Oh yeah. I know those. That’s how my mom would measure me as I was growing up!
我是长高了一点吗
Or out.
杰西 说对了! 公制测量系统是最流行的测量系统了
Jessi: That’s right! The metric system is the most popular system of measurement, and
几乎在世界各个国家都在应用。集市它不是美国的官方测量系统
it’s used in almost every country on earth. And even though it’s not the official system
科学家和医生也经常使用它
of measurement in the United States, it’s often used by scientists and doctors.
你也可以在其他地方发现它的踪迹
And you can find it other places, too.
在商店,举个例子,如果你在超市看到一大瓶 苏打水
At the store, for example. If you get a big bottle of soda at the supermarket, it might
它也许是用两公升的瓶子装着的。公升是公制系统中用来衡量液体的
come in a 2 liter bottle. Liters are a way to measure liquid with the metric system.
但是如果你买 一小罐苏打,它包括十二盎司。盎司是
But if you get just a small can of soda, it contains 12 ounces. And ounces are a way to
我所在国家用来衡量液体的
measure the amount of liquid where I live.
章鱼哥 杰西,额,我觉得你不应该喝太多苏打水。它对于
TGS: Hey, uh, Jessi. I don’t think you should drink that much soda. It’s not good for
你不太好。你应该多喝水。我在水中,我总是在喝水呢
you. You should drink more water. I live in the water. I drink it all the time. It’s
水是很好的
great.
杰西 好主意。章鱼哥。现在你对于人们怎样衡量
Jessi: Good advice, Squid. Now that you’ve learned a little about how people measure
物体的方法有了解了。你会来拜访我们吗
things, are you going to come visit us?
章鱼哥 再说吧。。你那里的食物如何 有烤面包吗 肉桂面包?
TGS: It depends. What’s the food like there? Do you guys have toast? …cinnamon toast?
杰西 当然有了 欢迎你来 谢谢你和我们一起学习测量工具 我们下次再见
Jessi: Toast! Thanks for learning about units of measurement with us. See you next time!
章鱼哥 拜拜啦
TGS: Bye!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wMXvP5LiiU

相关推荐