未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

霓虹灯是怎样制造的

How Neon Lights Come to Life

自古以来光对人类来说有一种吸引力
There’s an inherent attractionto light and being human,
从更深的层次来讲
and I think on a verydeep psychological level,
光是一种我们可以感知的
light is this way in which we experience
隐藏在我们周围的一种能量
the energy surrounding usin a very personal manner.
我是马特 迪尔
My name is Matt Dilling.
我是极简霓虹灯研究工作室的创立者
I’m the the founder ofLite Brite Neon studio,
我们工作室制造 创作 修复
and we manufacture, produce, and restore
一些霓虹灯艺术作品
neon works of art and design.
[霓虹灯嘶嘶声]
(neon sizzling)
极简工作室中创意作品灵感
Origins of the creative content of a lot of the work
常在不经意间诞生
at Lite Brite comes from a variety of sources.
有时 就将灵感画在餐巾纸上
Sometimes people comewith a napkin sketch.
有时 将灵感刻在砖块上
Some people come with anAdobe Illustrator file.
我们有一个完整的设计团队
And we have a whole design team, who
一起工作
then we kind of work together to help create
设计出霓虹灯的大致的轮廓
layouts of what it might look like.
将它按比例放大后 用笔式绘图机制作一个纸模
Scale it up and create a paper template using a pen plotter.
纸模就是我们制作的参照
And that paper templateactually becomes our guide
我们会按照纸模形状弯曲霓虹灯
for what we’re going to bend the neon to.
将纸模从工作室带到卖玻璃的商铺
We take from the officeinto the glass shop.
挑选出尺寸 颜色
We pick out the right size tubing,
符合的玻璃管
with the right color, forthe right size project.
[开关发出咔嗒声]
(switches clicking)
[打火声]
(lighter flicking)
我们用这台机器加热玻璃管
From there, we heat up the glass tubing.
[火焰嘶嘶声]
(flame whooshing)
为了使它熔化
The torches heat the glasswell in excess of 1,000 degrees
我们用超过1000℃的高温加热玻璃管
in order for it to getinto its molten state.
我们会将玻璃管加热 并弯曲成图纸上的形状
We heat up and bend the glass tubing to match the template.
其中一种我们设计的吊灯 有超过100种弯曲处
One of our chandeliers hasover 100 different bends in it,
每个弯曲的玻璃管都需要被加热
so each one of those bends has to be marked for a heated-up bend.
我们也需要
We also have to allow the
使玻璃在弯曲时冷却
glass to cool between the bends
从而方便之后的工作
so that the next area can be worked
并可以将其中一些玻璃管
on and heated up
用特有的方式加热
in its own unique fashion.
它被弯曲成意大利面形
It turns into spaghetti, and then we
同时 我们要确保线条
have to make sure that that spaghetti lines
冷却成纸模的形状
back up and cools to the template.
将软管接在玻璃管上
We use a blow hose to
用嘴巴堵住软管另一端
connect our mouth to the tube
以此创造一个密封的环境
to create a volume that’s closed,
我们可以用嘴来控制管内压力大小
and we can control the pressure in there with our mouth.
在玻璃管制作过程中
There’s just a variety ofchallenges that come up
会出现很多挑战
inherently in working with glass.
玻璃会由于压力而破裂
Glass can crack due to stress,
有时会得到一批
and sometimes you’ll just have a batch
靠近火焰就破裂的玻璃
that all it wants to do when it gets near a torch is crack.
在我们弯曲多种部件以后
After we’ve bent various components,
我们需要
we have to go
使用交叉火焰或手持焊枪
in using the cross-fire or the hand torch,
把所有的零件焊接在一起
and actually weld all ofthose pieces together.
最后一步是将电焊条焊接到任一端
The last step on that is then to weld on electrodes onto either end.
每一个步骤都非常重要
Each one of those stepsis very, very specific.
我的灵感来源于我的经历
I draw inspiration from somany different experiences.
创新是一件难事
It’s hard to come up withone thing that’s particular,
但是我唯一能做的
but one of the ways that I really am able
就是将创意付诸实践
to connect with the creative is to float.
漂浮可以创造冥想的状态
Floating is a similarexperience to meditation,
放飞思想
to psychedelics.
去一间黑屋子里
Going into a blackened room
躺在温度适宜
and laying out in a body of water and salt
撒过盐的水上
that’s heated to your body temperature,
让外界的一切
and it allows for all sort
慢慢消散
of external stimulation to fall away,
你的思维世界开始活跃
and your internal worldreally begins to bubble up
并显露出来
and manifest.
你可以与自己的心灵沟通
You really get to experience a different relationship to your mind.
[火焰嘶嘶声]
(flames whooshing)
我选择制作霓虹灯 因为这项工作很难完成
I think I work with neon because I can’t not work with it.
它有着众多的挑战和丰厚的收获
It’s so challenging and so rewarding,
这东西太复杂了
and those things are so intertwined that there’s no way
我现在无法完全掌控它
of separating it out.
我需要学习
I have learned so much,
并从工作中加深对它的理解
and continue to learn so much by working with it.
这项工作完全吸引了我
I find so much inspirationin working with it,
我将一直尝试通过新的技术
and I just continue to experiencenew and different things
制造出新型霓虹灯
through the medium.
此时此刻 我相信已经基本掌握这项技术了
It’s that close to me at this point.
当霓虹灯完成时
Once the neon tube is completed,
我们要将它连接在压力调节器上
we have to hook it up to our manifold for bombarding.
打开机器 机器将管内抽成真空
The manifold is opened, a vacuum is drawn,
我们用磁暴线圈检查管子是否漏气
we check the tube for leaks with our Tesla coil,
我们将管子密封并卸下
we close the tube back off,
之后用一个很大 并且功率很高的变压器加热管子
and we heat it up using a very large and powerful transformer.
加热完毕后
As the tube is heated up,
管子中 除了惰性气体以外的东西都要排出
it releases anything that’s not inert inside the tube,
这些废物排尽后
and we evacuate that out.
我们将稀有气体充进去
We introduce the gas into it,
然后 把管子密封
and we seal the tube off,
并将气体充入的地方密封
sealing into that tube whatever gas we introduced into it.
我最喜欢的环节
I think my favorite part
是当我看到制作的霓虹灯第一次亮起的时候
of making a neon light is when I see it lit up for the first time.
不同的气体 通电时会发出不同波长的光线
Different gases, when electrified, emit different wavelengths of light.
氖气的颜色是亮橘色 火一般燃烧的颜色
Neon gas is this very brightorange, fiery red color.
氩气是热情的蓝色
Argon gas creates a very intense blue,
但是生产出的霓虹灯
but that light output that is produced
有时会呈现不一样的颜色
can then be expressed ina different wavelength
因为其内壁有时会涂上磷光层
by coating the inside of thetubes with a phosphor coating
这会使得充同一种气的霓虹灯
that takes that one wavelength of light
也呈现不同的颜色
and emits a different wavelength.
我们把成品放到专门的桌子上
We bring it over to the aging table,
接着把霓虹灯连接在专用变压器上
where we hook it up to an aging transformer
将它放好
and allow it to settle,
其中是我们已经通好的气体
age the gas in that we’ve introduced to it.
总会有小瑕疵
There’s always a strayparticle of something
出现在管子里 但当一切完成时
left inside the tube, but that time that the oxide coating
氧化物涂料
can act to scrub whateveris left inside the tube
便可以将这些小瑕疵掩盖
while things are gettingsettled into place.
[霓虹灯嗡嗡声]
(neon buzzing)
当管子准备就绪
Once the tubes are aged in,
我们开始装配
we move on to our process of assembling
将两个做好的同类型管子 同时放在模具里
two halves of the fixturetogether in a jig,
把管子中间相接的缝隙粘合
gluing up the center ofthe fixture to its spindle.
当粘合剂干了
Once the adhesive dried,
我们就将粘合好的霓虹灯
we would connect the wires from the fixture together
连在变压器上 通电 霓虹灯就亮起来了
into a transformer, and we turn on power, and it lights up.
我们喜欢这项工作的原因
Part of what we love about what we do here
是我们将我们想象中的东西
is that we try and put out into the world
呈现出来
the kind of things that we’d like to see.
当霓虹灯通电的瞬间 我的心情十分激动
I still am surprised when it lights up.
当看到它亮起来 我太兴奋了
I’m still excited when Iget to see it illuminated.
做霓虹灯带给我一种无以言表的快乐
There’s an ineffable quality to it.
对于我来说 这项工作 让我可以深入探求思维宇宙的奥秘
To me, it’s this insight into the inner workings of the universe.
我的话毫不夸张
It literally is.
这种体会 让我能留心身边事物
It’s a way of looking atwhat is surrounding us
并将它转变为我更多的霓虹灯作品
in the cosmos in a new light.
[叮叮声]
(tinkling)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

我们来跟随一个霓虹灯制造工作室,看一看五颜六色的霓虹灯是怎样制作出来的!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

wait!

审核员

审核员 W

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXZurF1MPL0

相关推荐