未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

拥有多少钱才会感觉到足够?一个关于墨西哥渔夫的故事

How Much Money Is Enough? The Story Of The Mexican Fisherman

好于昨天 一步一个脚印
Let me tell you one of my favorite stories.
告诉你一个我最喜欢的故事
It’s about an American businessman and a Mexican fisherman.
关于一个美国商人和一个墨西哥渔民
The story goes like this:
故事大概是这样的
An American businessman, who was severely overworked, visited his doctor.
一个严重超负荷工作的美国商人去看医生
The doctor told him that he’s stressing himself with his job too much,
医生告诉他 他工作太过劳累
and that he needs to take a break to reset himself.
他需要休息来恢复最佳状态
The businessman obliged
商人照做了
and the next week he took a vacation to a small coastal Mexican village.
下周便去了墨西哥海边的小村庄度假
However, on the very first morning,
然而 在度假的第一个早晨
he already got an urgent call from the office.
他就接到了办公室的紧急电话
Because he was stressed out and unable to fall back asleep,
因为压力过大睡不着觉
the businessman walked out to the pier to clear his head.
商人走到了码头想让自己清醒一下
A small boat with just one fisherman had docked,
一条载着渔夫的小船靠了岸
and inside the boat were several large yellowfin tuna.
船里有几条很大的黄鳍金枪鱼
The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish.
美国商人称赞墨西哥渔夫的鱼质量很好
“How long did it take you to catch them?” the American asked.
商人问 “你打这几条鱼用了多长时间?”
“Only a little while,” the Mexican replied in surprisingly good English.
渔夫操着很棒的英语回答说 “就一会功夫”
“Why don’t you stay out longer and catch more fish?” asked the American.
美国人又问 “你为什么不多花点时间打更多的鱼呢?”
“I have enough to support my family and give a few to friends,” the Mexican said
渔夫说 “这些足够养活我的家人 还可以给朋友一些”
as he unloaded them into a basket.
渔夫边说边将船上的鱼放入筐里
The American was visibly puzzled.
美国人感到很困惑
“But…”
“但是……”
“What do you do with the rest of your time?” asked the confused American.
美国人疑惑地问: “你其它时间都拿来做什么?”
The Mexican looked up and smiled.
渔夫看了一眼商人 微笑着说
“I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children,
“我每天睡到很晚 捕小会儿鱼 和孩子们玩耍
take a siesta with my wife, and stroll into the village every evening,
和妻子午休 每晚到村子里散步
where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos.”
跟朋友们一起喝点小酒 弹弹吉他”
“I have a full and busy life, senor.”
“我每天都过得充实而忙碌 先生”
The American laughed and stood tall.
商人站在那里笑着说
“Sir, I’m a Harvard M.B.A. and I can help you.”
“先生 我是哈佛大学的工商管理硕士 我可以帮你”
“You should spend more time fishing, and with the proceeds you would get from selling the
“你应该花更多时间捕鱼 然后通过卖鱼赚钱
fish, you could buy a bigger boat.”
你就可以买一条更大的船”
“In no time, you could buy several boats with the increased haul.”
“不用多久 你就能买几艘更大动力的船”
“Eventually, you would have a fleet of fishing boats.”
“最后 你就会拥有一支自己的捕鱼船队”
The American continued,
美国人继续说
“Instead of selling your catch to a middleman,
“你可以把你捕捞的鱼直接卖给消费者
you would sell directly to the consumers,
而不是中间商
eventually opening your own cannery.”
最后建成你自己的罐头食品厂”
“You would control the product, processing, and distribution.”
“这样你就能控制生产 加工 销售所有环节了”
“However you would need to leave this small coastal fishing village, of course,
“不过 你要离开这个小村庄
and move to Mexico City.”
搬去墨西哥城”
“Then to Los Angeles, and eventually to New York City,
“然后去洛杉矶 最后到纽约
where you could run your expanded enterprise with proper management.”
用正确的管理经营去壮大你的公司”
The Mexican fisherman asked, “But, senor, how long will all this take?”
渔夫问 “但是先生 这一共要花多长时间?”
To which the American replied, “15–20 years, 25 tops.”
美国人回答说 “15到20年 最多25年”
“But what then, senor?”
“但是 接下来呢 先生?”
The American laughed and said, “When the time is right, you would announce an IPO and
美国人笑着说 “等到时机成熟 你就可以发行股票
sell your company stock to the public and become very, very rich.”
把公司股票卖给公众 变得很富裕”
“You would make millions.”
“你将会成为百万富翁”
“Millions senor?”
“百万富翁 先生?”
“Then what?”
“那然后呢?”
“Now this is the best part.”
“最好的部分来了”
“You could finally retire and move to a small coastal fishing village.”
“你可以退休 然后移居到一个靠海的小村庄”
“There you would sleep late, fish a little,
“这样 你就可以在那里睡懒觉 钓钓鱼
play with your kids and take a siesta with your wife.”
陪孩子玩耍 和妻子小憩了”
“You could stroll into the village in the evenings
“你也可以每晚到村子里散散步
where you would sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos.”
和朋友喝点小酒 弹弹吉他”
Interesting story right?
很有意思的故事 对吧?
A lot of people want to make more money so they can live a better life.
很多人都想赚更多的钱 过更好的生活
They tell themselves: “Once I make enough money,
他们告诉自己 “只要我赚到足够的钱
then I’ll go live the life I want.”
我就去过自己想要的生活”
But that’s a mistake.
但这种想法是不对的
Living the life they want should be accomplished now, not later.
应该趁现在去过自己想要的生活 而不是以后
They spend the majority of their lives working,
人们用自己大部分的时间去工作
but along the way, they often forget what they’re working for.
但是在过程中 却忘记了他们工作是为了什么
They start to prioritize work and making more money without a reason,
人们不问原因地把工作和赚钱排在首位
and that’s a problem.
这就是问题所在
They just want to have more and more, with no apparent end goal.
人们只是想要更多 却没有一个明确的目标
The Mexican Fisherman story is here to remind you to take a step back,
渔夫的故事告诉我们 停下来 想一下
and think about what you’re actually working for, and what you already have.
你为了什么去努力工作 你已经拥有了什么
Every so often, you should reflect on and reevaluate your priorities.
要经常想一下 重新思考什么是你最想要的
There is more to life than just work and money after all.
毕竟 生活中还有比工作和金钱更重要的东西
Don’t get me wrong,
不要曲解我的意思
having money is a necessity, and working hard is a positive trait.
赚钱是必要的 努力工作也是积极向上的表现
But you shouldn’t blindly chase money just to have more of it.
但是 不应该盲目地追求赚更多的钱
I think it’s important to have a clear vision of what you’re working towards,
我认为有一个清晰的工作目标是很重要的
so that one day you’re actually able to say;
终有一天 你可以说
“I have enough and I don’t need more”.
“我已经拥有足够多了 不需要更多了”
Thanks for watching.
感谢您的观看
If you liked the story, share it someone who might benefit from it.
如果喜欢这个故事 把它分享给那些能从中获益的人
I want you all to become better than yesterday.
我希望你们都能够比过去更优秀

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

我们都太过忙碌于工作,沉迷于赚钱,却忘记我们想要的究竟是什么了。美国商人与墨西哥渔夫的故事,或许能够让我们找回最初的追求,让我们起看看,他们究竟经历了什么吧。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

小柴胡

审核员

审核员LJ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ungMrz7w0

相关推荐