ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

如何在监狱中学习 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何在监狱中学习

How I learned to read -- and trade stocks -- in prison | Curtis "Wall Street" Carroll

我14岁那年
I was 14 years old
潜入一家保龄球馆 偷了电子游戏机里的钱
inside of a bowling alley, burglarizing an arcade game,
就在走出球馆时
and upon exiting the building
一名保安抓住我的胳膊 我便开始逃跑
a security guard grabbed my arm, so I ran.
我沿着街道狂奔 然后跳上一个篱笆
I ran down the street, and I jumped on top of a fence.
跳到篱笆顶时
And when I got to the top,
书包里那三千个25美分硬币太重了
the weight of 3,000 quarters in my book bag
一下把我拽回了地上
pulled me back down to the ground.
当我回过神来
So when I came to,
那个保安已经站在我面前 他说:
the security guard was standing on top of me, and he said,
“小废物 下回偷点能背得动的东西!”
” Next time you little punks steal something you can carry.”
【笑声】
(Laughter)
我被带去了少管所
I was taken to juvenile hall
当我被放出来交给我妈时
and when I was releasedinto the custody of my mother,
我叔叔第一句话是 “你怎么被抓住了?”
the first words my uncle said was,”How’d you get caught?”
我说 “老兄 那书包实在太重了!”
I said,”Man, the book bag was too heavy.”
他说:“你不应该把所有硬币都拿走啊”
He said,”Man, you weren’t supposedto take all the quarters.”
我说:“钱太少了啊 我还能怎么办?”
I said,”Man, they were small.What am I supposed to do?”
10分钟后 他就带我去偷另一个游戏机里的钱
And 10 minutes later, he took me to burglarize another arcade game.
我们需要回家的汽油钱
We needed gas money to get home.
那就是我的生活
That was my life.
我在加州 奥克兰市长大
I grew up in Oakland, California,
我妈妈和家里亲戚
with my mother and members of my immediate family
都是可卡因瘾君子
addicted to crack cocaine.
我总是居无定所 有时住亲戚家 住朋友家
My environment consistedof living with family, friends,
甚至住流浪汉庇护所
and homeless shelters.
经常 要去救济食品队和施粥场领晚餐
Oftentimes, dinner was servedin breadlines and soup kitchens.
家里大人告诉我:
The big homey told me this:
金钱统治这个世界 和世上的一切
money rules the world and everything in it.
在这些街道上 金钱就是国王
And in these streets, money is king.
如果你跟着钱走
And if you follow the money,
它会把你引向好人或坏人
it’ll lead you to the bad guy or the good guy.
不久之后 我便犯下了第一次罪
Soon after, I committed my first crime,
那是第一次
and it was the first time
有人告诉我 我有潜力
that I was told that I had potential
并让我感觉到他人的信任
and felt like somebody believed in me.
没有人告诉过我 我可以成为一名律师
Nobody ever told methat I could be a lawyer,
医生或是工程师
doctor or engineer.
我是说 我怎么可能做得到?
I mean, how was I supposed to do that?
我不会阅读 不会写字也不会拼写
I couldn’t read, write or spell.
我就是个文盲
I was illiterate.
所以我一直认为 犯罪就是我唯一的出路
So I always thoughtcrime was my way to go.
然后有一天 我在和某人聊天
And then one day I was talking to somebody
他跟我可以干一票抢劫
and he was telling me about this robbery that we could do.
于是我们去抢了
And we did it.
现实就是我成长于
The reality was that I was growing up
世界上最强大的金融国家
in the strongest financial nation in the world,
——美利坚合众国
the United States of America,
却眼睁睁看着我妈在
while I watched my mother
血库门前排队卖血
stand in line at a blood bank
换来那40美元 只为了不让孩子饿肚子
to sell her blood for 40 dollars just to try to feed her kids.
那时候留下的针孔疤痕
She still has the needle marks
依然在她手臂上清晰可见
on her arms to day to show for that.
所以我从来不关心我的社区
So I never cared about my community.
他们都没有在乎过我的生活
They didn’t care about my life.
每个人都在做各自的事
Everybody there was doing what they
来换取他们想要的东西
were doing to take what they wanted,
毒贩 强盗 血库都是这样
the drug dealers,the robbers, the blood bank.
每个人都在赚血腥钱
Everybody was taking blood money.
所以我也用尽一切手段去赚钱
So I got mine by any means necessary.
我也赚我的血腥钱
I got mine.
金钱确实在统治着这个世界
Financial literacyreally did rule the world,
而我只是个跟随着坏人 受金钱支配的小孩
and I was a child slave to it following the bad guy.
17岁时 我因抢劫和谋杀被捕
At 17 years old, I was arrestedfor robbery and murder
我很快发现 金钱在监狱里
and I soon learned that finances in prison rule more
比在街头还要有统治力
than they did on the streets,
所以我也想要钱
so I wanted in.
有一天
One day, I rushed to
我急着去拿体育版报纸
grab the sports page of the newspaper
好让我的牢友念给我听
so my cellie could read it to me,
可我不小心拿到了商业版
and I accidentally picked up the business section.
有个老头儿说:“嘿 年轻人 你玩股票吗?”
And this old man said,”Hey youngster, you pick stocks?”
我问:“股票是什么?”
And I said,”What’s that?”
他说:“白人把所有钱都放在那儿 ”
He said,”That’s the placewhere white folks keep all their money.”
【笑声】
(Laughter)
那是我第一次
And it was the first time
看到希望的一束微光 看到未来
that I saw a glimpse of hope, a future.
他给我简要描述了一下什么是股票
He gave me this brief descriptionof what stocks were,
但那也只是一束微光
but it was just a glimpse.
我的意思是 我到底该怎么做?
I mean, how was I supposed to do it?
我不会阅读 写作和拼写
I couldn’t read, write or spell.
平日里试图隐藏自己是文盲的各种小伎俩
The skills that I had developedto hide my illiteracy
此时压根就派不上用场
no longer worked in this environment.
我就像被困在笼中一样 如同捕食者的猎物
I was trapped in a cage,prey among predators,
拼命地争取我从未有过的自由
fighting for freedom I never had.
我迷失了 疲惫着
I was lost, tired,
我已经无路可走
and I was out of options.
所以在20岁的时候
So at 20 years old,
我做了我一生中最困难的一件事
I did the hardest thing I’d ever done in my life.
我拿起了一本书
I picked up a book,
那是我一生中最痛苦的时刻
and it was the most agonizing time of my life,
不光要学习阅读 还得忍受家里人和兄弟的排挤
trying to learn how to read, the ostracizing from my family, the homeys.
这真的很艰难 朋友们
It was rough, man.
这是一个艰难的挑战
It was a struggle.
但我却不知道
But little did I know I was receiving
我收到了梦寐以求的最棒的礼物:
the greatest gifts I had ever dreamed of:
自尊 知识 自律
self-worth, knowledge, discipline.
我是如此的痴迷于阅读
I was so excited to be reading
所有能拿到的东西我都要去读一读:
that I read everything I could get my hands on:
糖果包装 衣服标牌 路标 所有东西
candy wrappers, clothing logos,street signs, everything.
我就是一直不停地阅读!
I was just reading stuff!
【掌声】
(Applause)
我不停地读
Just reading stuff.
能学会如何阅读和拼写 我实在太高兴了
I was so excited to know how to read and know how to spell.
有个哥们过来问我:“嘿 你在吃什么?”
The homey came up, said,”Man, what you eating?”
我说 “C-A-N-D-Y 糖果”
I said,”C-A-N-D-Y, candy.”
【笑声】
(Laughter)
他说:“让我吃点 ” 我说 “N-O 不行”
He said,”Let me get some.”I said,”N-O. No.”
【笑声】
(Laughter)
这太棒了
It was awesome.
我是说 我长那么大第一次能阅读
I mean, I can actually now for the first time in my life read.
这样的感觉是无与伦比的
The feeling that I gotfrom it was amazing.
然后22岁时 我感觉
And then at 22, feeling myself,
我感觉很自信 我想起那老头儿对我说的话
feeling confident, I remembered what the OG told me.
所以我拿起报纸的商业版
So I picked up the business sectionof the newspaper.
我想找找这些有钱的白人
I wanted to find these rich white folks.
【笑声】
(Laughter)
所以我开始寻找那抹希望的光
So I looked for that glimpse.
随着我事业的发展
As I furthered my career
——教别人怎么理财和投资
in teaching others how to financially manage money and invest,
我很快意识到 我必须对自己的行为负责
I soon learned that I had to take responsibility for my own actions.
没错 我在一个非常复杂的环境中长大
True, I grew upin a very complex environment,
但是犯罪这条路是我自己选的
but I chose to commit crimes,
我必须承认这一点
and I had to own up to that.
我必须为之负责 我也确实是这样做的
I had to take responsibilityfor that, and I did.
我开发了一系列课程 教会犯人们
I was building a curriculumthat could teach incarcerated men
如何通过监狱工作理财
how to manage moneythrough prison employments.
正确安排我们的生活方式 能帮助我们理财
Properly managing our lifestylewould provide transferrable tools
当我们出狱时
that we can use to manage moneywhen we reenter society,
就能像大多数未犯罪的人一样合理理财了
like the majority of people didwho didn’t commit crimes.
然后我发现 根据《交易时间网》调查显示
Then I discovered that according to MarketWatch,
60%以上的美国人
over 60 percent of the American population
存款不足1000美元
has under 1,000 dollars in savings.
《体育画报》表明 60%以上的NBA运动员
Sports Illustrated said thatover 60 percent of NBA players
以及NFL球员都破产了
and NFL players go broke.
40%的婚姻问题都来自财务问题
40 percent of marital problemsderive from financial issues.
什么鬼?
What the hell?
【笑声】
(Laughter)
你是告诉我 人们工作了一辈子
You mean to tell methat people worked their whole lives,
买汽车 衣服 房子还有各种材料等等
buying cars, clothes,homes and material stuff
但是每个月都花光光?
but were living check to check?
社会上的那些人
How in the world were members
如果连自己的事务都管理不好
of society going to help incarcerated individuals
还谈何帮助犯人重回社会?
back into society if they couldn’t manage they own stuff?
我们完蛋了啊!
We screwed.
【笑声】
(Laughter)
我需要一个更好的计划
I needed a better plan.
现在这样可不行
This is not going to work out too well.
所以……我想
So… I thought.
我现在有义务去见见这些即将出狱的人
I now had an obligationto meet those on the path
并帮助他们 这很疯狂 因为我现在开始关心我的社区
and help, and it was crazy because I now cared about my community.
哇 想象一下 我居然关心我的社区了
Wow, imagine that.I cared about my community.
不懂理财是一种疾病
Financial illiteracy is a disease
它让我们社会中的弱势群体和底层社会
that has crippled minoritiesand the lower class in our society
一代又一代地陷入困境
for generations and generations,
我们应该对此感到愤怒
and we should be furious about that.
问问你自己:经济如此繁荣的美国
Ask yourselves this: How can 50 percentof the American population
怎么会有50%的人民不懂理财?
be financially illiterate in a nationdriven by financial prosperity?
我们的司法公正 我们的社会地位
Our access to justice, our social status,
生活条件 交通和食物都依赖于金钱
living conditions, transportation and food
可大多数人根本不懂理财
are all dependent on moneythat most people can’t manage.
这太疯狂了!
It’s crazy!
这就是一场流行病 它对公共安全的危害比
It’s an epidemic and a bigger danger to public safety
其他任何问题都大
than any other issue.
根据加州惩教部的统计
According to the CaliforniaDepartment of Corrections,
70%以上的犯人
over 70 percent of those incarcerated
所犯下的或被控犯的罪行都与金钱有关:
have committed or have been chargedwith money-related crimes:
抢劫 入室盗窃 诈骗
robberies, burglaries,fraud,
盗窃 勒索等等
larceny, extortion — and the list goes on.
让我们看看这个:一个普通的犯人
Check this out: a typical incarcerated person
没有接受任何的理财教育
would enter the California prison system
进入加州监狱后 挣着30美分的时薪
with no financial education, earn 30 cents an hour,
一整年也才800美元
over 800 dollars a year,
没有实际开支也存不了钱
with no real expenses and save no money.
假释以后
Upon his parole,
他能拿到200美元 并被警告一番
he will be given 200 dollars gate money and told,
“嘿 祝你好运 别惹事 别又回到监狱里”
“Hey, good luck, stay out of trouble.Don’t come back to prison.”
没有实质的准备或是长远的理财计划
With no meaningful preparationor long-term financial plan,
他能做什么?
what does he do…?
到了60岁呢?
At 60?
找个好工作
Get a good job,
或是干起犯罪的老本行
or go back to the very criminal behavior
然后再次锒铛入狱?
that led him to prison in the first place?
你们是纳税人 你们可以选择
You taxpayers, you choose.
可他的教育可能已经决定了他的未来
Well, his educationalready chose for him, probably.
那我们该怎样解决这种弊病呢?
So how do we cure this disease?
我合资创办了一个项目:金融赋权情感素养
I cofounded a program that we call Financial EmpowermentEmotional Literacy.
简称为FEEL
We call it FEEL,
它能教你如何在投资上保持理性
and it teaches how do you separate your emotional decisions
而不是感情用事
from your financial decisions,
以及个人理财的四大法则
and the four timeless rules to personal finance:
合理存款 控制生活开销
the proper way to save, control your cost of living,
有效借贷以及分散投资
borrow money effectively and diversify your finances
让你的钱为你工作
by allowing your money to work for you
而不是你为钱工作
instead of you working for it.
犯人出狱前需要学习这样技能
Incarcerated people need these life skillsbefore we reenter society.
否则就不能叫改造成功
You can’t have full rehabilitationwithout these life skills.
有些人说只有专家才能投资和理财
This idea that only professionalscan invest and manage money
这完全是荒谬的
is absolutely ridiculous,
这些人是在撒谎
and whoever told you that is lying.
【掌声】
(Applause)
专家就是
A professional is a person
最了解某个领域的人
who knows his craft better than most,
可没有人比你更清楚你自己
and nobody knows how much money you need,
要多少钱 有多少钱 挣多少钱
have or want better than you,
也就是说 你自己就是专家
which means you are the professional.
女士们先生们 理财并不是一项技能
Financial literacy is not a skill,ladies and gentlemen.
它是一个生活习惯
It’s a lifestyle.
保持良好的生活方式 财政自然会保持稳定
Financial stability is a byproductof a proper lifestyle.
一个犯人也能成为一位纳税公民
A financially sound incarcerated personcan become a taxpaying citizen,
金融稳定的公民则继续保持
and a financially soundtaxpaying citizen can remain one.
这让我们能跟
This allows us to create a bridge
受我们影响的人间架起一座桥梁
between those people who we influence:
比如:家人 朋友还有那些
family, friends and those young people
依然觉得犯罪与金钱
who still believethat crime and money are related.
所以 让我们别再害怕和担心
So let’s lose the fear and anxiety
那些关于金融的大话
of all the big financial words and all
还有那些你在外面听到的无稽之谈
that other nonsense that you’ve been out there hearing.
让我们看看到底是什么
And let’s get to the heart
让我们的社会陷入困境
of what’s been crippling our society
并阻碍我们努力成为更好的生活管理者
from taking care of your responsibilityto be better life managers.
让我们用这样一个简单易用的课程
And let’s provide a simpleand easy to use curriculum
来告诉你们
that gets to the heart, the heart of
金融赋权和情感素养的核心到底是什么
what financial empowermentand emotional literacy really is.
如果你现在就坐在观众席里 说:
Now, if you’re sitting out here in the audience and you said,
“噢 我不会这样 我不买这样的课”
“Oh yeah, well, that ain’t meand I don’t buy it,”
那你可以来听听我的课
then come take my class —
【笑声】
(Laughter)
然后我能告诉你
so I can show you
每次冲动行为会给你带来多少金钱损失
how much money it costs you every time you get emotional.
【掌声】
(Applause)
非常感谢你们 谢谢
Thank you very much. Thank you.
【掌声】
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

讲述了Curtis Carroll怎么从文盲囚犯学习成长为成功人士的励志演讲

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

加泰罗尼亚的小铁匠

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F89eycANUrQ

相关推荐