未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)

看我如何做到屏气17分钟

How I held my breath for 17 minutes | David Blaine

作为一个魔术师
As a magician,
我尝试着制造出引人深思的画面
I try to create images that make people stop and think.
我也努力尝试过
I also try to challenge myself to do things
做医生认为不可能的事情
that doctors say are not possible.
我曾在纽约把自己活埋在棺材里
I was buried alivein New York City in a coffin,
1999年4月我在棺材里整整生活了一周
buried alive in a coffinin April, 1999, for a week.
期间我仅靠饮水维持生命
I lived there with nothing but water.
这是一段非常愉快的经历
And it ended up being so much fun
因此我决定挑战更多类似的事情
that I decided I could pursuedoing more of these things.
接下来还是在纽约
The next one is
我把自己封进了一大块冰里
I froze myself in a block of ice
度过三天三夜
for three days and three nightsin New York City.
那次比我想象的要艰难很多
That one was way more difficultthan I had expected.
在那以后
The one after that,
我在三十米高的柱子上
I stood on top of a hundred-foot pillar
保持站立长达36个小时
for 36 hours.
以至于最后我产生了幻觉
I began to hallucinate so hard
把身后的建筑看成了一个巨大的动物脑袋
that the buildings that were behind me started to look like big animal heads. So,
后来我去了伦敦
next I went to London.
在伦敦 我在一个玻璃柜盒里度过了44天
In London I livedin a glass box for 44 days
只靠饮水维持生命
with nothing but water.
这对我来说
It was, for me,
是我做过最难的一件事情
one of the most difficult things I’d ever done,
但又是那么的美好
but it was also the most beautiful.
我受到许多人的质疑 特别是伦敦的媒体
There was so many skeptics,especially the press in London,
他们用直升机带着芝士汉堡在盒子周围诱惑我
that they started flying cheeseburgers on helicopters around my box to tempt me.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
所以当新英格兰医学杂志特别刊文
So, I felt very validated
将之称为科学探索时
when the New England Journal of Medicine actually used
我感觉我的行为得到了肯定
the research for science.
我下一个追求的计划是
My next pursuit was I wanted to see
我最长能多久不呼吸
how long I could go without breathing,
也就是不借助外物包括空气 我能活多久
like how long I could survivewith nothing, not even air.
那时我意料不到
I didn’t realize
这个决定开启了我人生中最美妙的旅程
that it would become the most amazing journey of my life.
作为一名少年魔术师我非常崇拜霍迪尼和他的水下挑战
As a young magician, I was obsessed with Houdini and his underwater challenges. So,
所以 我很早就开始和其他小孩比赛
I began, early on,competing against the other kids,
看看我能在水下待多久
seeing how long I could stay underwater
当其他小孩上下来回换气
while they went up and down to breathe,
多达五次后 我第一次憋气仍然在继续
you know, five times,while I stayed under on one breath.
在我还是青年之时
By the time I was a teenager,
我就能屏住呼吸大约3分30秒
I was able to hold my breath for three minutes and 30 seconds.
后来我发现 那就是霍迪尼的个人记录
I would later find outthat was Houdini’s personal record.
1987年的时候我听过一个故事
In 1987 I heard of a story
讲述了一个男孩掉进河里被困冰层下面
about a boy that fell through ice and was trapped under a river.
他沉在下面45分钟没有呼吸空气
He was underneath,not breathing for 45 minutes.
当救援人员把他救上来
When the rescue workers came,
心肺功能复苏后 发现他大脑居然没有受损
they resuscitated him and there was no brain damage.
他的体核温度已经降到25摄氏度
His core temperaturehad dropped to 77 degrees.
身为一个魔术师 我认为万事皆有可能
As a magician,I think everything is possible.
而且我认为 有些事有些人能做
And I think if somethingis done by one person,
另一些人也应该能做到
it can be done by others.
我开始思考
I started to think,
如果那个男孩这么久不呼吸都还能存活
if the boy could survive without breathing for that long,
那么我也一定能够做到
there must be a way that I could do it. So,
所以 我咨询了一个著名神经外科医生
I met with a top neurosurgeon.
我问他
And I asked him,
不呼吸空气人的极限时间是多长
how long is it possible to go without breathing,
我能多久不呼吸空气?
like how long could I go without air?
然后他告诉我只要超过六分钟
And he said to me that anythingover six minutes
缺氧就会让你面临大脑损伤的巨大风险
you have a serious riskof hypoxic brain damage. So,
因此 我把他的话当作了我挑战的目标
I took that as a challenge, basically.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
第一次尝试时 我想模仿男孩当时的环境
My first try, I figuredthat I could do something similar,
于是我弄了一个水缸
and I created a water tank,
里面装满了冰块还有冰水
and I filled it with iceand freezing cold water.
然后我就待在水缸里面
And I stayed inside of that water tank
希望我的体核温度能够开始下降
hoping my core temperaturewould start to drop.
我当时一直在颤抖
And I was shivering.
我首次尝试屏住我的呼吸
In my first attempt to hold my breath,
我居然不能坚持到一分钟
I couldn’t even last a minute. So,
我就意识到这根本行不通
I realized that was completelynot going to work.
我又去咨询我的医生朋友
I went to talk to a doctor friend —
当我问他:“到底怎样我才能做到?”
and I asked him,”How could I do that?”
“我想屏住呼吸好长一段时间
“I want to hold my breath for a reallylong time.
这怎样才能实现?”
How could it be done?”
然后他说 “戴维 你是一个魔术师
And he said,”David, you’re a magician,
创造不去呼吸的假象 这样更容易做到”
create the illusion of not breathing,it will be much easier.”
(笑声) 所以
(Laughter) So,
他提出了换气器的主意
he came up with this ideaof creating a rebreather,
利用二氧化碳洗涤器
with a CO2 scrubber,
这款家得宝公司生产的机器
which was basicallya tube from Home Depot,
附加一个气球后制作成型
with a balloon duct-taped to it,
然后他想着这能够放在我的体内
that he thought we could put inside of me,
有了这个东西在我体内
and somehow be able to
我就可以神不知鬼不觉地换气
circulate the air and rebreathe with this thing in me.
看起来有点惨
This is a little hard to watch.
不过我确实是这么尝试的
But this is that attempt. So,
好吧 显然这次尝试失败了
that clearly wasn’t going to work.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
然后我就开始想着液体呼吸法
Then I actually started thinkingabout liquid breathing.
这有名叫全润滑剂的化学用品
There is a chemicalthat’s called perflubron.
它有着极高的含氧量
And it’s so high in oxygen levels
理论上你可以靠它去呼吸
that in theory you could breathe it. So,
我就找到了这个化学用品
I got my hands on that chemical,
把它装满在水缸里
filled the sink up with it,
然后把我的脸埋进去
and stuck my face in the sink
尝试着在里面呼吸 但这真的不太可能
and tried to breathe that in,which was really impossible.
就像一个医生说的 这样呼吸的难度
It’s basically like tryingto breathe, as a doctor said,
就像胸腔被一只大象压住了一般
while having an elephantstanding on your chest. So,
所以这个主意也失败了
that idea disappeared.
然后我又开始想
Then I started thinking,
有没有可能连上心肺旁路机
would it be possible to hook upa heart/lung bypass machine
就像做手术那样
and have a surgery where it
有个管子连接动脉
was a tube going into my artery,
那么就能不呼吸而直接给血液交换氧气
and then appear to not breathe while they were oxygenating my blood?
这明显又是另一个疯狂的想法
Which was another insane idea, obviously.
然后我想到了所有点子里最为疯狂的那一个
Then I thought aboutthe craziest idea of all the ideas:
真正地长时间屏住呼吸
to actually do it.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
为了能让闭气时间
To actually try to holdmy breath past the point
突破医生说的可能导致脑损伤的时长
that doctors wouldconsider you brain dead. So,
我开始研究潜水采珠人
I started researchinginto pearl divers.
因为他们一次换气可以在水下长达四分钟
You know, because they go down for four minutes on one breath.
在我研究之时 我发现了自由潜水的奥妙
And when I was researching pearl divers, I found the world of free-diving.
这是我发现的最有意思的事情
It was the most amazing thing that I ever discovered, pretty much.
自由潜水有很多不同的方式
There is many differentaspects to free-diving.
有尽可能深潜以创纪录的潜水方式
There is depth records, where people go as deep as they can.
也有静态屏气的方式
And then there is static apnea.
就是尽可能长地屏住你的呼吸
That’s holding your breathas long as you can
而身体不需要移动
in one place without moving.
我研究的就是后面这种
That was the one that I studied.
首先
The first thing
我发现 当你屏住呼吸的时候
that I learned is when you’re holding your breath,
你应该一动不动 否则这会消耗你的能量
you should never move at all;that wastes energy.
耗尽你的氧气的同时
And that depletes oxygen,
让你的血液产生二氧化碳
and it builds up CO2 in your blood. So,
所以 我明白了屏气时千万别移动
I learned never to move.
然后我学会了如何放慢自己的心跳速率
And I learned how to slowmy heart rate down.
我得完全静止并放松身体
I had to remainperfectly still and just relax
然后想着我体内空无一物 只专注于屏气
and think that I wasn’t in my body, and just control that.
然后我学会了净化肺部
And then I learned how to purge.
净化肺部就是使劲换气
Purging is basically hyperventilating.
你吸进呼出
You blow in and out —
(大声的呼吸)
(Breathing loudly)
你这样做就会头昏眼花并感到疼痛
You do that, you get lightheaded,you get tingling.
这样就能净化掉二氧化碳了
And you’re really riddingyour body of CO2. So,
当你屏住呼吸时 就会非常轻松
when you hold your breath,it’s infinitely easier.
然后 我学着必须先猛吸一口气
Then I learned that you haveto take a huge breath,
接着屏气 放松 不要泄气
and just hold and relaxand never let any air out,
保持住并忍住所有的疼痛
and just hold and relaxthrough all the pain.
长达几个月训练期间 我每天早上
Every morning, this is for months,
醒来的第一件事
I would wake up and the first thing
就是
that I would do
试着调整我的呼吸
is I would hold my breath for,
达52分钟
out of 52 minutes,
其中44分钟屏住呼吸
I would hold my breath for 44 minutes. So,
所以我必须采用净化的呼吸方式
basically what that meansis I would purge,
用1分钟时间尽力吸气
I’d breathe really hard for a minute.
紧接着马上憋住气约5分半钟
And I would hold, immediately after, for five and a half minutes.
接下来的1分钟又吸气
Then I would breathe again for a minute,
尽可能的净化肺部
purging as hard as I can,
又接着马上憋气5分半钟
then immediately after that I would hold again for five and a half minutes.
我会连续重复这个过程8次
I would repeat this processeight times in a row.
达52分钟 这样你才呼吸了8分钟
Out of 52 minutes, you’re onlybreathing for eight minutes.
最后你会感觉你的大脑被榨干一样
At the end of thatyou’re completely fried, your brain.
你会感觉头晕眼花
You feel like you’re walkingaround in a daze.
然后头痛
And you have these awful headaches. Basically,
当然 在长时间屏气这方面
I’m not the best person
我并不是做得最好的那个
to talk to when I’m doing that stuff.
我开始了解到当时的世界纪录保持者
I started learningabout the world-record holder.
名叫汤姆·赛特斯
His name is Tom Sietas.
这家伙好像就是为屏气而生的一样
And this guy is perfectly builtfor holding his breath.
他身高1.95米 重73kg
He’s six foot four. He’s 160 pounds.
肺活量是普通人的两倍
And his total lung capacity is twice the size of an average person.
我身高1.85米 又胖
I’m six foot one, and fat.
就是人们说的大块头
We’ll say big-boned.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
我必须得在三个月内瘦下来22kg
I had to drop 50 pounds in three months. So,
所以我吃所有东西都像吃药一样严格控制
everything that I put into my body, I considered as medicine.
根据营养含量来明确用量
Every bit of food was exactly what it was for its nutritional value.
每天我都很有节制地少量进食
I ate really small controlled portionsthroughout the day.
于是我开始真正瘦了下来
And I started to really adapt my body.
[不同效果视个人情况]
[Individual results may vary]
(笑声)
(Laughter)
我越瘦 我能憋气的时间就越长
The thinner I was, the longer I was able to hold my breath.
通过规律进食还有高强度训练
And by eating so welland training so hard,
我的静息心率减至每分钟38次
my resting heart-rate droppedto 38 beats per minute.
比大多数奥林匹克运动员还低
Which is lower than most Olympic athletes.
经过四个月训练以后
In four months of training,
我已经可以屏气超过7分钟
I was able to hold my breath for over seven minutes.
我想要在任何环境下长时间屏气
I wanted to try holdingmy breath everywhere.
想着在极端环境下屏气时
I wanted to try itin the most extreme situations
看看我的心率能不能强制降低
to see if I could slow my heart rate down under duress.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
我决心要打破世界纪录
I decided that I was goingto break the world record
并在黄金时段电视节目直播
live on prime-time television.
世界纪录是8分58秒
The world record waseight minutes and 58 seconds,
保持者是汤姆·赛特斯
held by Tom Sietas,
这哥们我刚刚讲到他有着巨肺
that guy with the whale lungs I told you about.
我的计划是
I assumed that I could put
在林肯中心放一个水缸
a water tank at Lincoln Center
在里面待上一周不进食
and if I stayed there a week not eating,
我就会慢慢地适应
I would get comfortable
那个环境并减缓新陈代谢
in that situation and I would slow my metabolism,
我认为这样能助于屏气更久
which I was sure would help mehold my breath
打破我的极限
longer than I had been able to do it.
但是我完全错了
I was completely wrong.
我在冲击纪录日前一周就进入球中
I entered the sphere a weekbefore the scheduled air date.
一切看起来步入了正轨
And I thought everythingseemed to be on track.
在冲击记录日的两天前
Two days before my bigbreath-hold attempt, for the record,
电视节目制片人想如果只是看着某个人在屏气
the producers of my television special thought that just watching somebody holding their breath,
还快淹死了
and almost drowning,
这样的节目未免太过枯燥
is too boring for television.
(笑声)
(Laughter) So,
所以 我得拷上手铐
I had to add handcuffs,
屏气时还得表演逃脱
while holding my breath, to escape from.
这是一个致命的错误
This was a critical mistake.
因为这样做我会消耗氧气
Because of the movement,I was wasting oxygen.
7分钟后我开始剧烈抽搐
And by seven minutes I had goneinto these awful convulsions.
7分08秒后 我就已经坚持不住了
By 7:08, I started to black out.
7分半后
And by seven minutes and 30 seconds,
他们把我的身体拖出来 让我恢复了呼吸
they had to pull my body outand bring me back.
我失败得很彻底
I had failed on every level.
(笑声)
(Laughter) So,
所以 为了走出低谷
naturally, the only way out
我自然而然想到的办法
of the slump that I could think of was,
就是去找奥普拉
I decided to call Oprah.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
我告诉她我想
I told her that I wanted to
加大赌注 创造持续时间最长的屏气世界纪录
up the ante and hold my breath longer than any human being ever had.
这个纪录有别于之前纪录
This was a different record.
它是最久纯氧静态屏气世界纪录
This was a pure O2 static apnea record
吉尼斯世界纪录是13分钟
that Guinness had setthe world record at 13 minutes. So,
首先你吸入纯氧气
basically you breathe pure O2 first,
用氧气充分交换出你身体里的二氧化碳
oxygenating your body, flushing out CO2,
这样可以憋更久气
and you are able to hold much longer.
这时我意识到我真正的对手是海狸
I realized that my real competitionwas the beaver.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
(笑声结束)
(Laughter ends)
08年1月奥普拉给了我四个月的时间做准备训练
In January of’08, Oprah gave me four months to prepare and train. So,
每晚我都睡在一个含氧量很低的帐篷里
I would sleepin a hypoxic tent every night.
这个帐篷模仿的是4500米高度的低含氧量
A hypoxic tent is a tent that simulates altitude at 15,000 feet. So,
就像珠穆朗玛峰上的大本营
it’s like base camp, Everest.
这样做是为了
What that does is,
让你身体里的红细胞数目开始增长
you start building up the red bloodcell count in your body,
这样能更好的帮助你血液携氧
which helps you carry oxygen better.
每当早上走出帐篷
Every morning, again,after getting out of that tent,
你的大脑将近精疲力尽
your brain is completely wiped out.
我第一次尝试纯氧
My first attempt on pure O2,
我就能达到15分钟了
I was able to go up to 15 minutes. So,
这相当成功
it was a pretty big success.
我的神经外科医生将我从水里拖出来
The neurosurgeonpulled me out of the water
因为他觉得
because in his mind,
15分钟已经是你大脑的极限了 你会脑死亡的
at 15 minutes your brain is done, you’re brain dead. So,
所以他将我拉出来 我一切安好
he pulled me up, and I was fine.
不过 有一个人对此一点也不感兴趣
There was one person therethat was definitely not impressed.
就是我的前女友
It was my ex-girlfriend.
当我第一次在水下打破记录时
While I was breaking the recordunderwater for the first time,
她却在看我的黑莓手机里的短信息
she was sifting through my Blackberry,checking all my messages.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
我兄弟当时还给她拍了张照片 这真的是……
My brother had a picture of it.It is really —
(笑声)
(Laughter)
(笑声结束)
(Laughter ends)
然后我向大家宣布
I then announced that I was going to go
我要去打破赛特斯的记录
for Sietas’ record, publicly.
随后他做的回应是
And what he did in response,
又在瑞迪森中心
is he went on Regis and Kelly,
打破他以前的记录
and broke his old record.
然后他主要的对手打破了他的记录
Then his main competitorwent out and broke his record. So,
所以 他们一下子把记录刷新到16分32秒了
he suddenly pushed the record up to 16 minutes and 32 seconds.
比我原先打算创的记录长3分钟
Which was three minuteslonger than I had prepared.
也改写了原来的记录时长
It was longer than the record.
随后 我想让《科学时报》给我的行为做个见证
I wanted to get the Science Timesto document this.
我想让他们出一篇文章
I wanted to get them to do a piece on it. So,
所以 我做了任何
I did what any person
严谨追求科学进步的人都会做的事
seriously pursuing scientificadvancement would do.
我去了《纽约时报》办公室给他们耍了点魔术
I walked into the New York Times offices and did card tricks to everybody.
(笑声)
(Laughter) So,
所以 我不知道
I don’t know
在开曼群岛这些算不算魔术或把戏
if it was the magic or the lure of the Cayman Islands,
但是约翰·提尔内感兴趣并刊发了一篇关于屏气的文章
but John Tierney flew down and did a piece on the seriousness of breath-holding.
当他在那里的时候我当然试图给他留下深刻的印象
While he was there,I tried to impress him, of course.
于是我下潜了50米深
And I did a dive down to 160 feet,
这基本上就是一幢16层高楼的高度
which is basically the heightof a 16 story building,
不过当我游上来的时候 我在水下昏倒了
and as I was coming up,I blacked out underwater,
万一溺水了就相当危险了
which is really dangerous;that’s how you drown. Luckily,
幸运的是 柯克看见后游过来把我拽出了水面
Kirk had seen me and he swam over and pulled me up. So,
因此 我开始集中精力
I started full focus.
全身心地投入到延长屏气时间的训练之中
I completely trained to getmy breath-hold time up
为接下来的破纪录做准备
for what I needed to do.
但我真的没办法
But there was no way to prepare
为奥普拉的直播节目
for the live television aspect of it,
做准备
being on Oprah.
因为在训练时 我会把我的脸朝下
But in practice, I would do it face down,
浮在水面上
floating on the pool.
但是直播时 节目方想让我
But for TV they wanted me to be
直立起来 这样他们就能看见我的脸了
upright so they could see my face, basically.
另一个问题是 我穿的衣服浮力太大
The other problemwas the suit was so buoyant
所以他们得固定住我的脚不让我浮起来
that they had to strap my feet in to keep me from floating up. So,
我必须得借助我的腿
I had to use my legs
放进并且勾住比较松的绳套
to hold my feet into the straps that were loose,
这个问题真的困扰了我
which was a real problem for me.
让我极度恐慌 心跳加速
That made me extremely nervous,raising the heart rate. Then,
然后他们还做了以前从未有的一件事
what they also did was, which we never did before,
使用了心率监测器
is there was a heart-rate monitor.
它就放在水球的旁边
And it was right next to the sphere. So,
所以 每次的心跳声我都能听到 哔 哔 哔
every time my heart would beat,I’d hear the beep-beep-beep-beep,
你知道吗 这个声音真的太大了
you know, the ticking, really loud.
这让我更加的慌
Which was making me more nervous.
根本没有办法减慢我的心率
And there was no way to slowmy heart rate down. Normally,
正常情况下 我开始屏气时
I would startat 38 beats per minute,
心跳会从1分钟跳38次
and while holding my breath,
减慢到每分钟12次
it would drop to 12 beats per minute,
当然这十分不寻常
which is pretty unusual.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
这次一开始就每分钟120跳 后面也没有下降
This time it started at 120 beats, and it never went down.
我在水下的前五分钟
I spent the first five minutes underwater
极力尝试减慢我的心跳
desperately trying to slowmy heart rate down.
我坐在那儿就想
I was just sitting there thinking,
我一定要减慢我的心跳不然我就会失败
“I’ve got to slow this down.I’m going to fail.”
然后我就更加紧张
And I was getting more nervous.
心跳速率越来越快
And the heart ratejust kept going up and up,
一下飙升到每分150次
all the way up to 150 beats.
基本上就是导致在林肯中心失败同样的原因
Basically it’s the same thing that created my downfall at Lincoln Center.
这太耗氧气了
It was a waste of O2.
当我进行一半 到8分钟时
When I made it to the halfwaymark, at eight minutes,
我百分百确信
I was 100 percent certain
我不可能完成了
that I was not goingto be able to make this.
不可能破纪录了
There was no way for me to do it.
我当时就想 奥普拉花上一个小时
I figured, Oprah had dedicated an hour
来看我屏气 如果我太早结束
to doing this breath-hold thing,if I had cracked early,
这将是一个关于我有多菜的节目
it would be a whole showabout how depressed I am.
(笑声)
(Laughter) So,
所以 我想我得
I figured I’m better off
继续努力待在那里直到我背过气去
just fighting and staying there until I black out,
至少他们会随时监测我的情况
at least then they can pull me out and take care
及时救我出来的
of me and all that.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
我一直坚持到10分钟
I kept pushing to 10 minutes.
10分钟的时候
At 10 minutes you start getting
我的手指和脚趾上就开始
all these really strong tingling sensations
有疼痛的感觉
in your fingers and toes.
我知道那是血液分流
And I knew that that was blood shunting,
血液会从四肢流回
when the blood rushes away from your extremities
给你的重要器官供氧
to provide oxygen to your vital organs.
11分钟的时候我开始感觉我的大腿抽搐
At 11 minutes I started feelingthrobbing sensations in my legs,
我的嘴唇也开始有异样的感觉
and my lips startedto feel really strange.
12分钟的时候我开始耳鸣
At minute 12 I startedto have ringing in my ears,
然后我的手臂也开始发麻
and I started to feel my arm going numb.
我是一个有疑病症的人 我记得手臂发麻是心脏受损的症状
And I’m a hypochondriac, and I remember arm numb means heart attack. So,
所以我开始妄想
I started to reallyget really paranoid.
13分钟的时候 大概是因为疑病症
Then at 13 minutes, maybebecause of the hypochondria,
我整个胸部开始感觉疼痛
I started feeling pains all over my chest.
感觉太糟了
It was awful.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
14分钟的时候 我身体剧烈的收缩
At 14 minutes,I had these awful contractions,
有种想要呼吸的强烈欲望
like this urge to breathe.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
(笑声结束)
(Laughter ends)
15分钟的时候我的心脏也缺乏氧气
At 15 minutes I was suffering major O2 deprivation to the heart.
然后我的心脏开始局部缺血
And I started havingischemia to the heart.
我的心率从每分钟120次到50次
My heartbeat would go from 120 to 50,
到150次 到40次 到20次 又到150次
to 150, to 40, to 20, to 150 again.
我的心漏跳一拍
It would skip a beat.
跳动 停下 我全都能感觉到
It would start. It would stop.And I felt all this.
然后我确信我的心脏肯定有问题了
And I was sure that I was going to have a heart attack. So,
所以 到16分钟的时候
at 16 minutes what
我把我的脚松出来
I did is I slid my feet out
因为我知道如果我继续下去
because I knew that if I did go out,
我心脏一定会出问题
if I did have a heart attack,
到时他们还得跳下来
they’d have to jump
在拉我出去前
into the binding and take my feet out
先把我的脚拿出来
before pulling me up.
我当时真的很焦虑
I was really nervous.
我把脚松绑 开始往上浮
I let my feet out, and I started floating to the top.
我的头没有浮出水面
And I didn’t take my head out.
但我就浮在那里
But I was just floating there waiting
等着我的心跳停止
for my heart to stop,
就静静等着
just waiting.
有医生拿着起搏器坐在那儿等着
They had doctors with the”Pst,”you know, sitting there waiting.
然后突然我听到尖叫声
And then suddenly I hear screaming.
然后我想一定有什么地方出问题了
And I think that thereis some weird thing —
要么我死了要么就是发生了什么事
that I had died or something had happened.
然后我才知道 我打破了16:32的世界记录
And then I realizedthat I had made it to 16:32. So,
有着所有人的鼓励
with the energyof everybody that was there,
我决定再继续坚持
I decided to keep pushing.
然后我继续坚持到了17分4秒
And I went to 17 minutes and four seconds.
(掌声)
(Applause)
(掌声结束)
(Applause ends)
不过这还不够 后来我马上
As though that wasn’t enough,what I did immediately after
去了探索实验室
is I went to Quest Labs and had
他们采集了我所有种类的血液样本
them take every blood sample that they could
来测试了我所有的体征指标
to test for everythingand to see where my levels were,
以便医生能再次采用它
so the doctors could use it, once again.
我也不想任何人质疑我的记录
I also didn’t want anybody to question it.
我创了世界纪录 我希望它是合法的
I had the world record and I wanted to make sure it was legitimate. So,
所以 第二天我去了纽约
I get to New York City the next day,
当我走出苹果商店时
I’m walking out of the Apple store,
有个小孩走到我旁边说“哟 戴维”
and this kid walks up to mehe’s like,”Yo, D!”
我就说“嗯?”
I’m like”Yeah?”
他说:“你是不是真的憋了这么久的气?
He said,”If you reallyheld your breath that long,
你为什么从水里出来时全身干的?”
why’d you come out of the water dry?”
“什么?”
I was like”What?”
(笑声)
(Laughter)
这就是我的生活
And that’s my life. So —
(笑声)
(Laughter)
作为一个魔术师 我尝试向人们展示
As a magician,I try to show things to people
他们认为不可能的事情
that seem impossible.
我认为魔术
And I think magic,
无论我是屏气还是玩扑克牌
whether I’m holding my breath or shuffling a deck of cards,
都很简单
is pretty simple.
就是去练习 训练 还有……
It’s practice, it’s training,and it’s — (Sobs)
就是去练习 训练 还有实验而已
It’s practice, it’s trainingand experimenting,
(啜泣声)
(Sobs)
是去历经痛苦 力图做到最好的自己
while pushing through the pain to be the best that I can be.
这对我来说就是魔术 谢谢大家
And that’s what magicis to me, so, thank you.
(掌声)
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

一位魔术师描述了他如何在水下屏住呼吸打破世界纪录的经历

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

CRAB

审核员

审核员JF

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFnGhrC_3Gs

相关推荐