ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

红毯上的性别歧视 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

红毯上的性别歧视

How Gender Politics Play Out on the Red Carpet | The New Yorker

看着明星们在红毯上走秀
When you look at a red carpet happening,
就像是在逛动物园 参观明星的动物园
it just looks like a zoo, like a celebrity zoo.
对我来说 在红毯上走秀是件压力很大的事
It seems to me that it’s a very stressful experience to be on the red carpet.
明星们做着自己最擅长的事儿
Stars themselves did what they do best:
摆姿势 摆姿势 还是摆姿势
Pose, pose, and pose again.
真正有趣的是那些自然而然发生的事
The real fun stuff is when actual spontaneity occurs
但这种情况很少
which is pretty rare.
红毯秀上 我最喜欢的时刻就是
My favorite red-carpet moments are always when
奥斯卡颁奖礼上出现了意想不到的身影
someone really unexpected winds up in the Oscars.
比如2012年就有一位修女亮相红毯
Like in 2012, there was a nun on the red carpet.
这可能和我的年龄有关 我最喜欢的红毯秀
Favorite era for me and this might have to do with my age,
你知道啦 就是80年代末90年代初 那会儿的红毯时尚
you know, sort of late 80s early 90s, red carpet fashion.
我有很多讲述红毯秀历史的书籍 书里说
My red carpet history books, of which I have many, tell me that
古希腊作家埃斯库罗斯是首位提到红毯的人
Aeschylus was the first to mention a red carpet
在《阿伽门农》里他提到一条深红地毯
and a crimson carpet in his play Agamemnon.
你知道啦 从那以后就走下坡路咯
Just gone downhill from there pretty much, you know.
红毯一路铺开 你还能保持你的咖位吗?
How do you be quite a maestro rolling out a red carpet?
不能 确实不能
No, you really can’t.
如果你看过六七十年代的奥斯卡颁奖礼
If you do watch the old Oscars from the 60s, 70s,
(你会发现)它其实非常简短
it was really quick, it was really simple.
主持人宣告 谁谁谁正走进剧场或舞台
There was announcer telling you who was walking into the theater and stage.
即使在这个美女云集的夜晚 安·玛格丽特也是最光彩照人的一位
As for Ann Margaret, a night of beautiful women, she was one of the most striking.
而由于琼·里弗斯的关系 红毯秀到90年代就变得
The red carpet kind of became a beast onto itself in the 90s
有些“血腥”了
because of Joan Rivers.
嗨 各位美女 我们到奥斯卡颁奖礼现场啦 不过我还想……
Hello girls, we are in the Academy Awards but then I wanna…
琼·里弗斯和女儿梅丽莎
Her and her daughter Melissa Rivers
于1995年开始搭档主持红毯秀特别节目
did their first red carpet special in 1995.
她给整场颁奖礼带来一种刻薄 担心 以及互相较劲
And Joan Rivers introduced this element of meanness and fear and competition
的味道
to the whole thing.
现在宣布最佳着装和最糟着装得主 好啦
It is time for our best and worst, OK.
这确实带来一种氛围 你知道啦
It did create an element of, you know,
琼·里弗斯会怎么看?她会怎么说?
what is Joan River’s gonna think, what is she gonna say.
这件连衣裙让人性致全无 就是这样
This dress is fashion birth control, that’s what this dress is.
不过我们得说 她们母女俩首创了这个问题
But we should say that Joan and Melissa created the question
“你穿的哪个设计师的牌子?”
“Who were you wearing?”
而这也成了红毯秀的终极问题
which became the ultimate red carpet question.
-你穿的哪个设计师的牌子?-阿什利·萨穆(Ashley Isham)
-Who are you wearing? -This is Ashley Isham.
这就打开了一个新局面 让人们有自由
Kind of opened up this whole feeling, gave people license
对女明星的衣品和身材评头论足
to criticize women’s fashion choices and bodies.
整个红毯秀都在营造一种氛围
The whole thing is built up to make it look as if
让人觉得这似乎是个相对宁静的时刻
it’s a discreet serene moment in time,
在这里 你知道啦 各位新星不是在拍照就是在受访
where, you know, when you see the starlet either like posing or talking to a reporter.
我喜欢今晚的走秀 很棒
I like it, it’s a really good show tonight.
但事实上她周围全是男性
But in fact it is actual men around her.
能来个美甲秀吗?拍拍你戴的这些钻石?
Can we do a Mani Cam for all these diamonds you’re wearing on your fingers actually?
-美甲秀-美甲秀
-The Mani cam.-The Mani cam.
让你把手伸进一个小盒子
where you slip your paw inside a little box.
最近几年 一些有名的女演员
It has been, in recent years, pushback against that
对此颇为抵触
by some prominent actresses.
好像是在2014年吧 伊丽莎白·莫斯在美甲秀时竖了中指
Elisabeth Moss who, I think, in 2014 gave the finger to the Mani Cam.
你叫我做的啊
You said to do it.
你们拍到了吗?
Did you guys get a shot of that?
那就是我要去的地方
That’s where I was going.
如果不是这样的公众场合 也许我们能……
If it wasn’t so public maybe we could…
2014年凯特·布兰切特批评了“全身拍”
So in 2014 Cate Blanchett called out the Glam Cam.
-哪个设计师是吗?-是的
-Who I’m wearing? -Yes.
纪梵希
Givenchy.
你们……你们……我只想问……你们也是这样对待男演员的吗?
Did…Do…I just wanna…Do you…Do you do that to the guys?
这事儿实在……就是会发生这样的事
It’s a thing that’s just…it just happens.
你觉得那下面会发生什么妙不可言的事?我要……
What do you think is gonna happen down there that is so fascinating I’m gonna…
让人兴奋的是
What’s exciting is to see some of the stars
一些明星决定挺身而出 她们说
kind of take agency and take over and say,
“我们不想当动物园的动物了 我们要……”
“We are not gonna be zoo animals any more, we’re gonna…”
-是的-发表自己的言论 自由引导谈话方向
-Yeah.-Say things we are going to steer the conversation the way we want to.
我参演了一部很燃的电影
I was part of a very powerful story and…
明星们希望我们把他们看成是人 他们当然是人
Stars wanna be treated like human beings, which they are of course,
他们也是演员 有自己的才能 专注于自己的才能
and they are actors and they have a craft and they are interested in their craft.
但从其他方面来讲 出名也给他们带来一些好处
But in other ways it benefits them in some ways to be brands.
这些事情彼此会有冲突
Those things come up against one another.
我觉得 红毯秀的报道出现了一些变化
One thing that, I think, has changed in red carpet coverage is that
你知道啦 现在有推特 有社交媒体 也就有了即时评论
there’s now Twitter and, you know, social media, there’s instant commentary,
受到批评的有解说员 也有采访者提出的蠢问题
and people who get called out including commentators or dumb questions.
有一年 一位记者跟罗希达·琼斯说她晒黑了
There was the year when someone told Rachida Jones she got tanned.
看起来你好像刚从某个海岛之类的地方回来
You look like you’ve just come off like an island or something.
你晒得很黑 很有热带风情
You are very tan, very tropical.
罗希达对此一笑置之 她说
She’s kind of laughed it off and said,
我是说 你知道啦 我是少数民族嘛
I mean, you know, I’m ethnic.
我也是哎 那么……
Me too. So…
-你瞧 有些人不知道她是昆西·琼斯的女儿-是啊
-Or, you know, person had no idea she is, you know, the daughter of Quincy Jones.-Yeah.
好像只不过是十年前吧 我想
It was only like a mere like maybe 10 years ago, I believe,
那会儿艾萨克·密苏拉奇还对寡姐上下其手呢
when Isaac Mizrahi felt Scarlet Johansson up.
没门儿
No way.
我只想摸摸嘛 哦 哦 太有效啦
I just wanna feel it. Oh, oh, that’s totally working.
你这是在干嘛呀?
What’s going on?
现在的气氛更紧张 人们收敛了起来
Things have gotten more tense and more buttoned up,
或许(对自己的言论)也更负责 更谨慎了
but maybe also more careful in, like, positive ways.
这是Me Too爆发并演变成“时间到了”反性侵运动以来
This was the first big award show after the Me Too movement exploded
首场大型的红毯秀
and became Time’s Up.
女明星们都会穿一身黑
They were gonna all wear black.
她们会别上写着“时间到了”的别针
They were gonna wear pins that says Time’s Up
意思是“性侵 性骚扰 性虐待该结束啦”
as in Time’s Up Upon Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment, Abuse.
我绝不会像那样
I’m never gonna be in a room
去那种房间 被人潜规则
and be treated in the way that people have been treated ever again,
而不挺身而出 严词拒绝 绝不
and not stand up and not say I don’t agree with that.
这种事跟其他事一样 都是权力的滥用
The whole reason why that was able to take place, like anything,
之所以能够发生 部分归罪于人们的缄默
that’s an abuse of power, is that, is silence.
那个夜晚我最喜欢的就是
My favorite moment of that night was
黛博拉·梅辛接受E!拜访的那段
when Debra Messing was being interviewed by E!
事情是这样的 黛博拉的搭档主持人凯特·桑德勒辞职了
And it came out that one of their cohost had quit
因为她的薪水比她的男搭档低
because she wasn’t getting paid as much as her male cohost
而黛博拉就这样直接地对E!的记者说
and Debra Messing just says right to the E! correspondent,
E!不认为
You know, I was so shocked to hear that
女主持的薪水应该跟男主持一样多
that E! doesn’t believe in paying their… their female cohost
我真是被惊到了 我想说 我想念凯特·桑德勒
the same as their male cohost. I mean, I miss Catt Sadler…
我从未在红毯秀上见过这样的事
I’ve never seen anything like that happen on a red carpet,
这样的对峙 以及整个行业的政治化
that kind of confrontation and that kind of politicization of the whole enterprise.
这种略带反叛的精神
That spirit of kind of insurrection
确实从红毯秀延续到了随后的金球奖颁奖礼
did carry over from the red carpet into the golden global show,
我是说 欧普拉的发言真是棒极了
I mean, that’s…you have that incredible Oprah speech…
希望他们能作为领路人 带领我们进入新时代
May they become the leaders who take us to the time
在那个时代 谁也没必要说“我也是”了
when nobody ever has to say “Me too” again.
在颁最佳导演奖时 娜塔莉·波特曼也说
You have Natalie Portman saying,
“以下是最佳导演候选人 他们全是男性”
“And here are the all-men nominees…” when presenting best director…
去年的奥斯卡颁奖礼 弗兰西斯·麦克多蒙德在领奖时
And last year’s Oscars in her acceptance speech,
发表获奖感言 末了她说
Frances McDormand finished her speech up by saying,
女士们先生们 今晚我送给你们一个词——“附加包容性条款”
“I have two words to leave with you tonight, ladies and gentlemen, Inclusion Rider.”
倒不是说我对“红毯秀会永远带着政治色彩”
I can’t say I have very high hopes
抱有多高的期望
for the red carpet becoming politicized permanently.
我只希望真正热爱政治的名流们
My hope is that celebrities who have the personality for it
能找到富于创意的方法
find ways to be creative,
而不是感觉自己是被迫参与其中
and not feel like they have to jump through these hoops that are mandatory.
男性 酷儿 和非常规性别的明星在时尚方面
I think it would be great for men and queer and nonbinary stars
越来越高调地挑战时尚底线 而不只是顺性女性等等
as they get more and more visibility to push the envelope
我觉得这对他们都是件好事
in terms of fashion that isn’t just cisgender female underneath.
如果各类人都能出现在好莱坞
If there’s more representation of all kinds in Hollywood,
各种种族 生理性别 心理性别……
racial, sexual, gender…
或许人们就能找到突破时尚的新方法
People might find a…find new ways to push the envelope with fashion.
实际上这很重要 观众们一看到
And that can actually be important and speak to people back home
红地毯上有人代表着自己
who are, you know, seeing themselves represented on the red carpet,
他们就会看到各种各样的可能性
and seeing the…seeing possibilities.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

从Me Too到Time's Up,从反性侵到争取同工同酬,红毯女星们的平权运动

听录译者

战五渣

翻译译者

战五渣

审核员

审核员B

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkZ5QSqReHE

相关推荐