未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

假新闻是如何伤害他人的

How fake news does real harm | Stephanie Busari

我想跟你们说一个女孩的故事
I want to tell you a story about a girl.
但是我不能透露她的名字
But I can’t tell you her real name.
那我们就叫她哈迪扎吧
So let’s just call her Hadiza.
哈迪扎20岁
Hadiza is 20.
她很害羞
She’s shy,
但她脸上挂着美丽的笑容
but she has a beautiful smile that lights up her face.
但她的痛苦不断
But she’s in constant pain.
她下半生可能要在药罐子中度过
And she will likely be on medication for the rest of her life.
你知道为什么吗?
Do you want to know why?
哈迪扎来自奇博克
Hadiza is a Chibok girl,
2014年4月14日她被博客圣地的恐怖分子
and on April 14, 2014, she was kidnapped
绑架了
by Boko Haram terrorists.
虽然她设法逃脱
She managed to escape, though,
从载女孩的卡车上跳下来
by jumping off the truck that was carrying the girls.
但她跳下来的时候摔断了两条腿
But when she landed, she broke both her legs,
她只能爬行并躲在灌木丛里
and she had to crawl on her tummy to hide in the bushes.
她告诉我博客圣地返回找她的时候 她很害怕
She told me she was terrified that Boko Haram would come back for her.
她是那天57个女孩中唯一从卡车上跳下来逃走的人
She was one of 57 girls who would escape by jumping off trucks that day.
当让 这个故事引起了
This story, quite rightly, caused ripples
世界的反响
around the world.
像奥巴马·米歇尔 马拉拉和其他
People like Michelle Obama, Malala and others
借着他们的声音抗议
lent their voices in protest,
在这时候 我那时住在伦敦
and at about the same time — I was living in London at the time —
我从伦敦到阿布贾去报道世界经济论坛
I was sent from London to Abuja to cover the World Economic Forum
那是尼日利亚第一次举办这样的活动
that Nigeria was hosting for the first time.
但当我们到达时 很明显城里只有一个版本
But when we arrived, it was clear that there was only one story in town.
我们给政府施加压力
We put the government under pressure.
我们就他们所做的事情提出了尖锐的问题
We asked tough questions about what they were doing
把这些女孩带回来
to bring these girls back.
意料之中
Understandably,
他们对我们的审问不满
they weren’t too happy with our line of questioning,
并让我们说我们得到了“可选择的真相”
and let’s just say we received our fair share of “alternative facts.”
(笑声)
(Laughter)
当时有影响力的尼日利亚人告诉我们
Influential Nigerians were telling us at the time
我们太天真了
that we were naïve,
我们不了解尼日利亚的政治局势
we didn’t understand the political situation in Nigeria.
他们也告诉我们
But they also told us
这个奇博克女孩的故事
that the story of the Chibok girls
是一个骗局
was a hoax.
可悲的是 这个骗局还在继续上演
Sadly, this hoax narrative has persisted,
今天在尼日利亚仍然有很多人
and there are still people in Nigeria today
相信奇博克女孩从未被绑架过
who believe that the Chibok girls were never kidnapped.
但是 我还在和这样的人交谈——
Yet I was talking to people like these —
悲痛欲绝的家长们
devastated parents,
他们告诉我们 在博科圣地绑架他们的女儿的那天
who told us that on the day Boko Haram kidnapped their daughters,
他们在载着女儿的卡车后 跑进了萨姆比萨森林
they ran into the Sambisa Forest after the trucks carrying their daughters.
他们拿着大砍刀 但是他们被迫退回
They were armed with machetes, but they were forced to turn back
因为博科圣地拥有枪支
because Boko Haram had guns.
两年来 新闻议程不可避免地继续向前走
For two years, inevitably, the news agenda moved on,
两年来
and for two years,
我们没有听到有关奇博克女孩的消息
we didn’t hear much about the Chibok girls.
每个人都以为她们已经死了
Everyone presumed they were dead.
但在去年四月
But in April last year,
我得到了这个视频
I was able to obtain this video.
这是视频的片段
This is a still from the video
证明博科圣地有幸存者
that Boko Haram filmed as a proof of life,
通过一个渠道 我得到了这个视频
and through a source, I obtained this video.
但在我发表之前
But before I could publish it,
我必须去一趟尼日利亚东北部
I had to travel to the northeast of Nigeria
和父母们交谈 去核实一下
to talk to the parents, to verify it.
很快我就得到了证实
I didn’t have to wait too long for confirmation.
其中一位母亲 当她看视频的时候 告诉我
One of the mothers, when she watched the video, told me
如果她能把手伸到笔记本电脑里
that if she could have reached into the laptop
把她的孩子从笔记本电脑里拽出来
and pulled our her child from the laptop,
她一定会这样做
she would have done so.
对于像我这样的父母 作为观众
For those of you who are parents, like myself, in the audience,
你只能想象
you can only imagine the anguish
那位母亲的痛苦
that that mother felt.
本视频将为与博科圣地的谈判推波助澜
This video would go on to kick-start negotiation talks with Boko Haram.
一位尼日利亚参议员告诉我因为这段视频
And a Nigerian senator told me that because of this video
他们进行了会谈
they entered into those talks,
因为他们长期以来都认为奇博克女孩已经死了
because they had long presumed that the Chibok girls were dead.
去年10月 有21名女孩被解救
Twenty-one girls were freed in October last year.
不幸的是 其中近200人仍然下落不明
Sadly, nearly 200 of them still remain missing.
我必须承认 在这个故事中我并不是一个
I must confess that I have not been a dispassionate observer
冷静的观察者
covering this story.
当我想到浪费了那么多机会来解救那群女孩子的时候
I am furious when I think about the wasted opportunities
我非常生气
to rescue these girls.
当我想到家长们告诉我的事情时 我很生气
I am furious when I think about what the parents have told me,
如果这些都是富人和权贵的女儿
that if these were daughters of the rich and the powerful,
她们早就被发现了
they would have been found much earlier.
我很生气
And I am furious
恶作剧的叙述
that the hoax narrative,
我坚信
I firmly believe,
它们耽误了时间
caused a delay;
是耽误她们回家的原因之一
it was part of the reason for the delay in their return.
这向我说明了假新闻的致命危险
This illustrates to me the deadly danger of fake news.
那么我们能做些什么呢?
So what can we do about it?
有一些非常聪明的人
There are some very smart people,
谷歌和脸谱网的聪明工程师们
smart engineers at Google and Facebook,
正在尝试利用科技来阻止假新闻的传播
who are trying to use technology to stop the spread of fake news.
但除此之外 我认为这里的每个人—你和我
But beyond that, I think everybody here — you and I —
我们也能起到作用
we have a role to play in that.
我们是分享内容的人
We are the ones who share the content.
我们是那些在网上分享故事的人
We are the ones who share the stories online.
在这个时代 我们都是发布者
In this day and age, we’re all publishers,
我们都有责任
and we have responsibility.
我作为新闻工作者
In my job as a journalist,
我查证 核实
I check, I verify.
我相信我的直觉 但我提出了一些尖锐的问题
I trust my gut, but I ask tough questions.
为什么这个人要告诉我这个故事?
Why is this person telling me this story?
通过分享这些信息 他们能得到什么?
What do they have to gain by sharing this information?
他们有隐藏的目的吗?
Do they have a hidden agenda?
我相信我们都应该开始问更尖锐的问题
I really believe that we must all start to ask tougher questions
针对我们在网上找到的信息
of information that we discover online.
研究表明 我们中的一些人在分享故事的时候
Research shows that some of us don’t even read beyond headlines
甚至连标题都不读
before we share stories.
这是谁干的?
Who here has done that?
我知道我干过
I know I have.
但是如果
But what if
我们停止接收我们从表面上发现的信息?
we stopped taking information that we discover at face value?
如果我们停下来思考
What if we stop to think about the consequence
我们传递信息的后果
of the information that we pass on
它有可能煽动暴力或仇恨?
and its potential to incite violence or hatred?
如果我们停下来思考现实生活中
What if we stop to think about the real-life consequences
我们分享信息的后果呢?
of the information that we share?
谢谢你们的聆听
Thank you very much for listening.
(掌声)
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

假新闻是如何伤害他人的

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

李门牙😄

审核员

译审团审核员XD

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwVYaY39YbQ

相关推荐