– How would you like to die?
– Oh god.
– Oh, that’s a tough one.
– Having sex.
– That’s a great answer!
By yourself or with another person?
– Doesn’t matter.
– Hi, I’m Rose Surnow and this is Inside Intimacy.
大家好 我是Rose Surnow 这里是《内部亲密》
And today we’re going to be talking about death.
What do you think happens after you die?
– You goin’ to heaven.
You gotta have in God and then its just paradise.
– Unfortunately, I think we’re farm food.
– Yeah, I feel like we go somewhere.
Something happens after we die.
– It’s just like that.
I don’t really think there’s anything afterwards.
– This is just one of many lives.
– I am in between the idea
that we are worm food
and that another dimension exists.
– That’s like a huge in between.
– Yeah, that’s a big in between.
– I haven’t thought about it.
– Ever? – Not really, no.
– 从来没有吗？ – 真的 从来没有
– There’s a heaven and a hell, you know,
你知道 有天堂 也有地狱
and you either go to heaven or you go to hell.
– I had heart surgery at six years old
and I died on the table.
It took a while to revive me
but I don’t remember any great, white light or anything.
It’s just dead.
– I do believe that existence remain for many lifetimes.
– Do you remember any of your past lives?
– One of the past lives that I remember
is when I was a spiritual leader in the year 1,400
and I got assassinated.
– What is the good thing that you get out
of tapping into your past lives?
How does it help you?
– The benefit of tapping into past life
is knowing your soul.
When you get to know your soul, you get to know yourself.
– Are you afraid of dying?
– No, I’ve died before and it was no big deal.
不 我以前死过 没什么大不了的
– Oh absolutely, yeah.
You think about it and you’re like, whoa,
like there’s going to be a point in my life
where I just cease to exist.
– No, I’m not afraid of death.
– When it’s my time, it’s my time.
Were you ever scared of it?
– Yeah, but… – What changed?
– 有过 但是…… – 是什么改变了你？
– I started, I got a better relationship with God.
Had more faith in Him.
– I’m not afraid of dying, no.
Right now I understand
that we have an eternity ahead of us and…
– Oh I’m definitely so scared.
I think the fear is just
that I’m not happy with where I am now
so if I were to die now
then I wouldn’t have accomplished really anything.
And I’m so young
so I don’t want to feel like
I could have done more, I could be doing more now
if this is really like it.
– I choked on a lobster when I was a teenager.
My mom and my sister were sitting across from me
and I couldn’t talk and I was like.
And they couldn’t notice anything and I was getting tunnel vision,
then I saw light and then it went down.
– Well you’re probably, your eyes were just going out, that’s all.
– Okay, well way to take the magic out of it Greg. – Sorry!
– 好吧 格雷格 你很好地消灭了魔法 – 抱歉！
– How do you want to die?
– I want to die a legend so like…
– You want to get assassinated?
– That would be tight cause then like a lot of people
would know like, hey, like I’m poppin’.
Like they really have to come after me.
– I think floated out to sea sounds good.
– I would have to say surfing.
I mean either you drown
or you hit your head on the reef or something.
– So which one sounds better?
– Ah… – If you had to choose, dealer’s choice.
– 啊…… – 如果你必须选一个 庄家的选择
– I would hit my head on the reef.
– Such a funny, ideal way to die.
Sounds so violent.
– When I was seven, I was at my grandpa’s funeral,
you know, you’re listening to the pastor,
and you’re like, okay this is boring
so I just sat and stared at the candles and I was like,
oh my gosh the candles are moving, like that’s him.
我当时想 哦 天哪 蜡烛在动 像是他
– You don’t think it was just like a light breeze?
– Before I die I want to make sure
my mom’s taken care of, my sister’s taken care of.
– Well I want to work with juvenile like, criminals
like in juvenile justice.
So I just to like be somebody
that really like fought for what was right.
– What do you need to accomplish before you drop dead?
– Oh I want to fall in love I think.
– Aww. – Aww.
– 噢！ – 哦！
– I want you to. – Oh my God, thank you.
– 希望你梦想成真 – 谢谢你
– Before I die,
I want to get married to the woman in my life.
– Do you already have her?
– I do.
– What are you waiting for?
– I’m waiting for the perfect time to tell her.
– Greg, what if you just are one of those people
that just decide not to die
so like its gonna happen again
and you’re just going to like, will yourself back?
– No no no.
I’ve had my life.
My kids are gone.
They’re grown up so you know, it’s like I’m finished.
I’m just riding a bike around.
– I fucking love you Greg.
– Death is making life worth it
for every second of it.
If you were gonna reincarnate,
what would you want to come back as?
– Pigeon – No, definitely not a pigeon. They’re disgusting.
– 鸽子 – 不 绝对不能是鸽子 他们太讨人厌了
Maybe like a butterfly.
– The bar’s pretty low over here, right?
– Yeah, no, just shit on everyone I hate.
– How would you like to die?