未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何制作地球仪?

How do you make a globe? I Shaping Science: Episode 1

My name is Chris Adams.
我是Chris Adams
I’m a globe maker
一名地球仪制作者
and I’ve been making globes for the best part of fourteen years now.
迄今为止 我制作地球仪长达十四年
如何制作一个地球仪
To make a globe you start off with a mould
要制作一个地球仪 你得从制作模具开始
and you make a very wet mix of plaster
先做出一盆未干的灰泥混合物
and swirl it around to make sure there’s a uniform coverage of plaster in the mould.
旋转模具 以确保石膏均匀覆盖在其中
When that is dry, you then make a second mix, a wet mix
等它干了 再做出第二盆未干的混合物
and pour that in
然后倒进去
and re-enforce it with paper.
用纸加固
They used to use card or various other materials
他们以前用过卡片或其它各种材料
but I’ve found paper is the best
但我发现还是纸张最好用
it’s lightweight and still retains its strength.
纸的重量轻 而且能保持石膏的强度
When that is dry, it’s blown out of the mould
等它干了 就把它从模具里取出来
and the two halves are joined together.
接着把两个部分连接在一起
It’s sanded down, rubbed down until they’re very smooth
用砂纸磨光到表面平滑为止
and given a final coat of shellac to strengthen it and to seal it.
最后给它涂一层清漆来加固和密封
At this stage the map will be applied.
在这个阶段 就用得上地图了
They’re called gores, there are usually twelve gores that go around a globe.
它们被称为球面三角 一个地球仪上通常遍布有12条
They are stretched onto the globe ensuring all lines match up
它们被展开贴在地球仪上 以确保所有线条都能拼合
so there’s no overlaps there’s no underlaps.
因此地球仪上毫无重叠或缺漏
Everything should match up nicely.
一切都拼合得很好
One of the things you have to bear in mind when applying a gore is the fact that the paper will stretch.
在粘贴球面三角时 你必须知道 纸张是有弹性的
It’s designed to stretch two percent in one direction.
它被设计为在每个方向上都能拉长2%
It has to be printed with that in mind, you have to reduce the artwork two percent to allow for the stretch.
印刷时必须要记住减少成品的2% 留下伸展的空间
I’ve been doing it for so long
我做这个已经做了很长时间
that it’s quite easy for me to apply the gores and make the lines match up
所以粘贴球面三角 对齐线条
and make sure they make sure the paper behaves as I want it to.
和确保纸张的正确伸展对我来说是很容易的事
It’s a skill that I’ve leaned and picked up,
我已经学会并掌握了这项技能
so I’d like to think I’m quite good these days.
所以我认为我现在很擅长它
Once the gores have been applied they are given a seal
一旦球面三角粘贴完毕 就可以盖章了
and then hand coloured, hand tinted
然后是手绘和上色
and unusually given an age afterwards to make the globes look old.
有时候会把地球仪放置一段时间来做旧
I prefer to think of it as giving them a head start in the ageing process.
不过我更愿意称之为提前旧化
I try to remain true to the materials and methods of traditional globe making.
我尽量保持使用地球仪制作的传统材料和方法
Obviously, I improve where I can.
显然 我也对能够改进的地方进行了改进
A lot of the materials they used traditionally were animal based,
传统制作大多使用动物材料
which I like to move away from if I can.
而我想尽可能地避免使用
The plaster I use now is not dissimilar to the plaster that they used
我现在用的灰泥和他们用的没什么不同
but it’s far stronger and harder wearing.
但是我的这种要比他们坚固刚硬得多
So it’s little things that they would have incorporated as well, if they have the chance.
他们有如果机会 也会把这些东西混合进去的
Globes were traditionally educational which perhaps isn’t the case these days
地球仪是一种在如今也许不太适用的传统教育工具
but I think a globe still has a role to play.
但我认为它仍然能够发挥作用
It’s nice to have something tangible in your hands
手里有些实在的东西挺好的
to see exactly where we are in the world,
可以确切地知道我们身在何处
where we’d like to go.
我们想去何方
You can spin a globe and see what’s on the other side of it from where you are,
你可以转动地球仪来看看在地球的另一侧有些什么
which you can’t necessarily do from a monitor or a book
而这是你无法从显示屏和书本上得到的

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

制作地球仪用的世界地图是打印出来的。裁剪成梭形纸片,然后一张张贴在球体上。整个过程需要非常精确的操作,一点点角度的失误,都可能导致最后拼不成球体。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

三顷

审核员
视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N18eSMuDO8

相关推荐