ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

如何寻找新的行星? – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何寻找新的行星?

How do we find new planets?

>>JACKIE FAHERTY (astrophysicist, AMNH): How do we find new planets?
杰基·法赫蒂(美国自然历史博物馆 天体物理学家) 我们如何发现新行星?
> > FAHERTY: So we’ve known about planets like Mercury, Venus,
我们知道像水星 金星
Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn
火星 木星 土星这样的行星
as long as we’ve been looking up
只要我们抬头看
as they were obvious objects in the nighttime sky – bright
就能知道它们是夜空中
objects that move different than the stars do.
与恒星运动不同 且显而易见的物体
And the way that I can say
我可以说我们过去
that we detected them would be with your eye
探测到它们的方法就是用肉眼
or with direct imaging.
或者直接成像
So you’ve directly detected those planets.
所以你直接探测到了那些行星
In today’s world, we’re searching for planets around other stars,
现如今 我们正在寻找其它恒星周围的行星
objects that we call exoplanets.
我们称之为系外行星
And this direct imaging method is actually something
我们实际上也在尝试用直接成像法
that we try as well, just with far
只借助复杂得多的仪器
more complicated instrumentation, so we have found that many planets that way.
我们已经用这种方法发现了很多行星
But there are other methods that astronomers use as well.
但天文学家们还使用了其他的方法
One of the most popular and productive is called the transiting method.
其中一种最流行且高效的方法叫做凌星法
You can see the light
从地球的角度 你可以看到
of a star dip ever so slightly in a cyclic pattern due to a planet
恒星的亮度以一种周期性模式轻微地下降
moving in front of it from Earth’s perspective.
因为一颗行星在它前面移动
So we watch thousands
所以我们观测
upon thousands of other stars
数以千计的其他恒星
and we look for tiny dips in the light.
并且我们在光线中寻找微小的变化
Thousands of planets have been found that way.
已经有几千颗行星通过这种方式被发现
Other methods take advantage of something called the wobble.
还有一种利用摇摆舞的方法
If you have a big planet around a decent-sized star
如果有一颗大行星围绕一颗适当大小的恒星
the planet will tug on the star, causing
这颗行星将牵引恒星
it to wobble a little bit.
导致它晃动一点点
So one way that you can see that wobble is
有一种方法可以让你能看到那种晃动
through what we call the radial velocity method.
就是通过我们所说的径向速度法
And this is where you take the light of a star,
这里你收集一颗星球的光线
and you break it up into its fingerprint.
然后将其拆散成它的光谱
And you could see that light fingerprint move
然后你可以看到这光谱
towards you or away from you, depending on
向你移动或者远离你
if the planet is tugging the star towards you or away
取决于行星在朝着你或者远离你牵引恒星
from you, similar to the Doppler effect,
与多普勒效应相似
where when a car is coming
当一辆车朝你开来
towards you the sound is higher, and when the car
听到的声音比原来高
is pulling away from you it’s lower.
而当车驶离你声音就变低
截至2018年 利用径向速度发现了超过700颗行星
And the other way you could take advantage
另一种利用摆动的方法
of that wobble is something called the astrometric method.
被称为天体测量法
And that’s where you would very very carefully watch the position
这种方法需要你非常仔细地观察
of a star and you could
恒星的位置
actually see it jump back and forth, due to a
然后你可以看到它在前后晃动
planet pulling it towards you or away from you.
因为一颗行星在牵引它向你移动或远离你
And while we have yet to discover a planet using this method,
尽管我们仍没能用这种方法发现一颗行星
there are new catalogs and surveys
但是有新的记录和调查
that will allow us to detect planets this way.
能让我们用这种方式去探测行星
We now know of thousands
我们现在知道
of exoplanets orbiting other stars
数千计的系外行星环绕其他恒星
and the next generation of telescopes
而下一代天文望远镜
is only going to give us more information and more planets.
只能给让我们获得更多的信息和发现更多行星
And we will soon be able to tell far more stories
很快我们将能够讲更多
about the diversity of exoplanets in the galaxy.
关于银河系中系外行星的故事
There actually may be another planet in our own solar system.
在我们的太阳系中也许还有一颗行星
We’re calling this one Planet Nine.
我们称之第九大行星
In order to find it you’ve got to
为了找到它
scan the entire sky looking for something that moves.
你必须搜寻整个星空 寻找那些移动的物体
And you can log onto BackyardWorlds. Org
登录该网站
it’s a citizen science project that I help run
这是我参与的一个大众科学项目
and you can participate in the search.
你可以参与我们的搜索

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

介绍了几种寻找系外行星的方法

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

YXG-258c1

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lyw_8fBNT8

相关推荐