Deprecated: 自6.1.0版本起,已不建议使用is_ajax,请换用wp_doing_ajax。 in /data/wordpress/wp_course/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5211

Deprecated: 自6.1.0版本起,已不建议使用is_ajax,请换用wp_doing_ajax。 in /data/wordpress/wp_course/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5211
本·富兰克林是怎么安排他一天的时间 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

本·富兰克林是怎么安排他一天的时间

How Ben Franklin Structured His Day

回到1791年本·富兰克林
So back in 1791 Ben Franklin,
也可能是他的出版社
or at least his publishing house
出版了他的自传
because he had died a year prior,
因为他在发表的前一年去世了
published his autobiography.
在这本自传中
And in that autobiography
富兰克林展示了他每天的时间安排表
Franklin actually laid out his daily schedule.
你可能在网上看到过这张表的照片
Now you may have seen a picture of this schedule
但现在我想在视频里做的是
online before but what I wanna do in this video
通过这张时刻表
is actually go through the schedule
看看我们能学到些什么
and see what we can learn from it,
包括时刻表中有用的部分
both in terms of what’s useful in the schedule
和那些可能遗漏的但你应该具备的东西
and what it might actually be missing that you should have in yours.
我们开始吧
Let’s get into it.
好的 先说重要的
Alright, so first things first,
从这张表至少可以看出
at least according to this schedule,
他每天早上5点钟起床
he woke up at 5 am every single morning.
意味着他确实在遵守早睡早起的原则
Which means that he definitely lived up to his early to bed early to rise mantra.
我想要解释的第一件事是
And this is the first thing I wanna get into
当我在视频里谈论
because as I talked about in my video
如何早起的时候
about how to wake up early
你没必要为了成功而早早起床
you don’t actually need to wake up early to be successful.
即使本 富兰克林明确主张要早起
This is something that Ben Franklin definitely advocated
因为世界上个体存在差异
but there are many different people throughout the world
成功人士的成就不会受8点
who have been successful even if they wake up at 8 am,
10点或者任意时间点起床的影响
10 am, or whatever hour that they feel like
因为我们都是不同的
because we are all different.
事实上 人类有不同的睡眠类型
In fact, people have different chronotypes
本质上由生物钟来决定
which are essentially biologically set times
他们睡觉和起床的时间
at which they tend to go to bed and get up.
那么找到你的作息时间并依此而行
So figure out what yours is and live by that
而不是按照一个300年前男人的时刻表
not just some schedule from a dude who lived 300 years ago.
所以这个时刻表中的第一个重点
So the first real item of business on this schedule
是晨间思考
is the morning question.
今天我该做些什么好呢
What good shall I do this day?
这样就设立了一个目标
And this is setting an intention
在生活中 我认为这是个好习惯
and I think it’s a great habit to adopt in your own life
因为事先设立目标
because setting an intention
让你给了自己一个方向
allows you to give yourself direction for the day
从而在那些紧急任务或干扰之事
and when those urgent tasks or distractions
在今后逐渐出现时
come up later in the day
你会将目光锁定在关键点
you’re gonna be able to keep you eye on the prize
然后避开干扰
and avoid them.
在他设置这些目标之后
After he’d set that intention,
接下来就是起床 洗漱
the next items which are rise, wash,
向万能的上帝致敬
and address powerful goodness.
也就是他对上帝的祈祷
Which was his personal word for god.
之后他会计划今天的行程
And after that he would contrive the day’s business
为今天的计划表一表决心
and take the resolution of the day.
表决心是一种特别新鲜刺激的方式来
Which is a big fancy, chancy way of saying
支持自己制定一天的计划
make a daily plan.
所以这是开始另一个工作前的好习惯
So this is another great habit to start doing.
设置目标
Setting the intention
可以在日常生活中给予你大致方向
gives you some direction for the day in a general sense
不过坐下来 将一天的计划记录下来
but sitting down and making a daily plan
你会使它更加具体
allows you to make it more concrete.
你可以细分大的任务 将重要的工作
You can break that big task, that big important work
变成一个个容易解决的子任务
down to the subtasks that are a lot easier to understand
然后执行
and put into action.
然后你就可以控制它们 因为你明确了
And then you can order them so you know
你将如何度过今天
exactly how you’re going to tackle the day.
做完他的日程表后
After making his daily schedule,
富兰克林将会复习近期的研究
Franklin would prosecute the present study.
上面写的是古英文
And that’s some old English
我不知道如何解释
that I didn’t know how to interpret
但是流行的说法是
but the popular interpretation
他基本上都会在那时做一些研究
is that he’s basically doing some studying
不管他最近在研究什么
on whatever he’s learning at the time.
我们可以说富兰克林是一个贪心的
And it’s pretty safe to say that Franklin was a voracious,
终身学习者 因为维基百科介绍
life-long learner since according to Wikipedia
他的称号很多 他是作家 画家
he was, among other things, an author, printer,
政治理论家 政治家 互济会会员 邮件管理员
political theorist, politician, freemason, postmaster,
科学家 发明家 市民的积极分子
scientist, inventor, civic activist,
销售员 外交官
statesman, and diplomat.
现在这部分是我最喜欢的一部分
Now this is a part of his schedule that I really like
因为我自己也这样做
because it’s something that I do myself.
我发现这真的有助于
I find it really helpful
我学习一些自己感兴趣的东西
to have some sort of learning project that I’m pursuing
不管我做什么或是阅读哪本书
independent of my work or a book that I’m reading
几乎都很有用
at basically all times.
每天在我清晨起床刷牙
And when I wake up in the morning after I brush my teeth
和喂猫之后
and feed my cat
我会阅读20到30分钟
I read every single day for about 20 or 30 minutes
在做其它事情之前
before doing anything else.
我的朋友马丁
And my friend Martin
在语言学习中也是如此
does the same thing with language study.
他起床之后学习西班牙语或法语
He’ll get up, he’ll do some studying in Spanish or French,
之后才开始一天的工作
and then get into the day’s work.
所以如果你有一个独立的学习计划
So if you have an independent learning project
你就需要在工作前投入一些时间学习
you now spend some time on that before you get into the work
那会让你精疲力尽
that’s gonna exhaust you
然后耗尽你的耐力
and deplete those willpower reserves
如果你没有那样 你应该做个规划
and if you don’t, you should probably get one.
下一步 我们吃早餐
Next up we’ve got breakfast, which is breakfast.
在早晨吃早餐
I eat breakfast in the morning,
可能是一个很舒服的事情
probably a pretty good thing to do,
早餐后我们开始一天的正式工作
and then we move into the main work block of the day.
富兰克林将工作分成三个任务
And Franklin split this up into three different tasks.
第一 4小时工作板块
First up there’s a four-hour block of work
然后是吃饭阅读和查账
followed by a two-hour block for eating and reading
的两个小时
and going over accounts,
最后还有4小时工作板块
and then a final four-hour block of work.
我这里有些评论
And I have a few comments here.
第一件我想记录的事
So the first thing I wanna note here
是他提到的中午时段
is that because he mentioned in this noon segment
在那个时间段他会阅读或是查账
that he does some light reading or goes over accounts,
我在这里需要备注一下 他在午时的工作是轻松简单的
I interpret that as doing shallow work during his noon hour.
如果他在中午做了小工作
And if he’s doing shallow work during the noon hour
那么这样就可以
then it stands to reason
让他可以在主要工作时间
that he’s at least trying to do his deep,
做深奥的 高度集中的工作
highly-concentrated work during those two blocks of time.
这是个好主意去安排不同的事
So it’s a good idea to try to schedule differences
在你的紧张的工作中 那很重要
between your intense work that’s really important
并且这项工作不需要安静和特别多的脑力
and the work that doesn’t require quite as much brain power
或者极高的注意力
or quite as much attention.
第二 至少在他的时刻表中
Secondly, at least on his schedule,
富兰克林没有计划中断时间
Franklin did not make time for breaks
在他主要的工作时间中
during his main work hours.
但这是你很想做的事
And this is something that you definitely want to do.
我做了一个视频说明间断的重要
I made a whole video on why breaks are important.
所以我认为实际上他间断了
So I’m sure that he probably did it in real life.
我又不能坐时光机回去验证
I mean, I can’t go back in a time machine to verify,
但连续工作5个小时
but working for five hours at a time
一点不休息是很难的
without a break is pretty tough.
在工作中你将有一个转折点
And you’re gonna hit a point during that work session
是你的效率开始下降
where your efficiency is gonna go down.
所以保证你采取了休息
So make sure you’re taking some breaks,
散散步 做做操
going for walks, getting a little bit of exercise,
用一些放松过程间断工作板块
and breaking up those work sessions with some relaxation.
所以一旦工作结束 富兰克林做的第一件事
So once the work ends, the first thing that Franklin did
就是把东西放归原位
was to put things in their places.
特别是整理物品
Essentially put things away
然后把他的地方重新回归原位
and reset his space back to neutral.
现在这提醒了我一个技巧
Now this reminds me of a technique
一个朋友很久以前提醒我
a friend told me about a long time ago
被称作清理归位
which is called clearing to neutral.
基本上 你打扫工作室
Basically, you clear your workspace
回到它一开始的 准备好的状态
back to its neutral clean, ready-to-go state
在今天你结束工作之时
at the end of the day once you’re done with your work.
你宁愿在工作结束整理
And the reason you wanna do it then
而不是在你开始明天的工作前的理由是
rather than before you start the next day’s work
这是一项简单的工作
is that it’s a shallow task.
确实简单
It’s really easy to do,
不会消耗太多耐力 如果你做了
it doesn’t take a whole lot of willpower, and if you do it
当你明天开始工作的时候
then when you come into your work the next day
办公点准备好了
the workspace is ready to go
你不需要浪费时间或精力
and you don’t have to waste any time or willpower
去把它变整齐
getting the space ready.
你只需要压倒性
You can just steamroll
朝着最有挑战的工作出发
right into the most challenging work of the day.
一旦他归置了物品
Once he had everything put away
下一件事是晚饭 音乐
the next things were supper, music,
消遣和交谈
diversion, and conversation.
我确信生活一直都很复杂
And I’m sure that because life is complex even back then
所以时刻表并不完整 我认为这恰恰告诉
he left a lot off the schedule so I do think it’s telling
我们他将休闲置于此
that he put this on the schedule.
展现了他确实珍惜和朋友相处
That shows that he really did value time with friends
和放松的时光 因为他知道
and relaxation and that he understood
小憩的重要性
the importance of taking breaks
在工作时安排时间为自己充电
and making time for recharging in between work sessions.
让我们来到他一天中最后的活动
And that brings us to his last true activity of the day
除了我下一个要讲的睡觉
besides sleep, which I’ll get into in a second here,
就是睡前提问
and that is the asking of the question
我今天做了什么善事呢
what good have I done this day?
提出问题 回忆今天的事
And asking that question, reflecting on the day’s events
你将会看到这和设置目标
and what you’ve done is just as important
一样重要
as setting the intention in the morning.
如果你养成回忆今天
If you get yourself into the habit
所行之事的习惯
of reflecting on what you’ve done during the day
你将会精确的发现
then you can start to pinpoint what went right
哪些做的好 哪些不好
and what went wrong.
你就可以对错事找到原因
And when you know what went wrong you can start to target
并做出改变
why it went wrong and then make changes
那将帮助你在未来提升
which will help you improve the next day.
现在时刻表上是睡眠时间
Now he does have sleep written on his schedule
他每天睡七个小时
and he slept about seven hours a day
我唯一想说的是
and the only real thing I have to say here
这位200年前的男子
is that just because some dude 200 years ago
在计划表上写7小时睡眠
put seven hours of sleep on a schedule
不意味着7小时
doesn’t mean that seven hours
是最理想的睡眠时长
is the optimal amount of sleep.
每个人有不同的睡眠时长
Everyone needs a different amount of sleep
所以 当你制定计划时
so when you’re creating your schedule
保证你的睡眠
make sure you tailor it to the amount of sleep
那是你身体所需
that your body actually needs.
记住 你的睡眠 营养
Remember, your sleep, your nutrition,
运动都要在你能控制的
and your exercise are the levers
身体级别上进行
with which you can control your body’s energy levels
为了提升你自己的工作能力
and hence your ability to get work done.
不要忽视它们
So don’t overlook them.
好了 重新总结一遍
Alright, so to recap here
我从计划中提取了重要的经验
I wanna pull a few of the best lessons out of his schedule
创建并在此分享
that I found and share ’em here.
我想要提醒
And I also wanna mention
一些被错过的却需要
a few of the things that were missing
你思考的事
that you should think about
当你在创建计划表时
when you’re creating your own schedule.
第一 我特别喜欢
First, I really like
他有目标的开始新的一天
how he tried to start every single day with purpose.
他为每天设置目标并创建每日计划
He set an intention for the day and he created a daily plan
保证自己会执行
to make sure that he carried it out.
我也喜欢他用特殊时间完成浅显的工作
I also like how he made specific time for shallow work.
他有两个工作板块
He had those two work blocks
但他喜欢在午餐时间
but then he would love over his accounts
查账或做一些简单的工作
and do easier stuff over the lunch hour.
我喜欢他有一个准确的时间
And I also like how he made it a point to schedule time
用来打扫办公室一切归位
for clearing his space to neutral,
保证清洁 为明天的
getting everything cleaned up so that it was ready
工作做准备
for the next day’s work.
剩下些细节
Now a few things
我认为计划表漏了健身
I thought the schedule was missing include exercise,
工作时间的小憩
taking small breaks during those work sessions,
虽然他是200年前的人
and, through no fault of his own
无法挑剔
since he lived 200 years ago,
但也有很多生活中必须解决的事
a lot of the things that we have to deal with in life
像是上下班 上下学 烹饪等等
like commuting to work or school, cooking, et cetera.
所以当你做计划时
So when you’re making your own schedule
像富兰克林这样
take schedules like this
或者是像其他著名人物的计划
or schedules from other famous people you read online
只是用来激励自己而不是一个对症的处方
as inspiration not as an exact recipe.
执行好的计划 加上它 体验它
Take what’s good, add it in, experiment with it,
再找出适合你的工作
and figure out what works for you.
如果你发现你不能完美
Also if you find that you’re not perfect
执行你的计划
at following your schedule
想想富兰克林也不能完美
realize that Ben Franklin wasn’t perfect
执行他的计划
at following his either.
在他时刻表后的自传中
In his autobiography right after he wrote out the schedule
富兰克林写道 “我很惊奇的发现
Franklin wrote that, “I was surprised to find myself
我犯了如此多的错误
“so fuller of faults than I had imagined;
但我很满意的看到他们在减少”
“but I had the satisfaction of seeing them diminish.”
所以 如果你度过了糟糕的一天
So if you have one crappy day
或者有些东西打断了
or you have an interruption that comes up
从而打乱了你的计划 接受它
that messes with your schedule just accept it,
原谅你自己 第二天重新开始
forgive yourself, and then wake up the next day
重设你的目标
and set that intention again.
随着时间推移
And as time goes on,
由于你有意的为自己制定计划
because you deliberately built a schedule for yourself
你就会逐渐形成自己的日程和爱好
you’re gonna start building routines and habits
而你的无规划行为就会越来越少
that will make these things happen less often
作为回报你将会更成功
and in turn you’ll be more successful.
好了 谢谢您观看这个视频
So guys thanks for watching this video.
希望您会喜欢它
Hopefully you enjoyed it.
我要把计划表和
I’m gonna link to that schedule
下方的描述联系起来
down in the description below.
如果您喜欢这个视频请在
And if you liked this video give it a like
下面链接投上支持票并且留下您的意见
to support this channel and leave a comment down below
如果您有额外的小建议需要分享
if you have an additional tip that you’d like to share.
如果您还不是这个频道的关注者
If you aren’t yet a subscriber to this channel
请您点击那里
you can click right there to do so
关注后即可每周收到新的视频
and get new videos every single week
您也可以点击这里来复印我的书
and you can also click right there to get a copy of my book
从而得到更完美的体验
on earning better grades.
我们最新的博客地址在这里
Also, our latest podcast episode is gonna be right there
请您认真核对
so definitely check it out.
如果您想看其它
And if you wanna watch another video
由我播出的视频
with my face in the camera here
摁下这里即可直达
then that button right there is your go-to.
谢谢您的收看 下周与您再会
Thanks for watchin’ and I’ll see you next week.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

富兰克林一天的工作计划安排,虽然你不必照做,但绝对是一个极好的参考

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

姚小帅

审核员

译学馆审核员B

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBi8M3DehQ0

相关推荐