未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

广告和他人是如何说服你的

How Ads (and People) Persuade You

[片头]
[♪♩INTRO]
每天 你都被广告 销售员
Every day, you are bombarded with ads, salespeople,
或者劝你买某样东西的朋友轰炸
or friends trying to persuade you to do something,
像是观看网飞公司的新节目 或者换一个新的饮食习惯
like watch a new show on Netflix or try out a new diet.
这些信息不总是令你信服
Those messages don’t always convince you,
但有时候的确会相信 并且你可能
but sometimes they do — and you might not
还没意识到你相信了
even realize it’s happening.
很多因素会影响你相信或不相信一个信息
Dozens of factors can cause you to agree or disagree with a message,
并且很多因素
and a lot of them
与你第一时间如何回应这些劝说有关
have to do with how you respond to persuasion in the first place.
但如果你能识别出你在被劝说
But if you can recognize when you’re being persuaded,
就不容易被劝服
it’s a lot easier to stop and
并能确定你的想法是否是自己的想法
make sure your opinions are actually your own.
大量研究说服力的研究人员
A lot of researchers who study persuasion think
认为这是一种
about it in terms of what’s called
被称为详尽可能性模型或者ELM的理论
the Elaboration Likelihood Model, or ELM,
ELM把人们对劝说的反应分成两种主要的类别
which divides your response to persuasion into two main categories:
中心途径 你会用它来仔细地考虑信息
There’s the central route, where you thoughtfully consider a message,
还有外周途径
or the peripheral route,
这时你会用快速判断和直觉来做决定
where you make a decision using quick judgements or gut feelings.
但多数情况下 你会使用外周途径
Most of the time, you end up using the peripheral route —
例如当你看广告的时候
like when you’re watching a commercial
因为扮演医生的演员穿了白大褂
and decide the actor playing a doctor knows
就认为她知道她自己在说什么
what she’s talking about because she’s wearing a white coat.
显然 对于一些事 批判地思考是很好的
Obviously, it’s good to think critically about some things,
但我们没时间对所有事都这样做
but we don’t have time to do that for everything,
所以这两种途径都很重要和实用
so both routes are important and useful.
但确定你在用哪种途径思考是很有用的
It helps to recognize which route you’re taking, though,
这样你就可以判断出
so you can decide whether
别人试图让你相信的事
it’s worth stopping to think critically
是否值得你停下来去批判性地思考
about whatever someone’s trying to convince you of.
有一些事可以影响你选择哪种思考途径
A few things can affect which route you take.
一些是性格特质
Some are personality traits,
就像认知需求 它描述了
like what’s known as the need for cognition, which describes
人们对思考的喜爱程度
how much people like to think about things.
认知需求更高的人
People with a higher need for cognition
倾向于关注争论
tend to pay close attention to arguments,
然而低认知需求的人更愿意基于快速的线索做决定
while people with a low need prefer to make decisions based on quick cues,
例如一个人看起来的可信度
like how credible someone seems.
1986年的实验表明
One experiment in 1986 showed that
高需求的人更可能选择中心途径
people with a high need are more likely to take the central route,
而低需求的人倾向于选择外周途径
while those with a low need tend to take the peripheral route.
这项研究中
In the study,
研究者向几百名大学生提供了
researchers presented a few hundred university students
提高学校收费的有力和无力的论据
with strong and weak arguments for raising the school’s tuition.
他们发现强有力的论据比无力的论据更有说服力
They found that strong arguments were more persuasive than weak ones,
尤其当学生们认知需求更高的时候
but especially when students had a high need for cognition.
如果话题对你来说很重要
You’ll also be more likely to
你可能也会更愿意使用中心途径
use the central route if a topic is important to you.
如果你痴迷于好看的电视
If you’re obsessed with good TV and
且有人自称发现了史上最佳节目
someone says they’ve found the best show ever,
在你决定赞同他们之前 你可能会
you might spend hours looking at its cinematography
花大量时间审视它的摄影艺术和文笔
and writing before you decide you agree with them.
但如果你只是想疯狂刷剧
But if you just want something to binge watch,
你可能就不会在意之前的问题
you might not care about all that.
如果有个喜欢追剧的朋友说《权力的游戏》
If a TV-loving friend says Game of Thrones
是他们看过最好的剧
is the best thing they’ve ever seen, that
这可能足够让你相信
might be enough to convince you…
尤其每周日晚上一遍又一遍地听到它
especially if you hear it over and over and over again, every Sunday night.
我放弃了
I gave up.
最后我看了《权力的游戏》
I finally watched Game of Thrones.
你开心吗?
Are you happy?
情景也非常重要
The situation is also important.
即使你喜欢这个话题
Even if you love the topic,
如果你精力不集中或者没时间去思考
you’re more likely to use the peripheral route if you’re
你也更可能会使用外周途径
distracted or don’t have much time to think.
其他因素相对不明确 使得说服变得复杂
Other factors are less straightforward, whichis where persuasion gets complicated.
举个例子 情绪在不同的情况
For example, feeling an emotion can persuade you
有一堆不同的方法来说服你
in a bunch of different ways depending on the situation.
情绪可以是关键性的证据
An emotion could be critical evidence,
比如如果你想知道一个喜剧好不好
like if you’re trying to figure out if a comedy movie is good.
观看时是否开心
If you felt happy while watching it,
是一个决定你是否喜欢它的重要因素
that’s a pretty good reason to decide that you liked it.
其他时候 在你没有积极思考的情况下
Other times, your emotions can influence your opinions
你的情绪会影响的你观点
without you actively thinking about it.
例如 当你喜欢看一个广告的时候
If you feel good watching a commercial, for example,
你也会喜欢广告中的产品
you’ll probably feel good about the product, too.
情绪也可以影响你对某事的思考方式和程度
Emotions can also affect how you think and how much you think about something.
如果你是一个乐观的人
If you’re in a positive mood,
对听到的事你可能不会深刻思考
you might not think as deeply about what you’re hearing.
因此相同的情绪会以不同的方式说服你
So the same emotion can persuade you in different ways,
取决于具体内容
depending on the context.
但是他们可能会让你
But they can also make you
在没有批判地思考下更容易的去相信一些事
more vulnerable to being convinced of something without thinking critically about it.
信息的可信度和来源也起着重要的作用
The credibility and source of the message also play a big part.
一项2016年的研究发现
A 2016 study found
阅读产品评论的人如果知道评论是被买来的
that people who read a product review were more likely to think negatively
他们会更可能对这个产品持消极态度
about the product if they knew the reviewwas sponsored.
这大概因为
That’s probably because,
如果我们知道有人被雇佣去说好话
if we know someone was paid to say good things, it’s harder
我们就很难相信信息是真实的
for us to trust that the message is true,
所以我们会更慎重地考虑它
so we’ll think more critically about it.
如果信息来自一些少数人的观点
We’re also more likely to think harder about arguments
我们也更愿意慎重考虑
if the message comes from someone in the minority opinion.
在一项西班牙的实验中
In an experiment in Spain,
学生们看到一个信息
students read a message
支持把绿色作为学校官方颜色
that supported making green the official school color.
当信息说大多数学生支持这个想法
When the message said the majority of students supported the idea,
那么这个论据
it didn’t much matter
是好还是坏就已经不重要了
whether the arguments for it were good orbad.
阅读者早已认为它大概是个好想法
The reader already thought it was probablya good idea.
但如果它是少数人的观点
But if it was a minority opinion,
通常只有当它有很有力的论据时
they only tended to think it was a good idea
他们才会认为它是好的想法
if it had good arguments.
举个例子 这意味着如果你在FaceBook上看到很多人分享一个信息
Meaning that if you see lots of people sharing something on Facebook, for example,
你可能不会那么关注
you might not think as critically
内容是否是提出了精彩的观点
about whether the content itself is actually making a good point.
但如果只有一个朋友分享了这个观点
But if only one friend shares that opinion,
论据就开始变得重要了
the argument starts to matter more.
因此 这儿有很多不同的因素
So, there are a lot of different things
会影响广告或人是否能说服你
that can affect whether a commercial or person will persuade you.
但是他们都不能保证起效
None of them are guaranteed to work,
尤其是当你意识到发生了什么的时候
though — especially if you realize what’s happening.
你的思想是你自己的
Your mind is your own,
当你认识到 你所在的情景
and when you recognize that you’re in a situation where you’re
会让你更愿意相信某事
more likely to be convinced of something,
你可以决定是否值得
you can decide whether it’s worth taking
多花点时间来考虑这个问题
a little bit of time to think about it.
欢迎收看这集《心理科学秀》
Thanks for watching this episode of SciShowPsych!
如果你愿意看到更多像这个一样的视频
If you’d like to see more videos like this
关于各种让我们大脑和思想工作的复杂因素
about the complicated things that make our brains and minds work,
可以登录“youtube.com/scishowpsych”并订阅
you can go to youtube.com/scishowpsychand subscribe.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

生活中你是如何被说服去相信一个信息的?是凭借论据、证据还是依靠直觉?这儿有两种不同的思考方式,还有很多会影响你思考的因素,像是情绪,情景还有信息来源等

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

天花板上的猫

审核员

审核员_DB

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzevRHUEnVI

相关推荐