未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

午睡能提高工作效率(前提是睡“对”了)

How a Nap Can Boost Your Productivity (If You Do It Right)

超现实主义画家
– The surrealist painter,
萨尔瓦多·达利有个非常有趣的产生灵感的方式
Salvador Dali, had a pretty interesting hack for generating new creative ideas.
午间 他会坐在椅子上
During the afternoons he would sit in his chair
一只胳膊搭在椅子的一边
with one arm draped over the side of that chair
手上拿着把钥匙
holding a key.
钥匙下方是个倒扣着的盘子
And beneath that key therewas an upside down plate.
然后他会慢慢进入睡眠状态
From there he would lethimself drift off until just
直到即将入睡的瞬间
before the moment he wasabout to fall asleep.
手里的钥匙会掉落下来
At which point the key would fall from his hand
咔嗒一声砸到盘子上 使他醒来
to clatter onto the plate and wake him up,
新的艺术灵感经常这样出现
often with a new artistic idea in his mind.
达利称之为 无睡眠的瞌睡技巧
Dali called this techniquesleeping without sleeping.
你也可以认为这是种预置闹铃的
But you might recognize itas a pre-alarm clock version
现代式白日打盹儿
of the modern power nap.
他并不是唯一一个采用这种方式的人
And he wasn’t the only one who used this.
据传托马斯·爱迪生也做过同样的事
Thomas Edison was rumoredto do the exact same thing
只是他用光滑球代替了钥匙
with a ball baring insteadof a key and Beethoven,
贝多芬没有用钥匙或盘子的方式
while he didn’t use this key and plate method,
他喜欢在他的马车里打盹儿
was fond of taking naps in his carriage in order to
以获得音乐灵感
get new musical ideas.
这些人都知道午睡的好处
All of these people knewwell the benefits of an
如果你仔细想想
afternoon nap which is,if you think about it,
这或许是最佳的灵感产生技巧
probably the bestproductivity technique ever.
我是说 如果你仔细回想一下
I mean, if you think about all
我们这个节目曾提到的其他技巧
the other ones we’ve talked about on
比如费曼技巧
this channel, whether it be the Feynman
番茄工作法 或者
technique or the Pomodoro technique, or even
清理你的学习空间
just cleaning up your study space, they
它们都和工作有关
all kind of sort of involve work,
这使得它们变得麻烦
which makes them a hassle.
对吧 谁需要这玩意儿
– Right? Who needs that.
是吧
– Right?- Right.
相比之下
– By contrast,
午后小憩能毫不费力地
taking a nap in the afternoon involves basically no effort whatsoever and yet has a ton
让你获得大量益处
of productivity benefits.
它可以消除疲乏 为之后的时间
It can help deal with feelings of fatigue and leave you more energetic
提供能量 也能
for the rest of the day and it
帮助人更有创造力 巩固记忆
can also help with creativityand memory consolidation.
但是如果你没有睡对
But if you do it wrong
它也会给你带来
it could also just leave you
无力感 浪费你大量的时间
feeling groggy and wastea ton of your time.
正因如此 这周
And because of that I put
我开始了我的研究
on my researching hat this week
我想要找出如何睡一个
and I wanted to figure outwhat actually make a good
有效率的好觉的方法
productive afternoon nap?
这也是你观看这个视频
So that is what you’re going to learn
所需要学习的 我有五样东西要与你分享
in this video and I’ve got five big things to share with you
从基本的瞌睡技巧到其他更高级的
ranging from basic naptechniques to some more advanced
技巧和工具 以及可以帮到你的app
stuff and some tools and even an app that can help you out.
但是 首先我们得回答一个问题
But first we do need toanswer the question why do
为什么大家喜欢打瞌睡
people like to nap in the first place?
关于这点 有两个非常重要的原因
There are a couple reallyimportant reasons for this.
第一 许多人实际上
Number one being that alot of people are actually
相当缺乏睡眠
pretty sleep deprived.
实际上 几年前
In fact, a couple years
CDC做过的一些统计显示
ago the CDC put to some statistics
仅美国就有超过四千万人口
showing that over 40 millionpeople in the US alone
每晚的睡眠时间不超过六小时
get less than six hoursof sleep per night.
这是其一 另一个重要原因
That being said, thereis one other big reason
关于人们为什么喜欢小睡 还必须
why people like to take naps and it has to do
按昼夜节律小睡一会儿
with your circadian rhythm.
人体固有的生物机制掌控着
That built-in biologicalmechanism that governs the
人体一整天的能量补充和消耗
ebbs and flows of your energylevels throughout the day.
大部分人的能量水平在午夜
Most people experiencetheir biggest dip in energy
达到最低值
levels in the middle of the night,
大约是凌晨2点到4点之间
around two to four AM
他们正在舒适地酣睡中
when they are, conveniently, fast asleep.
但是还有一个相当低的能量水平
But there is another prettybig dip in energy levels
出现在下午1点到3点之间
in the afternoon around thehours of one to three PM. Now,
下午 人的能量值下滑水平
the degree to whichyour energy actually drops in the afternoon is definitely gonna vary,
因人而异 也因
both from person to person and based
大量不同的因素
on a ton of different
比如每天晚上
factors including thequality and amount of sleep
睡眠的质量和数量而不同
you actually got at night.
然而实际上 下午仍然是
But the fact still remainsthat an afternoon is a great
补充能量的好时间
way to deal with that dipin energy when it happens.
这又把我们引向一个大问题
So that brings us to our big question,
怎样睡一个好午觉
how do you take a proper afternoon nap?
在午睡之后能让你感觉恢复元气 效率变高
One that leaves you feelingrevitalized and productive
而不是像一辆卡车碾过全身一样
afterwards instead oflike a truck hit you, basically,
我一直以来经历的就是这样的
which is whatI’ve always experienced.
[轻快的音乐]
(upbeat music)
我给你的第一个小贴士
The first tip I have for you has to do
和你的午睡时长以及定时午睡有关
with the duration and timing of your nap.
我们先来说说时长
And we’ll start with duration.
对大多数人来说 午睡的最佳时长
For most people the bestnap duration out there is
大约是十分钟到二十分钟左右
gonna be a 10 to 20 minute nap,
是最典型的 恢复精力的午睡
the prototypical power nap.
睡眠周期可以证明这一点
The reasoning for this hasto do with the sleep cycle,
我在另一个视频里详细说过 因此不再赘述
which I detailed in other videos so I’m not gon na get too deep into here,
基本上 90分钟
but basically sleep happens
左右的睡眠 会经历几个
in a cycle of about 90minutes and it goes through
不同的阶段
several different stages.
一个睡眠周期内 后期会出现
The later stages of thesleep cycle involve slower
更慢的脑电波活动 如果你在
brain wave activity andif you’re woken up during
这其中某个时间段内醒来 你会经历所谓的“睡眠惰性”
one of these stages, you’regonna experience what’s called sleep inertia.
那种无力感会使你想立刻回床上
That feeling of grogginessand that desire to go right
再睡一觉 这不是你午睡一场
back to sleep, which isnot what you want from an
希望得到的结果 现在
afternoon nap. Now,
如果午后你有90分钟的空闲时间
if you happen to have90 minutes free in the afternoon,
请务必睡一场90分钟的午觉
then by all means,get yourself a 90 minute nap,
彻底打破你的睡眠周期
get a full revolutionthrough that sleep cycle and
这会使你获得
that’s actually gon na get you some
额外的益处 这是一场午睡
additional benefits that a power nap won’t
所不能带给你的好处 就像记忆巩固一样
get you, such as memory consolidation.
但是我猜 和我一样 大多数人
But I’m guessing that you,like me, and most other people
下午并没有一个半小时的空闲
don’t have an entire hourand a half in the afternoon
在沙发上进行深度睡眠
to spend conked out on a couch.
所以十到二十分钟
So 10 to 20 minutes is
是最划得来的
going to be the best bang
你可以在下午一点到四点之间
for your buck and you’regonna want to take that
自由选择这十到二十分钟时间
10 to 20 minutes between the hours of one to four PM.
这是因为 一点以前 你也许
This is because beforeone PM you’re probably not
并不是那么疲惫 午后的能量低谷
gonna be all that tired, thatafternoon energy dip hasn’t
还没有影响到你 但更重要的是 四点之后
hit you yet, but moreimportant, after four PM
你再午睡的话 就会影响到夜间的睡眠了
if you take a nap you risk messing with your night’s sleep.
所以在一点到四点间午睡是比较合适的
So try to stick it within that window.
[轻快的音乐]
(upbeat music)
现在你们中的某些人内心深处
Now at this point some of you probably have a little
或许会对这十到二十分钟的建议
nagging question in the back of your mind that has to
挑三拣四
do with that 10 to 20 minutes recommendation.
人们进入睡眠状态就要
And that’s that it takespeople quite a while to
花好一段时间 对吧
fall asleep, right?
你说对了 人们晚上平均要花费
And you’re correct, theaverage person takes around
14分钟时间才能入睡
14 minutes to fall asleepat night and some people
一部分人花的时间明显更久
definitely take longer.
在这种情况下 十到二十分钟的午睡
So given that, wouldn’t a10 to 20 minute power nap
对你来说是不是没什么用
be basically useless ifyou’re not gonna fall asleep
如果连入睡都要话十五分钟的话
15 minutes into it?
这也是我的疑问 但是我偶然读到
That was my suspicion, aswell, but then I came across
“生命黑客”上的一篇文章 标题是
an article on Life Hackercalled How I Mastered the
我如何熟练掌控我的午间睡眠 作者是吉米·特纳
Power Nap written by aguy named Daniel Tenor.
通过他的经历 他发现他可以
And through his experiencehe realized that he could
从瞌睡中获得很多益处 哪怕
gain a lot of benefits fromnapping even if he didn’t
他其实并没有入睡
fall asleep.
一个简单的躺卧动作 闭上你的眼睛
The act of simply laying down and closing your eyes
保持一会儿 只需要放松 你就能
for a while and just relaxing can help with those feelings
消除疲劳 让自己更加有效率
of fatigue and make you more productive.
另外
And what’s more,
他注意到 不期待入睡 对你
he noticed that getting rid of that expectation to fall asleep can actually help you
学习如何更容易地入睡很有帮助
eventually learn tofall asleep more easily.
他写道 打瞌睡是一门学问
And he notes that napping is a skill.
所以当你开始练习的时候
So when you start
你可能并不能轻易入睡
out you may not be able to fall asleep
或者进入那种放松的状态
or get into that relaxed state,
但是过一会儿 你就会越来越容易地入睡了
but after a while you’re gon na find it easier and easier to do.
[轻快的音乐]
(upbeat music)
好了 我第三个贴士和睡眠环境有关
Alright my third tip for you here has to do with your environment.
这有点出人意外 基本上
And it’s gonna come as asurprise to basically nobody
没有人会注意到 最好的瞌睡环境
watching this that thebest environment for taking
差不多和最好的睡眠环境
a nap is pretty much thebest environment for going
是一样的
to sleep, as well.
也就是 某个黑暗又安静的地方
Someplace that’s dark and quiet.
然而问题是 除非你在家工作
But the problem is, unless you work from home,
否则你不太可能找到一个一直
you probably don’t have access to a perpetually
很黑暗且安静的地方
dark and quiet place.
这就是为什么在包里放一些
And that’s why keeping a couple of simple tools
简单的工具就能帮你大忙的原因
in your bag can help you out a lot.
对新手来说 你可以在塔吉特或者沃尔玛
For starters you can picka $5 eye mask at Target
买一个五美元的眼罩 它基本上能让任何地方
or Walmart and that canmake basically any place
都变得黑暗 作为奖励 你迟早会发现
dark and as a bonus it willdefinitely come in handy
当你乘坐红眼航班时它也是有用的
if you ever find yourself on a red eye flight,
我在几周前已经开始这么做了
which I did a couple of weeks ago.
在防噪方面 耳塞非常便宜
And on the noise front, earplugs are extremely cheap
而且真的很好用
and really easy to use,
或者如果你负担得起
or if you can afford it and
并能适应背躺
you are able to sleep
而不是侧躺的睡眠姿势
on your back instead of your side,
降噪耳机实在是笔非常好的投资
noise canceling headphonescan definitely be a good investment.
[轻快的音乐]
(upbeat music)
提到耳机 我的第四个贴士是
Speaking of headphones, myfourth tip for your here
试试“Pzziz”这个手机应用
is to try out an app called Pzziz,
或者发音是“piziz” “pizaz”
or Piziz or Pizaz,
我不知道正确发音是什么
I don’t know how to pronounce it,
但是这个应用真的很酷 有助于午睡
but it’s a pretty cool app for helping you take a nap.
核心是这个应用
At it’s core this is an app
能身边对进入梦乡有益的背景声
that generates ambient soundscapes that are great for falling asleep.
你同样也可以选择语音引导入睡
And you also have the option of having a voice guide you to sleep,
有点像引导冥想
kind of like a guided meditation.
伴随着语音引导 也有许多粒度不同的选择
And there’s a lot of granularity in your options with that voice.
你可以完全关掉它 或者你可以
You can turn it off completelyor you can actually have
令声音在几分钟后渐弱至静音 再引入音乐
it fade out after a few minutes and just transition to that music.
此外 它还有睡眠计时功能 因此你可以
Additionally there’s a sleep timer function so you can tell
告诉它你只想小睡二十分钟
it you only want to nap for 20 minutes and it
它会把你叫醒 防止你进入
‘ll wake you up, which will help prevent you falling
深度睡眠的阶段
into those deeper stages of the sleep schedule
出现睡眠惰性现象
and hitting that sleep inertia.
最后也是最有用的一个贴士
And that brings us to ourlast and most advanced tip
用咖啡来帮助睡眠
which is to try taking acoffee nap which involves
即喝一杯咖啡或是其他含咖啡因的饮品
drinking a cup of coffee orsomething else caffeinated
然后立即进行20分钟的午睡
and them immediately takinga 20 minute power nap.
你可能会想到这个办法听起来有些傻
You’re probably thinkingto yourself that this sounds stupid, right?
因为咖啡因可能会降低睡眠
Because caffeine is going tointerfere with the quality
质量
of your sleep.
但是事实上咖啡因大概会用二十分钟左右的时间
But actually caffeine takesabout 20 minutes to really
来唤醒你的相关系统 所以 通过立即喝一杯咖啡
kick in in your system soby immediately taking a
睡一场充满能量的午觉
power nap right after youdrink that cup of coffee
你会得到午睡
you actually gain thebenefits of both a nap and
和咖啡的双重益处
a cup of coffee.
我见过好多互联网大佬
I’ve seen several prominentinternet people praising
表扬这种操作的好处
the benefits of this practice and
我要跟
yes I am going to go
互联网从业人士推荐这个 因为我想不到更好的词了
with internet people because I can’t think of a better term for it.
但CGP Gray用这个办法 Tim ferris也这么做
But CGP Gray uses it, Tim Ferris uses it,
英国和日本的研究表明
and studies done in both the UK and Japan have found
这比单纯午觉单纯喝咖啡
that it is more beneficial than a nap alone or
更有益
coffee alone.
给你解释一下这个是怎样起作用的
And to give you a littleinsight into how this works,
白天当你的大脑产生了
essentially as you go throughthe day your brain generates
一种叫做腺苷酸的化学物质 可以
a chemical called adenosinewhich builds up the
唤起去睡的欲望
desire to sleep.
现在很明显一旦你小憩一下你的大脑
Now obviously once you take a nap your brain is
将会通过睡眠清除一些腺苷酸
going to clear out some of that adenosine by sleeping,
将会使你觉得
which is gon na help you feel more
更加精力充沛 赶走疲劳 并且
energized and get rid of those feelings of fatigue. And,
你或许听过我在其他视频里说过
as you may have heardme talk about in other videos,
咖啡因分子与腺苷酸分子
caffeine moleculesare actually very similar
在结构上非常的相似
in structure to adenosine molecules.
这说明当他们阻挡那些
Which means that theyactually block those adenosine
腺苷酸神经末梢阻挡真正的腺苷酸分子时
receptors preventing theactual adenosine molecules
以防堵塞 会使你疲惫
from plugging into themand making you feel tired.
所以你最好两种说法都听取
So you kind of get thebest of both worlds.
小憩清除已经存在的腺苷酸
The nap clears out theadenosine that’s already there
咖啡因防止他们堵塞
and the caffeine preventsmore from plugging into
神经末梢 使人感觉更振奋
those receptors, makingyou feel more alert.
现在警告一下 如果你试图
Now one word of warninghere, if you are gonna try
尝试这个小技巧 你需要很仔细
this technique out, you stilldo need to be very careful
建立关于咖啡因的耐受性
about building up adependence to caffeine.
所以如果你享受咖啡因小憩
So if you are gon na try taking a coffee nap,
或许更早喝咖啡会是一个
maybe take it easy on the coffee in the earlier part
好主意
of the day.
我想说另一件事
And I do want to note one other thing while
我就像你老爹一样唠叨一些警告
I’m talking about warnings here and basically being your dad,
关于小憩需要注意的地方
which is that naps should not be used
作为一个小帮助
as a band-aid.
它们不应该被用来掩饰其他
They should not be used tocover up other bad health
使你疲惫的不良习惯
habits that are constantlymaking you tired.
除了在夜晚睡得足够的觉
Aside from getting enough sleep at night you should be
你应该保证足够的锻炼量
making sure that you get enough exercise, you should
确保外出和获取足够的太阳照射
make sure that you go outside and get sunlight exposure
确保你喝了足够多的水
often enough, make sure that you’re drinking enough water,
确保营养均衡
make sure that your nutrition is good.
基本我在这个“你为什么感到疲惫”的视频里
Basically everything Italked about in my why you’re
说的所有事情
always tired video youshould be making sure that
让你明白要对自己的生命负责
you have taken care of in your life.
当然 假设你很注意这些
Provided that you do havethose things taken care of, though,
小憩是可以使你提高生产力
naps can be onemore tool in your arsenal
最行之有效的方法了
for helping boost yourproductivity in the middle
在白天
of the day.
正像历史上的许多名人如爱迪生和达利等人一样
And as Edison and Dali andmany others throughout history
明白小憩可以提高生产力
knew well a nap can alsohelp to boost your creativity
或许可以帮你解决一直困扰你的
and might actually helpyou solve a tough problem
棘手的问题
that you’ve been stuck on.
记住 如果你在找要解决的困难问题
And on that note, if you’re looking for tough problems to solve,
有助于提高你的批判性
problems that will improve your critical
思维技巧 你的分析能力
thinking skills, your analytical abilities,
提高你在数学和科学上的能力 你应该看一下“智慧”
and improve your master in both math and science then you should check out Brilliant.
“智慧”是一个学习平台
Brilliant is a learning platform that takes an
以一种积极的基于挑战的方法来教授数学 科学
active challenge-based approach to teaching math, science,
和电脑科学
and computer science.
经过他们在天文学 引力物理学 微积分学
And throughout their courses on astronomy, on gravitational physics, calculus,
电脑算法
computer algorithms,
电脑记忆的课程等等
computer memory, and manymany more you’re gonna find
你会发现你立即被抛进了那些挑战中
yourself immediately throwninto challenging problems that,
第一 立即建立起学科兴趣
number one, buildyour interest in the subject immediately,
通常不会发生在课堂上
which oftendoesn’t happen in courses that
建立更有效的专业知识
start more passively, andbuild your expertise much
此外
more efficiently. Additionally,
当你发现你自己
when you find yourself stuck on a
被课程中的问题难住
challenging problem in one of their courses, you
你将能找到一个极其详尽的维基页面
‘re also gon na find an extremely detailed wiki
有着很多很多例子
with tons of example problems details that can
来帮助你理解和与其他学习者
help to flush out your understanding and an active community
更积极的交流
of thousands of other learners.
所以 如果你想开始提高你的解决问题能力
So if you want to start improving your problem solving abilities,
我强烈推荐“智慧”
I highly recommend giving Brilliant a try.
你应该看看“智慧”来免费学习
You can go over tobrilliant.org/thomasfrank to start
点进链接的
learning for free todayand the first 83 people who
前83名用户朋友
click on that link
可以立马获得八折总学费的优惠
in the description down below will also get 20 % off of their annual subscription.
蟹蟹“智慧”!
Huge thanks to Brilliant
赞助了这个视频和这个频道
for sponsoring this video and being a continued supporter of this channel and,
谢谢观看
as always guys, thankyou so much for watching.
我注意到
Also it has come to my attention
大部分的你们
that a lot of you
都不知道我有播客
do not know that I have a podcast.
我真的有
And I do,
我和我朋友马丁每周都做
I do it with my friend Martin every single week
所以你如果想知道更多的内容
so if you want more content like this,
看更长的视频 看这里
but in a longer format definitely check out our
最新的一集
latest episode right here.
最后 你可以在这个频道找到更多的视频
Lastly you can find one more video on this channel right over here.
用你的脸使劲砸手机 干你想干的
Smash your face on yourphone, do whatever you want,
我又不是你爸爸 不会管你的
I’m not your dad, do whatever you want,
我不在乎
I don’t care man. Yeah,
视频结束了
video’s over.
我要睡一觉去
I’ma go take a nap.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

午睡的相关事项~

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

solar🌞️

审核员

审核员 LD

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysoGeZQ3dEA

相关推荐