ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

什么都舍不得扔?学个新词,你是不是Hoarder – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

什么都舍不得扔?学个新词,你是不是Hoarder

Hoarding

某种程度上我是个囤积狂
I am somewhat of a hoarder.
我不是很喜欢这个词的发音
I don’t even like pronouncing that word:
囤积狂…囤…积…狂
Hoarder…HoOoOOrRrrRrRDoOoOOORrrrrr…xd
虽然我离真正的囤积狂还有一段差距
And while it may not be to the extent of the people on the show “Hoarders,”
但我的储藏室确实囤了很多货
it still poses a problem for my storage space.
可能是因为我从小就养成了勤俭节约的习惯
It may have stemmed from my upbringing of making sure not to waste anything.
为什么呢?
Why?
因为这样能省钱啊
Because you’ve saved money that way.
是的
Mmhm.
没错 我是天才
Yeah, genius.
我父母一直告诫我要吃干净盘里的食物
My parents always told me to finish my food.
如果盘里剩下一两根香肠没吃完
If there was one or two pieces left of that longanisa,
“要么现在就把它们吃了
“someone better be finishing that either now or
要么明天带去学校当午餐
tomorrow when you pack it for lunch when you go to school.
你是没有买来的Lunchables午餐包 不过我才不在乎同学们是否会因此取笑你呢”
I don’t care if the kids make fun of you just because you’re not eating some lame-ass lunchables.”
从小我就被灌输这种观念:
And that was the mindset I grew up with:
现在不需要的东西
if you have something you don’t need at the moment,
以后可能会用到
you’ll probably need it later.
放着不用 总好过用时没有吧
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
我小时候收集了很多毛绒公仔
I used to have a bunch of plushies that I’ve accumulated throughout my childhood.
我把它们都摆在床头的架子上
I had them all on display on my headboard shelf
但上大学以后我就想:
But once I hit university I thought,
“它们该退休了吧
“Maybe it’s time to retire these,
不过这个不能扔…我喜欢这个”
except this one… I like this one.”
但是我转念一想:“心里很舍不得啊
But I also thought, “These hold a special place in my heart,
我结婚后就会有孩子 不如留给我家小孩吧”
maybe I’ll save them until I get married and have kids and then I’ll just give it to them!”
这样我就能省下买新玩具的钱
Therefore I’ll save money by not having to buy new toys,
前提是不可预测的孩子们不嫌弃我的旧玩具
and assume that my unpredictable kids want my old ones.
或许一两年后 父母不告诉我一声就把它们捐了
Maybe one or two years pass and I find out my parents donated them without my acknowledgment.
我可能有点小悲伤
I was a *little* sad,
不过我记得其中很多都是前任送的礼物
but then I remembered that a lot of them were gifts from exes, so…
最终就释怀了
I got over it eventually.
好的 现在我问大家个问题:
Ok hold on, question for you guys:
你们还留着前任的礼物吗?
Do you keep gifts from exes?
我知道很多人都喜欢处理掉
I know a lot of people like to purge everything they
那些让他们想起前任的东西
owned that reminded them of a preceding partner,
但我发现自己留着很多东西
but I found myself keeping a lot of the things I got,
那些实用的东西更要留着了
more so if they were functional.
但是只负责漂亮的戒指和手镯
But even if they were aesthetic like a ring or a bracelet,
我也会留着
I kept them too.
我不是要对送礼物者表示尊敬
I didn’t keep them to honor the gifter,
只是因为我带上很漂亮
but simply because I thought it looked nice on me.
这个理由奇怪么?
Is…is that weird?
有人觉得这种想法奇怪 我说一下我的观点:
Some people find that weird, but here is my opinion:
如果你送给我某件物品
if you gave me something,
那么你就放弃了那件物品的所有权
you’ve relinquished your ownership of that object
并把所有权转移给了我
and have transfered it to me.
所以它现在是我的所有物
It is now my possession.
不管它是寓意深刻 还是饱含感情
And whether or not it means something deeper or more
处理权都在我
sentimental, is up to me alone,
谁也管不了
and no one else.
曾经我有过一段恋情
There was one time I got out of a relationship
还收到了某件配饰
of which I obtained a certain accessory.
然后我又遇到一个女孩 我们刚认识不久
I eventually met another girl whom I was getting to know.
其实那段时间 我已经忘了前女友
And during that time I’ve already moved on from my ex.
完完全全忘记了
Like one hUNDEHRED PURR-SCENT.
不过 我经常戴着前女友给我的钨钢指环
Anyway, I often wore this Tungsten ring that was given to me by the aforementioned ex.
然后现女友提起指环 问我哪里来的
And the girl brought it up and asked where I got it.
回答前我就预见到了她的反应
Before I answered I already predicted the kind of response I would get.
所以我就试着解释 这指环没啥特别的
So I tried to explain how it didn’t mean anything
我就是单纯地喜欢它而已
and I just simply liked the ring.
然后她就反驳我
Well she proceeded to deny my claim and tried to
还非要我承认对前女友念念不忘
convince me that I still had underlying feelings for my ex.
姑娘 你还是不了解我啊!
Bitch. You. Don’t. Know. Me!
然后我的现女友很苦恼
She was very upset.
我理解她这样想的原因
And I understood why she would assume that and I was
如果知道她在意这种事 我就不戴这个指环了
willing to stop wearing the ring if I knew it upset her,
但是她不相信我的感情
but she just wouldn’t trust my feelings.
而且我不知道该怎么说服她
I didn’t know how else to convince her otherwise.
好吧 这段感情还是没能走下去
Partially bad move of my end, I admit,
但严格说来 这戒指就是我的
but the ring was technically mine,
只是碰巧送它的人是前女友
I just happened to obtain it from an ex.
如果现女友愿意 我可以戴上她给的东西
If she’d prefer I’d wear something that honored her,
所以欢迎来送
then she was welcome to get me something.
对我来说 感情压倒美感
For me sentiment overrides aesthetic.
即使我们没在约会 但如果女性朋友送我指环
We weren’t exactly dating but if a new partner got me a new ring,
就算尺寸不合适 我也会戴上
even if they didn’t get the right size,
我会戴上这个 摘下以前的
I’ll still wear it over the old one.
不管怎样吧 我们回到囤积这个话题上
Anyway back to hoarding,
以前我的囤积行为更严重
I’d say it was much worse when I was younger.
我经常寻找地上随意丢弃的废品
I used to find random crap on the ground that I thought
认为它们肯定别有用处
could be purposed for something else.
一时半会儿可能发现不了它的用处
I may not know that purpose at the moment,
但我相信以后总会发现的
but I believed I would later.
你们还记得…
Do you guys remember…
爆旋陀螺吗?
Beyblades?
现在也有人在玩
I mean they’re still around.
爆旋陀螺曾在学校里风靡一时
But when they were the new fad at every school,
我经常能在地上发现一些爆旋陀螺上的小零件
I used to find little metal pieces on the floor
因为小时候的我总是低着头四处转悠
because I looked at the ground a lot when I walked around as a kid.
我会试着用捡来的零件修理我的爆旋陀螺
But I would always try and modify my Beyblades with these pieces.
当然 修理以后陀螺可能
Granted, they may have made my tops a little more
比原来更危险
dangerous than they already were,
但我很乐意用捡来的零件自己修
but I had a lot of fun customizing it with the trash that I found
我在变废为宝啊
which I turned into my treasure.
爆旋陀螺过气后
But even after the Beyblade hype,
我还留着盒子里那些金属零件
I still kept all those metal pieces in a box…
盒子可能放在我父母家地下室的某个角落
…that’s probably still somewhere in my parent’s basement.
再举个角色扮演的例子
The same goes for cosplay,
这件事说来奇怪 因为我并不经常玩角色扮演
which is odd for me, because I don’t even cosplay that often.
但我不经意遇到某些东西时 就会想:
But I’d find random things where I think:
“嗯 我以后角色扮演时可能会用到这东西”
“Hmm this might be useful for a future cosplay >;)”
比如我妹妹来我房间问我:
For example my sister would walk into my room and would be like,
“嘿 我有一些维克罗粘扣 你要不要?”
“Hey I found Velcro, do you need Velcro?”
我会回答:“现在不需要 但你拿来吧”
And I’d be like, “No not at the moment, but I’ll take it.”
重点是 几年后我确实要用到维克罗粘扣
But the thing is, by the time I did need that Velcro years later,
但我忘了放哪儿了
I’ve already misplaced it–
然后我就在囤积物品的盒子和袋子中卖力翻找
and I would have to dig through boxes and bags of other hoarded objects.
不过我要是急着用粘扣
And if I needed that Velcro in a rush,
可能就去买新的了
I’d probably just buy new Velcro.
然后孤狼粘扣就被留在了房间的犄角旮旯
And then I’m just left with that Lone Wolf Velcro that’s somewhere in the house,
它可能还会遇到爆旋陀螺零件 之后成为好友
probably met up with the Beyblade pieces and became friends,
毕竟它们都是同病相怜的被抛弃者
because they had a common abandoner.
唉……
*Sigh*
♪我有很多T恤衫 我有大把大把的海报♪
♪ I’ve got T-shirts and posters a-plenty ♪
♪我有很多耳机 有很多优惠券♪
♪ I’ve got headphones and coupons galore ♪
♪你的充电线坏了吗?♪
♪ You want charging cables that don’t work anymore♪
♪我有二十条存货呢♪
♪ I’ve got twenty ♪
♪谁在乎呢?♪
♪ But who cares? ♪
♪没啥大不了的♪
♪ No big deal ♪
♪多多益善♪
♪ I want MOREEEEEEE ♪
♪但是不行啊 我公寓里放不下了♪
♪ But I probably shouldn’t, because my condo has limited space ♪
我处理囤货的方式很简单:
The way I got around this was simple:
时不时清理一下
clean up every now and then.
“天啊 多姆你简直是天才”
“Oh my goodness Dom, you’re a freaking genius”.
“我们活在2017年 你却活在3017年”
“We’re in 2017 while you in 3017”.
商品买来后 我往往会留着商品包装盒
I tend to keep a lot of the original boxing or packaging of products I bought,
万一哪一天我要挂在克雷格列表网站上卖呢
thinking I might sell them on Craigslist someday,
但我知道自己懒得折腾
but really I know I’d be too lazy to do that,
所以我做的就是循环利用
so I should just recycle them.
如果衣柜或抽屉里有一些
If there are clothes at the end of the closet
我一年之内都不会穿的衣服
or at the bottom of the pile in my drawers that I haven’t worn in a year,
那么那些衣服可能是时候下岗了
then it was probably time to retire them.
就把它们捐出去 处理掉吧 不要留着
Donate them, something, just give them up.
我知道对囤积狂来说 捐东西听着容易做着难
I know it sounds easy on paper, but personally
但我是这样想的 我不常用的某件物品
if I don’t use an item on a regular basis, then
别人可能会更需要
it’s probably better that someone else does.
在这里我要感谢Audible对本视频的大力支持
Hi guys, just wanna let you know that this video is been brought to you by Audible,
Audible提供优质有声书和其它商品
an awesome provider of premium audio books and other products.
如果你登录网址audible.com/domics
If you head on over to audible.com/domics,
或直接点开下面的链接
link below,
你就能成为临时会员 免费阅读30天的有声书
you can claim a FREE audio book with a 30 day trial membership.
我目前在听欧尼斯特·克莱因的《玩家一号》
One that I’m currently listening to is Ernest Cline’s “Ready Player One”.
我在首页看到这本书 注意到它还涉及到电子游戏
I saw it on the front page and noticed that it involved video games,
所以我没犹豫就买来看了
so I did not hesitate to check it out.
《玩家一号》还要拍成电影
There will also be a movie based on the book,
所以我提前看一下原版书
so I thought I’d get the original experience beforehand.
我完全被书中的情节吸引了
And I’m pretty hooked.
如果你对电子游戏 角色扮演 虚拟现实
If your interests involve video games, role playing,
以及其演变成的反乌托邦未来感兴趣
virtual reality, and how they’ve evolved into a futuristic dystopia,
我首推《玩家一号》这本书
then “Ready Player One” is my top recommendation.
而且威尔·韦顿也读了这本书 内容真的很不错
Plus Will Wheaton reads it, so that’s a treat.
但如果这本书不合你口味
But if that’s not quite your cup of tea,
Audible上还有很多其它好书供你选择
Audible’s got a huge selection of other titles at your disposal.
Audible软件能兼容大多数设备
The app’s available on most devices,
所以无论在家还是出门在外 都能听有声书
so you can listen at home or on the go.
所以登陆audible.com/domics
Again that’s audible.com/domics
你就能获得30天试用 免费阅读有声书
for a 30 day trial and a free audio book.
还有 就算你不打算成为长期会员
Heck, even if you don’t stick around,
那里也有免费的有声书供你阅读!
that’s a free book for ya!
享受阅读吧!
Enjoy!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

你是一个天生的囤积狂吗?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

ccz

审核员

审核团HN

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYk-24QHQ1s

相关推荐