ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

保护古迹 从现在开始 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

保护古迹 从现在开始

Help discover ancient ruins -- before it's too late | Sarah Parcak

我最喜欢的发现是什么
what my favorite discovery is.
我在我俩最喜欢的一对雕像前向他求婚
I proposed to him in front of our favorite pair statue
与我共度余生
to spend the rest of this life with me,
因为当我们看着它们时
because when we look at them,
并未改变
has not changed.
就是你能想像的最诱人的情妇
is the most seductive mistress imaginable.
我在一个遗址挖掘
I worked at a site
(笑声)
(laughter)
(掌声)
(Applause)
如果我们能这样认知人类社会
what the world would be like today
(掌声)
(Applause)
我相信有待我们去发现的遗址还有很多
in terms of what’s left to discover.
还有数百万个考古遗址
that there are millions of undiscovered archaeological sites
没道德的贩运者
the unethical traffickers
甚至是国际市场的无法可依来牟利
or even completely nonexistent laws.
你能看到 这些标记的盗洞
you can see the looting pits marked here.
在这个地区特别集中 从2009 2011 2012年起——
At one site, the looting got bad from 2009, 2011, 2012 —
数百个盗洞
hundreds and hundreds of pits.
在整合所有的数据后
Putting all the data together,
我们发现的与一般的认知相反
what we found is that, contrary to popular opinion,
埃及的掠夺情况变严重 并非始于2011年的阿拉伯之春
looting did not start to get worse in Egypt in 2011 after the Arab Spring,
而是全球经济衰退之后的2009年
but in 2009, after the global recession.
因此 大数据明白的显示
Thus, we’ve shown with big data
对墓葬的掠夺根本上是个经济问题
that looting is fundamentally an economic issue.
如果我们什么都不做
If we do nothing
不阻止这个问题
to stop the problem,
所有的埃及遗址都会在2040年以前被掠夺殆尽
all of Egypt’s sites will be affected by looting by 2040.
因此 我们正处于关键点
Thus, we are at a tipping point.
我们这一代
We are the generation
有阻止掠夺的工具和技术
with all the tools and all the technologiesto stop looting,
但我们的动作还不够快
but we’re not working fast enough.
有时一个考古遗址
Sometimes an archaeological site
有着你意想不到的韧性
can surprise you with its resilience.
我刚刚从考古现场回来
I am just back from the field,
参与了一个由我和埃及政府的文物部共同领导的一个联合任务
where I co-led a joint mission with Egypt’s Ministry of Antiquities
在一个叫勒斯特的遗址里
at a site called Lisht.
此遗址可以远溯至公元前2000至1750年的埃及中王国
This site dates to the Middle Kingdom of Egypt between 2,000 and 1,750 BC.
中王国是古埃及的文艺复兴时期
The Middle Kingdom was Ancient Egypt’s Renaissance period.
经历了一段时期的激烈内部冲突
After a time of intense internal strife
和环境方面问题的挑战后
and environmental challenges,
建筑和文学的复兴
architecture and literature.
我们已绘制标记下无数被掠夺后的遗址墓葬坑洞
we had already mapped countless looting pits.
看到几十个盗洞
you see dozens of looting pits.
这是北勒斯特
North Lisht.
这是南勒斯特
This is in South Lisht,
掠夺之前和之后
before and after.
我们第一次考察勒斯特遗址时
When we first visit the site
塞满棺木 珠宝首饰
full of coffins, jewelry
所以 当我们开始工作时
So, when we started work,
穆罕默德·约瑟夫找到我并对我说
Mohamed Youssef, approached me and said,
但不认为会找到任何东西
but I didn’t think we’d find anything.
“财政监督”
“Overseer of the Treasury.”
让名字永志不朽是他们的目标
having their name last for eternity was their goal.
然后有一天
And then one day,
我与一起工作的埃及同事
Working together with my Egyptian colleagues,
我原先对被掠夺遗址的假设
is that everything I had assumed about looted sites
有时候你会在旅途中找到 你长期失散的家人——
Sometimes when you travel, you end up finding long-lost family —
欧默尔是我的首席运营长和首席财务长
Omer is my COO and CFO.
多年前的某一天
One day many years ago,
而欧默尔当时是个不怎么会说英语的年轻农村人
and Omer was a young Gufti who couldn’t speak much English,
我们竟然出生于同一年
that we were born in the same year,
同一月和同一天
the same month and the same day,
是双胞胎
Twins.
给了我一张2000美元的支票
He handed me a check for $2,000,
将来有一天 你也对别人这样做”
Someday you will do this for someone else.”
(笑声)
(Laughter)
这些遗产涵括了人类集体韧性和创造力的线索
which contains clues to humankind’s collective resilience and creativity.
谢谢
Thank you.
(掌声)
(Applause)
你只要登录 建个用户名——
What you’ll do is sign in, create a username —
你要看一个教程 然后就可以开始了
You’ll take a tutorial and you’ll start work.
由你去寻找特征
and you’ll be looking for features.
然后你开始找
You’ll then be starting to look.
看到了任何疑似被破坏或掠劫的遗址吗?
Do you see any potential site damage or site looting?
助力建立一个新的全球警报系统
and will help create a new global alarm system
五十年前
Fifty years ago,
九十四年前
Ninety-four years ago,
通过创建此平台 我们将会找到
By creating this platform, we will find the
数十亿先人的数百万个居住地
millions of places occupied by the billions of people that came before us.
如果我们想回答“我们是谁”这个大问题
If we want to answer the big questions about who we are?
请帮忙寻找和保护古老的遗址
Help find and protect ancient sites

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

作为一名卫星考古学家,萨拉·帕卡克(Sarah Parcak)博士得到了“当代印第安纳·琼斯”的美誉。她开创性地运用了21世纪的红外科技,让很多已经被遗忘的历史重见天日。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

甪里

审核员

AF

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rftagV38YKY

相关推荐