ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

林雪守护者:林中坚守40年记录雪情 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

林雪守护者:林中坚守40年记录雪情

He Spent 40 Years Alone in the Woods, and Now Scientists Love Him | Short Film Showcase

林雪守护者
Have you ever wondered
你有没有好奇过
if you watch the snow long enough,
如果观察得足够久
what stories it might tell.
雪花会告诉你什么故事?
There is someone who has done it.
真的有人这样做了
His name is Billy Barr.
他就是Billy Barr
I spell out small ‘b-i-l-l-y’, small ‘b-a-r-r’.
我用小写来拼名字 “b-i-l-l-y” “b-a-r-r”
Some people call him the Snow Guardian.
一些人称他为林雪守护者
He lives in a cabin out in the woods.
他住在森林里的一间小屋
Picture this, it’s a snowy day, it’s dark and cold
想象一下 在一个又黑又冷的下雪天
and you make a fire and you’re sitting by the fire
你生起炉火 坐在火旁
and you are reading with a cup of tea
然后喝着咖啡读着书
and it goes on for nine month.
这样的生活要持续九个月
Billy lives alone
Billy一个人住在这儿
in this house he helped build
这所小屋是他帮着建起来的
Here he grows his garden,
他在这里开辟花园
has an impressive hat collection,
收集各式帽子
loves cricket and dreams of Bollywood.
喜爱曲棍球 梦想去宝莱坞
Every couple of weeks,
每两个星期
he skis back into the nearest town for supplies.
他滑雪到最近的镇上 去买必需品
He’s been doing this for more than forty winters.
过去的40多个冬季 他都是这样度过的
But Billy does a little more than just read and drink tea.
但Billy做的 不只是读书喝茶
For those forty winters,
这40个冬天里
Billy has kept a meticulous record of snow
Billy在他的小世界中
in his little part of the world.
一丝不苟地记录下雪情
OK, like I said, February 26th 1978
好的 就像我说的 1978年2月26日
10 and a half inches snow that day.
那天雪量为10.5英寸
January 20th, minus 11.5.
1月20日 雪量为-11.5
April 28th 1980, I was 41.
1980年4月28日 我41岁
Woo, that sounds nice.
听起来不错
1997. One heck and chilly snow,
1997年 一场异常冷的雪
a weasel was rolling around inside the shack.
一只黄鼠狼在棚屋里打滚
Damn, the birds were back.
鸟都飞回来了
I lived in an eight by ten-foot old shack.
我住在一个80平方英尺的老棚屋里
No electricity, no water.
水电全无
And I had nothing and I was just there all day.
我一无所有 整天只是呆在那儿
The main thing I interacted with was the weather and the animals.
我主要接触的就是天气和动物
So I started recording things just because there’s something to do.
因此我开始记录事物 这样我就有事可做
I had nothing to prove, no goals, no anything.
我不需要证明什么 没有目标 什么都没有
There’s actually a researcher at the lab wanted to look at it.
有个实验室的研究员想看一下那些记录
And then once he started looking at it scientifically,
然后 打从他科学系统地开始看
Then all of a sudden, like, these decades’ worth of data
仿佛突然之间 这些积累几十年的数据
were being used for more than my own curiosity.
用处就不仅限于我的好奇心了
Billy has done this every day, twice a day, all winter long.
整个冬季 Billy每天都做记录 一天两次
I keep going until the snow is gone.
我坚持这样记录 直到雪停了
If it snows I will record that no matter when.
只要一下雪 不管什么时候我都要做记录
The trend I see is that we are getting a permanent snowpack later
我发现 不久后我们会迎来不变的积雪量
and we get to bare ground sooner.
离地面裸露之日也不远了
We’ll have years where there’s a lot of snow on the ground.
未来的年份里 地面会常年积雪
And then, we lost no sooner than years
然后 用不了几年
and had a lot less snow just because it’s a lot warmer now.
雪会越来越少 因为现在气温更暖和
In a normal winter, you’d expect to have
正常的冬天里 你会检测到
45 record high temperatures.
4到5个创记录的高温
Last year, billy recorded 36.
去年 Billy记录到36个
Not only it’s a world a lot warmer,
世界不仅更暖和了
we are getting all the dust blowing in.
灰尘也都被吹过来了
As soon as you get dust on the snow, it melts like that.
灰尘一旦落到雪上 雪就会融化
you’re talking about the snowpack,
讲到积雪量
the water supply for most of the southwest.
这是西南方大部分地区的水源
I’m not real hopeful
我真的不抱希望
just because I don’t know how you reverse something like that.
因为 我不知道如何才能反转这种情况
As we leave Colorado behind,
当我们要离开科罗拉多时
Billy imparts one last bit of advice:
Billy给了我们最后一个建议
it’s like anything else,
就像任何事情
you know, I learned to ski to get around
我学习到处去滑雪
I learned how the ski better
我学习如何滑地更好
so I wouldn’t fall down all the time.
这样我就不会总是摔倒
Over a period of the time I kind of learned
经过一段时间 我学会了
how to survive in this environment.
如何在这种环境中生存
Actually learning the fall was probably the most important thing.
实际上 学会摔倒可能是最重要的事
You’re gonna fall sit.
你会摔倒
A lot easier fall on your butt than on your face.
屁股着地比脸着地要好很多
适应气候变化
摔倒的时候 屁股着地
而不要用脸着地

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

气候变化与人类活动息息相关 我们要学会摔倒 学会站立

听录译者

澈白叶

翻译译者

Withme

审核员

审核员HJ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L72G8TLtTCk

相关推荐