未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

白天哈佛学生晚上城市议员

Harvard senior by day, city councilor by night

[determined music]
[坚毅乐声]
My name is Justin Tseng, I’m from Medford, Massachusetts.
我叫曾正义 来自马萨诸塞州的梅德福市
I am in the class of 2022
我是2022级学生
and I study social studies and East Asian studies.
主攻社会科学和东亚研究学
Growing up in Medford is actually a very rewarding experience
在梅德福出生长大的经历是非常有益的
because I find Medford very salt of the earth.
因为我发现 当地人们心地善良质朴
It’s also very diverse and so you grow up with people
梅德福市多元多样 伴你成长的邻居们
who, neighbors who look different from you
他们的样貌以及生活经历
and who have different lived experiences from you.
和你的都不相同
That I think really broadens our world perspective.
我觉得这使我们的世界观念更为广阔
And so that’s why I decided to run for office,
这就是为何我也决定竞选政治职位
because I think that, that lived experience is super important
因为我觉得我们的政治家和领导者们
for our politicians and our leaders to know about and to take into account
为城市制定政策时认识和考虑
when they’re creating policy for a city.
多样的生活经历是很重要的
Even if I wasn’t going to win the election,
即便我无法赢得选举
it was important for me to step in there to try my best to shape the conversation.
我尽最大努力居中协调 影响政治会话 很重要
As a councilor,
作为市议员
you have these priorities when you’re running for office
你在竞选职位时会有一些优先事务
and they don’t really change, right? They’re still core issues to me.
这些事务不会改变 仍然是我的核心事务
But then you have the daily issues at City Hall,
但之后你就得在市政厅处理日常事务
legal services or budgeting, the services we provide for residents.
提供法律服务 预算服务以及各项惠民服务
And so for me, the way to kind of marry these two sets of priorities
对我而言 将这两类事务予以结合的方法
is to really apply the issues that I’ve run on
就是将我以往的处事经验
as a lens to the daily workings of City Hall.
运用到市政厅日常工作上
When it comes to racial justice and racial equity,
当提到种族公正与种族平等
for me, it’s about seeing, you know,
对我来说 主要是要看 你知道的
what is the city doing now in terms of providing services
这个城市当下提供了怎样的服务
and how can we make those services more equitable?
以及我们如何使那些服务更为公平合理?
I decided to run now as a student
我决定在现在读书时就竞选
because I really think that I can bring a lens to the issue,
因为我真的认为 自己对于这些问题
a perspective on the issue that really takes advantage of the now.
能够以利用当下的视角来看待
I looked in the mirror and I realized
我看向镜子里的我 告诉自己
if we didn’t take advantage of the moment
如果我们不把握当下机会
in terms of responding to climate change,
对气候变化做出任何响应
in terms of responding to racial justice issues in Medford
并解决梅德福市的种族公正问题的话
I would feel like we missed an opportunity there.
我便会觉得我们错失良机
众所周知 我们正面临气候紧急的局面
这不仅发生在梅德福市
该问题和我们每个人都息息相关
For the next two years that I’m in office,
我在政的未来两年
increasing the everyday quality of life is really on the top of my mind.
提升人们日常生活的质量 将会是我的主要任务
How can we in the next two years tangibly improve our school system
在未来的两年里 我们该如何切实改善我们的校园系统
and how can we relieve that financial pressure off of our families
当提到离开梅德福市以及支付租金时
when it comes to paying rent and being pushed out of our city?
又该如何减缓我们家庭的资金负担?
My hope is that in the next two years
希望在未来的两年里
we’ll be able to address some of these issues.
我们能够解决其中一些问题
The truth is change takes a while,
尽管改变需要时间
but I’m optimistic that we’re heading in the right direction.
但是我乐观地相信 我们正走在正确的道路上

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

马萨诸塞州梅德福市的Justin Tseng(曾正义/贾斯汀·曾),仍在哈佛大学就读,但是他志向从政。他希望能够对当地市区服务做出改善与贡献。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Arthur

审核员

审核员SRY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x49pKhs9rGg

相关推荐