未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

手持特斯拉线圈枪(慢镜头)

Handheld TESLA COIL GUN at 28,000fps - Smarter Every Day 162

Hey it’s me Destin, welcome back to Smarter Every Day.
大家好 我是Destin 欢迎回到机灵日
There’s only few times in your life when you look at something
生活中很少有这样一种情况 你看到一些东西
and you’re like: “You know, this can’t be a thing.”
然后想“这是不可能的”
But it is a thing!
但却是可能的!
This video is just like that.
这个视频就是这样
We’re going to look at an invention today by Nikola Tesla,
我们将看看尼古拉·特斯拉的一项发明
but the thing is, it looks just like a video game,
有一个问题是 这个发明看起来像电子游戏一样
but I assure you this video is real.
但是我向你保证 这个视频里的东西是真实的
Before we check that out, I want to go look at a couple of contributions he made to society
在我们开始之前 我想介绍一下他在19世纪80年代刚移民到美国时
as soon as he emigrated to the U.S. in the 1880s.
对社会作出的一些贡献
If you’ve ever done a patent search on Nikola Tesla, you’ll be amazed.
如果你曾经搜索过尼古拉·特斯拉拥有的专利 你将会感到惊奇
It’s all there!
各种类型都有!
Pumps, guidance, power distribution, fluid propulsion,
泵 导航 配电装置 流体推进
wireless energy, and a super important one: motors.
无线电能 以及非常重要的一项——发动机
Tesla created a multi-phase AC generator system
特斯拉创造了一种多相交流发电机系统
that first proved it could work at the Ames Hydroelectric Power Plant in Colorado.
该系统首先在科罗拉多州的艾姆斯水力发电站投入使用
This led to Tesla teaming up with George Westinghouse
这使得特斯拉开始与乔治·威斯汀豪斯一起工作
and creating the first large-scale AC power plant at Niagara Falls,
两人在尼亚加拉瀑布城建立了世界上第一座大型交流发电站
which was a huge deal.
这在当时是一笔不小的交易
If you haven’t seen it,
如果你还没有看过
this really cool statue of Tesla overlooks the Canadian side of Niagara Falls.
特斯拉的这座超酷的雕像可以俯瞰尼亚加拉大瀑布的加拿大面
My favorite part of the statue tells how it came up with the idea of AC power.
我最喜欢的是这座雕像诉说了交流电如何想出来的
He said he was walking in a park in Budapest with a friend
特斯拉说 他和一个朋友在布达佩斯的一个公园里散步时
when suddenly the idea of rotating magnetic fields came to him like lightning,
旋转磁场的想法像闪电一样突然从他脑中闪过
so he drew it in the dust.
于是他在地上把这个想法画了下来
Speaking of lightning, Tesla carried out incredible experiments
说到闪电 特斯拉在科罗拉多斯普林斯
with high voltage arcs in Colorado Springs.
进行了令人难以置信的高压电弧实验
One such experiment involved making this circuit.
其中一项实验涉及制作图示电路
There’s a power supply which charges a capacitor,
这里有一个电源为电容器充电
and when the capacitor fills up in arcs across a spark gap,
电容器的火花隙间中充满电弧后
which dumps that energy into a primary coil.
会将能量传送到初级线圈中
A secondary coil is tuned to the same frequency for resonance,
次级线圈需要调到相同的频率以产生谐振
and then boosts that voltage, and there you have it. Lightning.
然后升高电压 你就能得到闪电了
There’s a company called One Tesla that makes do-it-yourself Tesla coils
有一家名叫One Tesla的公司 生产自制特斯拉线圈
that you can buy and assemble all by yourself as long as you know how to solder.
只要你知道如何焊接 就可以买来自己组装
My buddy Philip works at a nuclear plant,
我的朋友Philip在一家核电厂工作
so since we’re dealing with high-voltage, I got him to come over and help me out.
因为我们的内容与高压有关 所以我请他过来帮忙
These things are super cool and a great place to start
这些东西非常棒 如果你想制作自己的线圈
if you want to build your own coil.
这非常适合进行初次尝试
Instead of using a spark gap like Tesla did,
不同于特斯拉采用的火花间隙
this thing uses a really fancy inhibitor circuit that lets you do really cool stuff.
它用了一个非常花哨的抑制器电路 让你能做非常酷的事情
You can load MIDI files onto an onboard SD card
你可以将MIDI(乐器数字接口)文件加载到板载SD卡上
and it will play whatever song you want.
然后它就可以播放任何歌曲
I wanted to hear it play O Fortuna.
我想听它播放《哦 命运女神》
[buzzing in the tune of ‘O Fortuna’] Whoa!
[《哦 命运女神》的曲调中夹杂着嗡嗡声] 哇!
Obviously, the next step was to try to impress the kids.
显然 下一步是尝试打动孩子们
[buzzing to the tune of ‘Super Mario Bros. – Main Theme’]
[超级马里奥兄弟主题曲中带着嗡嗡声]
That is so cool!
太酷了!
After this, we started trying to methodically probe the limits of the system
之后 我们有条不紊地开始尝试探索该系统的极限
to see what it was really capable of,
以彻底了解它
but I got a little too confident,
但我有点太自信了
and in my excitement I started to do things with that the manuel tells you not to do.
在激动的心情下 我做了一些手册中告知别做的事情
Looking back at it this is kind of funny,
现在再看有点可笑
because you can see the exact second when i go from pure geek joy, to instant regret.
因为你可以清楚地看到 我由开心变为沮丧的一瞬间
[rapid, high pitched buzzing]
[急促 高音调的嗡嗡声]
Are you seein’ this?
看到了吗?
Oh it broke!
哦 它坏了!
I broke it and I feel bad about that,
我把它弄坏了 为此我非常难过
because I knew what I was doing, I over drove it.
因为我知道自己在做什么 却仍然让它过载了
I probably broke the rectifier or the IGBT and I’m sad.
我可能弄坏了整流器或绝缘栅双极晶体管 我很伤心
It’s a DIY coil, though. We can fix it quickly.
但是这是一个自制线圈 我们可以很快修好
But instead of working on it, why don’t we go visit a guy in my hometown,
但是 除了继续研究它之外 我们为什么不去拜访
who has a website dedicated to Tesla coils.
我的镇上 一位建立网站专门研究特斯拉线圈的人呢
I found him today, have never met the dude,
我今天联系到了他 以前从来没见过
about to go be best friends with this guy.
但已经准备好和他成为最好的朋友了
He’s got a little bit larger coil.
他有一些更大的线圈
Let’s go get Smarter Every Day.
让我们开始今天的节目
This is Cameron Prince.
这是Cameron Prince
He runs the number one Tesla resource website on the Internet
他运营着最好的特斯拉资源网站
called teslauniverse.com.
网址是teslauniverse.com
He provides tesla coil performances,
他提供特斯拉线圈表演
and he also happens to live directly across the street from my aunt and uncle.
并且他恰巧住在我叔叔阿姨家对街
This is a little bit bigger than mine.
这个线圈比我的大一些
– How big is this thing? – Oh it stands about nine foot-tall.
– 这东西有多大? – 哦 它大约九英尺高
Nine foot-tall? Did you build it?
九英尺?是你做的吗?
I did. It’s as big as I could make it and fit in the garage.
是的 它是我能做出来且能放进车库的最大的了
– Really. – Yeah.
– 是吗 – 是的
– So that was the design requirement? – Yeah that was the design limitation there.
– 所以那是设计要求吗? – 是的 那是它的制作限制
Is that a capacitor bank down there?
下面是有一个电容器组合吗?
Yeah, that’s a big capacitor bank.
是的 那是一个大电容器组合
Dude! That’s not a joke!
兄弟!这可不是开玩笑的!
Those came out of an MRI machine.
那些是从一台核磁共振成像仪上拆下来的
Really. Is that the most expensive part of the whole device?
是吗 这是整个装置最贵的部分吗?
Uhm probably.
嗯 可能吧
And do the cats walk around when you’re doing it?
在你制作的时候猫有在旁边走动吗?
That would- It would bake a cat, man!
这个线圈可以烤猫!
Destin, narrating: Cameron is the real deal.
Cameron真的很了不起
When I was a kid I collected baseball cards and rode my bike.
小时候 我收集棒球卡 骑自行车
Not Cameron.
Cameron不是
His life changed forever the first time he saw a picture of Nikola Tesla.
第一次看到尼古拉·特斯拉的照片 他的生活就永远改变了
When I saw those pictures of him in Colorado Springs,
我看到那些照片 他在科罗拉多斯普林斯的实验室里
in his experiments, sittin’ in front of his coil,
坐在他的线圈前
that lightning going around him and then I was hooked.
闪电环绕着他 我被迷住了
You know most people were, when they were kids, were throwing baseballs and stuff.
大多数人的童年在投掷棒球或是玩其他东西
I had a box of light bulbs and wires and batteries.
而我有一盒灯泡 电线和电池
That’s awesome. I like it when people are excited about things.
棒极了 我喜欢看到人们对沉迷某件事物的样子
This makes it so much more fun.
这使事情有趣太多了
Okay here we go.
好的 现在我们开始
[indistinct speech, snapping switches]
[语音不清晰 拨动开关声]
[loud buzzing, rising in intensity]
[嗡嗡声 强度增加]
Holy Cow!
好家伙!
Ok, I got it! I got it!
好的 我看到了!我看到了!
[buzzing falls off, Destin laughs]
[嗡嗡声变小 Destin在笑]
That is ridiculous!
太好笑了!
[still laughing] Alright. Alright. That’s unnerving!
[还在笑] 好了 好了 这声音真让人不安!
Time out. There are some experiences you cannot convey via internet video,
暂停 有些感受你无法通过网络视频传递给观众
and this is one of those.
这就是其中之一
We’re talking 20-foot lightning bolts hitting the ground constantly in front of you.
我们说的是20英尺的闪电在你面前不断地击中地面
This was unreal.
这太不真实了
My heart has never gone from zero to a hundred in this short amount of time.
我的心从未在这么短的时间内从零变到一百
It was… whatever. I can’t explain it, I’m not gonna try.
这种感觉真是……不管了 我不知道怎么解释
I can’t explain that!
我没办法表达现在的心情!
After I calmed down a bit,
在我平静一些后
Cameron asked me if I wanted to see a real-life Tesla gun,
Cameron问我是否想看看真实的特斯拉线圈枪
which I didn’t even know was a thing!
我甚至不知道它真的存在!
He built this thing from a kit designed by his two friends Steve Ward and Phillip Slowinski.
他用他的朋友Steve Ward和Phillip Slowinski设计的套件 制作了这个东西
Only a few of these things exist in the world,
存在于这个世界上的特斯拉线圈枪数量不多
and I apologize for the laughing here,
我为这里的笑声道歉
but I was really, really excited.
但是我当时实在太激动了
It doesn’t look real.
它看起来很不真实
It feels like you’re in some kind of video game.
感觉像是我正在某种电子游戏里
How do you control the power output?
你如何控制功率输出?
Yeah, just play right here.
按这里就好
– Dude! This is full-on Ghostbusters stuff. – Oh yeah. Totally.
– 兄弟!这是《捉鬼敢死队》的全套装备 – 是的 完全是
– So where do I need to stand? – Uh, anywhere.
– 所以我需要站在哪里? – 任何地方都行
I need help with a breaker, that pin there, pull up.
我需要你帮忙拔起这个别针 来打开开关
[pin click] Holy Moly! Okay.
[别针咔嚓声] 我的天啊!好了
[Destin laughs]
[Destin在笑]
Where do I need to stand?
我该站在哪?
– Anywhere. – Oh, dude.
– 随便 – 好吧 兄弟
[Tesla coil buzzes]
[特斯拉线圈嗡嗡声]
Wow.

[continued buzzing] That’s super low,
[嗡嗡声继续] 闪电太小了
[buzzing stops] but I can bring the intensity up.
[嗡嗡声停止]但是我可以调高强度
You know that that feeling when somebody has a loaded gun around you,
你知道那种有人在你身边拿着枪的感觉吗?
only the gun could point anywhere.
只不过那种枪可能指向任何方向
So I’m going to step back here. [laughs]
所以我要往后站[笑]
[deeper buzzing]
[更大的嗡嗡声]
Wow. So what’s it arcing to? Why is it not coming back to ground?
哇 所以电弧去哪了?为什么不回到地面?
So, that’s the primary coil.
这是初级线圈
No you do not have air-cooling on that!
你没有空气冷却装置!
– It’s water cooled. – It’s water cooled?!
– 它是用水冷却的 – 用水冷却?
You know what’s unreal to me? I wanted to study Tesla coils,
你知道对我来说最不真实的是什么吗?我想要了解特斯拉线圈
and I started googling, and you live where I live.
然后开始谷歌搜索 然后发现你就住在我生活的地方
– Yeah. – That’s unreal.
– 是的 – 太不真实了
– It is. [Destin laughs]- Oh dude.
– 是的 [Destin笑]- 哦 兄弟
One more time please.
请再来一次
[buzzing and maniacal laughter]
[嗡嗡声和狂热的笑声]
OK, OK, Let’s get ready to do the high-speed. Let’s do high speed.
好了 好了 准备进行高速摄像 我们来高速摄像吧
[narrating] After capturing several videos with the Phantom, I decided I didn’t like the lighting.
[旁白]在对闪电的幻影拍摄了几段视频之后 我发现自己并不满意
The problem was it was too dark to see the gun,
原因在于看到电弧需要黑暗的环境
but I needed the darkness to be able to see the arc.
但是光线太暗会看不见特斯拉线圈枪
Cameron agreed to bring the gun over my house the following day at sundown,
Cameron同意在第二天日落时带着特斯拉线圈枪来我家
so that I could use the sunlight to illuminate the gun,
这样我就可以利用阳光照亮枪
and I used a black backdrop so I could record the lightning bolt
同时我使用了黑色的背景
coming out of it at 28,000 frames per second.
这样我就可以以每秒28,000帧的速度记录闪电
[buzzing]
[嗡嗡声]
Got it. Got it!
好了 好了!
[whooshing background noise]
[呼呼的背景音]
[crackling noise echoing]
[裂纹回声]
[sudden buzzing]
[突然的嗡嗡声]
[crackling continues]
[裂纹继续]
[noises fade]
[声音变弱]
[sudden buzzing]
[突然的嗡嗡声]
[echoed crackling]
[裂纹回声]
[buzzing and continued crackling]
[嗡嗡声和持续裂纹]
Ok. After watching this slow-mo,
好的 看完这个慢镜头
and seeing that arc curve back towards Cameron,
并且看到那条电弧回到Cameron的方向
the obvious next question to ask is: what happens if you get hit?
显而易见 接下来的问题是 如果你被闪电打到会怎样?
He’s just casually cleaning his Tesla coil.
他正在随意地清洁他的特斯拉线圈
[buzzing]
[嗡嗡声]
WHAT?!
什么?!
It’s hittin’ your hand! [Cameron chuckles]
它打到了你的手![Cameron轻笑]
What? Can that go through your heart?
什么?它能穿过你的心脏吗?
I mean yeah, but it’s so low current.
是的 但是它现在的电流很小
The primary coil on a Tesla coil circuit? Fatal, no questions asked.
特斯拉线圈电路上的初级线圈?致命 毫无疑问
But on the secondary coil the output is in microamps,
但是在次级线圈上输出是微安
which is generally accepted to be safe,
普遍认为这是安全的
but some people still say it’s dangerous.
但是仍然有一些人说它危险
Here’s the deal. DO NOT do this.
这里说好 不要这样做
A lot of people say this is safe, a lot of people say it’s dangerous,
很多人说它是安全的 很多人说它是危险的
I just really wanted to touch it.
我只是很想摸一下
Ok, ready, ready to trigger the high-speed?
好的 准备好开始高速摄影了吗?
Ok, Oh God! I’m good, I’m good. It just scared me.
好的 天哪!我没事 我没事 我只是被它吓到了
Okay, go ahead.
好的 来吧
Okay. Wow, okay. All right. Yeah, it’s a thing.
好的 哇 好的 完成了
[guitar music and crackling buzzing]
[吉他声和裂纹嗡嗡声]
So after I took that hit, Cameron asked me if I wanted to shoot it myself.
在我被电之后 Cameron问我是否想要自己使用一次特斯拉线圈枪
I don’t know if that was a rite of passage or what,
我不知道那是一种庆祝仪式还是什么
but, um, yes,
但是 是的
I would like to throw lightning bolts from my fingertips!
我想要用我的指尖发射闪电!
You turnin’ my breaker on? Oh! good grief!
你把我的开关打开了吗?哦 太好了
This Is like a video game!
好像一个电子游戏!
I can’t thank you enough for lettin’ me do this.
太感谢你让我尝试这个了
I mean, this is like… the little boy in me is just…
就好像 我内心的那个小男孩……
[buzzing]
[嗡嗡声]
Wow!
哇!
[buzzing]
[嗡嗡声]
Okay. I need to give you your gun back.
好的 我要把枪还给你了
I had so much fun making this video.
制作这段视频真是太开心了
I mean I just wanted to learn about Tesla coils and all this happened.
我的意思是 我只是想要了解特斯拉线圈 然后这一切就发生了
I’m very excited about this video.
我非常激动
Anyway if you enjoyed this video, and you want to support Smarter Every Day,
不管怎样 如果你喜欢这期视频 并且想要支持机灵日
then support the people that support Smarter Every Day!
那么请支持那些给机灵日提供帮助的人吧!
There’s Audrey from one Tesla, I’ll leave a link in the video description.
比如one Tesla的Audrey 我将在视频简介中给出一个他的链接
There’s Cameron at Tesla Universe, I’ll leave his link down there.
比如Tesla Universe的Cameron 我也会在那里留下他的链接
And then the sponsor is Audible.com.
然后 本期视频的赞助商是Audible网站
Audible has audio books that you can get download for free
进入audible.com/smarter
if you go to audible.com/smarter.
你就可以免费下载有声书
I do this every day.
我每天都使用Audible
I listen to audiobooks on my way back and forth to work.
在上下班的路上听有声书
Special treat today, Marc Seifer is a guy that I talked to through Cameron.
今天的特别待遇 我通过Cameron认识了马克·塞费尔
He’s a Tesla historian. He wrote the definitive book on Tesla’s life.
他是一个研究特斯拉的历史学家 他写了一部关于特斯拉一生的权威著作
It’s called Wizard, the Life and Times of Nikola Tesla.
名为《巫师:尼古拉·特斯拉的生平与天才传记》
When I told him I was going to talk about his book in this video,
当我告诉他我要在这段视频中谈论他的书时
he got so excited, he filmed a little clip for me.
他非常激动 并为我录制了一段小视频
Hello, my name is Marc Seifer,
你好 我是马克·塞费尔
and I’m the author of Wizard: the Life and Times of Nikola Tesla.
是《巫师:尼古拉·特斯拉的生平与天才传记》一书的作者
When I first learned about Tesla, he was a very obscure figure,
当我第一次了解特斯拉时 他是一个非常默默无闻的人物
but now his name has resurfaced,
但现在他的名字重新出现在大众眼前
and he has become kind of pop science icon.
并且他已经成为了某种科学的流行象征
Find Wizard: The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla at audible.com/smarter.
在audible.com/smarter上 找到《巫师:尼古拉·特斯拉的生平与天才传记》一书
I’m really excited about that. Thank you very much, Marc.
非常高兴 非常感谢马克
And if you want to support Marc Seifer,
如果你想要支持马克·塞费尔
go get Wizard at audible.com/smarter.
去audible.com/smarter听《巫师》一书
that will support Mark and support Smarter Every Day.
这将会支持马克和机灵日
You should be listening to audiobooks anyway, it makes you smarter.
无论如何 你都应该听听有声书 这能让你变得更聪明
Anyway I’m Destin. I really hope you enjoyed this half as much as I did.
好的 我是Destin 如果你看完这期视频 能有我制作过程中一半那么享受就好了
I hope this video earned your subscription, If not, no big deal.
希望这期视频能让我得到你的订阅 如果不能 也没关系
I’m Destin, you’re gettin smarter every day.
我是Destin 你正在收看的是机灵日
Have a good one.
祝你过得愉快

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

介绍特斯拉线圈以及手持特斯拉线圈枪的相关知识,并用慢镜头展示。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Icyyyy🌸

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fTC_Ud_k3U

相关推荐