未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

你的半辈子

Half of Your Life in 9 Minutes

本视频由Brilliant网站赞助播出
This video was made possible by Brilliant,
Brilliant网站可以帮你解决问题 提升心智
a problem solving website to help you improve your mental capabilities.
29200 是人生在世的天数
29 200: that’s the number of days in your life
也就是活到80岁的天数
that is, If you live to the age of 80.
80年里每天睡8个小时
If you sleep for eight hours a day, for 80 years,
即9733天
that amounts to 9733 days.
换而言之 睡眠占据了你生命的三分之一
In other words, sleep makes up a third of your life.
倘若一天工作8小时 一周工作5天
If you work for eight hours a day, five days a week,
平均工作45年
for an average period of 45 years,
那便是3900天
that amounts to 3900 days,
即一辈子的13%
or, 13% of your life.
在进入职场前
Before you can go to work,
你通常得去上学
you often have to attend school.
因为是否上大学因人而异
Because some students attend college and others don’t,
我们就假定平均在学校花费的时间为15年
let’s assume an average period of 15 years spent in school.
如果每年在学校待44周
If you attend school for eight hours a day, five days a week,
每周五天 每天八小时
for 44 weeks out of the year,
那就有1100天
that amounts to 1100 days,
即人生的4%
or 4% of your life.
这些百分比的总和
If we add up these percentages,
约等同于你的半辈子
that amounts to roughly 50 % of your life.
所以说 睡眠和工作占据了你一半的人生
So half of your life is accounted for by sleep and work.
这个认知可能让你感觉心烦
Knowing this information may bother you.
也可能让你兴奋
or it may excite you.
如果你感到心烦 请允许我尝试去改变你的观点
If it does bother you, allow me to try and change your perspective.
如果我们在潜意识中对睡觉和工作
Potentially, if we are smart about the decisions we make,
的选择足够明智
with respect to sleep and work,
我们能将一半的人生拼在一起
we can get half of our life put together.
那我们从睡眠开始吧
So let’s start in the land of dreams.
世界卫生组织和国家睡眠基金会
The World Health Organization and the National Sleep Foundation
建议每人每晚睡八个小时
recommend that individuals get 8 hours of sleep each night.
但在发达国家 三分之二的成年人睡眠不足8小时
But 2/3 of adults in developed nations get less than this .
换句话说 66%的成年人长期处于困倦状态
In other words, 66 % of adults are living in a perpetual state of drowsiness.
40%的人属于早起型 也叫百灵鸟型
40% of the population are morning people,also known as larks .
他们天生喜欢早睡早起
They have a natural tendency to wake up early and sleep early.
早上 他们精力最旺盛
They feel the most energized early in the morning
晚上 会早早陷入困乏
and feel sleepy early at night.
30%的人属于夜猫子型 也叫猫头鹰型
30% of people are evening people, also knownas owls.
他们天生喜欢晚睡晚起
They have a natural tendency to wake up late and stay up late.
精力旺盛和困乏的时间都晚于百灵鸟型
they feel energized and sleepy later in the day than larks.
剩余30%的人处于这两种极端之间
The remaining 30% fall somewhere in betweenthese two extremes.
社会偏爱百灵鸟型 致使猫头鹰型处于不利地位
Society has a bias for larks which leaves owls at a constant disadvantage.
猫头鹰型被迫违背天性 起得更早
Owls are forced to wake up earlier than they naturally desire
睡得更晚
and fall asleep later than they should.
所以他们总是睡眠不足
As a result, they’re always sleeping less than required
工作时昏昏欲睡
and operating in a more drowsy state.
如果你能将生活与你的自然生物节律相协调
If you can build a life that is in harmony with your natural circadian rhythms,
你会比那些做不到的人状态更好
you’ll be better off than those who don’t.
但是社会和雇主也有责任
But there’s also a responsibility on society and employers
创造更适合夜猫子的环境
to make environments that are better suited for night owls.
抛开这个问题 我们如何拥有高质量的睡眠呢
That issue aside: how can we get the best sleep each night?
Medline Plus提供了几个有用的小窍门
Here are a few of my favorite tips from Medline Plus:
即便在周末 每天争取按时起床睡觉
Try to sleep at the same time and get up at the same time each day, even on the weekends.
会让你有一个规律性的睡眠
This will help keep your body in a consistent sleep-wake rhythm
同时提高你的睡眠质量
and improve your sleep quality.
避免在下午三点后小睡
Avoid napping after 3 PM.
小睡会让晚上入睡变得更加困难
Naps make it harder to fall asleep at night.
试着每天至少锻炼30分钟
Try to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day
但是不要离睡眠时间太近
but not too close to bedtime.
试着在白天晒晒太阳
Try to get some sunlight during the day,
能精确校准你的睡眠周期会
so that your sleep cycle is accurately calibrated.
尽量一起床就去晒晒太阳
Try to get sunlight as soon as you wake up if possible.
但睡前尽量关灯 少使用电子产品
Conversely, try to dim the lights and avoid screen time before bed.
最后 在一天结束临睡前要留出时间放松
Lastly, leave time to unwind before bed at the end of the day.
创建一个夜间仪式
Create a nighttime ritual
会让你在睡前有一个放松的过程
that allows you to progressively get more relaxed before falling asleep.
既然讲完了睡眠
Now that we’ve discussed sleep,
我们来看生命的另一个重要部分:工作
let’s move on to the next big part of life: work.
盖洛普的民意调查显示
According to a poll conducted by GallUp,
85%的人并不会全身心投入于工作
85% of people don’t feel engaged at work.
在美国 这个数据会好一点:70%
In America, this number is a little bit better at 70%.
换句话说 很多人都在浪费他们的时间和潜能
In other words, a lot of people are wasting their time and potential.
如果每个人都全神贯注于工作
Imagine how much better the world would be
世界会变得有多好
if everyone felt engaged at work.
如果每个人每天醒来都元气满满地去上班呢?
What if everyone is present and excited when they wake up for work each day?
作为人类我们能达到什么高度?
What could we accomplish as a species?
听起来我可能问得太远了
I know it sounds like I’m asking a lot,
但我认为让人们身心投入
but I think getting people to feel engaged
可能比你想象的要简单
is simpler than you might think
它不是要求每个人都成为音乐家 运动员
and it doesn’t require that everyone become a musician, an athlete,
或是电影明星
or a movie star.
根据被广泛引用的自我决定理论
According to the widely cited Self-Determination Theory (SDT),
内在激励是有些人更爱工作的原因
the answer to why some people love their work more than others is intrinsic motivation.
具有内在激励的事能让我们乐在其中
Intrinsically motivated activities are things that we do because they are enjoyable,
比如听音乐 看电影或与朋友聊天
like listening to music, watching a movie, or talking with a friend.
这个过程本身就是有趣的
The process itself is enjoyable,
我们不需要奖励就会去做
we don’t need a reward for doing it.
现在是真正的问题:
Now for the real question:
我们有那种具有内在激励的工作吗?
can we have jobs that are intrinsically motivating?
据自我决定理论 一份工作要有趣
According to SDT, a job needs to be interesting,
具有适当的挑战度和新奇感
provide the right amount of challenge and novelty,
并能满足三种心理需求才能产生持续的内在激励
and meet three psychological needs to produce and maintain intrinsic motivation:
心理需求分别是自主 胜任和归属需求
autonomy, competence and relatedness.
自主需求是你能对自己做什么
Autonomy is when you feel like you have personal control over
何时做 如何做有个人掌控力
what you do, when you do it, and how you do it.
换句话说 你能掌控自己的工作
In other words, you feel in control over your work
而不是如同他人的奴隶
and not like a slave to another.
手头上的事做得越好 你会更有成就感
You feel competent when you can get better at what you do
同时 你也能承担自己的行为结果
and that you’re responsible for the outcomes of your actions.
那么 归属感就会在你与同事共同努力中建立起来
And lastly, relatedness occurs when you feel a connection to the people you work with.
你关心他们 他们也会在意你
You care about them and they care about you.
在他的书《驱动力》中
In his book Drive,
丹尼尔·平克也提出一个关于职业满足感的重要因素
Daniel H. Pink brings up another element important for career satisfaction
我认为也值得一提:目的
which I think is worth touching on: purpose.
一个人的目的就是他的工作目标
A person’s purpose is a goal,
目标比他们自身更为重要
much larger than themselves, that they are working towards.
据平克所说 美国罗切斯特大学研究发现
According to Pink, studies done at the University of Rochester
那些由目标驱动并达成目标的学生
found that students who had set and achieved purpose driven goals
比那些完成外部计划的学生更快乐
were happier than students who had set and achieved external goals
比如说获得特定数量的金钱
such as making a certain amount of money.
你可能已经注意到了
As you may have noticed,
一份称心的职业与热情 金钱
a satisfying career was not necessarily linked to
名声或地位没有必然联系
passion, money, fame or status.
相反 它与心理需求有关
Instead, it was linked to the psychological needs of
即自主需求 胜任需求 归属需求和目的感
autonomy, competence, relatedness and purpose.
所以你怎么做才能满足这些心理需求呢?
So how do you go about acquiring these psychologicalneeds?
个人如何能实现它们?
What can you do, as an individual, to achievethem?
在他《优秀到不能被忽视》一书中
In his book So Good They Can’t Ignore You,
卡尔·纽波特提出了一个简单的策略:
Cal Newport lays outs a straightforward strategy:
强化你在某个领域的能力
Build up your skills in an area.
当你所掌握的技能供不应求时
When the skills you have are low in supply but high in demand,
你的个人价值就会提升
you have become more valuable.
或者说 你的个人能力更高了
In other words, you are highly competent.
当你的个人能力与个人价值有所提高
When you are highly competent and valuable,
你对自己工作更有影响力
you have leverage with respect to your work;
你比老板拥有更多的选择权
you have more choice than your employers.
你可以借助自己的影响力选择
You can use this leverage to be more selective
自己的时间 团队和工作单位
about your own hours, your own teams, and what companies you work for.
所以 你会在个人的自主需求 归属需求
As a result, you have more control over your autonomy, relatedness,
以及工作目标上更有掌控力
and the purpose you work towards.
简而言之 胜任一种被需求的技能
To summarize, become competent at an in-demand skill
把这种能力当作影响力
and use that competence as leverage
来获取个人的自主 归属需求以及目的感
to get yourself more autonomy, relatedness and purpose
因为这些都是一个称心职业的基石
as these are the things that make for a fulfilling career.
当你能胜任一项被需求的技能
As you become competent at an in-demand skill,
作为你个人价值副产品的金钱会随之而来
the money will, of course, follow as a byproduct of your valuable nature.
讨论完睡眠和工作
Now that we’ve discussed sleep and work,
本质上 我们聊完了平均寿命的一半
we’ve essentially covered 50 % of the average life.
我还有个更重要的点要说
But there’s one more big aspect that I want to look at.
在2018年 你能去认识的人约有76亿
As of 2018, there are approximately 7.6 billionother humans you could get to know.
在这76亿人中 每一千人里你会遇到十个
Of these 7.6 billion, you will meet 10s of 1000s.
无论何时 在这数千人中
Of these thousands, there will be, at any one time,
你大约能记住1500人的名字 长相
roughly 1500 whose names and faces you could recognize.
在这1500个人中
Of these 1500,
你会与150个人有相当好的互惠关系
there will be 150 who you have a fairly good reciprocal relationship with
这些人会组成你的核心社交圈
These people will make up your core social group
这个数字被称为邓巴数
and this number is referred to as Dunbar’s Number.
在这150个人中
Of these 150,
你非常亲近的大约有五个人
there will be roughly five who you are really close to
你几乎每天都会同他们打交道
and whom you interact with almost daily.
组成这些群组的人会有波动 其波动贯穿一生
The people in all these groups will likely fluctuate throughout your life and,
根据The Atlas提供的数据
based on data presented in The Atlas,
它的波动大概如下
it might fluctuate as follows.
你在小时候
Early in your life,
是同朋友和家人度过了大多数时光
most of your time will be spent with friends and immediate family.
当你长大成人
As you transition into adulthood,
花费在你朋友家人的时间变得少之又少
the amount of time you spend with friends and family declines quite a bit,
取而代之的是陪伴在你同事 孩子和爱人身边
and most of your time is spent with your co-workers, your kids, and your partner.
当你步入老年
And as you enter old age,
你或与伴侣白头偕老 或孤身一人
most of your time is spent with your partner or alone.
分析解释这个数据的方法有很多
There are so many ways to look at and interpret this data.
我建议你看看链接中的原始图表
I encourage you to take a look at the original graphs linked in the description
然后想想这对你意味着什么
and decide what it all means to you.
不过我想分享一些自己在图标中收获
But I’ll share some insights that I have pulled out from the data.
第一点是这个数据是客观描述 而不是硬性规定
My first insight is that this data is descriptive, not prescriptive,
他只是陈述客观事实
it’s a representation of how things are,
并不是强制规定
but not how they shouldbe.
在15到30岁之间
While the average person
大多普通人都会与家人共度许多时光
does spend most of their time with their family from the ages of 15-30,
但我们未尝不能增加我们相处的时间
there isn’t any reason I couldn’t spend more.
比如 这个数据能很好地提示我
For example, this data might be a good indicator
计划年度家庭旅行和家庭聚会
that I should plan annual family vacations and get-togethers so that I ensure
以确保与家人尽可能多的度过有意义的时光
that I ‘m spending as much quality time with my family as possible.
我们太容易陷入生活窘境和人生目标
It’s so easy to get caught up in the everyday problems & ambitions of our lives
以至于我们未能同亲近的人共度快乐时光
that we can go years without spending quality time with the people close to us.
他们很可能在你意识到之前就去世了
And before you know it, they could be gone.
我的第二个见解是
My second insight is that
选择合适的同事和爱人
picking good co-workers and a good partner
是我们人生的重中之重
are among the most important decisions we can make in a life.
他们会是大多数人相处良久的对象
These are the people whom most of us will spend the greatest amount of time with.
我最后一个观点是 与自己和解很重要
And my final insight is that it’s important to make peace with yourself.
你的一生大多都是孤身一人
Most of your life will be spent alone,
特别是在晚年
especially in the final years.
所以学会与自己相处 去了解自己
So it’s important to learn how to live with yourself, know yourself
活出真实的自己 才是重要的
and live true to yourself
那样你能心情舒畅 取悦自己
so that you can be comfortable, or even happy, in your own mind.
这些是我从数据中得到的个人见解
These are just some insights that I have pulled from the data,
我很想知道你们在评论中阐述的想法
but I would be interested in hearing what you got out of it in the comments.
如果你能酣然入梦 事业有成
If you sleep well, put some thought into your career,
与朋友声气相投
wisely choose the people around you
和爱人共度时光
and spend time with your loved ones.
那么你在晚年 一定会满足无悔
I think you’ll come to the end of life pretty satisfied.
这就是生命 或是生命一半的数学奥秘
So that’s the mathematics of your lifes, or at least half of it.
数学能让我们用新角度看待生命
Mathematics has the power to give us a new perspective on life.
所以我喜欢在网站上温习我的数学
That’s why I love brushing up on my mathematical skills on brilliant.org.
Brilliant.org是一个解决数学科学问题的网站
Brilliant.org is a math and science problem sovling website
它可以让你用更科学的视角看待世界
to help you see the world with a more scientific perspective.
你可以听他们提供的精彩课程
They have several fascinating courses that you can take
比如“概率论” “天文学”
such as Prabability, Astronomy,
“数学原理”和“计算机科学”
the Fundamentals of Mathematics and Computer Science
“每日物理” “逻辑学” 等等
Physics of the Everyday, Logic and much more.
你可以学习以一种更加数学的习惯去看待日常活动
You can learn to see everyday activities with a more mathematical mindset
比如“扑克牌的数学”这门课程
such as with the course: the Math of Poker.
你可以学习这个游戏的概率和策略
where you learn the probabilities and the strategies of the game.
访问这个网站或点击下面的说明中的链接
Just go to www.brlliant.org/freedominthought or click the link in the description below
你可以免费注册
and you can sign up for free.
为了奖励有心学习激励自己的人
As a bonus for those who already push themselves further
前200名可以享受年费八折优惠
the first 200 people will be hooked up with 20% off annual subscription
感谢您的观看 我们下次再见
As always, thanks for watching and I’ll seeyou next time!
[音乐]
[music]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

你知道我们生命的一半时间都花费在睡眠和工作上了么?如何能够让生命中一半的时间更有价值呢?视频中分别给出了关于睡眠,工作等的建议,颇有启发性。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

小怂想吃奶酪

审核员

审核员 W

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozyUE1i8esw

相关推荐