未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

需要养成的习惯——核心习惯系列

Habit You MUST Acquire - Keystone Habit

《每日进步》
脚踏实地 一步步来
Most of us want to improve our lives.
大多数人都想改善自己的生活
But for that to happen, we need to adopt certain positive habits.
但在那之前 我们需要培养一些积极习惯
Fundamentally speaking, habits play a key role in our day to day lives.
一般来说 习惯在日常生活中十分重要
But not all habits are created equal.
但习惯各有不同
Some can have a much bigger impact than others.
有些习惯产生的影响是其它习惯无法企及的
This is why it’s important that we learn to identify these habits and develop them.
因此 发现这些习惯并培养它们很重要
Charles Duhigg, author of the book: The Power of Habit,
《习惯的力量》一书的作者查尔斯·杜希格
calls them “keystone habits.”
称这类习惯为“核心习惯”
So what is a keystone habit?
什么是核心习惯呢?
To put it simply, a keystone habit is a single habit that allows for other habits in your life to be sustained.
简言之 它是一个能帮忙维持其他生活习惯的习惯
It’s not much different from a normal habit,
它和一般习惯不同的是
it’s just that it has the most potential to transform your entire life.
它具有改变整个生活的最大潜质
That’s because keystone habits spark a chain reaction
因为核心习惯会引发连锁反应
that can have a domino effect
即多米诺骨牌效应
and other habits take hold.
其它习惯也会自然养成
And often we’re not even consciously trying to form all those other habits,
并且我们往往并未刻意培养那些习惯
they’re just a byproduct of the keystone habit.
它们只是核心习惯的副产品
Let me give you an example.
举个例子
This is Mike.
有个人叫Mike
One day he decided that he wanted to make a change in his life.
有一天 他突然想改变自己的生活
He realized that all he did was work
因为他意识到自己不是在工作
and spend time at home, watching TV and playing video games.
就是窝在家里看电视 打游戏
So Mike decided to pick up a healthy new hobby, which was exercise.
所以Mike决定培养一种健康的习惯 即运动
He bought a gym membership
他办了一张健身卡
and made a commitment to train there, at least 3 times per week.
决定一周至少去三次健身房
Now unbeknown to Mike, his new exercise habit would slowly create other new positive habits.
谁知道 Mike的运动新习惯竟然带来了一连串好习惯
Mike was a regular smoker,
Mike经常抽烟
but once he started exercising, he found himself smoking less and less.
但一旦开始运动 他发现自己抽烟越来越少了
Cigarettes were Mike’s way of dealing with the stress at his job,
香烟曾是Mike缓解工作压力的方式
but exercise offered a much better alternative for stress management.
但运动成为了压力管理的更好替代选项
Because Mike was worn out after his workouts, his sleep improved.
运动后的Mike精疲力尽 睡眠质量也提高了
He fell asleep faster and had less awakenings during the night.
且入睡很快 夜间不会频繁醒来了
As a result, his energy throughout the day skyrocketed.
结果他一整天都精神饱满
He became more productive at work and was even able to land a promotion.
他的工作更有效率 甚至有可能升职
Mike even picked up cooking as a new hobby,
Mike还养成了烹饪的新爱好
so he could eat more protein rich meals
这样他就可以吃更多富含蛋白质的饭菜
to make more progress at the gym.
在健身房取得更大的进步
And because he was now cooking most of his meals, he started saving money,
由于大多数时候自己做饭 他存下了钱
since he wasn’t eating out at expensive restaurants all the time.
毕竟没有总去外面昂贵的饭店吃饭了
Mike became a completely new person in the span of 6 months.
六个月后Mike成了一个全新的人
But he didn’t try to make all these changes at first.
而他一开始并没有想做出这些改变
The only change he committed to was exercising 3 times per week.
他下定决心做的改变不过是一周三次的运动
It’s just that his commitment had a domino effect
只是他的决心产生了多米诺骨牌效应
and he formed other habits as a result.
最终催生了其它好习惯
This is the power of keystone habits.
这就是核心习惯的效力
Just one change can lead to an avalanche of other changes.
一个改变可以导致一连串的改变
And stories like these are not uncommon.
这样的例子数不胜数
There are many people who attribute a single habit change, to their life transformation.
许多人只通过养成一个习惯 就使生活大为改观
However if you take away their keystone habit,
但如果你失去了核心习惯
all other habits tend to become less stable,
那其它习惯往往就会动摇
and sometimes they completely crumble and fall apart.
甚至有时完全分崩离析
That is why you need to protect the positive keystone habit at any cost.
所以你要不惜任何代价维护你那个积极的核心习惯
Of course, while there are beneficial keystone habits,
当然了 既然有好的核心习惯
we have to note that there are also damaging keystone habits.
也有那些不容忽视的坏的核心习惯
A positive habit can transform you into a better person,
积极的习惯能让你成为更好的人
but a negative habit can leave you escalating down towards the bottom.
但负面的习惯会让你坠入无底深渊
So it’s important that you identify any current habits that could be holding you back,
所以自查一下你现在的习惯
and make sure you break them.
要确保消灭阻碍你的习惯
If you manage to break a damaging keystone habit,
如果你消灭了一个坏的核心习惯
you’ll find that the other bad habits often crumble as well.
就会发现其它坏习惯也随之不见了
Now let me give you a few keystone habits
现在请让我给你介绍一些核心习惯
I believe have the most potential to lead you to other good habits.
我相信它们能指引你养成其他好习惯
The first keystone you should try to acquire is any habit from the health trinity.
建议养成的第一个核心习惯是 任意一个有益于健康的习惯
What’s a health trinity, you might ask?
你会问什么是有益于健康呢?
Exercise, diet and sleep.
运动 饮食 睡眠
All these habits are likely to lead you to other good habits,
这些习惯能让你养成其它好习惯
but most importantly, they also tend to build on each other.
但最重要的是 这些习惯之间往往是彼此成就的
For example: Eating a better diet leads to better sleep.
例如:吃得好会导致睡得好
But getting better sleep, also leads to fewer urges
睡得好了就能缓解焦虑
and more willpower to stick to a diet.
有更多意志力去坚持健康饮食
You get the idea.
也就是说
You can start wherever you want with the health trinity
你可以从三个健康习惯中任选一个
and slowly you’ll end up building the other two health habits.
慢慢地你就会养成另外两种健康习惯
We’ve seen how Mike improved his life by starting an exercise regime.
我们已经看到 Mike是如何通过锻炼来改善生活的
But I believe improving your sleep first, can have an even bigger impact.
但我认为从改善睡眠开始 会有更好的效果
You might have noticed I make a lot of videos related to sleep on this channel.
你可能注意到我在此频道上发过许多与睡眠相关的视频
The reason is because sleep is the most important keystone habit for me personally.
这是因为 对我而言 睡眠是最重要的核心习惯
It simply improves everything else.
它能改善一切
I have noticed that whenever I get good sleep,
我注意到 当我睡眠充足时
everything becomes easier.
一切就变得轻松自如
I’m more motivated to do things, I have tons of energy,
我做事会更有动力 能量满满
better focus and more self control.
且比较能集中注意力 自控力也提高了
In turn, this makes doing all my other habits a piece of cake.
反过来 这使我轻而易举养成了其它好习惯
Practicing the piano?
练钢琴呢?
Super easy.
超级容易
Going to the gym?
去健身房呢?
Barely an inconvenience.
没什么难的
However if I don’t get my optimal sleep I can see a noticeable difference.
但是若没有充足的睡眠 一切就会迥然不同
I don’t have motivation, my energy is lower, I don’t have much willpower,
我就会没动力 能量低 意志力弱
plus everything becomes a chore.
一切变得一团糟
That’s why I try to get the best sleep possible every single night,
因此 我每晚都会尽量睡好点
because this one habit has the biggest impact on my day.
因为这个习惯对我的生活影响最深
And if you’re not optimizing your sleep yet,
如果你至今还没有优化好睡眠
I highly suggest you try for at least 1 month.
我强烈建议你至少尝试一个月
I guarantee you’ll see a ton of positive changes in your life.
我保证你的生活会有极大的改善
Another good keystone habit is planning and tracking your activities.
另一个好的核心习惯是规划和记录你的活动
Planning is self explanatory.
规划的重要性是不言而喻的
Sitting down for just a few minutes and developing a detailed plan for the day, or even the whole week,
坐下来 花几分钟展开对一天甚至一周的详细计划
can help you prioritize things better.
这可以帮助你权衡轻重
However if you don’t make any plans,
但如果你不做规划
you’re more likely to just go through the day with no real direction.
你就会像无头苍蝇一样度过一整天
So if you want to make any of your habits stick, it’s wise to plan them out.
所以如果你想坚持一个习惯 为其做规划是明智的决定
Another thing that makes planning so great, is how closely it’s tied with tracking.
和规划相得益彰的是记录
Now it doesn’t matter what you track.
记录内容没有要求
Perhaps you track your gym progress.
你可以记录自己健身进步的情况
Maybe you track your financial situation and where you spend your money.
或者记录自己的财政状况 以及钱都用在何处
Or you could even log how you spend each hour of your day.
你甚至可以记录自己每天每小时都在干什么
The point of tracking things, is that we get actual objective data.
记录的意义在于我们得到了实际而客观的数据
Often we’re not really aware of
通常我们并没有真正意识到
how much we do, or don’t do, certain things.
我们做了多少 或者到底有没有做
But having visible data can help us become aware of that.
但是拥有可见的数据可以帮助我们意识到这一点
Let me give you an example of how this works:
让我举一个例子来说明它的原理
Let’s say you start tracking where you spend your money.
假设你开始记录你把钱花在了哪里
For 1 whole month you log every single purchase you make.
你记录了一个月内自己的每笔购物
Then you look at the data.
然后你看着数据
If you’re a smoker,
如果你吸烟
you might realize you smoke way more than you thought.
你可能会意识到你吸的烟比你以为的要多
You usually buy a $5 pack of cigarettes here and there,
你通常买单价5美元的香烟
so it doesn’t seem like you spend that much money.
所以看起来你的花费不多
But once you add all those purchases up,
但一旦你把买烟的金钱相加
you might find that you actually spend over $100 per month.
你就会发现自己每个月的烟费超过100美元
You see, our brains are not good at tracking everything
看吧 我们的大脑并不擅长做记录
and we often forget to include something.
我们经常会遗漏一些事情
In this case, a few packs of cigarettes.
比如这个例子 我们就忘了自己买过很多包香烟
That’s why logging things is so beneficial.
由此可见 记录非常有用
It frees our brain space
它解放了我们的大脑空间
and it allows us to get an objective look at the things we’re doing, or not doing.
使我们对自己的所为所不为有一个客观的把握
So start tracking your activities
所以开始记录你的行动吧
and you’ll find areas where you’ve been fooling yourself.
你会发现有些事你一直在自欺欺人
And you’ll be more likely to improve your situation.
发现后 你才更有可能改善自己的处境
The last keystone habit I suggest you adapt, is meditation.
我建议你养成的最后一个核心习惯是冥想
A lot of people think meditation is a waste of time.
许多人认为冥想是浪费时间
Mainly busy people.
——主要是忙碌的人
But after just a few weeks of meditating daily you can expect benefits like:
但是冥想几周后 你就会获得以下益处
Better self control.
更好的自控力
Longer attention span.
注意力持续时间更长
Less anxiety and less stress.
不再那么焦虑和感到压力
All of which is perfect for people who are working hard.
这些对辛苦工作的人来说很有帮助
Let me ask you this question: How often do you stop and take a mental break from your daily life?
让我问你:在日常生活中 你多久停下来让精神放松一下?
If you’re like most people, not very often.
如果你属于大多数人 大概不常放松吧
We are constantly occupied with something.
总是有各种事情接踵而来
Usually we’re busy with school or work
通常我们忙着上学 忙着工作
and when we come home, we stimulate ourselves by watching TV or browsing our phones.
回家后还要忙着看电视或刷手机来刺激自己疲累的神经
Because of this, our brains are working overtime and therefore are exhausted.
所以大脑超负荷运转 变得疲累不堪
If you’re into fitness, you know that working out is only part of the battle.
如果你喜欢健身 你就会明白运动只是健身的一部分
Another part is resting and allowing your muscles to recover.
此外你还要休息 让自己的肌肉得到恢复
And it’s that recovery that allows muscles to repair themselves and grow stronger.
休息能让肌肉重整旗鼓 变得更强壮
If someone is bench pressing every single day without a break, they are not going to make progress.
一个整天不停卧推的人不会取得进步
In fact, they are likely to be lifting less and less weight,
实际上他们会越来越举不动
because their muscles are tired and overworked.
因为他们的肌肉很累 运动过量
That’s why taking a break is so important.
所以休息是如此重要
Meditation gives us that break,
同样 冥想能让我们小憩一会
but we’re not resting our muscles.
但我们休息的不是肌肉
We’re resting our brain.
是大脑
And it’s that mental recovery
而正是那种精神上的恢复
that allows our brain to build more grey matter
让我们的大脑产生更多灰质
and improve our brain function.
改善我们的大脑功能
Because of that, meditation makes other habits easier.
所以 冥想还有利于其它好习惯的形成
Now I urge you to adapt your very own keystone habit.
我强烈建议你赶快培养自己的核心习惯
Build one of them and other positive habits are likely to follow.
建立一个核心习惯 其它积极习惯就会接踵而来
If you don’t know how to develop and build habits,
如果你不知道如何培养并建立习惯
check out my video “Mini Habits”.
请观看我的视频《小习惯》
It will give you the necessary tools
视频会介绍一些必要的工具软件
to build and sustain any habit you desire.
帮助你建立任何你想要的习惯
Improving your lifestyle isn’t as difficult as you might have previously thought.
改善生活方式并没有你想的那么难
You just need to find that one habit and other habits will follow.
你只需要找到一个核心习惯 其它积极习惯就会随之到来
Thanks for watching.
感谢观看
Hopefully you learned something new today and you became better than yesterday.
希望你今天学有所获 每一天都比昨天的自己更好

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

养成一个好的核心习惯,其它好习惯就会随之而来?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

ody

审核员

审核员CY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNrnQxMDUx4

相关推荐