未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

【根权限系列】Magnet公司介绍3种让开发者选用你家平台的方法

Google Root Access: 3 ways to get developers to buy into your platform, with startup Magnet

(音乐播放)
[MUSIC PLAYING]
马丁:今天 我们的嘉宾是
MARTIN OMANDER: My guest today is
帕斯卡尔·杰隆 他是创业公司Magnet的
Pascal Jaillon, who leads the developer
首席工程师
program at the startup Magnet.
欢迎来到现场 帕斯卡尔
Welcome on the show, Pascal.
帕斯卡尔:谢谢
PASCAL JAILLON: Thank you.
马丁:那么您能和我们谈谈Magent吗
MARTIN OMANDER: So could you tell us a bit about Magnet–
你们都在做些什么呢
what you guys are doing?
帕斯卡尔:好的
PASCAL JAILLON: Yeah.
Magnet为开发者提供了一套
Magnet offers developers a suite of products
构建优质手机应用的开发产品
to build great mobile applications,
这些应用无论是在线还是离线情况下都会有好的体验
meaning apps that have a great experience online or offline.
马丁:很棒
MARTIN OMANDER: Great.
所以你们的用户并非是最终消费者
So your customers are not consumers
不是应用的消费者 – 个人用户
of apps– individual users.
你们的用户是开发者
You are targeting the developers.
那需要相当不同的营销吧 是吗
That requires quite a different kind of marketing, right?
你们如何向这些开发者推销你们的产品呢?
How do you market to these developers?
帕斯卡尔:我们其实没有专门对开发者进行营销
PASCAL JAILLON: We don’t really market to developers
而是选择与他们对话
as much as we start conversations with them.
如今的开发者会有许多
Developers nowadays have a lot of choices in terms of product
不同产品的选择
to use.
他们需要看到你能给产品
And they need to see that what you offer
带来的增值作用 对他们架构的意义
will add value to their mobile app, to their architecture,
对他们开发流程的价值 对运营的价值
to their development process, or their operational process.
早些时期选择什么样的开发产品
Long gone is the time when management will actually
更多是要遵循管理 在批准的列表里挑选
have a list of approved product that developers will be using.
而现在 开发者们 架构师们
Now developers, architects– they
他们会有更多的选择 很多开源项目
all have a lot of choices of open source projects,
可供挑选 只要
and they really will pick whatever
产品对他们的移动应用开发项目
makes the most sense for their mobile application,
有意义
their mobile project.
马丁:那么 您刚刚的意思是 个人开发者们
MARTIN OMANDER: So you’re saying that individual developers are
坐在了驾驶员的位置上
in the driver’s seat, and those are
这是你们现在真正要去沟通的
the people you want to talk with rather than
而不是老板和公司的管理者?
their bosses and people who are running companies?
帕斯卡尔:对的
PASCAL JAILLON: That’s right.
开发者他们会挑选工具
Developers, they really pick their tools.
你要提高的就是能够为他们的
So you really need to provide something that adds something
日常开发过程增加价值的工具 让他们加到
to their toolbox, that really adds value to the process they
自己的工具箱中
are doing every day.
马丁:那么你们是怎样开发这款产品的?
MARTIN OMANDER: So how do you build such a product?
如果产品不是面向老板们的
If it’s not aimed at the bosses, and you’re not
你们如果不讨论投资回报
talking about return on investment
这种市场话题 你们面向开发者
and that sort of marketing, but you’re targeting developers,
那产品的开发方式是否也很不同
that requires you have to build the product in a different way
是吗?
too, right?
帕斯卡尔:是的 让开发者们
PASCAL JAILLON: Yes, and getting the developers really
尽早参与到构造产品过程中
early on in the process of building a product
才是关键
is actually key.
那么 你就需要尽早到接触到他们
So you need to reach out to them super-early,
甚至在产品开发之前
before you even start developing your product.
可以通过线上和线下接触到他们
And you can reach out to developers online or offline.
如果你在看线上社区
If you are looking at the online communities,
直接去Twitter、Stack Overflow、Reddit
you will go directly to Twitter, Stack Overflow, Reddit– Google
还有谷歌的社区
communities.
对我们来说 那是个非常棒的反馈来源
For us, that was a great source of feedback.
我们加入的很早
We engage earlier–
马丁:Google+?
MARTIN OMANDER: Google+?
帕斯卡尔:对 Google+社区 抱歉
PASCAL JAILLON: Yeah, Google+ communities, sorry.
很早我们就建立起了与开发者的联系
Early on, we engaged with developers.
获得了很多反馈
We got great feedback.
这对我们迭代产品来说非常重要
And that was very important to iterate with our product.
马丁:OK 线上你们是在
MARTIN OMANDER: OK, so that’s where
这些地方与用户交流
you meet them and start the conversations
获得反馈的
and get their feedback online.
那你们线下的话在哪与开发者联系呢?
Where do you go to meet the developers offline?
帕斯卡尔:线下?
PASCAL JAILLON: Offline?
现在来说最合适的方式就是小聚会了
Those days your best bet is really the meet-ups.
特别是在硅谷这里
Especially here in the Silicon Valley,
这里有许多探讨不同领域的
there are a lot of groups talking on a regular basis
小组可供参与
about different topics.
可以挑选一个与你的方向接近的
So you pick the ones that are close to what
提出你自己产品所遇到的
you are doing– the problems you are addressing
问题
with your product.
可以尝试去参加
And you try first to attend, to listen
去聆听那儿在发生什么
to what’s going on there.
于是也许你在某个阶段可以
And, hopefully, at some point you
有机会站出来讲讲自己的产品
can have a spot to speak and to present and to,
从开发者那里得到关于产品的反馈
again, get feedback from developers about your product.
马丁:但是 当你
MARTIN OMANDER: But when you stand up
站出来向开发者们介绍你的产品时
there at the meet-up and talk to developers about your product,
怎么做到不是那种销售腔调的呢?
how do you make it not be a sales pitch?
我的意思是 你会希望售出产品
I mean, you want to sell your product,
但其实开发者对销售是很过敏的
but developers are allergic to sales pitches.
即便你提供的是免费披萨 如果用一种销售腔调
Even if you provide free pizza, if there’s a sales pitch,
他们会不再前来的 对吗?
they’ll stop coming, right?
你是怎样处理好的?
How do you thread that needle?
帕斯卡尔:没错
PASCAL JAILLON: That’s right.
所以你不能处于一种销售模式
So you don’t want to be in a sales mode.
你去那儿是为了收集反馈的
You’re there, really, to get feedback.
在这种场合 你最不该考虑的就是
So the last thing you need at this point, really,
金钱 应该只关注反馈
is dollars– just feedback.
还有一些需要准备的前提
And there are a few prerequisites
在你从这些开发者那里获得正确的反馈之前
to get the right feedback from those developers.
在你去那儿之前 确保你
So before you even go there, make sure that, again, you’re
提供的是一个有价值的产品 面向痛点
building a strong product, addressing pain points
解决问题 并且具有
that they have, and then do something
良好体验
with great experience.
2015年的产品
That’s key in 2015 to build products
需要向开发者提供够好的体验
that offer a great experience for developers.
我们这里说的是开发者的体验
We’re talking about the developer experience.
这非常重要
It’s very important.
马丁:那你需要向这些开发者展示什么
MARTIN OMANDER: What do you need to put in front of developers
来收到他们的反馈呢?
at that point for them to be able to provide this feedback?
帕斯卡尔:你需要给他们展示API还有例子程序
PASCAL JAILLON: So you need to show them APIs, sample code.
需要给他们播放视频
You need to show them videos.
早些时候 我们拍摄了一些视频
Early on, we built some videos to show them
来教用户如何使用 即便是在产品非常早期的阶段
how to use the product, even if it was a very early stage
最初的版本
version of the product.
很重要的 这也许是
And that’s, again, the best way for them
快速了解和获取用户反馈的
to quickly learn and adopt it, and again, provide feedback
最佳办法 在产品早期这尤为重要
to you, which is so crucial at the early phase.
马丁:那么除了小聚会你们还有什么方式?
MARTIN OMANDER: And what do you do beyond meet-ups?
帕斯卡尔:每个人都可以像我们一样来参加这些聚会
PASCAL JAILLON: So you can attend meet-ups, as we did.
但是最终 到某个阶段
But ultimately, at some point, we
我们决定开始组织自己的聚会
decided also to organize our own meet-up.
我们聚焦于移动应用的
And we focused on the developer experience
开发者体验
for mobile developers.
因此 举办自己的聚会时
And there, again, the best way to run your own meet-ups
最好不是只讨论自己的产品
is to not just talk always about your product.
你应该邀请合作伙伴
You have to invite partners.
邀请其他开发者
You have to invite other developers
来谈谈他们的产品
to talk about their products.
在最后 你可以
And, again, at the end, you end up
用分享自己的进展来结束
sharing about what you’re doing.
但是这不仅仅只是关于你自己
But it’s not just about you.
你还在与一个更大的社区分享
You also share with a larger community.
马丁:那么你们实际上这个阶段
MARTIN OMANDER: So you’re giving more than you’re
付出的要比索取的多
getting at this point.
帕斯卡尔:没错
PASCAL JAILLON: That’s right.
你必须先付出很多
You give a lot.
就像是 付出 付出 付出 然后 索取
It’s kind of like give, give, give, and then get.
马丁:比例是1比3?
MARTIN OMANDER: Ah, is that about the ratio– 1 to 3?
帕斯卡尔:总之你的确需要更多的付出
PASCAL JAILLON: You need a bit more gives today in the recipe.
马丁:是的
MARTIN OMANDER: Right.
整个过程中社交媒体扮演着什么角色?
Where does the social media fit into this whole process?
帕斯卡尔:社交媒体绝对是
PASCAL JAILLON: So the social media
非常重要的获得反馈的
is definitely important to get feedback
来源 因为你虽然能找到本地人群
as well because you can target the local groups here.
但当你的目标人群是个利基市场 或者小众人群时
But when you build for a niche market or a smaller audience
因为那很精准 社交媒体
that’s very targeted, the social media
可以让你找到那些在本地
allows you to reach out to developers that you would not
无法接触到的开发者
be able to get locally.
我们需要的是标准的Twitter Facebook Google+社区
So we want the typical Twitter, Facebook– Google+ community,
这些都很棒
again, was great here.
你会得到连锁反应
And what you get is this ripple effect as well.
我们在接触本地开发者的同时
While we were still reaching out to local developers,
在社交媒体上
at the same time, for the social media,
也获得了来自俄国 澳大利亚
we were getting feedback from Russia, from Australia,
西班牙 意大利用户的反馈 以及在GitHub上提出的bug
or people in Spain and Italy finding bugs on GitHub.
在这个时点 这对我们来说是无价的
Again, so that was really priceless for us at this point.
马丁:对 因为对于一个创业小团队来说
MARTIN OMANDER: Ah, right, because a small startup,
你们没有资源能够
you don’t have the resources to start
在西班牙 俄罗斯各地举办实地的聚会
physical meet-ups in Spain and Russia and all these places.
帕斯卡尔:没错
PASCAL JAILLON: That’s right.
社交媒体就能让你具备这样的影响力
And the social media gives you this reach.
马丁:是的
MARTIN OMANDER: Yeah.
你们找到Android和iOS社区的方式
Did you approach the Android and the iOS communities
是否不同?
differently?
我了解你们的产品对这两个平台上都是支持的
I understand your product works on both.
帕斯卡尔:我们希望
PASCAL JAILLON: So we really wanted
自己的产品可以在两个平台上提供
to have a product that offers the same features
相同的功能
for both platforms.
同时也意识到这会使得
We also realized that it was much harder
这个插件的实现难度更大
to build this plug-in.
我们在Xcode和iOS平台采用的是一种插件模式
We went with a plug-in architecture on Xcode and iOS
因为它们是一种封闭环境
because it was more like a closed environment.
我们得向GitHub上的其它项目
So we had to work with other projects on GitHub
开发者学习 找到和我们所做方向
and learn from other developers that
接近的开发者
were doing something similar.
在Android平台 就会更容易些
On Android, that was a bit easier
因为文档更全面
because it’s more documented.
而且我们已经开发了一些插件了
And, also, there are many more plugins
可以用作参考
that we already developed.
就会更加容易些
So it was an easier process.
马丁:明白
MARTIN OMANDER: Got it.
好的 真棒
All right, great.
帕斯卡尔 非常感谢您能来这里给我们
Thank you very much for coming in and sharing your experiences
分享经验
with us, Pascal.
帕斯卡尔:别客气
PASCAL JAILLON: You’re welcome.
马丁:我们希望大家能在这里发现
MARTIN OMANDER: We hope you found something
一些对你创业有价值的东西
you can use in your startup.
您的反馈很重要
Your input matters.
在下方给我们留言吧
Please leave your comments below.
我们会逐条阅读的
We read everything you write.
要了解在创业阶段谷歌可以帮到你什么
To learn how Google can help your startup,
请访问 developers.google.com/startups
go to developers.google.com/startups.
如果你想作为嘉宾参加这个节目
If you would like to be a guest on the show,
可以访问bit.ly/applyrootaccess
go to bit.ly/applyrootaccess.
今天就到这里吧
That’s it for now.
下次见
See you next time.
(音乐播放)
[MUSIC PLAYING]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

知易行难

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay4GggfZ2CY

相关推荐