ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

慢下来,做更多的事 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

慢下来,做更多的事

Going Slow to Do More | Tyler Sweatt | TEDxAshburnSalon

自从我记事起
So, ever since I can remember,
就一直想成为一个领袖
all I wanted to do is be a leader.
记得小时候我很崇拜父亲
Remember looking up to my father when I was young.
他无所不能
He could do everything,
无所不知
knew the answer to every question,
无所不解
knew the solution to every problem.
没什么他做不到的事
Nothing he couldn’t do.
领袖对于我而言意味着什么呢?
So, what being a leader mean to me?
意味着我得更快
Then I had to be faster.
意味着我得更强
Then I had to be stronger
意味着我得更聪明
and I had to be smarter.
我也的确做到了
I brought that into everything I did,
努力去成为每个体育团队的队长
tried to be captain every sports team,
争取每科都得满分
tried to get straight A’s in every class.
努力呼喊
Yelled a lot.
因为我觉得领袖会大声叫喊
Because I thought a leader yelled.
就像这样 “咳—— 我是老大!”
Right. Aah, I’m in charge.
努力做过很多这样的事
A lot of that going on.
就这样沿着努力的道路
So, kind of continuing on that journey,
我走进了西点军校
I get to West Point.
对自己自信满满
Pretty confident in myself,
觉得自己是个领袖
thinking I’m a leader.
很聪明 看起来也挺不错的
Pretty smart, pretty pretty decent shape.
结果环顾四周
I look around.
发现大家都比我聪明
Everybody’s smarter than me.
都比我快
Everybody’s faster than me.
大约在西点军校开学前一个月
At about month in starting my freshman year
发生了9·11事件
at West Point, 9/11 happens.
朋友们 你们会意识到
You realize, hey guys,
这不再只是训练了
this isn’t just training anymore.
我们要开战了
We’re gonna go to war.
在开始的几周 我们不知道
Didn’t know what was gonna happen
会发生什么
first couple weeks.
流言横飞
You know rumors are flying around.
“他们要把学员派到阿富汗”
Hey, they’re gonna deploy the cadets to Afghanistan.
这肯定会很糟
It would have been a terrible idea
我花了四年时间
See, I spent four years and
集中精力磨练技巧
all I was focusing on was perfecting my skill,
努力成为一个完美的领袖
perfecting being a leader.
学习艾森豪威尔 学习《孙子兵法》
Studied Eisenhower, studied Sun Tzu,
数次拜读克劳斯维茨的著作
read Clausewitz more times than I want to admit,
去军校进行暑期训练
went to military school, spent my summers training.
所有事情都准备就绪
Everything about getting ready to go.
然后我毕业了
So, I graduate.
志愿参加了去阿富汗的先头部队
Volunteer for the first unit going in Afghanistan.
在我看来
So in my head,
我已经等了四年了
I’ve been waiting for four years,
并且我不想再等下去了
and I didn’t want to wait any longer.
我想要获得领导的机会
I wanted to get my chance to lead.
我想要获得 把曾经的努力
I wanted to get my chance to put into practice everything
付诸实践的机会
I’ve been working to do.
所以我到了阿富汗
So I get to Afghanistan.
对自己非常自信
Pretty proud of myself.
西点军校的高材生 跃跃欲试
West Point grad, ready to go
然后遇到了我的指挥官
meet my commander.
“喂 Sweatt!身体走样了!”
Hey, Sweatt! Why are you out of shape?
“喂 Sweatt!你的领章呢?”
Hey, Sweatt! Where’s the Ranger tab?
你在这儿折腾什么 ?
What are you doing here?
一下又回到当初
Right back at the beginning.
但没关系
It’s alright.
为他效命四个月
Spent four months working for him,
从不找他的茬
never beat him in the wrong.
从不比他多做引体向上
Never did more pull-ups than him.
不能跟他一样大声
Couldn’t get as loud as him.
只是讨好他
Just reinforce him.
我一定要领导
I got to be in charge.
我得想办法改善现状
I got to figure out how to perfect this.
从2006年6月起的5个月
It’s about five months in June 2006,
我得到了机会
I get my chance.
我得到了第一个命令
I take my first command.
我们将开始第一次巡逻
We’re going on our first patrol.
于是我就按部就班的行动
So I do everything I’ve practiced.
我提出了巡逻计划
I’ve come up with the plan.
给出了命令
I’ve got the orders
我还制做了些图表进行模拟演习
Right. I’ve got graphics and we’ve rehearsed it
还捣鼓了些小桌子 一切准备就绪
and I’ve built little tables and we’re ready to go.
我摆出一副……你们懂的 领袖的姿态
So I do my, you know, leadership pose.
有点长官的风范 发号施令
Kind of supervise a little bit, bark some orders.
我们准备好了
We’re ready to go.
于是我们出发了
So we take off.
我们在那地方
We’ve been where we were been
待过大概上百次
about a hundred times.
我们也来来去去了一百来次
We’ve been where we were going about a hundred times.
一次巡逻开始后15分钟
About 15 minutes into the patrol,
两道明亮的红色闪光从身边飞过
a couple bright red flashes go flying past.
所以我怀疑有人扔了闪光弹
So I wonder, wonder if someone shot a flare,
那是什么?
what was that?
然后 “嘣——”
And the boom.
火箭推进式手榴弹爆炸了
Rocket-propelled grenade blows up.
卡车已无法使用
Trucks are disabled.
我终于得到发号施令的机会了
I barely get a chance to yell my first command out.
“注意!我们在交火”
Hey, we’re troops in contact.
无线电瘫痪了
And the radio goes down.
只能听到“嗞——”
All you can hear is kerrrr….
于是我把耳机取下来 试着环顾四周
Pull the headset off, try to look around.
但我是领头的
But I’m the leader.
我得搞清状况
I got to figure out what’s going on.
我必须做出决定
I got to make a decision.
眼前看到的全是烟
All you see is smoke.
枪战正在进行
Guns are going.
到处都是重型机枪射击声
All you hear is heavy machine-gun fire.
和烟雾
Smoke.
子弹被瞄准后
The bullets are so bright
从枪膛射出时
with the tracer rounds and the blasts
异常明亮
coming off the machine guns
以至于夜视镜已经不管用了
that your night-vision goggles aren’t even working.
我扔掉了夜视镜
Throw my night-vision goggles up.
我所有的练习都没有派上用场
So everything I practice has already not worked.
我们对现状毫无准备
So we’re like Plan C right now.
所以我开始在卡车之间奔走
So I start running between the trucks.
对同伴大声呼喊 确认他们都安全
Started yelling at my guys making sure everyone’s good,
确保枪支正常
making sure the guns are working,
确认我们未耗尽弹药
making sure we’re not running out of ammo.
惊慌失措地跑来跑去
Kind of running around checking my head cut off.
没有做任何实质性的决定 只是大声喊
Not making any actual decisions, just yelling a lot.
我们熬过去了 也回来了
So we get through that. We get back.
就跟我的二把手谈了谈
Talk to my number two.
一级士官埃斯皮诺萨
Sgt. first class Espinoza
已从军近20年
been in the army about 20 years,
我说“中士 我做错了什么吗?”
say, “Sarge, what I do wrong there?”
他说“很高兴听到你的提问”
He said “I’m glad you asked.”
“他们知道怎么开枪”
Said the guys, they know how to shoot.
“让他们自己来吧”
Let him shoot.
“他们也知道怎么巡逻”
They know how to patrol.
“让他们自己去吧”
Let him patrol.
“而你呢?”
What are you trying to do?
“长官 做你该做的决定就行了”
He said make the decisions you need to make, sir.
“不需要你
He said I don’t need you
跑来跑去 大喊大叫”
running around screaming and yelling.
“我需要你控制自己 授权行动
I need you in control enabling,
带领战友们取得胜利”
setting those guys up for success,
“别妨碍他们”
getting out of their way.
“你需要放手 长官”
I need you to let go, sir.
这是我生命中深受影响的时刻之一
It’s one of the most profound moments in my life.
时至今日 每年我也会给他们
Still this day, I probably call them about
打十次左右的电话 只为道谢
ten times a year just say hey thanks.
渡过了军旅生活之后
So transition out of the military,
我进入了美国企业
get into corporate America,
穿着时髦的新西装
get a snazzy new suit.
非常兴奋
Pretty excited.
找了个好工作
I got a nice job.
“我是一个领袖!伙计们”
Alright. Hey, I’m a leader, guys.
我参加过战役
I’ve been in combat.
也是领导学院的高材生
You know, I went to a leadership college.
再次跃跃欲试
I’m ready to go.
我已经准备好了
I’m ready for this.
伙计们 我错了吗?
Boy, was I mistaken?
我意识到 我在军队里学到的东西
So I realized all the things I’ve learned in the military.
在它们被运用到美国企业之前
They needed to be tweaked just slightly
需要稍微调整一下
before they’d really translate to uh to corporate America.
在初次见面的一次会议中
One of the first meetings I’m in,
那里有一群高管
a bunch of higher-ups are there and
他们一直在讨论不停
there’s just, there’s a lot of talking going on.
“你的想法不错!”
And a great idea,
“不 你的更好!”“是你!”
no, you great idea, no, your great idea.
谈了40分钟 我站起来就走了
It’s about 40 minutes and I just got up and left.
我认为 我们在浪费时间
It’s in my head. We’re wasting time.
我们还有工作
We have work we have to do,
必须得到落实的工作
things that have to get done.
我坐在这儿干嘛 ?
What am I doing sit in here?
大概45分钟后 老板找到我
About 45 minutes later, my boss comes find me.
嘿 Sweatt 你在做什么?
Hey, Sweatt. What are you doing?
我说老板 你要我
I said wait. You asked me
今晚搞定这件事
to get this thing done tonight.
但如果在这儿
I’m not gonna get it done
听你们坐而论道
if I’m sitting there while you guys are
我就完不成工作了
kind of talking at each other.
稍微学习学习察觉氛围是很重要的
A little, little learning on context is important.
好吧 这是对行动的偏见
Right. It’s bias to action.
像上次在阿富汗那样吗?
Good in Afghanistan?
在回去之后一定要冷静下来
Needs to be tempered a little bit when you come home.
我也对另一些事情颇有心得
Also learned a little bit about
比如试着不懂装懂 直到真懂
trying to fake it till you make it.
我发现每个人
So I learned everyone,
在外都显得非常时髦
everyone’s big into fashion on the outside.
顺带讲
Mind you:
我上过高中
I’ve gone to a high school
大家都穿校服
where were you wear a uniform
也去过大学 大家都穿校服
where you wear a uniform.
在军队里 我则是穿着制服
I was in the army where I wore a uniform.
所以可能在14年的时间里
So I had not dressed myself
我从没打扮过自己
in probably 14 years.
在外出时 我努力去融入他们之中
So I’m trying to fit in. I’m out with some of the partners.
他们点我从没听说过的饮料
You know they’re ordering drinks I’ve never heard of
我就开始尬聊
and I’m like yeah, you know, I was thinking about
“我圣诞节想送老婆双‘乐不思’”
getting my wife a pair of “Lebutions” [Louboutins]for Christmas.
大家奇怪地看着我
Get it, get a couple looks out of the side.
我说“就那个‘乐不思’”
I’m like, you know,”Lebutions” [Louboutins]
“没错 但是省省吧”
Yeah, but saving up.
没人吱声 只用奇怪的眼神望着我
Nobody says anything I get some looks.
哦 天呐 爱谁谁吧
Oh my god, you know, Whatever guys.
大约一个周后
About a week later,
我一特好的朋友把我拉过来说
one of my real good friends pulls me aside and says
“你说的是什么东西啊?”
“Hey, what are you talking about?”
“嗯?”“‘乐不思’是什么东西?”
And I’m like, “What?” He’s like, “What are the ‘Lebutions’ [Louboutins] in pretty woman?”
我说“不是鞋子么?”
I said, “Well, you know, the shoes.”
他说“那叫‘鲁布托’!”
He’s like “Louboutins”!
回家之后我跟老婆讲了这件事
So I come home, I tell my wife this story.
如果我能拍一张她那时的照片
If I could have taken a picture of that,
真的会感觉到她的尴尬和羞耻
just embarrassment and shame and
“天…别在外面讲话了
Oh, god! Don’t talk in public, Tyler
瞧瞧你闹的笑话!”
what are you doing?
“抱歉…我们只是
Sorry. We’re gonna…
想聊聊天…忘了它吧
We’re gonna talk that, put that in the back pocket,
就当它没发生过”
pretend that didn’t happen.
但一直以来
But all along this time,
我仍努力探寻 成为领袖意味着什么
I’m still trying to figure out what being a leader means.
但是现在我找到了同伴
But I see partners now.
那些管理层
And I see executives
他们在做出决定
and they’re making these decisions
并且获得信息
and they’ve got information.
时刻身处其中
They’re always connected
紧锣密鼓 我努力去模仿他们
and they’re bumping and shaking and I’m trying to emulate.
所以我试着看相关的博客
So I’m trying to read all the right blogs,
收听我关注的播客
trying to listen to my podcasts
试着去弄懂
and trying to work out.
我试着去读有助于自我提升的书
I’m trying to read the self-improvement books,
最近大概是每年读25本书
what does it look at the recent 25 self-improvement books a year
谁有时间呢? 我没有
Who has time? I didn’t.
所以我只有取舍 拆东墙补西墙
So I was trading, robbing Peter to pay Paul,
奔走忙碌
moving about a thousand miles an hour.
之后我得到了提拔
And then I get promoted.
所以我兴奋极了 没错 这是我的机会
So I’m all excited. Right. Hey, it’s my chance.
不是吗? “大人物 总裁泰勒!”
All right. You know big Exec. Tyler.
然后我就更努力地行动
And I try to scale these behaviors
每晚打电话到11点
and I’m on the phone to eleven o’clock every night,
阅读邮件 而且还……
I’m reading emails and I’m going and I’m…
我做的事和巴菲特所说恰恰相反
I’m doing the opposite of what Warren Buffett says to do.
我通过日程安排的紧密程度
I’m measuring the value of my leadership
来衡量我的领导价值
by how full my calendar is.
“哇这些人在开会!”
I’m look at it while these people are doing meetings
然后我就加入这些会议
that I’m inserting myself into meetings
也加入了电话会议 努力磨合自己
and I’m on conference calls and I’m running in.
你们猜最后怎么了?
You know, what happened?
在许多事情上 我失败了
I failed a bunch of activity.
一整年时间 忙忙碌碌
Spent a year going with a thousand miles an hour,
然而无所作为
I didn’t have anything to show for it.
在朋友面前失败
Failed in front of my friends,
在老板 同行
failed in front of my boss, my peers,
队友 家人面前失败 非常丢脸
my teammates, my family, humiliating.
不知道该做什么
Didn’t know what to do.
我有过一次机会 可惜错过了
I had my shot. I missed it.
所以 我花了一些时间
So I spent some time,
去回顾 思考 反思
kind of going back and thinking, reflecting
意识到了
realize that
一路上我学到的所有东西
all these things I’d sort of learned along the way.
在不断被我遗忘
I kept forgetting.
我也许应该把这些事情写下来
I figured I should probably write these things down.
其实问题是“干扰”
It’s all about noise.
我一直在被外界干扰
I was getting distracted by noise.
而没能阻断干扰
I wasn’t able to separate the noise
而没明白什么才是真正重要的
and understand what really mattered.
我归纳了四点原则
So I boil it down to four principles
它们帮助我正常生活
that helped me live my life, help me make sure
确保我在做正确的事
that I’m doing the right thing,
在做正确的决定
that I’m making the right decisions.
首先——可能这也是我在西点军校
First one is probably the first thing I heard
学到的第一件事 我当时无法理解它
when I was at West Point and I did not understand it.
——要慢而稳
And it’s slow and smooth.
心急吃不了热豆腐
Smooth is fast.
这不是速度的问题
It’s not about speed.
而是关于控制
It’s about control.
不论是你的日常生活
Whether it’s your daily life,
还是在阿富汗打扫屋子
whether you’re clearing a house in Afghanistan.
如果你总是马力全开
If you’re moving at terminal velocity,
你将会错过细节
you’re gonna miss details.
你将会失去经验
You’re gonna miss experience.
你将会错失所有
You’re gonna miss all of it.
第二 ——这些话
The second one, those words.
是一级士官埃斯皮诺萨告诉我的
It’s Sgt. first class Espinoza told me.
——做出该做的决定
Make the decisions you need to make.
别去考虑
Don’t worry about
无法控制的事情
stuff you can’t control,
你无法控制它?
you can’t control it.
那就算了 它不重要
Goes into the box. It doesn’t matter.
如果事情还未成为现实
If it’s not real yet,
你就去构想一个现实
you think about it.
别让它搅得你夜不能寐
Don’t let it keep you up at night.
放开点
Let go.
让人们自己做决定吧
Let folks make the decisions they need to make.
第三 找准位置 着眼当下
The third one, be where you are, be present.
生命短暂
Life is short,
比我们期望的要短
shorter than we want it to be.
我们无法控制
We don’t control it.
没人会去记一份邮件
No one’s gonna remember an email.
一条脸书 或者一条推特的内容
No one’s gonna remember a facebook like or a tweet.
他们会记住欢笑
They’re gonna remember laughs.
会记住一次经历
They’re gonna remember an experience,
会记住一次聚餐 会记住一个笑话
a shared meal, a joke.
但是另一方面
The other side of that is
我们知道你何时“不在场”
we know when you’re not present.
每个人都知道
Everybody knows.
低着头玩弄手机
Get your head in the phone.
眼睛盯着其它地方
You’re looking somewhere else,
心不在焉地讲话时 你“不在场”
having a half-hearted conversation. It’s not real.
第四 提升自己
The first fourth one, excuse me, isn’t proof.
总是保持学习的状态
Always try to keep learning,
设法精进你的技能
find ways to perfect your craft,
设法挑战自我
find ways to challenge yourself.
世界那么大
The world’s a huge place.
尽可能试着去经历看看
Try to experience as much of it as you can.
我想起了小时候
So when I look back when I was a kid.
我爸过去常跟我说 “嘿 儿砸”
My dad used to tell me. Hey. Hey, Son.
“靶子就在那儿”
Make a hundred which you miss,
“你不开枪的话就永远打不中”
100% of the shots you don’t take.
我说“好吧” 现在 我成长了
I said all right. So now, I’ve grown a little bit.
我的疑问是 如果找不到“靶子”呢?
My question is what if we don’t see the shots?
如果我们太容易分心了怎么办?
What if we’re so distracted?
而且我们步子迈的的太快了
And we’re moving so fast.
我们一直力求赶上周围的人
We’re keeping up with the Joneses.
努力模仿Instagtam上的帅哥
We’re trying to be like these guys we see on Instagram
和电视上的美女
and girls we see on TV.
我们丢了“靶”
We’re missing the shots.
我们只有抵制住干扰自己的因素
We have to separate our own noise.
才能找到目标
So we can see the shots.
我们得慢下来
We’ve got to slow down
做更多事
to do more,
专注于你的目标 然后拿下它
focus on seeing your shots and then take it.
谢谢大家
Thank you, guys.
(掌声)
[Applause]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

踏踏实实做人,勤勤恳恳做事

听录译者

Felicity

翻译译者

面白坊主

审核员

审核员@XG

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLt1OYgZJj4

相关推荐