ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

与其制定目标 不如设定系统 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

与其制定目标 不如设定系统

Goal Setting Is a Hamster Wheel. Learn to Set Systems Instead. | Adam Alter

Don’t Set Goals, Set Systems.
不要制定目标 设定系统
Goal-setting is fascinating
目标制定很有趣
because it’s sort of a broken process in many respects.
因为从很多方面来看 它都是不连续的
This is the way a goal works: You say to yourself,
目标是这么起作用的:你对自己说
“When I achieve, whatever the thing is,
“只有当我实现了什么的时候
that’s how I’ll know… I’ll have succeeded,
那一刻我才会是成功的
and I’m gonna do everything I can to get to that point as quickly as possible.”
于是我会竭尽所能尽快地达到那个目标”
What that means is you exist in a failure state for a long time until you reach that goal,
这意味着在达到目标(长期目标)之前
if it’s a long-range goal.
你会一直处于失败的状态
And so, as you evaluate your process, all you get is the negative feedback
所以你评估进程时得到的都是消极反馈
of not having achieved that goal.
也就是没有实现目标
Perhaps as you move close to it, there’s some positive feedback,
可能在目标快实现时 会有些积极反馈
but if the goal is really the end state that you’re seeking out,
但如果实现的目标才是你追寻的终极状态
there’s a lot of failure before you get there.
在那之前 你会经历很多挫败感
And here’s a thing: When you do get there, there’s a massive anti-climax.
还有件事:随着目标实现 你会有强烈的失落感
So there are people who achieve the highest highs;
你知道 那些实现了终极目标的人
people who achieve the highest highs in athletics, in business,
在体育 商业领域达到最高水平的人
and if you talk to them and you describe, you ask them to describe what it’s like to reach their goals,
如果你让他们描述目标实现后的感觉
they say things like,
他们会说:
“I got there and it was an incredible anti-climax.
“我成功了 但随之而来的是难以置信的失落感
At the minute I got there, I had to start something new, I had to find a new goal.”
“目标一旦实现 我又得重新开始 寻找新的目标”
And that’s partly because there’s something really unsatisfying about the moment of reaching the goal.
部分是因为目标实现的瞬间你感到不满
Unless it has its own benefits that come from reaching the goal,
除非实现目标不无裨益
if it’s just a sort of signpost;
否则如果目标只算是路标
that doesn’t do much for us, it doesn’t nourish us psychologically.
那它对我们就没什么意义 况且它也并不能丰富我们的精神世界
And what that ends up meaning is that we have to try to find something new.
而目标实现就意味着要寻找新的目标
So really if you look at life as a series of goals, which for many of us, it is,
所以如果你真的和很多人一样 把生活看成一系列的目标
it’s a period of being unsuccessful in achieving the goal,
那生活就只是实现目标前的失败
then hitting the goal, then feeling like you haven’t really got much from that goal,
实现目标和之后的怅然若失
going to the next one,
的周而复始罢了
and it’s a sort of series of escalating goals.
而且目标总是呈向上趋势
A really good example of this is, say, smart watches or Fitbits or exercise watches.
智能手表 Fitbit 或者运动手表都是很好的例子
People, when they get those watches, a lot of them hit on the number 10,000.
戴上这些装备 很多人定下一万步的目标
“I want to walk 10,000 steps.”
“我要走一万步”
When you do that, the thing will beep;
一旦你走了一万步 它就会哔哔地叫
you’ll feel pretty good about it for a minute,
有一瞬间你会感觉很好
but then that feels a little hollow and the goal escalates over time.
但紧随其后的是空虚和制定更大的目标
People will describe going from 10 to 11 to 12 to 14,000 steps
一万步变成一万一 一万二 再到一万四
to the point where they’re moving through injuries, through stress-related injuries,
直到最后 因压力过大而受伤
because the goal is there;
因为他们眼里只有目标
they respond to the goal more than they do to their internal cues,
为了实现目标 他们不惜无视身体发出的信号
and basically there’s something really unfulfilling about that.
总的来说 人总是不满足
The reason the goal keeps escalating and becoming more and more intense
之所以提高目标
is because when they achieve the goal,
是因为他们
they don’t actually get anything for that achievement.
并未从目标实现中获益
And so goals, generally I think, are in many ways broken processes.
所以我认为 “制定目标”在很多方面都是不连续的过程
I think part of the problem with goals is that they don’t tell you how to get to where you’re going.
“制定目标”的问题之一在于它不告诉你方法
A better thing to do is to use a system.
相比于目标 一个更好的做法是“设定系统”
So the idea behind a system rather than a goal is that a system is saying things like,
“制定目标”和“设定系统”不同 因为后者像是在说
“I’m a writer, my goal is to finish writing this book but I’m not going to think about it that way.
“我是个作家 我的目标是写完这本书 但我并不会这样想”
Eventually I’ll have 100,000 words,
我最后会写够10万字
but my system will be that for an hour every morning,
但是“设定系统”的做法是每天早上花一个小时
I will sit in front of my computer screen and I will type.
坐在电脑屏幕前打字
It doesn’t matter what that looks like. I’m not going to evaluate the number of words.
不管写的怎么样 写了多少字
I’m not going to set some benchmark, some artificial number or benchmark that I should reach,
我都不会设定基准 字数要求什么的
what I’m going to do is just say,
我想说的是
‘Here’s my system: an hour a day in front of the screen. We’ll do what I can—bam.'”
“我的系统方法就是每天花一小时坐在屏幕前 尽可能地写——duang~”
And the thing is every time you set a system and you stick to it,
事实上 每设定一个系统并坚持下去
you’re achieving something,
你就会不断有所收获
instead of a goal that
而不是像“制定目标”那样
you’re failing essentially for long periods of time until you reach the goal.
注定要经历目标实现前长时间的失败阶段
You’re succeeding every day as long as you adhere to your system,
只要你每天跟着系统来 那你每天都是成功的
and you end up getting to the same place but
你的终极目标依然会得以实现
that framing is so much more effective.
但“系统”的框架更加高效
it gives you the kind of positive feedback you seek.
它能提供你想要的积极反馈
And the system is kind of geared towards psychological well-being:
此外 “设定系统”有利于心理健康
this is the thing I need to do to feel good about the way I’m moving through the world,
会让我们对自己的行事之道满意
towards whatever end state I’m looking for.
至于目标是什么 无关紧要
Goals don’t do that,
这点“制定目标”做不到
they just set signposts that you’re supposed to look at from afar and move towards.
它不过是立个路标 供你从远处看着往这赶罢了
Systems are a much more useful way of engaging with the world
说到帮助你实现目标 有所成就
towards certain ends and certain outcomes.
“设立系统”则更有用

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

制定目标,不如制定系统。实现目标只是一个短暂的瞬间,目标实现前的这段长时间里你都是失败的。而实现后你又会怅然如失,然后继续寻找下一个目标。而给自己设置一个系统,即每天要做什么的方式同样可以达到相同的目标,但每天你会因为你进步了而得到正面积极的正反馈。

听录译者

兰代

翻译译者

审核员

审核员DY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x44zEK39GOM

相关推荐