ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

《与妻书》 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

《与妻书》

Gerald Durrell to Lee McGeorge - Read by Tom Hiddleston

July 31st, 1978
1978年7月31日
My darling McGeorge,
我亲爱的麦乔治
You said that things seemed clearer when they were written down.
你说过很多东西写下来感觉会更清楚
Well, herewith a very boring letter
好吧 奉上一封很无聊的信
in which I will try and put everything down
我试着把一切都写下来了
so that you may read and reread at horror
这样你就可以在恐慌中反复阅读了
at your folly in getting involved with me.
觉得自己居然蠢到和我在一起
Deep breath.
深呼吸
To begin with
首先
I love you
我爱你
with a depth and passion
深爱着
that I have felt for no one else in this life
此生我未对他人有过这样的感觉
and if it astonishes you,
如果你感到很惊讶
it astonishes me as well.
我也一样惊讶
Not, I hasten to say, because you are not worth loving.
赶紧补上一句 不是因为你不值得爱
Far from it.
远非如此
It’s just that,
只是
first of all,
首先
I swore I would not get involved with another woman.
我发誓我不会和其他女人交往
Secondly,
其次
I have never had such a feeling before
在此之前我从未有过这种感觉
and it is almost frightening.
这是有点惊人
Thirdly, I would never have thought it possible
第三 我从不认为有另一人
that another human being could occupy my waking and sleeping thoughts
可以占据我清醒与睡梦中的思想
to the exclusion of almost everything else.
几乎挤走了其他一切事物
Fourthly, I never thought that
第四 我从没想过
even if one was in love
即使恋爱中的人
one could get so completely besotted with another person,
也可能会被另一个人迷得神魂颠倒
so that a minute away from them felt like a thousand years.
一会儿不见 就像分开了千年
Fifthly,
第五
I never hoped, aspired, dreamed
我从没希望过 渴望过 梦想过
that one could find everything one wanted in one person.
一个人能在另一人那找到自己想要的一切
I was not such an idiot as to believe this was possible.
我没有傻到相信这种事情是可能的
Yet in you I have found everything I want:
然而我在你那找到了我想要的一切
you are beautiful, gay, giving, gentle,
你美丽 活泼 慷慨 温柔
idiotically and deliciously feminine,
傻乎乎 娇滴滴
sexy,
性感
wonderfully intelligent and wonderfully silly as well.
非常聪明 也非常傻
I want nothing else in this life than to be with you,
此生除了与你共度我别无所求
to listen and watch you
倾听着你的话语 看着你
your beautiful voice, your beauty,
你美妙的嗓音 你的美貌
to argue with you, to laugh with you,
和你争吵 和你欢笑
to show you things and share things with you,
向你展示 跟你分享世间万物
to explore your magnificent mind,
探索你高尚的心灵
to explore your wonderful body,
探索你迷人的身体
to help you, protect you, serve you,
帮助你 保护你 服务你
and bash you on the head when I think you are wrong…
我觉得你错了 就会念叨你
Not to put too fine a point on it.
坦白地说
I consider that I am the only man outside mythology
我觉得我是神话传说之外
to have found the crock of gold at the rainbow’s end.
唯一一个能找到彩虹尽头那一罐金子的人
But having said all that
话虽如此
let us consider things in detail.
我们还是要考虑一下细节
Don’t let this become public but …
不要到处张扬 不过
well,
好吧
I have one or two faults.
我有一两个缺点
Minor ones, I hasten to say.
我得说都是小缺点
For example, I am inclined to be overbearing.
比如 我有些盛气凌人
I do it for the best possible motives,
我这样做是出于最美好的动机
all tyrants say that,
暴君都这样说
but I do tend, without thinking, to tread people underfoot.
但我确实毫不犹豫地把人踩在脚底
You must tell me when I am doing it to you, my sweet,
我这样做的时候你一定要告诉我 亲爱的
because it can be a very bad thing in a marriage.
因为在婚姻中这是非常糟糕的事情
Right. Second blemish.
好吧 第二个小瑕疵
This, actually, is not so much a blemish of character,
这其实不太算性格问题
as a blemish of circumstance
而是环境问题
Darling.
亲爱的
I want you to be you in your own right
我希望你能做你自己
and I will do everything I can to help you in this.
我会尽我所能去帮助你
But you must take into consideration
但你一定要想想
that I am also me in my own right
我也要做我自己
and that I have a headstart on you.
我比你有优势
What I am trying to say is that you must not feel offended
我想说的是你千万不要感觉被冒犯了
if you are sometimes treated simply as my wife.
如果有时你只是被当做我的妻子
Always remember that what you lose on the swings you gain on the roundabouts.
永远记住 失之东隅 得之桑榆
But… But I am an established ‘creature’ in the world,
不过……不过我是“知名的”人物了
and so on occasions you will have to live in my shadow.
所以有时候你的活在我的阴影下
Nothing gives me…
这个是……
…less pleasure than this
最令我不快的事了
but it is a fact of life that has to be faced.
但这个是事实 我们需要去面对
Third, and very important and nasty, blemish:
第三 很严重很讨厌的小瑕疵
jealousy.
嫉妒
I don’t think you know what jealousy is, thank God, in the real sense of the word.
谢天谢地我觉得你不知道嫉妒的真正含义
I know that you have felt jealousy over Lincoln’s wife and child,
我知道你对林肯的老婆和孩子感到嫉妒
but this is what I call normal jealousy,
但这种我叫它正常的嫉妒
and this, to my regret, is not what I’ve got.
这个 很抱歉 不是我有的
What I have got is a black monster
我有的是黑色怪兽
that can pervert my good sense,
它能扭曲我的理智
my good humour and any goodness that I have in my make-up.
以及我假装出来的幽默与所有优点
It is really a Jekyll and Hyde situation …
这真像双重人格的情况
my Hyde is stronger than my good sense and defeats me,
我恶的一面比我的理智强大 常常打败我
hard though I try.
我尽力了
As I told you, I have always known that this lurks within me,
如我所言 我一直知道恶藏在我心里
but I could control it,
但我不能控制它
and my monster slumbered and nothing happened to awake it.
我的怪兽睡着了 没有什么来唤醒它
Then I met you
然后我遇到了你
and I felt my monster stir and become half awake
我感觉我的怪兽受到了惊扰 已经半醒了
when you told me of Lincoln and others you have known,
当你跟我讲林肯和其他你认识的人
and with your letter my monster came out of its lair,
你的一封信把我的怪兽引出洞穴
black, irrational, bigoted, stupid, evil, malevolent.
它黑暗 无理 狭隘 邪恶 狠毒
You will never know how terribly corrosive jealousy is;
你永远不会知道嫉妒有多能腐蚀人心
it is a physical pain
它是身体上的痛
as though you had swallowed acid or red hot coals.
就像你吞了强酸或吃了热煤
It is the most terrible of feelings.
这是最糟糕的感觉
But you can’t help it, at least I can’t, and God knows I’ve tried.
但是你忍不住 至少我忍不住 苍天可见我尽力了
I don’t want any ex-boyfriends sitting in church when I marry you.
当我娶你时 不想在教堂看见你的前男友
On our wedding day I want nothing but happiness, both for you and me,
在我们婚礼那天 我只想要你和我的幸福
and I know I won’t be happy if there is a church full of your ex-conquests.
我知道如果教堂都是你前任的话 我会不开心
When I marry you I will have no past, only a future:
当我娶你时 我将没有过去只有未来
I don’t want to drag my past into our future
我不想把我的过去带进未来
and I don’t want you to do it, either.
我也不想你这样做
Remember I am jealous of you because I love you.
请记住 我为你嫉妒是因为我爱你
You are never jealous of something you don’t care about.
你决不会为你不在意的事物感到嫉妒
OK, enough about jealousy.
好了 嫉妒说完了
Now let me tell you something.
现在 听我说
I have seen a thousand sunsets and sunrises,
我见过千次日出和日落
on land where it floods forest and mountains with honey coloured light,
大地上 蜜色的光辉在森林和高山间流淌
at sea where it rises and sets like a blood orange in a multicoloured nest of cloud,
大海上 像血橙在多彩的云朵里升升落落
slipping in and out of the vast ocean.
在广阔的海洋中穿梭
I have seen a thousand moons:
我看过千次月亮
harvest moons like gold coins,
秋分前后的满月就像金币
winter moons as white as ice chips,
冬季的月亮像冰屑一样白
new moons like baby swans’ feathers.
新月就像小天鹅的羽毛
I have seen seas as smooth as if painted,
曾见过风平浪静的大海
coloured like shot silk or blue as a kingfisher
有的似闪亮的丝绸 有的蓝如翠鸟的羽毛
or transparent as glass
有的透明如玻璃
or black and crumpled with foam
或乌色泛褶出泡沫
moving ponderously and murderously.
沉重又暗藏杀机地涌动着
I have felt winds straight from the South Pole,
我感觉过风从南极直下
bleak and wailing like a lost child;
寒冷 像一个走丢的孩子那样哀嚎
winds as tender and warm as a lover’s breath;
有的风温柔和煦 像爱人的呼吸
winds that carried the astringent smell of salt and the death of seaweeds;
有的风裹挟着盐与腐败海藻的涩味
winds that carried the moist rich smell of a forest floor,
有的风充盈着森林里馥郁的湿气
the smell of a million flowers.
万千花朵的芬芳
Fierce winds that churned and moved like the sea like yeast,
猛烈的风搅动着大海翻腾 像沸腾的气泡
or winds that made the waters lap at the shore like a kitten.
有的风使海浪像小猫一样拍打海岸
I have known silence:
我知道静默
the cold, earthy silence at the bottom of a newly dug well;
一口新挖的井底部寒冷泥土的静默
the implacable stony silence of a deep cave;
深邃洞穴里 冷峻决绝岩石的静默
the hot, drugged midday silence
炙热又浑浑噩噩的正午的静默
when everything is hypnotized and stilled into silence by the eye of the sun;
当一切被太阳定格 万物陷入静止的静默
the silence when great music ends.
音乐终了时的静默
I have heard summer cicadas cry
我听过夏蚕嘶鸣
so that the sound seems stitched into your bones.
声音如芒在背
I have heard tree frogs in an orchestration as complicated as Bach
我听过树蛙的合唱 复杂如巴赫的编曲
singing in a forest lit by a million emerald fireflies.
在被绿宝石般萤火虫点亮的森林鸣叫
I have heard the keas calling over the grey glaciers
我听过啄羊鹦鹉越过灰色冰川的嘶鸣
that groaned to themselves like old people
恍如老年人哀叹着
as they inched their way to the sea.
缓慢走向海
I have heard the hoarse street vendor cries of the mating fur seals
我听过街头小贩哑了嗓子成交皮革的叫嚷
as they sang to their sleek golden wives,
好像对穿金戴银妻子的歌唱
the crisp staccato admonishment of the rattlesnake,
响尾蛇短促而清脆的警告声
the cobweb squeak of the bat
蝙蝠的尖戾无处不在
and the belling roar of the red deer knee deep in purple heather.
马鹿的咆哮从及膝深的石楠丛中发出
I have heard wolves baying at a winter’s moon,
我听过群狼对这冷月的嚎叫
red howlers making the forest vibrate with their roaring cries.
红吼猴用它们的咆哮震慑森林
I have heard the squeak, purr and grunt of a hundred multi-coloured reef fishes.
我听过那珊瑚中群鱼叽叽吱吱的声音
I have seen
我看过
hummingbirds flashing like opals around a tree of scarlet blooms,
蜂鸟围着一树红花 如猫眼般闪烁
humming like a top.
像陀螺嗡嗡响
I have seen flying fish,
我曾看过飞鱼
skittering like quicksilver across the blue waves,
犹如道道水银 掠过蓝色海浪
drawing silver lines on the surface with their tails.
用尾部在水下画出银色水纹
I have seen spoonbills flying home to roost
我见过琵鹭归巢
like a scarlet banner across the sky.
宛如一幅猩红划过天际
I have seen whales,
我见过鲸鱼
black as tar,
黑如沥青
cushioned on a cornflower blue sea,
衬着矢车菊般的大海
creating a Versailles of fountain with their breath.
呼吸间筑起凡尔赛的喷泉
I have watched butterflies emerge and sit,
我见过蝴蝶破茧时危坐
trembling, while the sun irons their wings smooth.
颤抖着 任凭阳光将蝶翼熨平
I have watched tigers,
我看过老虎
like flames,
好似烈焰
mating in the long grass.
在长草处交配
I have been dive-bombed by an angry raven,
我曾被愤怒的渡鸦俯冲轰炸
black and glossy as the Devil’s hoof.
像恶魔之蹄一样的黑色光泽
I have lain in water warm as milk, soft as silk,
我曾躺在温暖如牛奶 柔滑如丝的水中
while around me played a host of dolphins.
海豚在我周围嬉戏
I have met a thousand animals
我遇见过一千只动物
and seen a thousand wonderful things…
看过千般美妙的事情
All this I did without you.
一切都没有你的陪伴
This was my loss.
这是我的损失
All this I want to do with you.
我想和你一起做这些事
This will be my gain.
这是我的收获
All this I would gladly have forgone
我愿放弃这所有的一切
for the sake of one minute of your company,
只为换取你一分钟的陪伴
for your laugh,
只为你的笑容
your voice,
你的嗓音
your eyes, hair, lips, body,
你的眼睛 头发 嘴唇 身体
and above all for your sweet, ever surprising mind
最重要的是 换取你那令人惊讶的心灵
which is an enchanting quarry
那迷人的宝藏
in which it is my privilege to delve.
只有我有权探索

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

杰拉尔德写给妻子麦乔治的一封信

听录译者

西西弗与加缪

翻译译者

MANJUSAKA

审核员

审核员A

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE4msFl_Boo

相关推荐