ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

把人类“标本化”的时间胶囊 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

把人类“标本化”的时间胶囊

Gabriel Barcia-Colombo: Capturing memories in video art

翻译人员: Lee Li 校对人员: Si Xie
Translator: Thu-Huong Ha Reviewer: Morton Bast
我喜欢收集东西。
I love to collect things.
从我小时候起,我就有一大堆的收集品
Ever since I was a kid, I’ve had massive collections
什么都收集,不管是来自世界各地的怪味辣椒酱
of random stuff, everything from bizarre hot sauces
还是各种昆虫
from all around the world to insects
我都会收集放进瓶子里。
that I’ve captured and put in jars.
现在你们都知道了,因为我喜欢收集
Now, it’s no secret, because I like collecting things,
所以我喜欢自然历史博物馆
that I love the Natural History Museum
还有里面收集到的
and the collections of animals
制成立体模型的各种动物。
at the Natural History Museum in dioramas.
这些对我来说就是有着生命的雕像,
These, to me, are like living sculptures, right,
没错,你可以去看一看,
that you can go and look at,
他们捕捉下了这些动物
and they memorialize a specific point of time
生命中的某些特定的时刻
in this animal’s life.
所以我就会思考我自己的生活,
So I was thinking about my own life,
想一想我要怎样去记录我的生活,
and how I’d like to memorialize my life, you know,
给未来的人看,同时,——(笑声)——
for the ages, and also — (Laughter) —
也记录我朋友的生活,但是
the lives of my friends, but
问题就在于我的朋友都不太热衷于
the problem with this is that my friends aren’t quite keen
把他们“标本化”这一想法。(笑声)
on the idea of me taxidermy-ing them. (Laughter)
所以其而代之的,我选择录像这个方式,
So instead, I turned to video,
录像是保存和记录人类的另一个最佳选择
and video is the next best way to preserve and memorialize
可以及时抓住特定的某一瞬间。
someone and to capture a specific moment in time.
所以我所做的,就是拍下我的六个朋友的录像
So what I did was, I filmed six of my friends
然后,用全景显示和视频投影,
and then, using video mapping and video projection,
我做出了一个视频版的雕像,
I created a video sculpture, which was these six friends
这就是我放映在瓶中的六个朋友。(笑声)
projected into jars. (Laughter)
现在我“收集”了这些朋友
So now I have this collection of my friends
我就能带着他们到处走了,
I can take around with me whenever I go,
这就叫“Animalia Chordata”,
and this is called Animalia Chordata,
它是拉丁语,意思就是
from the Latin nomenclature for
人类分类系统。
human being, classification system.
这件作品将我的朋友们记录在这些瓶子里,
So this piece memorializes my friends in these jars,
而且他们可以动来动去的。(笑声)
and they actually move around. (Laughter)
这对我来说挺有趣的,
So, this is interesting to me,
但还缺少了某些人类的元素。(笑声)
but it lacked a certain human element. (Laughter)
这是个数码雕像,所以
It’s a digital sculpture, so I wanted to add
我增加了一个互动系统。
an interaction system. So what I did was,
我加了一个距离传感器,所以当你接近
I added a proximity sensor, so that when you get close
这些瓶中人的时候,他们会有不同的反应。
to the people in jars, they react to you in different ways.
就像你接近
You know, just like people on the street
大街上的人一样。
when you get too close to them.
有些人的反应会显得很恐慌。(笑声)
Some people reacted in terror. (Laughter)
有些人的反应是请求你的帮助,
Others reacted in asking you for help,
有些人则会躲着你。
and some people hide from you.
这个想法真的很有趣,
So this was really interesting to me, this idea of
既能把屏幕上的视频拿下来放到现实生活中,
taking video off the screen and putting it in real life,
又能和这些雕像进行互动。
and also adding interactivity to sculpture.
到了第二年,我制作了另外40个朋友“标本”
So over the next year, I documented 40 of my other friends
然后也把他们“收集”在我的瓶子里
and trapped them in jars as well
然后将这件作品取名“花园”,
and created a piece known as Garden,
意指一个集合了不同人性的花园。
which is literally a garden of humanity.
但我的第一件作品,
But something about the first piece,
那件“Animali Chordata”,却一直浮现在我眼前,
the Animali Chordata piece, kept coming back to me,
我不断思考和艺术进行互动这一想法,
this idea of interaction with art,
说真的我很喜欢人与艺术之间进行互动这一想法,
and I really liked the idea of people being able to interact,
同时也享受在这过程中所遇到的挑战。
and also being challenged by interacting with art.
所以我想要制作另一件作品
So I wanted to create a new piece that actually
一件能够促使人们去和别的事物进行互动的作品,
forced people to come and interact with something,
我还是采用投影的方式
and the way I did this was actually by projecting
将一个上世纪50年代的家庭主妇放进了搅拌机。(笑声)
a 1950s housewife into a blender. (Laughter)
这件作品叫“搅拌机”,它用暗示的方法
This is a piece called Blend, and what it does is
让你参与到这件作品中。
it actually makes you implicit in the work of art.
你可能从未经历过这种事情。
You may never experience the entire thing yourself.
你可以走掉,也可以单单看着这个主妇
You can walk away, you can just watch as this character
看她站在搅拌机中和你深情对望
stands there in the blender and looks at you,
又或者你可以选择“调侃”她一下。
or you can actually choose to interact with it.
如果你选择了后者,
So if you do choose to interact with the piece,
那么你就按下“搅拌”这个按钮,
and you press the blender button, it actually sends
它就会将这个主妇搅得天崩地裂,天旋地转,天昏地暗。
this character into this dizzying disarray of dishevelment.
当你这样做的时候,你就成为了作品的一部分了。
By doing that, you are now part of my piece.
你就像其他被我困在瓶中的人一样
You, like the people that are trapped in my work
——(搅拌机的声音,笑声)——
— (Blender noises, laughter) —
也都成为我作品的一部分。(笑声)
have become part of my work as well. (Laughter)
(笑声)
(Laughter)
(掌声)
(Applause)
但,这样好像有点不公平,对吧?
But, but this seems a bit unfair, right?
我把朋友放进瓶子里,我把这个家庭主妇也放进去,
I put my friends in jars, I put this character,
把这种濒临绝种的生物放进搅拌器里。
this sort of endangered species character in a blender.
但我从来没拿过我自己开刀。
But I’d never done anything about myself.
我从没有记录过自己。
I’d never really memorialized myself.
所以我决定做一件“自录像”。
So I decided to create a piece which is a self-portrait piece.
这是一件自我标本化的时间胶囊作品
This is sort of a self-portrait taxidermy time capsule piece
取名为“消逝”
called A Point Just Passed,
在这件作品里,我把自己投影在打卡考勤钟的上面,
in which I project myself on top of a time card punch clock,
然后剩下的就需要你来决定了。
and it’s up to you.
如果你选择进行打卡,
If you want to choose to punch that punch card clock,
那么实际上你是在让我变老。
you actually age me.
所以我一开始是婴儿,然后你打了卡,
So I start as a baby, and then if you punch the clock,
你就会把我从婴儿变成一个小孩,
you’ll actually transform the baby into a toddler,
然后从一个小孩又变成一个年轻人。
and then from a toddler I’m transformed into a teenager.
从年轻人,我又变成现在的我。
From a teenager, I’m transformed into my current self.
从现在的我,又变成中年男子,
From my current self, I’m turned into a middle-aged man,
接着,变成一个老年人。
and then, from there, into an elderly man.
如果你在一天时间内打卡100次,
And if you punch the punch card clock a hundred times
这件作品会变黑
in one day, the piece goes black
直到第二天才会恢复初始状态。
and is not to be reset until the next day.
所以,这么做,你擦去的是时间。
So, in doing so, you’re erasing time.
你实际是隐含在这件作品里面的一部分
You’re actually implicit in this work
因为你在擦拭我的人生。
and you’re erasing my life.
我喜欢这种真正能与之互动的
So I like this about interactive video sculpture,
互动型视频雕像,
that you can actually interact with it,
而且能与之触碰
that all of you can actually touch an artwork
并亲自参与到作品中来的,
and be part of the artwork yourselves,
希望有一天,我能将你们所有人都收集起来
and hopefully, one day, I’ll have each and every one of you
放进我的瓶子里。(笑声)
trapped in one of my jars. (Laughter)
谢谢。(掌声)
Thank you. (Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i63jTStjZSQ

相关推荐