未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

满是旧书店的威尔士质朴村庄

FUNKY Village in WALES That is Full of USED BOOK SHOPS | STRANGE & COOL

早上好啊 哇嘎观众老爷们
Good morning Vagabuddies. Well our
穿越威尔士的冒险之旅
adventure through Wales is taking us,
终于到了南方 来到了布雷肯的灯塔国家公园
finally, into the south into Brecon Beacons National Park.
我们住在马车房里 在这儿有舒适的床
We’re staying at the Coach House, which is a lovely bed
和布雷肯美味的早餐
and breakfast here in Brecon, which has
这可能是全威尔士最美味的早餐之一了
supposedly one of the best breakfast in all of Wales.
现在是早上7:45
It’s 7:45 in the morning.
美好的一天在等着我们 我们要去
We have an amazing day lined up. We’re going go be
做一些山地骑行 去探索一下
doing some mountain biking and exploring
布雷肯灯塔国家公园
the Brecon Beacons National Park,
可能会尝尝一些威士忌
potentially some whisky tasting, but
但是在我们偏得太远之前
before we get too far down the road,
我们就先从我们熟悉的事开始
we’re going to start things off how we
咖啡
always start things off….with coffee.
好的 哇嘎观众老爷们 我们刚刚到了
All right Vagabuddies, we’ve just arrived
塔雷巴特水库 正在我们后面波涛澎湃
at Talybont Reservoir, which is cascading
我们和卢克碰面
over here behind us, and we’re meeting up with Luke.
他是山地自行车探险向导
He is a mountain- biker adventure guide.
我们在塔雷巴特水库
We’re here in Talybont Reservoir a
在厄斯克峡谷之上一点
little bit above the base of the Usk
我们要去看看
Valley. We’re going to go and check out
山地自行车道路情况
the local area on the mountain bikes.
布雷肯灯塔国家公园有着
Brecon Beacons National Park is made up
诸多山地地形 茂密的森林 湖
of diverse mountain areas, forests, lakes
河 这意味着
rivers, which means there’s a huge
这儿风景各异
variety of different scenery; there’s a
也提供多种多样的活动
huge variety of different activities on
在这儿 能满足所有人的要求
offer, and there really is something for everyone.
这些路实际上是
These roads were actually old
过去老旧的煤车运输道
tram ways, like back in the day, there
山上有石灰岩的矿坑
were mines for limestone up in the
这些有轨电车会把石灰石
hills ,and these trams would transfer the
从这里一直输送到运河
limestone all the way down from here to
然后将货物运至加的夫或欧洲的工业厂
a canal that would then float the goods out to Cardiff or to the industrial mills of Europe.
很多人都在抱怨
A lot of people complain about the
这个国家的天气
weather in this country
但我个人还是挺享受它的 从摄影角度来看的话
but I personally really enjoy it from a photography perspective
实际上有很多的云朵
honestly there are a lot of clouds
但当阳光穿透这些云朵时
but when the sun breaks through these clouds
你会看到一些绚丽多彩的光与影的变幻
you get some really beautiful light playing with darkness.
正当我们走到河边时
Right as we got down to the river,
开始下起了大雨
it just started pissing down, honestly.
我们都被淋湿了
We’re completely drenched
可能就像我们在那里游泳一样潮湿
probably as wet as if we had gone swimming back there
但绝对更脏 更开心吧
but definitely more dirty and happier
那就有趣的多了
That was super fun.
我们要在这儿等雨停
We’re going to wait for the rain to pass,
幸运的是 在英国 还有很多雨天
and luckily here in the U.K., there are plenty of rainy day options.
我们淋浴后 又变暖了
We are showered; we are warm, but the
但最好的变暖和的方法当然是……威士忌
but the best way to warm up is of course…Whisky
威士忌 威士忌常与苏格兰或者爱尔兰相伴
Whisky. Whisky is usually associated with Scotland or Ireland
但威尔士也生产威士忌
but Wales makes Whisky too.
我们在潘德琳镇的彭德琳酒厂
We’re in the town of Penderyn and we’re at the Penderyn Distillery
我们还会进一步了解威尔士威士忌
and we’re going to find out a little bit more about Welsh whisky.
你准备好了吗?好了
You ready? I am.
我要为团队做一件事
I’m going to do one for the team.
我要当指定司机
I’m going to be the designated driver,
所以我只闻闻 不喝
so I’ll be sniffing but not sampleing
为了科学的利益 我将成为实验对象
In the interest of science, I will be the
我将勇敢地面对这一轮的威士忌测试
guinea pig. I will be the brave one to
这是公平的
test the whisky. It’s only fair because
因为当我们在北爱尔兰的布什米尔斯时
when we were in Bushmills in Northern
马克也做了同样的事情
Ireland, Mark did the same, and I got to
而我则尝试了15种不同的威士忌……
sample 15 different whiskys……..
“很高兴认识你 我的兄弟”
“Enchante, mon frere..”
我是大卫 我们在新南威尔士州的潘德琳酿酒厂
I’m David, and we’re at Penderyn Distillery in New South Wales,
我们要去尝尝威士忌
and we’re going to taste some whisky.
16年前 一对当地人聚在一起
16 years ago now, a couple local people
他们买下了这里
got together, and they bought this still
开始在这里生产威士忌
and started producing some whisky here.
我们所做的是得到麦芽
What we’re doing is we’re getting
起初 我们本来
malted barley. We’re essentially making
用它制做一种啤酒
a kind of beer from it at first
我们加入热水来破坏淀粉和糖
we’re adding hot water to break down the starch and sugar.
我们用酵母发酵糖来得到酒精
We’re fermenting the sugar with yeast to get some alcohol
用蒸馏酒精来制作酒
and with a purifying alcohol to get a spirit
大约是90%的酒精
It’s about 90% alcohol, and we’re
我们要把它放进酒桶里几年
putting that into barrels for a couple
我们在过去的六个月里
of years, and we’re finishing it for the
用不同的方式酿制
last six months in different types to
给于了它不同的风味
give it the different flavors.
味道很棒
That’s really nice.
这是我们制作的特别版 叫做
This is a special edition we’ve done called
独立 潘德琳独立
The Independence, Penderyn Independence
是为美国独立日设计的
This one was for the American Independence
因为16名签名者都是威尔士后裔
because 16 of the signers were of Welsh descent.
有趣的是
It’s interesting how the Welsh have
威尔士人的移民比爱尔兰人和苏格兰人少
immigrated less than the Irish and Scottish
威尔士最大的移民群体是在美国
The largest population of immigrants outside Wales is in the U.S
还有新西兰和澳大利亚 甚至巴塔尼亚
also New Zealand and Australia, and even Patagonia,
但有时你会忘记他们对我们社会的影响
but sometimes you forget their influence on our own society.
但是威士忌是记住他们的好方法
But this whisky is a good way of remembering them.
自由的味道
Smells like freedom.
再见 我们很快会再见的 希望如此
See you guys again, and we’ll see you soon, hopefully.
非常感谢 结束了
Thank you very much. Peace, guys.
很激动吗 我的兄弟哟
Pretty excited there, Brother?
我们已经到达了世界上马尔科要去的地方之一
We have arrived at one of the more Marko places in the world
海伊小镇
Hay on Wye
这是一个古老的市场城镇 已成为图书爱好者们的圣地
This is an old market town, which has become a mecca for book lovers……
通常该叫藏书爱好者
bibliophiles in general. There’s a ton of
这里有很多不同的二手书店
different used book shops here.
这是在70年代的一次媒体噱头中形成的
It was formed by a media stunt in the
当时一个当地的人宣布独立王国
’70s when a local guy declared an
并将他的马命名为首相
Independent Kingdom and named his horse
他自己为国王
the prime minister and him the king.
我们要去看看威尔士
We’re going to go check out this quirky
这个古怪的小角落
little corner of Wales,
看看我们能找到什么
and see what we can find.
显然 比尔 克林顿把这个地方
Apparently Bill Clinton has called
称为“伍德斯托克的思想”
this place Woodstock for the Mind.
有各种关于书的节日
There’re festivals around books
这里有所有种类的书店
there’re also all sorts of book shops,
但是整个事情都是从这个叫理查德·布斯的人开始的
but the whole thing started with this guy named Richard Booth.
我们要去他在街角建立的那家商店
We’re going to go to the store that he founded right around the corner.
我叫帕特里夏·桑顿
My name is Patricia Thornton, and
我们在理查德·布斯的书店里
we’re in Richard Booth’s bookshop
海伊小镇的二手书店里
secondhand bookshop in Hay on Wye.
他对书的痴迷是什么?
What was his fascination with books?
我觉得是总是热爱着书籍
I just think you always love books.
他在牛津大学读历史
He was up at Oxford reading history.
我觉得他花了很长时间泡在二手书店里
I think he spent an awful lot of time in
在大学学习时
secondhand book shops while he was there,
也在他开始经营时
and at the time when he started, there
威尔士有很多老旧宽敞的老房子
were awful lot of big old houses in
继续维持下去的话 要花一大笔钱
Wales. They were so expensive to keep
很多人都选择卖掉他们的图书馆
going, and a lot of them sold their
理查德买下了大多数的图书馆
libraries, and he bought most of them.
你知道的 他是他自己最好的公关人员
He was his own best publicist, you know.
他提出了把海伊作为
He came up with this idea of making Hay
打造成一个独立王国的想法……不太现实哈
an independent kingdom… wasn’t serious,
但这真的很棒
but it was fantastic really because
因为它真的把海伊放进了地图上
it really did put Hay on the map.
二手书店有一种魅力
There’s something about a used bookshop
一种无法言语的魅力
that is an intangible loveliness. I think
我觉得 它增加了你随机找到一本书的机会
that it increases your chances of finding a
而不是一种算法
random book rather than an algorithm
来计算出你可能会喜欢的书
suggesting books it thinks you’re going to like
它向你展示了
It shows you stuff that you
你可能永远不会选择的东西
probably would never have picked on your own
我的天啊 那有本书
Oh my god, there’s a book here
《据马克说》
According to Mark.
《据马克说》
So According to Mark, this is not
这根本不是一本戏剧书
staged at all – because we’re in the
因为我们在福音书部分 但《据马克说》
gospel section here. But According to Mark,
马尔科 二手书店应该存在
Marko, used book shops should exist.
这家书店很棒 这雨天活动很赞
This is great one, and it’s perfect rainy day activity.
像这样的地方真的超赞
Places like this are super cool because
因为在当代 我们被媒体轰炸 注意力分散
in the modern age we’re just so bombardedby media and distraction
考虑这是否值得发到INS上
whether it’s Instagram posts in social media.
来到这样一个被书海包围的地方
It’s really nice to come to a place where
感觉真的很不错
you’re just surrounded by books.
太感谢了 慢走 拜
Thanks so much. Take it easy. Bye
我们被踢出来了
We got kicked out.
我们呆到了最后 说实话
We stayed till closing time. Let’s be real.
我们只买了三本书
We only got three books. We would have
我们该买30本的 但我们花了太多时间
gotten 30, but we spent so much time
拍摄视频 到处看看
filming and looking around that by the
要到结束的时候 书店要关门了
time we were done, it was closing time.
我们只买了三本书
We only bought three books. Cycling and
骑车兜风和阅读让我感觉有点儿饿
book perusing has kind of got me feeling
我们是不是该吃饭了哟?
pretty hungry. Should we go eat?
哦 我的天啊
Oh my god, you guys.
我们到了兰戈埃德大厅 这是一个五星级酒店和餐厅
we just got to LLangoed Hall, which is a five-star hotel and restaurant,
看起来就像在巨大的老庄园里
which looks like it’s in this giant old manor.
我们要去吃旅行中最好的一餐了
We are about to have the best meal of the trip.
出发吧
Let’s go.
在这里感受到了闪闪发光的气氛
Getting some Shining vibes in here.
约翰尼来了……
Here’s Johnny……..
我们已经坐好了 给了我们一种不错的苏格兰威士
We have been seated and greeted and given a nice Speyside Scotch,
是酒店自制的 这是间酒店和餐厅
which is made by the hotel itself. This is the hotel and a restaurant
但它最初是一座城堡
but it was originally a castle
在560年前 这里曾是一个殖民地
In 560 there was a settlement here
在那里 它主办了第一个威尔士议会
where it hosted one of the first Welsh Parliaments.
后来它变成了一个乡村庄园 又恢复了
It was later turned into a country manor, restored
然后变成了一家酒店
and then became a hotel more recently.
我叫尼克·布罗迪
My name’s Nick Brody.
我们在兰戈埃德大厅
We’re at Llangoed Hall.
我们有一个宽敞的厨房花园
We’ve got an extensive sort of kitchen garden.
它由维多利亚时期一块不太好的小花园发展而成
It started off with a sort of bad patch of Victorian garden, and
所有的东西都被重新安置在一个吸烟室里
and everything’s being replanted with a smoking house
我们有很多鸡 鸭子 所以我们总是在菜单上
and we’ve got a lot of chickens, ducks, so we’re always using
某个地方使用这些蛋
those eggs somewhere along the line in the menus.
至于这道餐前小吃
For an “Amuse Bouch.”
我们刚吃了美味的龙虾 鱿鱼
We’ve just had a beautiful lobster, squid,
明虾浓汤 现在我们开吃以鸡蛋为主的头菜了
prawn bisque, and now we have hen egg for the starter.
扇贝配鱼子酱
Scallops with caviar
哇哦
Oh wow.
我们已经从白葡萄酒变成了黑皮诺葡萄酒 勃艮第葡萄酒
We’ve gone from white wine to a pinot noir, a burgundy.
这太令人惊讶了 太雅致了
Well, that was amazing. It was refined.
太优雅了
It was elegant.
所有的一切都太棒了
it was superlative in all forms.
说实话 我并不知道哪个更好了
Honestly, I don’t know what was better…
不论是环境 美食艺术 酒
the surroundings, the artwork, the wine list or the food,
还是食物 这些都是难以忘怀的一次经历
but combined it was an unforgettable experience.
把它放到布雷肯灯塔史诗般的日子行列第一名
And to put it on top of an epic day here in Brecon Beacons
我有点儿词穷了
I’m pretty much speechless.
不管怎样 请让我们知道你喜欢我们视频的那个地方
Anyways guys, let us know what your favorite part of this video was.
如果你喜欢书店 请告诉我们在你家乡 你喜欢用的书店是哪个
If you like the bookshop, tell us what your favorite used bookstore is in your hometown
在下面的评论框中告诉我们 我们很快就会再见的
Let us know in the comment box below, and we’ll see you guys soon.
如果你喜欢这个视频 你知道该怎么做:
If you like this video, you know what to do:
点赞 和你的朋友分享
thumbs -up, share it with your friends,
评论 如果你还没有 就打开通知
subscribe, and turn on notifications
与此同时
if you have not already. And in the meantime,
请保持好奇 继续探索 我们会与你在路上相遇
stay curious, keep exploring, and we’ll see you guys on the road.
再见
peace

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

哇嘎兄弟的一次新旅行,在威尔士享受自然之美,畅游在书海,体悟书的魅力

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Sallyzhe

审核员

A

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWTRLgFqxRI

相关推荐