ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

愈强愈卓越 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

愈强愈卓越

From Strength to Significance | Tim Shaw | TEDxNashville

噢 我喜欢被别人护送
Oh man, I love being escorted around.
这让我感觉自己太重要了
It makes me feel so important.
如果你愿意
Go back with me if you will
可跟随我回到2012年的秋季
to the fall of 2012.
我不知道你的情况如何
I don’t know about you,
但我那时已经实现了梦想
but I was living the dream.
至少 是所有美国男孩都向往的梦想
I was, well, at least every boy in America’s dream.
我那时在国家橄榄球联盟踢球
I was playing football in the National Football League.
我拥有一切
I had everything.
我有钱
I had money.
有权力 有影响力
I had my power. I had influence.
我什么都有
I had it all.
我是田纳西泰坦队的中后卫
I was a linebacker for the Tennessee Titans.
生活很美好
And life was good.
我过着有地位
I was living my life
名人的生活
from a position of fame.
而且实际上 我的人生直到那一刻
And really, my whole life up to that point
看到的全是
had been about seeing
自己有多么强大
how strong I could be.
我的意思是 14岁时
I mean, at 14 years old,
我已经6英尺高 190磅重了
I was 6 foot and 190 pounds.
那不能算我的功劳
Now, I can’t take credit for that.
那是上帝之作
I mean, God did that.
从宾夕法尼亚州立大学毕业时
And by the time I graduated from Penn State,
我的身高是6英尺2英寸 体重237磅
I was 6’2″, 237 pounds.
我可以像瞪羚一样奔跑
I could run like a gazelle.
我可以卧推举起一栋房子
I could bench press a house,
我可以做深蹲举 托起整个街区
and I could back squat a neighborhood.
我是说 我是一头野兽
I mean I was a beast.
但实际上 我觉得自己更像是一个超级英雄
But really, I saw myself more as a superhero
而不是橄榄球运动员
not a football player. I mean
我不可阻挡
I was unstoppable.
我觉得自己可以跑步穿墙
I felt that I could run through a wall.
我是如此的强壮
I was so strong.
我在第五轮被选中
I was drafted in the fifth round,
打了六年
and I played six years
特别有趣的橄榄球
of really fun football,
这让我们回到2012年
which brings us back to 2012
我那时还处于越来越强壮的阶段
while I was still getting stronger.
然后 突然间
And then, almost out of nowhere,
我开始失去力量
I started to lose my strength.
我全都记得
I remember of them,
那是在2013年比赛的淡季
the off-season of 2013.
我的身体不再像以前一样了
My body just wouldn’t do what I had alway done.
我记得在举重室
I remember being in the weight room,
我的右臂根本没有反应
and my right arm just wouldn’t respond.
做不了以前能做的动作
It just wouldn’t do what I had always done.
我当时的状态并不像现在这样那些变化对其他人来说并不明显
Not like now, the things weren’t that noticeable to everyone,
但我自己注意到了
but I could notice.
我记得那次季前赛
I remember that pre-season.
我们对阵亚特兰大猎鹰队
We were fighting the Atlantic Falcons.
我们在跑道的位置
We got up hole.
我拖步跑到右侧
I shuffled over to the right.
刚好在那遇到对方正在持球的进攻队员
I met the ball carrier right in the hole,
但是我的右臂根本举不起来
but my right arm just wouldn’t hang on.
我在场上的表现
My performance on the field.
退步得太多
It slipped so much
所以泰坦队决定他们不再需要我了
that the Titans decided they didn’t need me anymore,
并且让我退出了
and they cut me.
我还没有做好就这样结束的准备
Now, I wasn’t ready to be done,
但我的身体偏偏要和我作对
but my body was also still fighting me.
所以 我花时间试图找出问题所在
So I started trying trying to figure out what was wrong.
退出球队六个月后
Six months after being cut,
我30岁生日刚过一个月
only a month after my 30th birthday,
医生终于告诉我出了什么问题
a doctor finally told me what was wrong.
那天我自己去的医院
I went to the hospital that day by myself.
我知道自己足够坚强可以处理任何事情
I mean, I knew I was strong enough to handle whatever,
但是那天我离开医生的时候
but when I left the doctor that day.
我整个人都惊呆了
I was in shock.
我稳定好情绪 上了自己的车
I held it together until I got my car,
等等 你们想知道医生都说了什么吧
but you guys want to know what the doctor said.
别急 我们会说到那的
Well, we’ll get there.
(笑声)
[laughter]
那天晚上我给家里打电话
I called home that night,
我哥哥和嫂子正和我的父母在一起
and my older brother and his wife were with my parents.
我甚至无法把那几个字说出来
I couldn’t even get the words out.
我无法从口中说出这几个字母
I couldn’t get the letters out of my month.
我今天不会在这里说
I won’t say them here today. [A L S]
因为就像NFL一样
because just like NFL[National Football League]
这三个字母(ASL)并不能说明我是谁
these three letters don’t define who I am.
(掌声)
[applause]
震惊渐渐消退了
But the shock worn off
我却开始逃避 拒绝接受事实
and I really turned it into denial.
我的意思是 这不可能是我
I mean, this couldn’t be me.
这不可能是我的故事
This couldn’t be my story.
我太强壮了
I mean, I’m too strong.
我是超级英雄
I’m a superhero.
我的意思是
I mean
一般人在确诊后 只能活三到五年
the average person lives two to five years after the diagnosis.
不 我永远都会活着
No, I’m gonna live forever.
这不会是我的故事
That’s not gonna be my story.
我不相信
I didn’t believe it,
所以我做了大多数退役运动员所做的事情
so I did what most of retired athletics do.
我去旅行 打了很多高尔夫球
I travelled. I played a lot of golf.
参加了一些代表团旅行
I went on some mission trips.
这张照片是我试图收养一群来自海地的孩子
That’s me trying to adopt a bunch of kids from Haiti.
(笑声)
[laughter]
但没成功
It didn’t work.
我继续过着自己的生活
I do carry on living my life,
但事情变得越来越艰难
but then things got hard.
渐渐地
Slowly but surely,
我的身体开始和我作斗争
my body started to fight me.
我的手开始拿不住东西了
My hands started to drop things.
我的脚开始给我下绊
My feet started to trip.
我开始摔跤了
I started to fall.
这些摔伤最后都以
And those falls wound me up in the hospital
因骨折或要缝针被送进了医院 而告终
for stiches of broken bones.
我摔得最棒的一次
One of my favorite falls though,
实际就是在纳什维尔市中心
it was actually downtown Nashville.
我和四个最好的朋友出去玩
I was out with four of my best friends.
我绊倒了 下巴磕出个大口子
I tripped and I split my chin open.
你能相信那些家伙竟然会让我跌倒吗?
Can you believe those guys let me fall?
我的朋友 哦 等等
My friends, well, hold on,
他们已经不再是我朋友了
they’re not my friends anymore,
(笑声)
[laughing]
但幸运的是我那时有个女朋友她是外科医生
but luckily, I had a girlfriend who was a surgeon,
凌晨一点 在我家厨房 她帮我把下巴缝好了
and she stitched me up in my kitchen at one in the morning.
(笑声)
[laughing]
那件事太有意思了
So, that was fun.
(笑声)
[laughing]
但是一切都变得越来越艰难
But everything was getting harder.
我指的是走路 说话 移动
I mean walking, talking, moving,
吃东西 和呼吸
eating and breathing,
还有拒绝接受事实
and the denial,
这让我陷入了愤怒与悲伤
and it gave way to anger and sadness.
甚至本应用手指就能拿起的最小的东西
And even the smallest thing,
我都要试着移动我的胳膊
I would try to move my arm,
我只能向上帝哀嚎:“为什么啊 上帝?
and just wail “Why God?
为什么是我?”
Why me?!”
慢慢地 我开始接受了
Slowly, I moved to acceptance.
接受并不是屈服
Acceptance is not giving in.
接受是坚信并寄望于美好事物
Acceptance is that constant battle
以及解决逆境中要面对的问题
between believing and hoping for something good
二者之间的不断斗争
and dealing with the reality that’s waiting for you.
在确诊后不久
Pretty soon after my diagnosis,
我意识到自己现在拥有的平台
I realized that the platform I had now
比全国橄榄球联盟要大得多
was way bigger than the NFL.
我指的是 影响他人的能力
I mean, the ability to influence people,
我能涉及到的范围
the reach that I had
以及这一切重要意义
and this significance of it all.
并不是所有人都能与足球运动员有心灵上的沟通
I mean not everyone can relate to a football player,
但是每个人都可以与经历困境的人产生共鸣
but everybody can relate to someone going through something tough.
所以 我有了这个机会
So I had an opportunity.
我必须做出选择
I had to make a choice.
我可以选择屈服于这种疾病
I could give in to this disease
尽可能让自己舒适快乐
and just try to make myself as comfortable and happy as possible.
或者我可以表明
Or I could declare:
这不是关乎我个人的事
This isn’t about me,
我要尽我所能
and I will do everything I can
改变这个世界
to make a difference in the world.
所以我选择了以逆境为契机
So I chose to take my adversity as opportunity.
逆境与机遇随处可见
And adversity and opportunity were everywhere.
纽约洋基队请我给球队讲话
The New York Yankees brought me out to speak to the team.
还有我过去的团队—田纳西泰坦队
My team, the Tennessee Titans,
他们让我担任了一年队长
they made me a captain for a year.
我还获得了去当地和国家政府讲话的机会
I got to speak to local and national government.
我甚至还写了一本书
I even wrote a book.
那本书已售出好几十
And that book has sold tens of
好几十 好几十本
tens of, tens of copies.
(笑声)
[laughter]
现在我要帮助人们筹集资金
I mean, now I got to help people raise money.
真正帮助那些有很多困难的人
I got to really help people with a lot of difficulties.
我知道你们现在在想什么
Now I know what you’re thinking.
我让你们想到了特蕾莎修女
I remind you a lot of Mother Theresa,
(笑声)现在
[laughter] now,
但你们太善良了 谢谢你们
but you’re too kind, thank you.
(笑声)
[laughing]
但我没有时间给你们讲一整天 所有我做的那些无私的事
But I don’t have time to tell you about all the selfishless things I do all day.
但我以前就知道
But I did know
我无法控制发生在自己身上或自己周围的事情
that I can’t control what’s happening to me or around me,
但我可以控制自己的态度与心态
but I can control my attitude and my mindset.
(掌声)
[applause]
过去 我认为自己的强大
See, what I thought was my strength,
是我的身体
my physical body,
是我的橄榄球球运动员的地位
my position as a football player,
但那并不是我的强大
See, that wasn’t my strength.
那只是我力量的一种体现
That’s just an expression of my strength.
我真正的强大力量 源于我的内心和思想
My true strength comes from my heart and from my mind.
生活对我不公
This life isn’t fair,
但没有关系
but that’s okay.
有很多人靠自己的力量
Still, a lot of people living their lives
过着自己的生活
from a position of strength.
但这世上有一个自己 一个仅有的自己
But there’s only me, there’s only one me.
是唯一经历属于我自己的
I’m the only one who has walked my path
从名利走向意义之路的人
from fame to significance.
世上也只有一个你
And there’s only one you
而且你的人生之路 也是独一无二的
and your path is unique also.
请不要通过外部事物
Please don’t count your strength
来衡量你的强大
by external things.
你的强大 取决于你是谁
Your strength is about who you are,
你的欲望 你的梦想
Your desires, your dream,
你的抱负 你的品格
your ambition, your character,
你怎样对待他人
how you treat people.
这才是你真正力量强大之所在
This is where your true strength lies.
没有人可以夺走这种强大力量
And nobody can take that strength from you.
病痛不可以
No disease,
诊断不可以 灾难也不可以
no diagnosis, no disaster,
任何人 任何境况都不可以
no person and no circumstances.
如何将你的强大力量
And how you turn your strength
转化为有意义的重要影响
into significance.
将决定你
That will determine
能否成为像我一样的超级英雄
if you can be a superhero like me.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
(掌声)
[applause]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

美国前职业橄榄球运动员Tim Shaw的故事 体会什么是强大 如何把它变为有意义的影响力 成为像他一样的超级英雄

听录译者

昵伊荙

翻译译者

昵伊荙

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN8-r46Dt5Y

相关推荐