未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

灵活的教室:个性化学习空间

Flexible Classrooms: Making Space for Personalized Learning

在萨米特预科 学生和老师正在制定他们的学习空间
Students and teachers at Summit Prep tailor their learning spaces.
以提供选择性和个性化
to support choice and personalisation.
如果你打算独自学习
If you’re going to work independently to catch up,
你就把桌子转向面对那堵墙
you’ll actually turn the tables toward that wall.
如果你想合作学习 你就到这张桌子来
If you’re going to collaborate, you’re going to be at this table
或是这张桌子
or you’re going to be at this table.
好了 开始吧
All right, go.
通过在一个小的或是有大量学生存在的空间进行分区
>>By differentiating in a space that’s small or where you have a lot
我们能够给学生提供
of students we are able to set students up with the learning situations
最利于他们学习的场所
in which they can learn best.
在萨米特预科 我们有人数众多的学生
>>Penelope Pak McMillen: Here at Summit we serve a wide range of students
因此 你会看到一个教室具有多种功能
and so you’ll see a varying degree of skill within an academic classroom.
提供灵活的空间可以为学生创造
Providing flexible space gives students the opportunity
不同方式学习的机会
to learn in different ways.
这也为老师提供了 针对学生特点 进行恰当地指导他们学习的机会
And it also gives the teacher the opportunity to coach them properly
以便学生到达他们的学习目标
in a personalized manner to reach their learning goals.
如果学生想独自学习
>>Chris Kelly: If you guys want to work independently,
那什么位置以及什么同桌
what is going to be the best place and the best people to be next
是最好的选择呢?
to you to work independently?
需要迷你课堂的学生到这边的桌子来
Those who want the mini-lesson are going to come to this table.
我们提供多种灵活的学习环境
>>We provide a lot of flexibility for learning environments,
依据实体空间以及学生的不同选择
whether it’s flexibility in terms of the physical space, flexibility in terms
来判断环境是否需要灵活性
of the different choices that students have.
你看到这些面对教室后面而坐的学生
You see students seated toward the back of the room.
那些想独自学习的学生
Those students are working independently.
那些坐在桌旁 选择了合作学习的学生
The students who are at the tables have chosen to collaborate,
他们通过合作的方式进行思考并完成部分目标设定
which is something they thought through and made part of their goal-setting.
还有一些学生选择了2选1的迷你课堂教学
And then you have the group of students that chose one of the two mini-lessons
教学在教室的中心区域进行
and that takes place in the center of the classroom.
有更多的分段或是结语会不会更好一些
>>Student: Is it better to have more body paragraphs or conclusion?
有时 学生会写出一个比刚开始
>>Chris Kelly: Sometimes a student will write a better thesis and the conclusion
更好的观点与推论 因为他们有了一个机会
than they do at the opening, because they’ve had a chance–
我们想要合作学习
>>Kayla: We wanted to collaborate, because we’ve been helping each other
因为我们需要互相帮助
on the steps that we had to do.
尤其是因为作业量很大 我们就想着
And especially since they’re so long we kinda thought,
我们一起合作吧
“Oh, let’s just work together.”
并且我认为如果没有做同桌的话 我们可能无法集中注意力
Also, I think if we were to be at other tables we’d probably be more distracted.
就像每一个幻灯片都有不同的目标
>>Kayla: Like, each slide has a different objective.
我认为 这就如同用自己的话来总结每一个幻灯片
>>Taylor: This is, like, summarize each slide in your own words, I guess.
完全正确
>>Kayla: Yeah.
我们在灵活的空间里 可以从彼此身上学到很多东西
>>Taylor: When the classroom’s flexible we can learn a lot more from each other
并且 这加强了学生在学校里的团队合作
and it forms a better bond with the students within the school
同样也包括了教职工
and also the staff members.
在工作时间里 当你走进一间教室时 你可能会看见
>>Penelope Pak McMillen: You may walk by one room and see work time
老师正围着孩子们走动 并对他们进行一对一的辅导
and the teacher floating around and giving one-on-one support to kids.
或许你也可能看到老师站在某个小组的中间
Or you might see the teacher in the middle
就某事给他们上一节快速的迷你课堂
of a small group giving a quick mini-lesson on something,
接着走向其他小组的学生
then moving right on to the next group of students.
你也可以看到孩子们围成圈参与苏格拉底式问题讨论
Or you might see kids in a circle engaging in a Socratic seminar
并对与课堂要求相关的问题进行研讨
and having a dialog about an issue that is tied to their class content.
电子垃圾是怎样循环的
>>Student: How is e-waste to cycle?
首先 你购买了一些产品 接着这些公司继续制作更多产品
>>Student: You buy something and then companies start making more products.
在今天的生物课上 我把他们聚集在教室中间
>>Cady Ching: Today in biology I grouped them together in the middle
来让他们获得
of the classroom so that they could have a space
有益于他们互相讨论的空间
that was conducive to a discussion.
预防电子垃圾过剩是我们的选择还是义务
>>Student: Is e-waste preventing our choice or our duty?
我认为 这是我们的选择 因为 事实上没人要求我们这么做
>>Student: I think it’s our choice, because nobody really tells us to do it.
我同意你的观点
>>Student: I agree with you.
我感觉 现在这是我们的选择
I feel like it’s our choice right now,
可是这应该是我们的义务 让这个世界的环境更安全
but it should be our duty ’cause it’s important
是非常重要的
to make the world a safer place.
而其他学生则在收集
>>Cady Ching: Other students are in the process of gathering information
关于实验设计方案的信息
for the experimental design project.
所以他们在讨论圈外 面向外部
So, they were seen in the outside, facing outwards
以便我能够看到他们的屏幕
so that I could see their screens and help them work
来防止任何可能分散他们注意力的事情发生
through any distractions they might have.
有时候 尤其是对新生来说 集中注意力是一件很困难的事
It’s hard sometimes to stay focused, especially as freshmen.
好了 继续学习 动起来
>>All right, go ahead and move.
如果他们掌握了这种方法 或者他们已经准备好继续上下一堂课时
>>If they’ve mastered that or if they are ready to move on to the next thing,
我们的教室就能支持这种
then our classrooms, you know, support that transition by being able
为下一个课时迅速移动桌椅
to very quickly move desks and chairs into different groupings
形成不同分组的转变
for the next part of the class period.
同学们 安全迅速地移动桌椅
>>You guys move quickly and safely.
允许我利用这种方式
>>Penelope Pak McMillen: It is important to have furniture that allows me
来为学生创造不同类型的学习环境是很重要的
to create different types of learning environments for the students.
因此 我们的桌子都带有轮子
And, so, we have tables that have wheels on them, so it’s easy to transition
使它们能轻松地转变成不同结构
into a different configuration.
这并不会过多的影响学习
It doesn’t disrupt the learning too much.
早上好
>>Aukeem Ballard: Buenos días.
早上好
>>Students: Buenos días.
每个人都可以说说这个引述对你来说意味着什么
>>Aukeem Ballard: Everybody can talk about what this quote means to you
以及你对它的回应
and what your response is to the quote.
你无法一直掌控周围环境
>>Student: You can’t control your circumstances always.
我将把整堂课用来讨论
>>Aukeem Ballard: I will have a whole-class discussion.
这称之为walk-around教学法 我们会绕着整个圆
It’s called walk-around and we’ll go around the entire circle
按照次序轮流回答
and have people share-out that way.
这只是一种能让我们听到更多声音的方式
It just is a way so that we hear more voices
并确认在这个教室里有各种各样的想法
and make sure there’s a diversity of thought in the room.
我们中的一些人是少数族裔
>>Janet: Some of us are minorities and, like,
并且我们经历过某些事情 比如
we have experienced certain things that are–
我认为当我们坐在一个圈里 每个人都能互相看到并知道对方时
>>When we’re sitting in a circle and everyone can look at each other
这能让你学得更好
and be aware of each other I feel like it makes you learn a lot better.
比如 当你面对它时你能更深入地理解它的理论
Like, you grasp concepts more once you see a face.
对于灵活空间来说 真正令人兴奋的
>>Penelope Pak McMillen: What’s really exciting about the flexible space is
是它能让孩子们真正理解他们正在做什么样的学习工作
that it allows kids to really understand what type of learning works for them
并且它让老师们更加有方法地
and it equips the teacher with ways
给予孩子们个人指导
that they can deliver more personalized instruction to the kids.
这个方法更有意义
>>Student: It makes a lot more sense.

>>Cady Ching: Yay!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

灵活的学习空间是否有益于学生的学习?探讨个性化学习空间的优势

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

大图图

审核员

与光同尘

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQkL5efkViw

相关推荐
直觉