未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)

寻找身体与灵魂的快乐

Finding happiness in body and soul | Eve Ensler

一年一次
1000位卓越的演讲者聚集到加利福尼亚的蒙特利
交换着无法计算的价值
他们的想法
直到现在 我们所分享的
What happens there has never been shared
都是以前未曾分享过的
…until now
我们会和你分享新颖的看法
The inspired thinking shared with you by :
让好的观点可以得到传播
Where great ideas live on
我打赌你很担心
I bet you’re worried.
我也担心
I was worried.
那也就是我为什么开始关心阴道
That’s why begin is piece I was worried about vaginas.
我在意的是 我们是怎么理解阴道 更害怕的是我们从没想过这件事
I was worried what we think about vaginas and even more worried that we don’t think about them.
我担心自己的阴道
I was worried about my own vagina.
它需要被赋予一个内涵 文化 整体考虑
It needed a context, a culture, a community of other vaginas.
关于阴道有太多的误解以及未解之谜了
There is so much darkness and secrecy surrounding them.
就像百慕大三角 没有人从那带回来任何消息
Like the Bermuda Triangle, nobody ever reports back from there.
首先 找到自己的阴道并不容易
In the first place, it’s not so easy to even find your vagina.
女性每天 每周 每月 都不带看它的
Women go days, weeks, months, without looking at it.
我采访过一位极其有能力的商业女性
I interviewed a high-powered businesswoman.
她告诉我她没空
She told me she didn’t have time.
她说:“观察一下你的阴道 那要耗费一整天的精力”
“Looking at your vagina,” she said, “is a full day’s work.”
“你得在镜子前面躺下来
“You’ve got to get down there on your back, in front of a mirror,
平躺完全伸展更好
full-length preferred.
你需要以一个完美的姿势 在一个合适的灯光下
You’ve got to get in the perfect position with the perfect light,
在那个角度下 会投射出阴影
which then becomes shadowed by the angle you’re at.
你得扭曲着抬起头 弓着背 这简直太累了”
You’re twisting your head up, arching your back, it’s exhausting.”
她很忙 压根没时间
She was busy; she didn’t have time.
所以我决定要跟女士们讨论下她们的阴道
So I decided to talk to women about their vaginas.
刚开始是 关于阴道的随意访谈
They began as casual vagina interviews,
而这些最终成就了《阴道独白》
and they turned into vagina monologues.
我和200多位女性探讨过
I talked with over 200 women.
她们中有老年人 年轻人
I talked to older women, younger women,
已婚女性 同性恋 单身
married women, lesbians, single women.
有职业女性 大学教授 演员 性工作者
I talked to corporate professionals, college professors, actors, sex workers.
我也和非裔美籍和亚裔美国女性讨论过
I talked to African-American women, Asian-American women,
还有印第安人 高加索 犹太女性
Native-American women, Caucasian women, Jewish women.
好吧 起初 她们有些害羞 不愿意谈论这话题
OK, at first women were a little shy, a little reluctant to talk.
不过打开话匣子后 她们就滔滔不绝
Once they got going, you couldn’t stop them.
女人们喜欢谈论她们的阴道 事实确实如此
Women love to talk about their vaginas, they do.
主要是之前也没人问过她们
Mainly because no one’s ever asked them before.
那现在让我用“阴道”这词开始今天的话题——阴道嗯阴道
Let’s just start with the word “vagina” — vagina, vagina.
听起来最多像一种传染病
It sounds like an infection, at best.
也或许是一种医疗器械
Maybe a medical instrument.
“护士 快点 把阴道拿来”
“Hurry, nurse, bring the vagina!”
阴道 阴道 阴道
Vagina, vagina, vagina.
它和你说多少次这词无关
It doesn’t matter how many times you say the word,
它一点也不像你想说的话
it never sounds like a word you want to say.
这是一个完全可笑 无性的单词
It’s a completely ridiculous, totally un-sexy word.
如果你在床上用这个词 而且想要尽量显得礼貌正式
If you use it during sex, trying to be politically correct,
“亲爱的 你想要触摸我的阴道么”
“Darling, would you stroke my vagina,”
之后 你丈夫可能再也不想跟你继续性交了
you kill the act right there.
我担心我们把它们叫成什么 或者根本不知道那是什么
I’m worried what we call them and don’t call them.
在大劲 纽约 他们叫它Pussycat
In Great Neck, New York, they call it a Pussycat.
一位女性告诉我 她的母亲过去常常跟她说
A woman told me there her mother used to tell her,
“宝贝 睡裤里面不要穿内裤
“Don’t wear panties, dear, underneath your pajamas.
你需要让你的阴道露在外面”
You need to air out your Pussycat.”
韦斯切斯特的人管阴道叫Pooki
In Westchester, they call it a Pooki,
新泽西州人叫twat
in New Jersey, a twat.
还有别的名 比如Powderbox derriere Pooky Poochi Poopi
There’s Powderbox, derriere, a Pooky, a Poochi, a Poopi,
Poopelu Pooninana Padepachetchki Pal Piche
a Poopelu, a Pooninana, a Padepachetchki, a Pal, and a Piche.
更有些五花八门的名字
There’s Toadie, Dee Dee, Nishi, Dignity, Coochi Snorcher, Cooter, Labbe, Gladys Seagelman, VA, Wee wee, Horsespot, Nappy Dugout,
Mongo Ghoulie Powderbox 迈阿密还称它为Mimi
Mongo, Ghoulie, Powderbox, a Mimi in Miami,
费城叫Split Knish
a Split Knish in Philadelphia …
布朗克斯Schmende
and a Schmende in the Bronx.
我担心阴道
I am worried about vaginas.
这也就是《阴道独白》是怎么诞生的
This is how the “Vagina Monologues” begins.
但确切来说 并不是因为这点
But it really didn’t begin there.
事实上 是我和一个女人的对话伊始
It began with a conversation with a woman.
刚开始 我们讨论更年期
We were having a conversation about menopause,
然后聊到了阴道
and we got onto the subject of her vagina,
谈到更年期 不得不谈的就是阴道吧
which you’ll do if you’re talking about menopause.
我真的很震惊 她关于阴道的一些想法
And she said things that really shocked me about her vagina
她说她的阴道几乎干缩了 没有高潮 像要死了一样
that it was dried-up and finished and dead
对于那种说法 我觉得有点不可思议
and I was kind of shocked.
所以有次 我跟一个朋友随意聊了一下
So I said to a friend casually,
“你对你的阴道有什么想法么”
“Well, what do you think about your vagina?”
那个女人说了更让我觉得吃惊的话
And that woman said something more amazing,
之后一个女人又一次使我震惊
and then the next woman said something more amazing,
在我了解之前 每个女人都告诉我
and before I knew it, every woman was telling me
我得和某人谈谈她的阴道
I had to talk to somebody about their vagina
因为她们都有一个令人惊讶的故事
because they had an amazing story,
我就好像陷入了阴道里无法逃脱
and I was sucked down the vagina trail.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
真的 我根本逃脱不了
And I really haven’t gotten off of it.
如果你在我年轻的时候告诉我
I think if you had told me when I was younger
长大的某一天 你我在鞋店相遇
that I was going to grow up, and be in shoe stores,
人们可能会尖叫:“快看 她在那 阴道女士”
and people would scream out, “There she is, the Vagina Lady!”
我不知道 守卫阴道会成为我一生的追求
I don’t know that that would have been my life ambition.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
但是我想先说点开心的事
But I want to talk a little bit about happiness,
以及这故事与这整段探索阴道旅行的关系
and the relationship to this whole vagina journey,
因为 那真是极棒的一次旅行
because it has been an extraordinary journey
8年前
that began eight years ago.
在我创作《阴道独白》之前
I think before I did the “Vagina Monologues,”
我并不相信存在幸福
I didn’t really believe in happiness.
坦白地说 那时我觉得只有傻瓜才会幸福
I thought that only idiots were happy, to be honest.
记得 14年前我开始信佛
I remember when I started practicing Buddhism 14 years ago,
别人告诉我 这会让我开心
and I was told that the end of this practice was to be happy,
我回答到:“活在这个多灾多难的痛苦世界
I said, “How could you be happy and live in this world of suffering
又怎么会开心呢”
and live in this world of pain?”
我把快乐与其他很多事都曾混为一谈
I mistook happiness for a lot of other things,
比如麻木 堕落 自私
like numbness or decadence or selfishness.
这些在《阴道独白》都有所体现
And what happened through the course of the “Vagina Monologues”
我相信 这次旅行让我开始
and this journey is, I think I have come to understand
有一点明白快乐是什么
a little bit more about happiness.
今天我想讲3点品质
There are three qualities I want to talk about.
第一点 放在你面前 观察它
One is seeing what’s right in front of you,
谈论它 讲述它
and talking about it, and stating it.
我从谈话中 知道了很多关于阴道的事
I think what I learned from talking about the vagina
说起阴道 它真是最明显不过的了
and speaking about the vagina, is it was the most obvious thing
它就在我们身体的中心 就像位于世界的中心一样
it was right in the center of my body and the center of the world
然而却没有人谈论它
and yet it was the one thing nobody talked about.
第二件事我想说的就是阴道的用处
The second thing is that what talking about the vagina did
它帮我们打开了一扇大门 让我们可以看到
is it opened this door which allowed me to see
还有一种方法可以让这个世界变得更好
that there was a way to serve the world to make it better.
给我们带来最幸福的感觉
And that’s where the deepest happiness has actually come from.
关于幸福的第三个原则 我是最近才领悟到的
And the third principle of happiness, which I’ve realized recently:
八年前 这股能量巨大的“V浪潮”开始席卷世界
Eight years ago, this momentum and this energy, this “V-wave” started
我只能把它形容为“V浪潮”是因为 坦白地说
and I can only describe it as a “V-wave” because, to be honest,
我不太理解它 感觉好像是它在支配我
I really don’t understand it completely; I feel at the service of it.
但这股浪潮真的兴起了 如果我心存怀疑
But this wave started, and if I question the wave,
或者试着制止这浪潮 或回看它
or try to stop the wave or look back at the wave,
我总会感到这股浪潮在时刻鞭打着我
I often have the experience of whiplash
或是快要掐断我的脖子
or the potential of my neck breaking.
但是如果我顺从这浪潮
But if I go with the wave,
我信任它 我跟随它
and I trust the wave and I move with the wave,
到下一个地方 我会发现其实它是有思想的 有组织的 而且令人信服
I go to the next place, and it happens logically and organically and truthfully.
我开始写故事叙述这段
And I started this piece, particularly with stories and narratives,
我跟一个女人聊完 她又带我见另一个
and I was talking to one woman and that led to another woman
就这样一个接一个
and that led to another woman.
我把这些故事记录下来
And then I wrote those stories down,
展示在世人的面前
and I put them out in front of other people.
每次开始的时候 我都会进行一个表演
And every single time I did the show at the beginning,
演出结束之后 女人们都会排队站好
women would literally line up after the show,
因为她们想跟我分享她们的故事
because they wanted to tell me their stories.
起初我想:“喔 太棒了 我可以听到更多关于奇妙的性高潮的故事了
And at first I thought, “Oh great, I’ll hear about wonderful orgasms,
非常棒的性生活 女性有多爱她们的阴道”
and great sex lives, and how women love their vaginas.”
但事实上 那并不是女人们排队想告诉我的
But in fact, that’s not what women lined up to tell me.
她们排着队 是等着告诉我 她们怎样被强奸
What women lined up to tell me was how they were raped,
如何被虐待 被毒打的
and how they were battered, and how they were beaten,
如何在停车场被轮奸
and how they were gang-raped in parking lots,
如何被叔叔舅舅侵犯
and how they were incested by their uncles.
那时我几乎想停止《阴道独白》的公演
And I wanted to stop doing the “Vagina Monologues,”
因为太令人气馁了
because it felt too daunting.
我就像一个战争摄影师正拍下这糟糕的场面
I felt like a war photographer who takes pictures of terrible events,
但却无能为力
but doesn’t intervene on their behalf.
1997年 我说:“让女人们聚集到一起
And so in 1997, I said, “Let’s get women together.
我们可以做点什么
What could we do with this information
来帮助这些被侵犯的女性”
that all these women are being violated?”
思考和调查后 我们有了结论
And it turned out, after thinking and investigating,
联合国最近也得出了相似的结论
that I discovered and the UN has actually said this recently
世界上三分之一的女性
that one out of every three women on this planet
一生中都会挨打 被强暴
will be beaten or raped in her lifetime.
而她们的性别是非常重要的
That’s essentially a gender;
女性是这个星球不可或缺的组成部分
that’s essentially the resource of the planet, which is women.
所以1997年 我们把这些了不起的女性聚集在一起
So in 1997 we got all these incredible women together and we said,
我们讨论:“我们怎样利用表演 用这种力量来阻止对女性的暴力呢”
“How can we use the play, this energy, to stop violence against women?”
我们在纽约剧院进行了一次公演
And we put on one event in New York City, in the theater,
所有的演员从苏珊·萨兰登
and all these great actors came from Susan Sarandon,
到格林·克勒斯 再到伍期犹太店老板
to Glenn Close, to Whoopi Goldberg
有一个晚上 我们做了一次表演
and we did one performance on one evening,
那次表演推动了浪潮 激发了能量
and that catalyzed this wave, this energy.
五年内 不可思议的事情发生了
And within five years, this extraordinary thing began to happen.
一个女人凭借这鼓舞 她说:“我想要传播这浪潮
One woman took that energy and she said, “I want to bring this wave,
这能量 到大学校园里”
this energy, to college campuses,”
因此她参加了表演说:
and so she took the play and she said,
“让我们每年举办一次表演
“Let’s use the play and have performances once a year,
用这种方法筹钱 阻止世界各地
where we can raise money to stop violence against women
女性遭受暴力的事情发生”
in local communities all around the world.”
一年里 我们有50位同事 之后人数又扩大
And in one year, it went to 50 colleges, and then it expanded.
过去的六年里
And over the course of the last six years,
它传播到世界各地
it’s spread and it’s spread and it’s spread around the world.
我从中学习到了两件事:
What I have learned is two things:
第一 女性遭受暴力行为是如此普遍 太令人震惊了 而且是全球性的
one, that the epidemic of violence towards women is shocking; it’s global;
它非常严重和具有破坏性
it is so profound and it is so devastating,
无孔不入
and it is so in every little pocket of every little crater,
我们甚至都没意识到这问题
of every little society that we don’t even recognize it,
因为太普遍了
because it’s become ordinary.
这趟旅行中 我去了阿富汗
This journey has taken me to Afghanistan,
在那我享有盛名和特权
where I had the extraordinary honor and privilege
我可以进入到阿富汗的塔利班
to go into parts of Afghanistan under the Taliban.
我穿上布卡 加入到一个特别的小组
I was dressed in a burqa and I went in with an extraordinary group,
叫阿富汗女性革命团体
called the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan.
在那里我亲眼见证女性是怎样被剥夺了
And I saw firsthand how women had been stripped
每一项人身权利
of every single right that was possible to strip women of
从教育到就业
from being educated, to being employed,
到吃冰淇淋
to being actually allowed to eat ice cream.
你不知道那些
For those of you who don’t know,
在塔利班 吃冰激凌是违法的
it was illegal to eat ice cream under the Taliban.
我看见许多女人 因为偷吃香草冰淇凌
And I actually saw and met women who had been flogged
被抓 被鞭打
for being caught eating vanilla ice cream.
我还被带到了小镇上的一个秘密的吃冰淇淋的地方
I was taken to the secret ice cream-eating place in a little town,
走进里屋 女人们围坐在那里
where we went to a back room, and women were seated
周围拉上帘幕 有人给她们递上香草冰淇淋
and a curtain was pulled around us, and they were served vanilla ice cream.
女人们掀开面纱 开始享用
And women lifted their burqas and ate this ice cream.
曾经我并不理解那种快乐 直到那一刻
And I don’t think I ever understood pleasure until that moment,
那些女性是如何寻找一种方法来让自己愉快的活着
and how women have found a way to keep their pleasure alive.
之后我又去了伊斯兰堡
It has taken me, this journey, to Islamabad,
我目睹了女性们的容貌被毁
where I have witnessed and met women with their faces melted off.
我的旅程延续到了墨西哥的华瑞兹 一周前
It has taken me to Juarez, Mexico, where I was a week ago,
我在那里的停车场亲眼看见
where I have literally been there in parking lots,
女人们的骸骨已经洗净
where bones of women have washed up
被丢弃 旁边还有可口可乐的瓶子
and been dumped next to Coca-Cola bottles.
我走遍这个国家所有的大学
It has taken me to universities all over this country,
女孩被强暴 注射毒品
where girls are date-raped and drugged.
我还目睹了极度残酷的暴力行为
I have seen terrible, terrible, terrible violence.
但在目击暴力的过程中 我意识到
But I have also recognized, in the course of seeing that violence,
我们面对的暴力 实际上就发生在我们眼前
that being in the face of things and seeing actually what’s in front of us
那种暴力是我们对压抑的一种发泄
is the antidote to depression,
那是一种感觉 一个人觉得没有价值 没有意义
and to a feeling that one is worthless and has no value.
在创作《阴道独白》之前
Because before the “Vagina Monologues,”
对于现实中发生的惨剧
I will say that 80 percent of my consciousness was closed off
我必须承认80%我的良知都不为所动
to what was really going on in this reality,
那让我失去了我生活的活力和精力
and that closing-off closed off my vitality and my life energy.
这些旅行中还发生了一些事
What has also happened is in the course of these travels
最不可思议的一件事是
and it’s been an extraordinary thing
世界上 我去的每一个地方
is that every single place that I have gone to in the world,
在那我都认识了一些新物种
I have met a new species.
我真的爱死听到他们来自大海底部的声音
And I really love hearing about all these species at the bottom of the sea.
我曾经在想如何和这些非凡的人打交道
And I was thinking about how being with these extraordinary people
在这个特别的群体里
on this particular panel,
这些形形色色的人们
that it’s beneath, beyond and between,
有着各种各样的阴道故事
and the vagina kind of fits into all those categories.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
但是有一件事
But one of the things I’ve seen is this species
她们像是新的物种 新的典范
and it is a species, and it is a new paradigm,
在新闻或媒体上从没出现过
and it doesn’t get reported in the press or in the media
因为我认为好消息从来不是以新闻的方式出现的
because I don’t think good news ever is news,
我想 那些改变星球的人
and I don’t think people who are transforming the planet
也并不是出现在电视节目上
are what gets the ratings on TV shows.
过去的6年 我走过的国家
But every single country I have been to
将近有45个
in the last six years, I’ve been to about 45 countries,
许多小的村庄 城市和城镇
and many tiny little villages and cities and towns
我见过一些可以称之为“阴道卫士”的人
I have seen something what I’ve come to call “vagina warriors.”
“阴道卫士”通常是女性 或者同情女性遭遇的男性
A “vagina warrior” is a woman, or a vagina-friendly man,
他们目睹了惨无人道的暴力 或曾经遭受过这样的经历
who has witnessed incredible violence or suffered it,
这种暴力威胁并不是AK-47或是大规模杀伤武器
and rather than getting an AK-47 or a weapon of mass destruction
或是一把弯刀带来的伤害
or a machete,
而是用暴力伤害我们的身体
they hold the violence in their bodies;
她们受过伤 经历过 然后走出了伤痛
they grieve it; they experience it; and then they go out
用尽她们的一生确保不会有其他人再受到伤害
and devote their lives to making sure it doesn’t happen to anybody else.
这样经历的女人我随处可见
I have met these women everywhere on the planet,
我想讲几个故事
and I want to tell a few stories,
因为我相信透过这些故事 可以传达出一些信息
because I believe that stories are the way that we transmit information,
了解我们身体的讯息
where it goes into our bodies.
我觉得有件事很有趣可以分享在TED上
And I think that one of the things about being at TED that’s been very interesting
我其实住在我自己的身体里
is that I live in my body a lot,
不再住在我的大脑里
and I don’t live in my head very much anymore.
这是一个非常让人陶醉的地方
And this is a very heady place.
过去的两天里 住在大脑里
And it’s been really interesting to be in my head
真的很有意思 这让我自己都迷惑了
for the last two days; I’ve been very disoriented
因为我认为阴道世界应该是在你的身体里
because I think the world, the V-world, is very much in your body.
这是个用身体感知的世界 我们这个物种其实是存在于身体中
It’s a body world, and the species really exists in the body.
将我们的身体依附于我们的头 是件意义非凡的事
And I think there’s a real significance in us attaching our bodies to our heads,
那种分离创造了一种分界线
that’s separation has created a divide
就像将我们的意志从意图中分离出来一样
that is often separating purpose from intent.
而这种身体和头之间的连接 让一切成为一个整体
And the connection between body and head often brings those things into union.
我想和你们分享我遇到的三个特殊的人
I want to talk about three particular people that I’ve met,
3个阴道卫士 她们改变了我对整个本质和物种的理解
vagina warriors, who really transformed my understanding of this whole principle and species,
其中一个女人叫玛莎·洛佩斯
and one is a woman named Marsha Lopez.
我们在危地马拉相遇
Marsha Lopez was a woman I met in Guatemala.
那时她14岁 已婚
She was 14 years old, and she was in a marriage
他的丈夫经常打她
and her husband was beating her on a regular basis.
而她却不能逃离
And she couldn’t get out,
因为她深陷于这段关系
because she was addicted to the relationship,
并且身无分文
and she had no money.
她有一个妹妹 她说
Her sister was younger than her, and she applied
几年前在纽约参加了“停止强奸”辩论赛
we had a “Stop Rape” contest a few years ago in New York
并且希望自己可以入围决赛
and she applied, hoping that she would become a finalist
这样她就能把她的姐姐带到纽约来
and she could bring her sister.
她确实做到了 然后把玛莎接到了纽约
She did become a finalist; she brought Marsha to New York.
那时 我们在麦迪逊广场花园开办了V日
And at that time, we did this extraordinary V-Day at Madison Square Garden,
我们的票被女性朋友们抢售一空
where we sold out the entire testosterone-filled dome
18000人站出来说保护阴道
18,000 people standing up to say “Yes” to vaginas,
这种思想的转变真是太不可思议了
which was really a pretty incredible transformation.
玛莎来了 她见证了
And she came, and she witnessed this,
她决定回去 并离开她的丈夫
and she decided that she would go back and leave her husband,
她要将V日传播到危地马拉
and that she would bring V-Day to Guatemala.
那年她21岁
She was 21 years old.
我去危地马拉的时候 她在当地的国家剧院有演出
I went to Guatemala and she had sold out the National Theater of Guatemala.
我看着她穿着红色短裙和高跟鞋走上舞台
And I watched her walk up on stagein her red short dress and high heels,
她站在那说:“我叫玛莎
and she stood there and said, “My name is Marsha.
我被丈夫家暴有5年了
I was beaten by my husband for five years.
他快要把我杀了
He almost murdered me.
所以 我离开了 你 也能做到”
I left and you can, too.”
整个2000人听后 反应都极其强烈
And the entire 2,000 people went absolutely crazy.
第二个女人叫以斯帖·莎薇姿 我们在墨西哥华瑞兹市相遇
There’s a woman named Esther Chávez who I met in Juarez, Mexico.
她在墨西哥是杰出的会计
And Esther Chávez was a brilliant accountant in Mexico City.
72岁 并且打算退休
She was 72 years old and she was planning to retire.
她去华瑞兹市照顾她生病的阿姨
She went to Juarez to take care of an ailing aunt,
路上 她开始注意到
and in the course of it, she began to discover what was happening
华瑞兹市的女性被谋杀 失踪
to the murdered and disappeared women of Juarez.
她放弃了她的生活 搬到华瑞兹市
She gave up her life; she moved to Juarez.
开始写下关于那些失踪女性的故事
She started to write the stories which documented the disappeared women.
300位女性已经在边界的小城失踪 因为她们皮肤黝黑而且贫穷
300 women have disappeared in a border town because they’re brown and poor.
没有人对她们的失踪做出回应
There has been no response to the disappearance,
没有一个人能做出解释
and not one person has been held accountable.
因此她开始记录它
She began to document it.
她创办了一个卡萨女性朋友活动中心 6年里
She opened a center called Casa Amiga, and in six years,
她将这个传遍世界
she has literally brought this to the consciousness of the world.
我们一周前去了那
We were there a week ago,
街上有7000人 真是个奇迹
when there were 7,000 people in the street, and it was truly a miracle.
穿过那条街
And as we walked through the streets,
华瑞兹市的市民甚至平时都没来过这些街道
the people of Juarez, who normally don’t even come into the streets,
因为街上很危险
because the streets are so dangerous,
人们伫立在街上 喜极而泣
literally stood there and wept,
看着来自世界各地的其他人
to see that other people from the world had showed up
奔向这特别的社区
for that particular community.
有一个女人叫艾格尼斯
There’s another woman, named Agnes.
对我来说 她就是保卫女性阴道的战士
And Agnes, for me, epitomizes what a vagina warrior is.
三年前 我在肯尼亚遇见了她
I met her three years ago in Kenya.
她还是个孩子的时候 就接受了割礼
And Agnes was mutilated as a little girl.
没有人遵循她的意愿 就进行了割礼 那年她10岁
She was circumcised against her will when she was 10 years old,
之后她做了个决定
and she really made a decision
不想这种仪式在当地继续延续下去
that she didn’t want this practice to continue anymore in her community.
长大后 她做了一件难以置信的事:
So when she got older, she created this incredible thing:
这只是一个女性一半的身体解剖雕刻
it’s an anatomical sculpture of a woman’s body, half a woman’s body.
当她穿过裂谷后
And she walked through the Rift Valley,
她装上了假阴道
and she had vagina and vagina replacement parts,
在这里她可以教父母 男孩 和女孩
where she would teach girls and parents and boys and girls
什么是健康的阴道 把阴道切除会变成什么样
what a healthy vagina looks like, and what a mutilated vagina looks like.
在她旅游的过程中
And in the course of her travel,
她用了8年时间穿过了大裂谷
she walked literally for eight years through the Rift Valley,
漫天的风沙 以及沉睡的大地
through dust, through sleeping on the ground,
因为马赛族是游牧民族
because the Maasai are nomads,
她本想找到他们 他们却也一直在移动
and she would have to find them, and they would move,
她会再次找到他们的
and she would find them again,
她让1500个女孩免受切割礼
she saved 1,500 girls from being cut.
那时 她创造出了一个替代仪式
And in that time, she created an alternative ritual,
女孩到年龄之后可以不用割礼
which involved girls coming of age without the cut.
3年前我们遇到她的时候
When we met her three years ago,
我们问她:“V日能为你做些什么吗”
we said, “What could V-Day do for you?”
她说:“嗯 如果你给我辆吉普车 我的行动可能更快”
And she said, “Well, if you got me a jeep, I could get around a lot faster.”
所以我们给她买了辆吉普
So we bought her a jeep.
果然拥有吉普的那年 4500个女孩逃离了割礼
And in the year that she had the jeep, she saved 4,500 girls from being cut.
因此我们跟她说:“我们还可以为你做些什么”
So we said to her, “What else could we do for you?”
她回答道:“如果你们能给我些钱
She said, “Well, Eve, if you gave me some money,
我可以建造一个房子 女孩们可以逃离割礼的魔爪
I could open a house and girls could run away,
她们可以得到挽救”
and they could be saved.”
在这里我想插一个小故事 关于我自己最初的生活
And I want to tell this little story about my own beginnings,
因为这故事和快乐还有艾格尼丝毫不沾边
because it’s very interrelated to happiness and Agnes.
我还是个小女孩的时候 生长在一个富人居住的社区
When I was a little girl, I grew up in a wealthy community;
那里都是白人中上等阶层
it was an upper-middle class white community,
这个社区拥有一切
and it had all the trappings and the looks
这里的生活看起来几乎完美
of a perfectly nice, wonderful, great life.
生活在这样的地方 每个人都应该很开心吧
And everyone was supposed to be happy in that community,
而事实上 我的生活简直就是地狱
and, in fact, my life was hell.
我和我酗酒的父亲生活在一起
I lived with an alcoholic father
他总是打我 骚扰我 这就是看似美好下的真实生活
who beat me and molested me, and it was all inside that.
小时候我总会幻想有人会来到我的身边拯救我
And always as a child I had this fantasy that somebody would come and rescue me.
我自己就捏造了一个人物 他的名字叫做鳄鱼先生
And I actually made up a little character whose name was Mr. Alligator.
遇到极坏的事情时候 我就会假装给他打电话
I would call him up when things got really bad,
对它说 鳄鱼先生你该出现把我带走了
and say it was time to come and pick me up.
然后我就会去打个小包等着鳄鱼先生来
And I would pack a little bag and wait for Mr. Alligator to come.
不过鳄鱼先生从未真的出现过
Now, Mr. Alligator never did come,
但是幻想出鳄鱼先生的想法 却挽救了我的精神状态
but the idea of Mr. Alligator coming actually saved my sanity
让我可以继续生活下去
and made it OK for me to keep going,
因为我相信 在远处
because I believed, in the distance,
有人正在即将拯救我的路上
there would be someone coming to rescue me.
就这样奇怪的过了大约40年之后
Cut to 40-some odd years later,
我们去了肯尼亚 走在路上的时候
we go to Kenya, and we’re walking,
我们来到了一座开着门的房子
we arrive at the opening of this house.
艾格尼丝几天里并没有让我来这个房子
And Agnes hadn’t let me come to the house for days,
因为他们正在准备这个仪式
because they were preparing this whole ritual.
我想给你们讲一个很棒的故事
I want to tell you a great story.
艾格尼丝第一次开始为
When Agnes first started fighting
阻止部落里女性生殖器割除抗争的时候
to stop female genital mutilationin her community,
她被驱逐出境 被流放 被诽谤
she had become an outcast, and she was exiled and slandered,
整个部落都反对她
and the whole community turned against her.
但是作为一个守护阴道的战士 她一直坚持着
But being a vagina warrior, she kept going,
一直在为转变人们的意识努力着
and she kept committing herself to transforming consciousness.
在马萨伊族
And in the Maasai community,
山羊和奶牛是最值钱的财产
goats and cows are the most valued possession.
他们的价值就相当于大裂谷的奔驰车
They’re like the Mercedes-Benz of the Rift Valley.
她说房屋对外开放的两天前
And she said two days before the house opened,
有两个不同的人到这 每个人给了她一只山羊
two different people arrived to give her a goat each,
然后她跟我说:“那时 我就知道 有一天非洲会结束女性生殖器割除这种行径”
and she said to me, “I knew then that female genital mutilation would end one day in Africa.”
不管怎么说 我们来了 我们到的时候
Anyway, we arrived, and when we arrived,
成百上千的女孩穿着红色的手工裙
there were hundreds of girls dressed in red homemade dresses,
欢迎我们 红色是马萨伊族的代表色 也是V日的代表色
which is the color of the Maasai and the color of V-Day — and they greeted us.
她们正在唱的歌 是自己写的
They had made up these songs that they were singing,
都是关于遭受的痛苦以及对结束割除礼的希冀
about the end of suffering and the end of mutilation,
她们走下这条小路
and they walked down this path.
那是非洲一个美妙的周六
It was a gorgeous day in the African Saturday,
灰尘在飞舞 女孩们在起舞
and the dust was flying and the girls were dancing
它说:“V日是女孩们的庇护所”
and it said, “V-Day Safe House for the Girls.”
这让我霎时间想起
And it hit me in that moment
虽然经历了47年 不过鳄鱼先生最后还是出现了
that it had taken 47 years, but that Mr. Alligator had finally shown up.
他显然用一种形式向我展示了
And he had shown up, obviously in the form that
我需要花更多的时间理解 当我们
it took me a long time to understand which is that when we
屈服于这个世界的时候 哪个是我们最想要的
give in the world what we want the most,
我们治愈了我们每个人内心破碎的部分
We heal the broken part inside each of us.
我觉得过去的8年里
And I feel, in the last eight years
这趟旅行 这次不可思议的阴道旅行
this journey, this miraculous vagina journey
教会我一个简单的道理
has taught me this really simple thing,
快乐来源于行动
which is that happiness exists in action.
它存在于讲述的事实中 以及你所叙述的真理中
It exists in telling the truth and saying what your truth is
不过想要得到快乐 你也要放弃你最想要的
and it exists in giving away what you want the most.
关于阴道知识的宣传以及这段旅行 会是一段难以忘怀的记忆
And I feel that knowledge and that journey has been an extraordinary privilege.
我今天真的感觉很荣幸 可以和在座的各位分享这些
And I feel really blessed to have been here today to communicate that to you.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
好的想法没有受到珍视怎么办?
What if great ideas weren’t cherished?
如果它们被强调没有重要性
What if they’re carried no impotance
或没有实现价值怎么办?
or held no value?
有一个地方 独特的见解会被保护
There is a place where are distictive visions is protected
新颖的设计理念会被采用
where inspired design ideas live on
那就是宝马公司
to become ultimated driving machines.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

女性应该关注自己的阴道,并为自己的权利抗争

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

喋喋

审核员

A

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQvMQEB0j_A

相关推荐