ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

怎样找到梦寐以求的工作 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

怎样找到梦寐以求的工作

Find your dream job without ever looking at your resume | Laura Berman Fortgang | TEDxBocaRaton

Everybody knows somebody who hates their job.
人人都认识几个讨厌自己工作的人
Maybe that somebody is even you.
说不定讨厌自己工作的人就是你
In fact, half of the people in the United States who work
事实上 如果有机会的话
would do something else for a living if given the chance.
有一半美国人会选择其他工作谋生
That’s an epidemic.
这已经成了一种社会病
Hey look, I know, it’s hard to change,
看 我知道改变很难
it’s easier to stick with the devil you know.
干自己熟悉的烦心事反而更容易些
Walking away from a paycheck and benefits
放弃薪水和福利
-that doesn’t fit conventional wisdom
而去做一些更有意义的事
and doing something more meaningful –
这种选择与传统观念不符
I mean, you know, who wants to make less money?
我是说 谁会和钱过不去呢?
But when I think about this subject,
但当我思考这件事时
I think of my grandfather,
我想到了我的爷爷
my immigrant grandfather who left Poland,
我爷爷作为波兰移民
alone, on a boat, at 17 years old, to go to New York City.
17岁时独自乘船来到纽约
I wonder what he would think about us
我很好奇 他会怎么看待
talking about being happy at work.
我们所讨论的关于快乐工作的话题
“Happy?” he would say.
“快乐?”他会说
“Happy at work?
“快乐地工作?”
Put food on the table, that’s ‘happy.’
“餐桌上有吃的 这就叫‘快乐’
What are you talking about, happy?”
这有什么好讨论的?快乐?”
My dad, first generation American,
我父亲 第一代土生土长的美国人
he was the first to go to college,
他是我们家第一个读大学的人
the first to have a “good corporate job,”
第一个“体面的公司职员”
his was the 1960s’ version of being happy at work.
他是1960年代版的快乐打工人
But he really wasn’t.
但他其实并不快乐
Today, the research shows
如今的研究表明
that to be happy at work, people want to be engaged.
为了快乐地工作 人们想要有归属感
They want to have mastery over their subject matter.
面对工作 他们希望有掌控权
They do want to know that
他们确实很想知道
what they do matters more than the paycheck they get.
他们做的事比仅仅领份薪水更重要
So, if we know that,
那么 如果我们明白这个道理
why is it that 50% of us
那为何还有一半的美国人
can’t figure out what we want to do with our life?
不知道这辈子要做什么?
I think it’s because when we are in doubt,
我想那是因为 当我们陷入怀疑
we look to our resume, we look to our credentials,
我们会去检视自己的简历和证书
what we’re qualified to do.
检视我们能胜任什么工作
What we’re qualified to do
而我们能胜任的工作
is not necessarily what we’re meant to do.
并不一定就是我们想做的事
It isn’t necessarily what’s going to bring us satisfaction.
它不一定能给我们带来满足感
Think of an egg, if you will.
如果可以 请想像一个鸡蛋
From a little hummingbird egg to an ostrich egg,
小到蜂鸟蛋 大到鸵鸟蛋
all of them are roundish shell.
它们全都有圆圆的蛋壳
For people, that shell are our credentials,
对于人们来说 那层蛋壳好比我们的证书
our track record, our accomplishments, and our resume.
工作记录 成就和履历
A lot of us get attached to that shell,
我们中的很多人被那层蛋壳所束缚
it becomes our identity,
它变成我们的身份
and that’s what makes it hard to change.
使我们很难再改变
But to get to the good stuff, you have to crack the egg open.
但要想得到好东西 你必须得打破蛋壳
Because inside is the yolk, the golden center.
因为里面的蛋黄才最黄金的部分
That’s where the DNA is.
它是我们的DNA之所在
That’s what determines how each egg is unique.
它才是使每个鸡蛋独特的东西
For people,
对人们来说
I call that yolk their “life blueprint.”
我称那种蛋黄为他们的“人生蓝图”
So everything that can be taken away is the shell.
所以 凡可被拿走的东西都只是蛋壳
The status, your identity, what people think of you, the perks, the salary.
地位 身份 人们对你的评价 津贴 薪水
But what can’t be taken away is the yolk.
但无法被拿走的是蛋黄
That’s where the discovery of career satisfaction can happen.
是那个可以产生职业满足感的地方
Maybe it’s more important to understand that
也许更重要的是要了解
career satisfaction doesn’t come from what you do.
职业满足感并非来自你的工作本身
It comes from who you get to be while you’re doing that job.
而来自于 你在工作时会变成什么样的人
Who your job allows you to be,
你的工作会使你成为什么样子
that’s where the happiness comes from.
那才是快乐的来源
So, the shell is what you do.
因此 蛋壳就是你的工作
But the yolk is who; who you get to be.
而蛋黄是人 是你要成为的那个人
When I was in my 20s,
20多岁的时候
I wanted nothing more than to be a Broadway star.
我只想成为百老汇的明星
Well, I did reasonably well;
我做得还不错
I got my union card, I worked in reputable theaters,
我加入了演员工会 在著名的剧院工作
and I gave myself five years to make it,
我计划用五年的时间去实现它
and at year eight, I was still waiting on tables.
但到了第八年 我还在跑龙套
So, I grew despondent, I really did.
所以 我变得失望 非常失望
I was almost suicidal over the fact that I thought
我觉得 连唯一想做的事我都做不到
that I failed at the only thing I ever wanted.
这让我差点自杀
Why haven’t this dream come true for me?
为什么我实现不了这个梦想?
I’d worked so hard, I invested so much.
我都那么努力了 我付出了那么多
10 years after I left show business,
在离开演艺界10年后
I had an epiphany about this.
我产生了顿悟
I remembered a scholarship that I was up for,
我记得我当时正在争取一笔
for an acting program
关于一个表演项目的奖学金
where they asked me:
当时他们问我:
“What would be possible
“如果你是一名成功的演员
if you were successful as a performer?”
可能会发生什么事情?”
The answer came to me in a flash.
突然间灵光乍现 我有了答案
But I knew it was like the right answer,
而我知道这就是正确答案
the Miss America pageant answer,
那种美国小姐冠军般完美的答案
the eldest child answer,
长子般无懈可击的答案
the “I’m going to get the scholarship” answer.
那种“奖学金就要归我了!”的答案
So I went up to the mike and I said,
因此 我走到麦克风前说
“Well, if I were successful as a performer,
“好吧 如果我是一名成功的演员
people would see me on stage and be moved
人们会被我在舞台上的表演感动
to change something in their life.”
从而去改变他们人生中的某些事情”
That answer got me the scholarship.
这个答案使我获得了奖学金
But it wasn’t until ten years later
但直到十年后
when I realized what I really had said;
我才意识到我真正说了什么
the performer was the shell
演员这份工作只是蛋壳
Causing change from the stage, that was the yolk.
在舞台表演中引发人们变化的是那个蛋黄
That was me.
也就是我
So I hadn’t failed at my dream after all;
因此 我的梦想并未破灭
I just suffered from a misinterpretation of my dream.
我痛苦的原因在于误解了自己的梦想
I needed to allow the dream to change form.
我需要让梦想换一种形式
I think that’s what’s wrong for a lot of us
我认为我们很多人都犯了这样的错误
when we can’t figure it out.
当我们的梦想无法实现时
No one’s taught us to pull the dream apart
没有人教我们将梦想分解开来
and understand the true significance of it.
并去理解梦想的真正意义
We’re told we could be anything
别人告诉我们 长大后我们可以变成
we want to be when we grow up.
任何我们想要变成的样子
But when we go to pick that college major,
但是 当我们选择大学专业时
the question changes from, “What do you want to be when you grow up?”
问题却从“长大后你想成为什么样的人”
to, “How are you going to make a living with that?”
变成了“你打算如何靠这个专业谋生”
We haven’t been taught what are dreams and imaginations
没有人教我们 梦想和想象力
really mean to our career trajectory.
对我们的职业生涯真正意味着什么
John was someone who heard me speak about this concept
约翰是一位听众 曾听过我阐述这个观点
and he was very skeptical.
他非常怀疑
He said, “Laura, I’ve accomplished everything I set out to do.
他说 “劳拉 我已经实现了我所有的规划
I’ve had every dream for my career come true.
我职业生涯中的每一个梦想都实现了
So this cannot possibly hold any weight.”
所以 你的观点没什么用”
But at the time we met,
但我们见面的时候
he wasn’t sure what he wanted to do next.
他对接下来要干什么有些迷茫
He was struggling with that.
他当时正为此苦恼
I want to tell you a little secret:
我想告诉你们一个小秘密:
I don’t believe anyone who tells me
若有人告诉我不知道自己想做什么
they don’t know what they want to do.
我是不会相信的
I believe they do know;
我相信 其实他们知道
they’re just too afraid to speak it
他们只是害怕到不敢说出来
because then they have to do something about it.
不然他们就必须得为它做点什么
Anyway, back to John.
不管怎样 说回约翰
Since he challenged me,
既然他质疑了我
I said, “Okay, John.
我说:“好吧 约翰
what are all your career dreams that you had come true?”
你实现的全部职业梦想都是什么?”
He said, “When I was a kid, I wanted to be a magician.
他说:“小时候 我想当魔术师
As a young adult, I wanted to be an architect,
年轻时 我想成为一名建筑师
then I wanted to change and
后来 我想要改变
be in advertising and marketing
我想从事广告和市场营销
and be responsible for huge billboards in New York City.”
并负责纽约市的大型广告牌”
He goes, “And now I want to do something with my love for the outdoors,
他说 “现在 我想在我热爱的户外运动方面做些事
I don’t know, maybe an adventure travel guide or something.”
我也不知道 也许会是探险旅行指南之类的”
But he couldn’t reconcile how that fit with the rest of his life.
但他当时不知该如何将这个想法与生活相调和
But I could see it.
而我从中看明白了
So, this is where I need your help.
现在 我需要你们的帮助
If you go – if you go out and you see a wonderful magic trick,
如果你外出时看到了一个奇妙的魔术
one that blows your mind, what’s your reaction?
一个令人震惊的魔术 你会有什么反应?
Show me on your face what your reaction is.
让我看看你的表情会是什么样的?
Wow!
哇!
Wow!
哇!
So, if you go to a city that you’ve never been to
如果你去一个从未去过的城市
and you’re looking up at the architecture,
然后抬头看着那里的建筑
what does your face look like?
你的表情会是什么样的?
Alright, now if you’ve been to New York
好 如果你曾经去过纽约
and ever seen a billboard so large
还看到了一个广告牌 它是如此之大
that a woman’s navel is the size of a cruise ship,
以至于上面那女人的肚脐大如一艘游轮
what does your face look like?
你的表情会是什么样的?
Wow.

So, you see.
你瞧
Everything that John did evoked a universal human response.
约翰的每项事业都引发了一种普遍的反响
Across culture, language, or age,
这种反响跨越文化 语言或年龄
“Ooh, aah, wow.”
“哦 啊 哇”
All those jobs were what he did,
我说的所有这些工作都是他做的
but who he was was someone who inspired awe.
但引发人们赞叹的则是他这个人
If you go out in nature, you will be in awe.
如果你身处大自然之中 你会深感赞叹
So, it was completely in his blueprint for him to go and become someone who worked in nature
他就好似一个在大自然中工作的人
and took others into nature to inspire awe.
他的人生蓝图就是引发人们对自然的赞叹
Today, he owns a company
如今 他拥有一家公司
where he designs and manufactures gear for outdoor enthusiasts.
为户外运动爱好者设计和制造装备
He found his way.
他找到了他的路
So, the formula seems to be:
因此 成功的公式似乎是这样的:
something from the past whether it has come true or not,
对过去的事情 无论它是否已经实现
re-examine for its true significance,
重新检视其真实的意义
married with your skill set of today,
再加上你如今已掌握的技能
equals a satisfying new chapter.
就得到一个令人满意的新篇章
Now, there are people who have said to me over the years that
多年来 一直有人对我说过
they’ve never had a dream,
他们从来没有过梦想
that they never had anything that ever called to them,
他们从未感到有什么使命在召唤他们
they don’t have any memory of anything
他们也不记得自己是否
they’d ever wanted to be when they grew up.
曾经想要在长大后成为什么人
Over the years, what I’ve seen as a common thread among these people is that
多年来 我发现这些人的共同点是
they all had a rougher childhood than most.
他们的童年比大多数人都要艰难
They either grew up in a dysfunctional home,
他们要么在一个不健全的家庭里长大
maybe there was raging, maybe there was alcoholism,
可能有家庭暴力 可能有酗酒问题
perhaps they were worried that a relative who was sick or sibling who was sick,
可能有一个生病的亲戚或兄弟姐妹要担心
they didn’t know if they were coming or going,
他们不知道糟糕的事情会不会过去
any child who has to keep their guard up all the time, and doesn’t feel safe
任何不得不时刻保护自己 毫无安全感的孩子
can’t dream.
是不可能有梦想的
If that’s any of you, don’t worry,
如果你就是这样的人 别担心
there is a solution for another time.
这里还有另一种解决方案
I’ve also met people who have had a round of success with their career,
我还遇到过在事业上取得一系列成功的人
but it was based on something that was a reaction from their past.
但他们的成功建立在对过往经历的回应上
So, they succeeded,
所以他们成功了
but now they don’t know what to do
但是现在 他们不知道该做什么
because they have no criteria.
因为他们没有了参照
So, that thing from the past,
那些过往的经历
if any of you have ever made a vow,
如果你们中有人曾经发过誓
anyone who’d ever said, “I won’t be like my mother,”
比如 “我不会像我的母亲那样”
or “I won’t be like my father,”
或“我不会像我的父亲那样”
or “I’ll never be poor,” or “I’ll show them,”
“我绝不会贫穷” 或“我要向他们证明”
that’s a vow.
这都是一种发誓
If you did that,
如果你发过誓
it was a reaction to circumstances of your life,
这就是你对生活环境的一种回应
and it probably served you well.
它可能会对你很有帮助
Look, a lot of people have a lot of ambition
你看 很多人的雄心壮志
based on things they don’t want in their life.
都是出于他们想要摆脱生命中的某种事物
But there may come a point where that motivation is no longer useful to you
但等到某一刻 当这种动机对你不再有用
because you’ve outgrown it.
因为你已经超越了它
And then, what do you do?
那么接下来 你怎么办?
Karen was someone that I met in this situation.
当我遇到凯伦时 她就处于这种情况
She was a top salesperson,
她是一位顶级销售人员
she won all the cars, all the trips,
她赢得了各种汽车 各种旅行奖励
but she started talking about how she was feeling really anxious
但她开始向我诉说 她有多么焦虑
because she felt like she was losing her mojo.
因为她觉得自己正在失去魔力符
She didn’t know if she could keep up this pace
她不知道自己是否还能跟上节奏
and she didn’t know how to discipline herself
也不知道如何自律
to be as ambitious as she was before.
去保持和以前一样的雄心壮志
I suspected that there would be something in her story
我怀疑她的故事中一定有什么细节
that would tell us what was going on.
能告诉我们其中的原因
So, there it was; at 17,
然后 原因找到了 17岁那年
she was ready to accept a scholarship
她正打算接受一笔奖学金
to play basketball for college,
去大学里打篮球
and she found out she was pregnant.
但她却发现自己怀孕了
She gave up the scholarship,
她放弃了奖学金
she had the baby, and she made a vow.
她生下了孩子 并发誓
“I will not be a teenage statistic.”
“我绝不会做一个失败的未成年妈妈”
She had that baby,
她生下了那个孩子
she had another baby with the same guy,
和同一个男人再生了一个孩子
then she married him, went to school,
然后她嫁给了他 回去上学
got this great job, succeeded wildly,
有了这份出色的工作 取得了巨大的成功
and now she couldn’t figure out why she could make it work.
但现在 她不明白她成功的原因在哪里
Well, she wasn’t a teenager anymore,
她不再是一个十几岁的孩子了
and she had well proven that she wasn’t a teenage statistic.
她也证明了自己不是一个失败的未成年妈妈
So, once she had the awareness that she needed to just change why she worked,
因此 一旦她意识到只需调整她工作的原因
the motivation for why she worked, she was on to new paths.
即她工作的动力 她就能踏上新的旅程
So you see, your resume is only part of the equation.
所以你看 简历只是等式的一部分
All the things that happened which made that resume,
所有那些造就了你的简历
that made your life story,
并成就了你的人生的事物
that’s what reveals your blueprint.
就是使你发现你的人生蓝图
That’s what reveals the themes and the imprint
并向你揭示生命主题和人生印记的东西
that is your yolk.
也就是你的“蛋黄”
I want to live in a world where people stop competing at work,
我想生活在这样的世界 那里没有工作竞争
because they realize that they are so unique
因为人们意识到自己是如此独一无二
that there’s nobody to compete with.
以至于无人可与你竞争
Everyone’s unique,
每个人都是独特的
we don’t cross over, we don’t have to compete.
我们不会越界 我们不必竞争
I want a world where we don’t torture our teenagers
我希望有一个世界 那里的青少年不必
to figure out what they want to do
被逼着在17岁的年纪就得弄明白
with the rest of their life at 17 years old,
自己这辈子要做什么
because we’ve taught them that
因为我们教他们知道
their dreams have many ways that they can come to be.
实现梦想的方式有很多种
I’d like to see a world where nobody suffers to make a living
我希望看到一个世界 那里没人再为生计操劳
because they understand that they are not wedded to the shell,
因为他们明白自己不会被蛋壳束缚
but they can evolve from the yolk.
相反 他们可以从蛋黄中演化成长
So, before, I told you
之前 我告诉过你们
that half of the people in the U.S. would do something different if given the chance.
如有机会 半数美国人会选择其他的工作
Half!
半数的美国人!
That is an epidemic.
那已成了一种社会病
But it’s an epidemic that has a cure.
但这种社会病有解药可医
The cure is understanding that career satisfaction
它的解药就是 要意识到职业满足感
doesn’t come from what you do.
并非来自工作本身
It comes from who you get to be while you’re doing it.
它来自你由于这份工作成为了什么样的人
The beauty is,
精髓就在于
who you get to be is the real you.
你成为的那个人 才是真正的你
Thank you.
谢谢大家
[Cheers][Applause]
[欢呼声][掌声]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

人的成功不在于身份,地位,收入等光鲜靓丽的外在条件,而是要成为真实的自己。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

何不秉烛游

审核员

审核员LJ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfNX1cHk-fE

相关推荐