未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)

《走遍美国》#9 选校风云

Family Album USA - Episode 9 - It's Up to You

In the first ACT,
在第一幕
Robbie is writing a story for the river day of high school newspaper.
罗宾正在为高中每日报创作故事
I’m writing an artical on the feelings about graduation.
我正在构思一篇有关于毕业的文章
Robbie will have to make some decisions.
罗宾将做出一些决定
What does he want to do after graduation?
他想在毕业后干什么?
Maybe you should think about becoming a writer.
也许你应该考虑成为一名作家
Maybe I should.
也许我可以
Philip wold like Robbie to go to the university of Michigan.
飞利浦想要罗宾去密歇根大学深造
So he schedules an interview for Robbie.
所以他为罗宾安排了一场面试
With the dean of admissions.
和招生办主任
He’s going to be in New York tomorrow to interview appilicants for admission.
他明天要去纽约面试入学申请
But Robbie may not want to go
但是罗宾不太想去
to the same school that his father and grandfather attended.
他父亲和祖父都曾就读的学校
But I may not want to go to Michigan.
但是我不想去密歇根
What does Robbie want to do?
罗宾想干什么?
“It’s up to you”
随你便
Written by George Lefferts
乔治 雷福特编写
Produced by Alvin Cooperman
埃尔文 库博制片
Directed by Jo Anne Sedwick
乔 安妮 塞德维克导演
ACT I
第一幕
Who is it?
谁呀?
Dad.
爸爸
Come in, dad.
进来 爸爸
I thought you might be hungry.
我想你应该饿了
I brought you chicken Sandwich, a glass of milk.
我给你带来了鸡肉三明治 一杯牛奶
I am hungry.
我饿了
Thanks, dad.
谢谢 爸爸
What time is it anyway?
现在几点了
Ten o’clock.
十点
What are you working on?
你在做什么?
I am writing a story for the high school paper.
我在为高中报社写故事
Have you finished it tomorrow?
你明天能写完吗?
No.
不能
I have to turn it in in the morning.
我必须在明早写完
What’s it about?
什么事
I’m writing an article on the feelings about graduation.
我正在构思有关于毕业的文章
And…how do you feel?
你感觉如何?
Me?
我吗?
A little scared and excited too.
有点害怕也有点兴奋
I feel the same way.
我也这样觉得
Scare because leaving home and moving to college.
害怕是因为要离开家去读大学
Oh…
哦……
Leaving home is part of growing up.
离开家是长大必经的一部分
Well, don’t work all night.
好吧 不要熬夜
I don’t mind. I enjoy writing.
我不介意 我喜欢写作
Maybe you should think about becoming a writer.
也许你该考虑成为一名作家
Maybe I should.
也许吧
You have lots of time to decide.
你有许多时间去考虑下决定
That’s the worst part, making decisions.
做决定是最烦的事情
You’ll be ok.
你会做好的
Good night, son.
晚安 儿子
Good night, dad.
晚安 爸爸
The next morning…
第二天早晨
[Singing]
[歌声]
Ah…Good morning, Robbie.
额……早 罗宾
Good morning, dad.
早 爸爸
How’s my grandson?
我的孙子好吗?
Fine, grandpa. Fine.
很好 爷爷 很好
What are they cheering about?
他们在欢呼什么?
Did university of Michigan win another football game?
难道密歇根大学又赢了一场球赛?
Tell him, Philip.
告诉他 飞利浦
I just broke with Charlie Rafer.
我刚和查理 拉弗商讨
Who’s Charlie Rafer?
谁是查理 拉弗?
He is the dean of admission for the university of Michigan.
他是密歇根大学招生办主任
And he turns out to be the classmate of Philip.
他是飞利浦同学
And we were both on the tennis team.
我们都曾在网球队
Great.
太棒了
It is great!
太棒了
He’s going to be in New York tomorrow to interview applicants for admission.
他明天要去纽约面试入学申请
And he’s agreed to fit you and we schedule.
他同意安排和我们的见面
But I may not want to go to Michigan.
但我不想去密歇根
It’s one of the best schools in the country, Robbie.
罗宾他是国内最好的大学之一
Yeah, I studied medecine there, your grandfather, went the engineering school there.
是的 我在那里学过医学 你的祖父在那里读过工程学
I know that, but…
我知道 但是……
You said you want to be a doctor like your father.
你曾说你想成为像父亲一样的医生
Not exactly.
不完全是
You couldn’t think of finding a medical school in Michigan.
你不能在密歇根找到一所医学院
Yes, I know that.
是的 我知道
Let’s meet with Charlie at the university club.
让我们在大学俱乐部和查理会面
Ten o’clock tomorrow morning.
明早十点
It doesn’t mean you’re going to Michigan.
这不代表说你要去密歇根
It doesn’t mean you have to be a doctor.
不代表说你必须当医生
But…the interview will be a good experience for you.
但是 这场面试对于你来说是一个难得的经历
In that case, it’s ok.
那样的话就行
Dad,
爸爸
quarring up means making my own decisions, doesn’t it?
我们讨论过由我自己做决定 不是吗?
You are right, Robbie.
是的 罗宾
But,
但是
like your grandpa suggested, have the interview.
听听你爷爷的意见 去参加面试
And then, make your own decision.
然后 你再做决定
That’s sounds fine.
听起来不错
I know it suddenly, Robbie.
我知道这很突然 罗宾
But this is important.
但是它很重要
But this is important.
它很重要
Opportunity.
机会
We have done this first tomorrow morning, ok?
我们明早先去好吧?
Sure, dad.
好的 爸爸
I want you know something, son.
我想让你明白一些事 儿子
I love you…
我爱你……
I am very proud of you.
我以你为荣
Thanks, dad.
谢谢 爸爸
Well, I am going to an appointment to hospital at nine , I’ll see you on the dinner time.
好的 我九点钟还要去医院 我在饭点再和你会面
Bye, dad.
再见 爸爸
Is there…something still wrong, Robbie?
罗宾 还有什么不对的事吗?
I’ll be ok.
我会好的
Going to the college for the first time,
第一次去大学
always makes one a little nervous.
都会有些小紧张的
I guess so.
我猜也是
I’ll be ok.
我会好的
Just need time to think.
只是需要点时间
Focus In
重点
AFTER GRADUATION
毕业以后
I’m writing an article on the feelings about graduation.
我在构思关于毕业的文章
And…how do you feel?
你觉得怎样?
Me?
我吗?
A little scared, and excited too.
有点害怕也有点兴奋
I feel scared, I feel excited.
我感到害怕 我感到兴奋
It’s a whole new situation.
这是一个全新的局面
I’ve got my future to think about after high school graduation.
我该想想毕业后未来的我要做什么
I feel scared, I feel excited.
我感觉害怕 我感觉兴奋
I’m got a lot on my mind.
我有许多自己的想法
Going the way from school, going the way from home.
离开学校 离开家
And friends are leave behind.
朋友渐行渐远
Quarring up means making my own decisions, doesn’t it?
探讨意味着遵循我的决定 不是吗?
Decisions, decisions.
决定 决定
I don’t know what I’m going to do.
我不知道我要干什么
I’ve got my whole life ahead of me when I graduate from school.
当我毕业那天起 我掌控我所有的命运
Decisions, decisions.
决定 决定
And college applications,
大学申请
When will I go to school and what will I do for my future occupation.
我要什么时候去学校 未来我要做什么
Scared because leaving home and moving to college.
害怕是因为要离家去学校
I’m leaving home for the first time,
第一次离家
and moving to a brand new place.
去到一个新的地方
A new situation, a new occasion,
一个新环境 新地区
and no one would know my face.
没有认识我的人
I’m leaving home for the first time,
第一次我要离开家
and nothing would be the same.
事态完全改变
A new destination, a new occasion,
新的目的地 新的场合
and no one would know my name.
没人知道我的名字
I’m scared.
我害怕
I’m excited.
我兴奋
I’m scared.
我害怕
I’m excited.
我兴奋
Coming up is the second ACT.
在第二章开始
Robbie has an interview with Dean Rafer.
罗宾和拉弗院办有个会面
You must be Robbie.
你一定是罗宾
Hi.
你好
Dean Rafer asks Robbie about his activities in high school.
拉弗院办问罗宾在学校活动的事
I see under activities that you’ve been writing for the school paper.
我知道你为学校报社写稿
As they talk,
在谈话中
the Dean says that Robbie is uncertain
院办说罗宾不确定
about going to the university of Michigan.
是否去密歇根读书
You seemed to have some reservations.
你看上去有所保留
What will Dean Rafer say to Robbie?
拉弗院办和罗宾说了什么?
ACT Ⅱ
第二幕
The following day…
第二天
Sorry Robbie, sorry to be late this morning.
对不起罗宾 晚来了
Well, we still have some time to have a cup of coffee.
没事 我们还有时间来杯咖啡
I can’t wait to see my old pal Charlie Rafer.
我迫不及待想见见我的老朋友查理 拉弗
Neither can I.
我也是
So you thought about it, aha?
所以你想过了 哈?
Yes, I had, dad.
是的 爸爸
I’m glad.
我很高兴
And you really realize this interview could be an important experience for you.
你当真意识到这场面试可能是你人生中非常重要的经历
I can react that conclusion.
我可以下结论
That’s very wise, Robbie.
罗宾 这是明智之举
Very wise.
非常明智
Now it’s…let’s set off to the city university club.
现在 让我们去这所大学的俱乐部
Thanks, dad.
谢谢 爸爸
Thanks? For what?
谢谢?为什么说谢?
Thanks for hear me out and…
谢谢你听我说完还有……
And?
还有什么?
And thanks for being such an understanding father.
还有谢谢你如此理解我 爸爸
Well, thank you, Robbie. Thank you.
嗯 谢谢罗宾 谢谢
Philip Stewart, it’s great to see you.
飞利浦 斯图沃特 很高兴见到你
Charlie Rafer, you look as young as ever.
查理 拉弗 你看上去一点也没变
Haha…
哈哈……
You must be Robbie.
你一定是罗宾
Hi.

Yes, he’s my only son, Robbie.
是的 他是我唯一的儿子 罗宾
Robbie, I want you to meet one of the best tennis players on the Michigan team.
罗宾 我想让你见见密歇根队最棒的网球队员之一的
Charlie Rafer.
查理 拉弗
Nice to meet you, dean Rafer.
见到你很高兴 拉弗院长
No, used to gone to be tennis player your dad.
不 你的父亲曾经才是最好的网球队员
No, he never good at that.
不 他不擅长网球
Frankly, neither was I.
坦白讲 我也不是
Charlie, was the star of the team.
查理 是队里的明星
Thanks.
谢谢
How you’ve been, Philip?
你过得怎样 飞利浦?
Oh…
哦……
Working too hard.
工作很辛苦
Doesn’t show? How’s going on?
看不出来?你怎么样?
Fine, thank you.
很好 谢谢
And how’s Margie?
麦琪好吗?
She stills giving a toefl’s English history exams in the school.
她仍然保持着学校托福成绩之最
And loving every minute of it.
珍惜每分每秒
And speaking of minutes.
说到时间
I have an interview in two at noon so why don’t we get right over?
我中午两点有一个面试 为什么我们不马上开始了?
And…can you have lunch with us later.
你稍后要不要和我们一起吃饭
I’d love to, Philip, I’m afraid I can’t.
我想去 飞利浦 但我可能去不了
I’m only here two days.
我在这只呆两天
And I have interviews with 26 applicants.
我要面26个人
I understand. Well, thanks.
我明白 好的 谢谢
I’ll leave. I’ll wait outside.
我要走了 我在外面等你
Good luck, son.
好运 儿子
You’ve been a transfer from high school.
你在高中转过学
Yes, sir, right here.
是的 先生 转到这里
Thank you.
谢谢
Please, sit down.
请 坐下
I see under activities that you’ve been writing for the school paper.
我知道你在为学校报社写稿
Yes, sir.
是的先生
What kind of artical you’ve been writen?
你写哪类文章?
All kinds,
所有类型
sports…Um…editorials, theater reviews,
体育……嗯……社论……影评
you name might I’ve read name.
你的名字我可能读到过
What about like your father become a journalist?
像你爸爸成为一名记者如何?
Professional writer?
职业作家?
Not told recently.
目前不敢说
Michigan is a fine school for journalism.
密歇根是所培养记者的知名学府
Yes, I know that.
是的 我知道
You seemed to have some reservations.
你看上去有一些想法
I’m a little uncertain.
我有点不确定
It’s been very nice talking to you.
和你交谈很高兴
Nice talking to you, sir.
和你交谈也是 先生
One piece advice,
一个建议
most important thing, is for you to decide your own future.
最重要的事是你决定自己的未来
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
Goodbye, Dean Rafer.
再见 拉弗院长
Goodbye, Robbie.
再见 罗宾
Good luck.
好运
Focus In
重点
IT’S UP TO YOU
随便你
The most important thing,
最重要的事
is for you to decide your own future.
你决定你的未来
I have to decide.
我必须决定
It’s my future.
我的未来
It’s up to me.
由我决定
Why do I want to go to school? Why do I want to study?
为什么我要读书?为什么我想学习?
Dad, grandpa went to the university of Michigan.
爸爸 爷爷在密歇根大学读过书
It’s one of the best school in the country, Robbie.
他是国内最好的大学之一 罗宾
I studied medicine there and your grandfather, went to the engineering school there.
我在那里学医学你的爷爷在那里读工程学
But I maynot want to go to the university of Michigan.
但是我不想读密歇根大学
Maybe I don’t want to study medicine or engineering.
也许我不想学习医学或工程学
Maybe I want to study journalism.
也许我想学习新闻学
I like to write.
我喜欢写作
I read a lot of articals.
我阅读过许多文章
What kind of articals you’ve been reading?
你喜欢读哪类文章?
All kinds.
所有类型
Sports, um…editorials, theater reviews,
体育……社论 影评
you name might I’ve read name.
你的名字可能我听说过
Maybe I do understand journalism,
也许我能理解新闻专业
When I become a journalism,
当我成为一名记者
I can write for the New York Times.
我可以为纽约时报写作
ROBERT STEWART
罗宾 斯图沃特
Writer.
作家
Yeah,I could study journalism.
耶 我可以学习新闻学
I take a course in writing.
我在写作中学到一课
journal, and history in literature.
日报 文学历史
Was give math magzines a headline.
给数学杂志写抬头
But I may take music,wait a second.
但是我需要音乐 等等
I don’t just like journalism, I like lots of subjects.
我不只喜欢新闻学 我还有许多喜欢的专业
And find study level arts, I can take courses of variety subjects.
研究文学学习阶段 我可以学几门不同专业课
Yeah,I don’t like to decide on my major in the first year.
好的 我不喜欢第一年决定我的专业
I think I want to become a writer.
我想我要成为一名作家
But I have time to decide.
但是我有时间去做决定
Maybe you should think about becoming a writer.
也许你应该考虑当一名作家
Maybe I should.
也许是的
You have lots of time to decide.
你有许多时间做决定
I do have time to decide.
我有时间做决定
And it’s up to me.
由我而定
In the third ACT,
在第三幕
Robbie’s friend Mike tells Robbie about his interview.
罗宾的朋友麦克告诉罗宾有关于他的面试
I had a great interview with missions at Columbia University.
我有一个哥伦比亚大学的面试机会
And Robbie tells Mike that he’d like to study journalism.
罗宾告诉麦克他想学新闻
I think I want to study journalism.
我认为我想学新闻
To be a reporter.
成为一名记者
Later, Robbie talks with father about his decision.
稍后 罗宾和他的父亲探讨他的决定
Hi, dad, everything is fine.
嗨 爸爸 一切皆好
I was just waiting for you to get home so we can get a talk.
我刚才在等你回家 然后我们可以谈谈
How will Philip feel about Robbie’s decision?
飞利浦对于罗宾的决定怎么看?
ACTⅢ
第三幕
I had an interview today too.
我今天也有场面试
I had a great interview with missions at Clumbia University.
我有一场哥伦比亚大学的面试
Really?
是吗?
What did they say? Will you get into the school?
他们怎么说?你要去那里吗?
Well, they didn’t say anything for sure.
嗯 他们没有确定的答复
But I figured with my grades, with my personality.
但是我分析了我的成绩我的性格
I have no problem.
我没问题
Columbia is the draftest school.
哥伦比亚是最佳候选大学
What do you gonna to do?
你接下来要做什么?
Do?
做什么?
I don’t know.
我不知道
I also applied to NYU.
我也申请了NYU
You sound excited about Columbia.
你听说哥伦比亚很兴奋
What’s your problem, Mike?
你有什么问题?麦克
In decision.
在决定
And decision is not easy in this important situation we have to made.
我们在这种重要时刻做出决定不是那么容易的事
What about you?
你呢?
How was your interview to Michigan?
密歇根的面试怎样了?
The interview is fine.
面试不错
It’s a great college.
它是所不错的大学
It is.
是的
My father would like me to go there, he and my grandpa both went there.
我的父亲想让我去那里 他和我的爷爷都在那读过
Great medical school.
很棒的医学院
I know.
我知道
You can follow your father’s footsteps.
你可以子承父业
Ah…I like to follow my own footsteps, Mike.
啊……我想跟随我自己的想法 麦克
What do you want to study?
你想学什么?
I’ve been thinking.
我还在想
I think I want to study journalism,
我认为我想学新闻
to be a reporter or newspaper man.
做一个记者或者新闻媒体人
You do a pretty good job in our everyday high school paper.
你在我们高中每日报做的很好
And I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately.
我得想一会
Have you discussed with your parents?
你和你的父母讨论过吗?
No.
没有
But I have to.
但我会的
Ok, let’s talk.
好的 去谈谈
That night…
那天晚上……
Hi, son.
嗨 儿子……
Is everything all right?
一切好吗?
Hi, dad, everything is fine.
嗨 爸爸 一切都好
I was just waiting for you to get home so we can get a talk.
我刚在等你到家然后我们可以谈谈
Anything special you want to talk about?
有什么特别的事你想谈吗?
There is, dad.
是的 爸爸
I’m listening.
我听着
Well…
好的……
I know you and mom have given up a lot
我知道你和妈妈已经放弃了很多
to save money for my college tuition.
省钱下来为我读大学所用
You want to go to college, Robbie?
你想读大学 罗宾?
I know, I do.
我知道 我要
But?
但是?
Well, I thought a lot about which college.
哦 我想我该选择哪所大学
And one of them is Columbia.
一所是哥伦比亚大学
Columbia?
哥伦比亚?
Why Columbia?
为什么是那?
First, there is an excellent school of journalism.
首先 这所学校的新闻专业很棒
They do.
是的
And…your friends are planing to go to Columbia?
还有……你的朋友们也计划去哥伦比亚?
That’s only a part of it.
这只是其中一部分
It’s complicated!
不止如此
I’ll try to explain.
我想解释下
Mike and I had a hand ball game this afternoon we talked.
麦克和我在下午有场手球赛 我们谈论了下
Well we talked about a lot of things.
我们谈论了许多
He applied to Columbia.He’s interview was very successful.
他申请哥伦比亚大学 他的面试很成功
He thinks he will be accpeted and really wants to go there.
他觉得他能被录取并且他真的想去那
Dean Rafer call me today.
今天拉弗院长电话于我
He told me…he was very impressed with you.
他告诉我……他对你印象深刻
He’s a nice man.
他是个好人
He was very knid.
他非常亲切
He told me…
他告诉我……
you have some doubts about when to go to Michigan.
你对何时去密歇根有些许疑惑
Yes, I do.
是的 我是这样觉得
I’m just not sure about what I want to do.
我不确定我想干什么
It’s ok.
没事的
You understand?
你明白吗?
I may tell you something, Robbie.
我来告诉你一些事 罗宾
Something that…
一些关于……
Might be surprising to you.
也许会让你惊讶
Why? Tell me.
为什么?告诉我
Your grandpa,
你的爷爷
wanted me to study engineering, like him.
想让我和他一样学习工程
Well… I wasn’t clear about my future, but…
嗯……我不清楚我的未来 但是……
I knew engineering was not for me.
我知道工程学并不适合我
What did you tell grandpa?
你怎样告诉爷爷的?
The truth.
说实话
Then you not accept about I might not want to go to medicine?
然后你不接受我不想去读医学的想法?
I’m not accept at all.
我不完全接受
I’m just happy that you want to talk about it.
我很高兴你能告诉我这些
I am too, dad.
我也是 爸爸
I suppose you want to apply the Columbia.
我猜你想申请哥伦比亚大学
Yes, but I also want to apply the several other colleges.
是的 但我也想申请其他几所学校
I thought you want to go to Columbia.
我认为你想去哥伦比亚大学
Well I might want to go to Columbia, and I might not.
也许我想去哥伦比亚大学也许又不想
I just want be able to make my own decision.
我只想自己做决定
You’re a real Stewart.
你是一个真正的斯图沃特
And if I think about it long enough, you’ll never know…
如果我想的太久 你永远都不知道……
Never know what?
不知道什么?
If I make my own decision,
如果我自己做决定
I might… choose Michigan.
也许我会选密歇根大学
Robbie, you know something…
罗宾 你知道的……
You know?
你知道吗?
When I was your age,
当我在你这个年纪
I said exactly the same thing to grandpa.
我和你爷爷说了同样的话
Focus In
重点
COMPARISONS
比较
Why I want to go to the university in Michigan?
为什么我想去密歇根大学
Dad, grandpa went there.
爸爸 爷爷在那读过书
Which one will I live in school, like Columbia university.
我要在哪里读书?比如哥伦比亚大学
Or maybe NYU, New York University.
或者NYU 纽约大学
Mike applied there, I’m also been thinking about going to a state school.
麦克申请了那里 我也想去一所公立大学
SUNY, the state university of New York at New Paltz.
SUNY 纽约新帕尔茨的纽约大学
How can I compare them?
我怎么做出比较?
I think I like to go to a small school.
我想去一所小点的学校
But Michigan and another Michigan is not small.
但是密歇根和另一所密歇根的大学都不小
Columbia is smaller than Michigan.
哥伦比亚大学没有密歇根大学大
SUNY new post is smaller than either Michigan and NYU.
SUNY新港口没有密歇根和NYU大
Columbia is smaller than SUNY.
哥伦比亚大学比SUNY小
It’s the smallest school for undergranduates.
它是最小的学校
I want to go to the school that close to Riviera.
我想去临近里维埃拉的学校
But Michigan is far away.
但是密歇根太远
SUNY is closer to Riviera.
SUNY比较临近里维埃拉
NYU is close to SUNY.
NYU临近SUNY
And Columbia is the closest.
哥伦比亚大学最近
Wow, that’s a lot to think about.
哇 有很多要考虑
Which one is the smallest?
哪一所最小?
Columbia.
哥伦比亚大学
Which school is the closest to Rivierdale?
哪一所离里维埃拉最近?
Columbia.
哥伦比亚大学
Which school is the cheapest?
哪一所最便宜?
SUNY new ports.
SUNY新港口
Which school would you choose?
你要选哪所大学?

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

罗比马上要准备上大学了,但是他不知道选哪一所校,通过一系列的比较之后,决定去……

听录译者

Crayon

翻译译者

糖糖

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZSvHxtBHcY

相关推荐