未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)

《走遍美国》#12 顶尖高手

Family Album USA - Episode 12 - You're Tops

(音乐)
(music)
第一幕中 爷爷闲不住了
In the first ACT, grandpa is restless.
他正等着苏珊过来吃晚饭
He is waiting for Susan to come over for dinner.
苏珊 是你吗
Is that you, Susan.
自从爷爷退休 他空闲时间太多了
Since grandpa retired, he has too much free time.
我退休了
I’m retired.
(叹气)
(sigh)
我很无聊
But I’m bored.
爷爷想做什么事呢
What does grandpa want to do?
第一幕
ACT I
苏珊 是你吗
Is that you,Susan?
是我 爷爷
It’s me, grandpa.
见到你真高兴
Am I glad to see you.
我见到你也很高兴
And I’m glad to see you.
能到这里来我也很高兴
I am also glad to be here.
最近在忙什么
How are things?
从今天早上10点开始 我一直在和
I have been talking to a group of a salesmen
一群推销员闲扯
since ten this morning.
我都累坏了
And I’m really exhausted.
哈哈
Haha…
嗯 你看起来还好
Well, you look good.
哈利今天晚上要干什么
What’s Harry doing tonight?
今天他和米歇尔去了新泽西的亲戚家
He and Michelle are visting relatives in New Jersey today.
我家其他人都去看电影了
The rest of our family went to the movies.
所以 现在就剩你和我了 苏珊
So… it’s just you and me, Susan.
爷爷 能和你单独在一起真好
It’s nice to be alone with you, grandpa.
我们彼此了解的还不够
We don’t get to see enough of each other.
噢 我也是这么想的 苏珊
Um… I feel the same way, Susan.
我很想你
I miss seeing you.
但是实话说
But to tell the truth,
下次
next time,
我想去城里找你
I’d like to go into the city and meet you there,
而不是让你来这里
instead of you coming here.
你不需要这么做 爷爷
You don’t need to do that, grandpa.
不不 我需要多出去走走
Oh, yeah, I do. I need to get out more.
呃 我是说
Uh…Well, I, I mean…
在家里有很多事情可做
There’s a lot to do around the house
我喜欢和家人在这里共度时光
and I love being here with the family, you know.
但是 我太闲了
But, uh, I’m restless.
自从我退休后
Since I retired,
我有太多空闲了
I’ve got extra time on my hands.
我能理解 爷爷
I understand, grandpa.
我也觉得你能理解
I think you do.
坦白说
Frankly,
我想多干点脑力活
I’d like to use my brain a little more.
爷爷
Grandpa,
你有这么多的精力
you have so much energy
和多年的经验
and so many years of experience.
你可以去很多地方工作
There are probably a lot of places for you to work,
尤其是工地上
particularly in a construction field.
但是
But…
我都这个年纪了 只想做做兼职工作
At my age, I’m not looking for the full- time job.
我退休了
I’m retired.
而且我很无聊
But I’m bored.
呃 肯定有什么事适合你
Haha…Well, there must be something.
嗯 或许我可以帮忙
En… Maybe I can help.
我们去厨房吧
Let’s go into the kitchen,
或许你可以帮我准备碗筷
and maybe you can help me set the table.
好的 很适合我 我们今晚要吃什么
Uh, sounds good to me. What are we having?
我准备了羊排 土豆泥
I prepared lamb chops, the mashed potatoes
和开场小菜蔬菜色拉
and a tossed green salad to begin with.
爷爷
Grandpa,
你真体贴
you are a terrific guy.
哈哈
Haha…
你还在考虑要做什么 对吧
You’re still thinking about something to do, aren’t you?
兼职之类的
A job of some kind.
是的
That’s right.
这件事我想了几个星期了
I’ve been thinking about it for weeks now.
一定有什么工作能利用到我聪明的大脑
There must be some way to put my mind to good use.
我们会找到的
We’ll find a solution,
想出一个有效的办法来
a positive solution, to your finding a way
为你聪明的大脑找到合适的工作
to use that wonderful mind of yours.
(现在)
(now)
(过去)
(past)
爷爷正在等着苏珊
Grandpa is waiting for Susan.
是你吗 苏珊
Is that you,Susan?
爷爷从中午开始就一直等着苏珊
Grandpa has been waiting for Susan since noon.
爷爷一直在等
Grandpa has been waiting
苏珊从今早10点开始一直工作
Susan has been working since ten o’clock this morning.
苏珊一直在工作
Susan has been working.
但现在她没在工作
But she isn’t working now.
是我 爷爷
It’s me, grandpa.
见到你真高兴
Am I glad to see you.
爷爷不工作了
Grandpa isn’t working.
但他一直在找事情做
But he’s been finding things to do.
他一直在找
He’s been finding
爷爷正在考虑着找一个工作
Grandpa is thinking about getting a job.
你还在考虑要做什么 是吗
You’re still thinking about something to do, aren’t you?
兼职之类的
A job of some kind.
是的
That’s right.
这件事我想了几个星期了
I’ve been thinking about it for weeks now.
我一直在想
I’ve been thinking
说不定 要不了多久你就会找到工作
Maybe you’ll get a job soon.
第二幕中
In the second ACT,
苏珊和她的助理萨姆
Susan talks with Sam, her assistant,
谈论她爷爷的事情
about her grandfather’s problem.
我本以为他退休后会享受
I thought he was retired and pleased
和家人在一起的时光
to be living with the family.
没错啊
He is.
但是他精力充沛 才华横溢
But there’re so much energy and talent in the man
却没有用武之地
and he doesn’t get to use it.
苏珊认为她的老板约翰·马切塔
Susan thinks her boss John Marchetta
能帮上忙
may be able to help.
所以她向马切塔先生讲了这个问题
So she meets with Mr Marchetta and explains the problem.
他需要工作
He needs to work.
实际上
In fact,
这就是我来见你的原因
that is the reason why I am here to see you.
可能马切塔先生能帮忙
Maybe Mr. Marchetta can help…
第二幕
ACT II
萨姆 你能进来一下吗
Sam, would you come in please?
你似乎遇到什么难题了 苏珊
You sound like something’s bothering you, Susan.
是这本新的幼儿书的封面图画吗
The sketches for the cover of the new doll book?
不是
That’s not it.
请坐
Please sit down.
好的
Sure.
我需要你对我的私事提点建议
I need your advice on a personal matter.
但不是关于我的
But it’s not about me.
呃 你需要我给你的私事出主意
Uh, you need my advice on a personal matter
而且不是关于你的 好吧
and it’s not about you. Ok…
是我爷爷
It’s about my grandfather.
怎么了?
What’s the problem?
听起来也不是什么大事 但确实是个大事
It won’t sound like a big deal, but it is.
周六我和他一起吃晚饭
I had dinner with him Saturday
他很不喜欢每天待在家里不工作
and he’s very unhappy about not working.
我本以为他退休后会很享受
I thought he was retired and pleased
和家人在一起的时光
to be living with the family.
没错啊
He is.
但是他精力太充沛 才华横溢
But there’re so much energy and talent in the man
却无用武之地
and he doesn’t get to use it.
我能做什么
What can I do?
你想要什么样的建议?
What kind of advice you’re looking for?
就这样
Simply this.
约翰·马切塔管理这家公司
John Marchetta runs this company.
他成立了这个公司
He founded this company.
是的
Right.
约翰·马切塔给了我一个起点
John Marchetta gave me my start here.
6年前
Six years ago,
我刚从大学毕业
when I first graduated from college,
他给了我发挥才能的机会
He gave me the chance to use my talents
让我感到更自信
and made me feel more confident.
是的
Right.
可能他也能给你爷爷这样的机会
Maybe he can do the same thing for your grandfather.
或至少给点建议
Or at least give him some advice.
是的
Right.
那我解决了你的问题
Then I solved your problem.
哈哈
Haha.
你总是这么可靠 萨姆 哈哈
I can always depend on you, Sam. Hahah…
很高兴能帮你
I’m glad to help.
要我帮你给马切塔先生打电话吗?
Shall I call Mr Marchetta for you?
不不 我自己来
No, no, I’ll do that.
谢谢
Thanks.
你家人都还好吧?
Now, how’s the stewart family?
好 谢谢你的关心 马切塔先生
Fine, thank you Mr. Marchetta.
除了我爷爷
Except for my grandfather.
怎么了 苏珊 他怎么了?
What’s wrong, Susan? What’s wrong with him?
他需要工作
He needs to work.
实际上
In fact,
这就是我来找你的原因
that is the reason why I am here to see you.
我知道你正在建一个新工厂
I know you’re building a new factory and
我想
I thought
或许
maybe
我爷爷在施工贸易方面经验丰富
My grandfather is so experient to the construction trade.
他能创造很多价值
He could be so valuable.
让他明天10点来见我吧
Tell him to come and see me ten o’clock tomorrow morning.
我有个主意也许能解决他的问题
I have an idea that may solve the problem for him
同时又能帮助很多其他人
and help a lot of other people.
真的吗 马切塔先生 我能那样告诉他吗?
Really, Mr. Marchetta, can I tell him that?
当然可以 明早10点到这里
Sure can. Ten o’clock in the morning. here.
噢 太感谢了
Oh, uh… Thank you!
怎么了?
What’s the matter?
听起来你遇到困难了 苏珊?
Sounds like something’s bothering you, Susan?
有事情困扰你
[Something is bothering you]
告诉我是什么事?
[Tell me what it could be?]
让我知道你在担心什么
[Let me know why you’re worried.]
你可以告诉我 喔喔
[You can tell me, ooh…]
问题是什么
[what seems to be the problem?]
我能做什么?
[What can I do?]
你可以告诉我是什么事?
[You can tell me what it is.]
我愿意帮你 喔
[I’d like to help you, oh…]
什么事 什么事
[What’s the matter? What’s the matter?]
耶 耶 喔
[yeah~yeah~oh]
什么事 什么事?
[What’s the matter? What’s the matter?]
耶耶喔 你不告诉我是什么事吗?
[yeah~oh , won’t you tell me what’s the matter? yeah~oh]
出什么事了吗?
[Is something wrong?]
麻烦是什么?
[yeah~oh What seems to be the trouble?]
告诉我 告诉我 怎么了?
[tell me, tell me, what’s up?
什么事 苏珊?
What’s wrong, Susan?
问题是什么?
[What’s the problem?]
我能做什么?
[What can I do?]
你在忧虑什么?
[There are somethings on your mind.]
有事困扰你
[Something’s bothering you.]
大家一起唱 什么事 什么事?
[Everybody sings. What’s the matter? What’s the matter?]
什么事 什么事?
[What’s the matter? What’s the matter?]
你不告诉我什么事吗?
[Won’t you tell me what’s the matter?]
出什么事了吗?
[Is anything wrong?]
第三幕中
In the third ACT,
爷爷和马切塔先生见面
Grandpa meets with John Marchetta.
嗨 我是马尔科姆·斯图尔特
Hi, I’m Malcolm Stewart.
约翰·马切塔
John Marchetta
爷爷告诉马切塔先生
And grandpa tells Mr. Marchetta
他在施工方面的经验
about his experience in the construction business.
已经有43年了
Forty-three years.
其中一半的时间是在自己的建筑公司里
Half that time in my own construction company.
他讲述了他的问题
And he explained his problem.
有适合我这种退休年纪的人的工作吗?
There isn’t any work for a retired person my age.
所以 约翰·马切塔告诉爷爷
So, John Marchetta tells grandpa
一个叫做TOPS的组织
about an organization called TOPS.
TOPS T O P S
TOPS. T-O-P-S.
意思是天才老年人社区
means Talented Older People’s Society.
TOPS能帮上什么忙呢?
How can TOPS help?
第三幕
ACT III
嗨 我是马尔科姆·斯图尔特
Hi. I’m Malcolm Stewart.
约翰·马切塔 请坐 请坐
John Marchetta. Sit down, sit down.
苏珊已经把你的情况都跟我说了
Susan has told me a great deal about you.
她说你很能干
She says you’re a quite man.
她也说了很多关于你的出色成就 斯图尔特先生
She says a lot of wonderful things about you too, Mr. Stewart.
很高兴听到这些 马切塔先生
That’s always nice to hear, Mr. Marchetta.
叫我约翰就行 我可以叫你马尔科姆吗?
Call me John. May I call you Malcolm?
我们言归正传吧
Let’s talk business.
洗耳恭听
That’s music to my ears.
我知道你过去从事建筑施工工作
I understand you used to be in a construction business.
是的 43年了
Yeap, forty-three years.
这是我43年来工作经历的简介
Here’s the brief description of forty-three years of on the job training.
哈哈 经验丰富呀
Haha… That is some history.
你是个人才啊 马尔科姆
You’re valuable asset, Malcolm.
很厉害
Very valuable.
谢谢
Thank you.
是的 43年
Yep, forty-three years.
其中一半时间在我自己的建筑公司
Half that time on my own construction company.
大工程
Big jobs and
工厂 大商场 这种类型的
factories, shopping malls that kind of things.
然后 你退休了
Then, you retired.
是的 在我妻子过世之后
Yes, after my wife died,
我觉得我应该和我孩子及孙子多在一起
and I feel I should spend more time with my children and grandchild.
我住在佛罗里达 他们住在纽约
I lived in Florida and they lived in New York.
我能理解 我的女儿 卡米住在纽约
I understand, my daughter, Cami lives in New York
我喜欢离她近一点
I like being near her.
我来这里的时候 本打算先休息几个月
When I came here. I planned to take few months off,
和家人放松一下
relaxe with the family
然后再找个工作
and then look for some work.
将我的经验利用起来
put my experience’s on the line,
但不幸的是
But unfortunately,
没有工作适合我这种退休年纪的人
there isn’t any work for a retired person my age.
有时有 有时没有
Sometimes there is and sometimes there isn’t.
我参加了一个组织
I’m involved with an organization
我们正努力解决这个问题
and we’re trying to resolve that problem.
什么组织?
What’s that?
TOPS T O P S
TOPS, T-O-P-S.
意思是天才老年人社区
means talented older people society.
嗯 我也愿意参加
Well, I’d liked to be a member.
入会费是多少?
How much of the dues?
没有入会费
There are no dues.
这个组织为这个城市中的主要公司服务
The organization serves major companies in the city.
为什么?
Why?
因为我们的成员都是你这样的人
Because our members are men and women like you,
有经验 有能力而且都退休了
experienced, talented, retired.
但是
But,
我们的成员想出去发挥他们的才智
our members wanna go out there and use their talents.
他们想去工作
They want to work.
太好了 约翰
That is fantastic, John.
我有个主意 马尔科姆
I’ve got an idea for you, Malcolm.
填一下这个表格
Just fill out this form for me.
只要花几分钟
It’ll only take a few minutes.
坐这里写吧 我和秘书说句话
Sit right here and do it while I talk to my secretary.
我回来再跟你说我的新工厂
When I get back, we’ll talk about my new factory.
我的公司也是TOPS的成员 所以
My company is member of TOPS, so
我努力帮助你这样的人找机会 马尔科姆
I try hard to find opportunities for people like you, Malcolm
机会来的时候 我可以把握住
And when I see an opportunity, I can act on it.
我现在就可以把你的才智运用的工作中
I can use your brainpower on the job right now.
今天上午你有时间吗?
Have you got time this morning
今天上午你有时间和我去施工现场吗?
Have you got time this morning to go over to the construction alongside with me?
了解一下工作内容
Get some background on the job.
我有的是时间
I’ve got plenty of time.
我马上回来
I’ll be right back.
我们会一起去现场
We go over to the job site together.
过了一会
Later that morning
马尔科姆 你参与过宇航中心项目?
Malcolm, you worked on a SpacePort project?
我的公司是承包商
My company was a contractor.
实际上 我亲手在那里建造了电影院
I built the theater there with my own two hands, practically.
我明白了
I understand.
好 很开心你俩相处这么好
Well, I’m glad to see you two guys getting along so well.
因为丹尼 马尔科姆参加了TOPS
Because Danny, Malcolm was on the TOPS team.
他会和你在一起工作一段时间
He’s going to be working with you for a while.
他的工作经验对我们都很有价值
His experience will be valuable to both of us.
欢迎你 马尔科姆
Welcome aboard, Malcolm.
我要回办公室了
I’m going to back to my office.
过会给我打电话 马尔科姆
Give me a call later, Malcolm.
我会告诉你下个TOPS会议的时间和内容
I’ll tell you the time and date of the next TOPS meeting.
希望你见见大家
I’d like you to meet the groups.
好的 约翰
I will, John
再次感谢你
and again thanks.
不 我应该谢谢你 也谢谢苏珊
No, thank you. And thank Susan.
他真有本事
He’s quite a man.
对我来说是个很大的激励
A real inspiration for me.
好了 丹尼 我知道你不想让我闲着
Ok, Danny. I know you didn’t expect to have me around
我觉得我会帮上你的忙的
but I think I can be of some help to you.
我跟你讲 马尔科姆
Let me tell you something, Malcolm.
你的经验和阅历
With you background and experience,
能让我学到很多东西
I can learn something.
并且我现在正需要一些建议来解决难题
And I do need some advice on a difficult trouble.
你看看这个
Let me show you this.

I…
我先不下最后结论
don’t wanna give you a final opinion
因为我还要仔细研究这个建筑计划
without studying these building plans more carefully.
但是 简单的方法可能是
But, a simple solution might be
移动空调单元
to move the air conditioning units
而不是重新设计整个系统
instead of redesighing the entire system.
这更省力省财
It might be simpler and less expensive.
你真是物有所值
You just earned your weight in gold, Malcolm
欢迎你加入
Welcome aboard.
这一切发生的太快了
It all happend so quickly,
真不敢相信
I can’t believe it.
马切塔先生真是乐于助人
I’m glad Mr. Marchetta was so helpful.
他何止是乐于助人
He was more than helpful.
实际上 他还带我见了他的工头
He actually took me to meet his foreman.
真为你高兴 爷爷
I’m thrilled for you, grandpa.
我不知道该怎么谢谢你 苏珊
I don’t know how to thank you, Susan.
你真是个好孙女
You are a wonderful granddaughter.
见到你这么高兴真好
It’s good to see you so happy.
我明天去施工现场
I’ll be at the construction site tomorrow.
你明天晚上要干什么?
What are you doing tomorrow night?
我没什么事 为什么这么问?
I’m not doing anything. Why?
和你的爷爷吃个饭如何?
How about a date with your grandfather?
我欠你一顿牛排晚餐
I owe you a good steak dinner.
我会去的
I’ll accept.
明天晚上 你和我 吃晚餐
Tomorrow night, you and me, dinner.
什么时候?
What time?
我7点来这里接你 可以吗?
I’ll pick you up here at seven. Is that ok?
我等不及了
I can’t wait!
你可以告诉我你重返岗位的第一天的趣事
And you can tell me all about your first full day back on the job.
就这么说定了
It’s a deal.
马尔科姆·斯图尔特 我们想知道
[Malcolm Stewart we want to know]
他是谁 他做过什么
[Who is he and what has he done]
这就是我们想知道的
[That’s what we want to find out.]
我们想知道
We’d like to know.
所以 我们来看看他的简历吧
[So, what do you say we take a look at his resume?]
这里是我43年的工作简介
‘Here’s a brief descriptionof 43 years on-the-job training.’
姓名 地址 和电话
[Name, address, and phone number.]
这是个好开头
[That’s a good way to begin.]
现在 我们知道写信地址和电话号码
[Now, we know where to write or call]
如果我们想联系他
[if we want to contact him.]
马尔科姆在哪里上的学
[Where did Malcolm go to school?]
我需要这个信息
[We need that information.]
我们想知道他在哪里 在什么时候接受的教育
[We’d like to find out where and when he got his education.]
1938年获得工程科学硕士
[Bachelor of Science in engineering in 1938.]
1940年获得工程科学硕士
[Master of Science in engineering in 1940.]
太棒了
[That’s great.]
我们需要一份马尔科姆的工作经历简介
[We need a brief summary of Malcolm’s work history.]
你是说他的工作经历
[You mean his work experience.]
他在马尔科姆·斯图尔特公司做了22年董事长
[He was president for 22 yearsof Malcolm Stewart Associates.]
他建造了什么?
[What did he build?]
他建造了像宇航中心这样的工程
[He built things like Spaceport Project,]
还有兰多文娱中心 汉德森鞋厂 佛罗里达阳光健康俱乐部
[Or lando Civic Centre, Handerson Shoe Factory, Florida Sun and Health Clubs,]
泰特斯维尔商场 德德艺术中心 之前
[Titusville Mall and Dede County Arts Centre. And before that, vice president–]
他是哈里森斯蒂莱建筑公司的副经理 在此之前
[Harrison and Stile’s Building Corporation. And before that, senior engineer–]
他是这个公司的高级工程师 在此之前 他是吉尔福德建筑公司的高级工程师
[Harrison and Stile’s Building Corporation. And before that, project engineer–Guilford Construction Company.]
在此之前 布朗库西兄弟公司的工头
[And before that, foreman–Brancusi Brothers.]
在那之前 他是海军一等兵
[And before that, he was in the Navy.Seaman first class!]
哈哈 经验真丰富呀
Hahaha. That is some history.
你是个人才 马尔科姆
You’re a valuable asset, Malcolm.
(音乐)
(music)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

爷爷退休在家很不习惯,于是苏珊给他介绍了份工作。爷爷是个很有能力和经验的人,他去面试了并聊得很好。

听录译者

Eretria真真

翻译译者

D.M.

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y6UJZiOFLM

相关推荐