ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

及时承认失败不是真正的失败-快速学习的研究 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

及时承认失败不是真正的失败-快速学习的研究

Failing Fast Isn't Really Failure – It's Accelerated Learning | Astro Teller bigthink

大想法
Big Think
失败 如果理解恰当的话
Failure, seen properly,
在某种意义上 也是一种快速学习
is just a recognition of fast learning.
所以我会用“辅助轮”
So I have training wheels,
尽量把这个概念放到X中来
which I try to put on this concept within X,
以此尽量让每个人都能舒服地接受这个想法
to try to help everyone get comfortable with the idea.
例如
Here’s an example.
你正致力于一个项目
You’re working on a project.
它可能存在某个薄弱点 也可能没有
It either has an Achilles’ heel or it doesn’t.
如果它真的存在的话
Would we like to discover that Achilles’ heel,
我们是去把它找出来?
if it exists,
还是先放放以后再说?
now or later?
如果你想以后再说
If you say later,
其实你就签了理性欺骗的条约
you’ve just signed up to be intellectually dishonest.
当然不是真的去签条约
You’re not really going to sign up for that.
一旦你承认
As soon as you acknowledge that
它应该存在薄弱点
should it have an Achilles’ heel,
我们就该知道 要现在处理而非以后再说
we’d like to know about that now rather than later,
那 对我们来说 该做的就是去行动
then it becomes the right way for us to behave.
去检查看看是否真的有薄弱点 就是现在 立刻马上
To check to see if it has an Achilles’ heel now, right now.
如果真有薄弱点
If it has the Achilles’ heel,
我们就可以结束计划 然后找更好的去做
we’ll end the project and we’ll go find something better to do.
如果没有呢
And if it doesn’t have an Achilles’ heel,
我们能够更加兴致高昂地去实施项目
we can move forward with that increased level of excitement and certainty
并且坚信自己选择的路是正确的
that we’re on the right track.
我们假设 你正打算在X实验室造时光机
Let’s pretend that you are setting out to make a time machine at X.
你有两个选择
And you have two choices.
一是让一块卵石或者一只老鼠
One, to cause a pebble or a mouse
回到一分钟前
to move backwards one minute in time
事实上就是进行小范围的时间旅行
to actually cause some small amount of time travel,
或者为时光机驾驶舱
or to design the user interface
设计用户交互界面
for the cockpit of the time machine.
我想 这个特例中我们都会同意
I think we can all agree in this particular example
如果选择致力于驾驶舱的用户交互界面
that working on the user interface for the cockpit,
一旦你成功
once you get it done,
那看起来像是做出了成就
it will look like you’ve made progress,
但实际上没有 你只是在做样子
but you haven’t, you’ve made motion.
我们可以一起坐这儿
We can all sit there,
看着你的驾驶舱 然后说
look at your cockpit and say
我们成功的几率
the chances that we succeed
跟之前人们的成功率完全一样
are exactly the same as they were before.
事实上我们没有任何进步
We’ve not actually made any progress,
因为全部风险都在
because all of the risk was on the part
你没选的那一项里
you chose not to do.
你首先应该做的是另一项
What you should have done first was the other one. 
在X实验室 为了好记
So the way that our shorthand for this at X
我们戏称它为“猴子第一”
is we joke #MonkeyFirst.
跟时光机差不多
Similar to the time machine,
如果你正尝试让一只猴子站在
if you’re trying to get a monkey
某10英尺高的台座上
to stand on a pedestal ten feet high
并背诵莎士比亚的独白
and recite Shakespeare monologues.
而且你可以选择先训练猴子
And you have a choice between training the monkey first
还是先建基台
and building the pedestal.
如果你选择先建基台
if you build the pedestal first
你的老板可能走过来
when your boss walks by, 
很高兴地说:“嘿 很漂亮的基台!”
he’s like, “Hey nice pedestal!”
你很开心
And then you feel good.
你刚刚做了很有用的事
You just did something useful,
并且得到了一点儿赞许
you just got a little bit of, you know, attaboy.
这就是人们会选择先这么做的原因了
That’s why people do that.
但是如果先建高台的话
But you’ve utterly wasted your company’s money,
你已经完全浪费公司资金了啊
if you build the pedestal first.
因为最难的部分是
Because all of the hard part
让猴子背诵莎士比亚
is getting the monkey to recite Shakespeare.
如果你能让猴子背诵莎士比亚
If you can get the monkey to recite Shakespeare,
之后我们总有机会建高台的
we can always build the pedestal afterwards.
但是如果你不能让猴子背诵诗词
But if you can’t, thank goodness
有幸的是我们没有浪费任何时间和金钱
we didn’t spend a moment or a penny
去建设一个没有任何使用价值的高台
building what turned out to be a useless pedestal.
现在 为了在X践行这一文化
Now, in order to get a culture at X to do that,
我们需要在人们这么做时奖赏他们
we need to reward people when they do it.
所以当有人举手说
So when someone raises their hand and says,
“我的项目看起来真很好
“My project looks really good,
但是我发现 它可能没法实现
but I’ve discovered I don’t think it’s going to work out
因为它存在着一个看起来很微小但是很重要的问题
because of this subtle but important issue,”
而且那十个人现在需要找个新工作了
And those ten people now need to find a new jobs.
如果我们说 “你们简直糟透了”
If we say, “Sucks to be you,”
X里永远不会再有人举手这么说了
no one at X will ever again raise their hand and say that.
但是如果我们对他们说
But if we say to them,
“嘿 那很棒了
“Hey, that was awesome.
你表现的理性诚实以及发现这问题的良好批判思维
What incredible intellectual honesty you just displayed.
多么令人难以置信啊”
And good critical thinking to have discovered this.”
我们将会超级努力地
We’re going to work super hard to
为你们所有人找到在X或者Alphabet里的新工作
find all of you new jobs somewhere at X or at Alphabet.
因你们如此贴心地结束项目
We’re going to give you all bonuses,
我们会付全部的奖金
for having ended your project so thoughtfully.
给你们放个长假 结束后
Take long vacations. And then when you’re done,
回来加入这里的其他项目
come back and join another project here,
并继续以饱满的热情再开始工作
and get going again with extra levels of passion.
因为你享受你正致力于的事
Because you’re now working on something
你不会再隐隐觉得未来在某处会失败了
that you don’t secretly know is going to fail at some point in the future,
那种如果你执着于
which is how you would have felt,
老项目就会有的那种感觉
if you had stuck on your old project.
当他们不得不放弃项目的时候 人们会伤心的
People are sad when they have to end their projects.
他们结束得并不轻松
They don’t end of their projects lightly.
但他们已经明白结束项目
But because they’ve come to understand that ending their project
仅仅是变得理性诚实
just being intellectually honest.
这是为了高效的推进
It’s driving for high efficiency,
这就是为什么我们用“工厂”这个词
which is why we use the word factory
并把它跟月球发射器联系起来
and tie it to moonshots.
因为我们正尝试系统创新
Because we’re trying to systematize innovation.
我们正尽力推动高效创新的实现
We’re trying to drive to high efficiency innovation.
而且要实现它 最好的办法就是
And that can best be done by being honest
你走错路时要诚实
when you’re on the wrong track.
这就是快速失败
And that is failing fast.
BIGTHINK.COM
BIGTHINK.COM

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

失败,如果理解恰当的话,在某种意义上,也是一种快速学习。及时放弃不太可行的项目,投入精力到新的项目,可以让我们更快的学习,而不是在旧项目上浪费时间金钱。

听录译者

红花老七

翻译译者

林邑

审核员

译学馆审核团D

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMepaDDGiMY

相关推荐